IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

pshellboy July 15th, 2009 02:25 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Fifteen miles west of Salem Oregon, I moved here 18 months ago and have 1 acre about 1/2 of which I can plant, three acres leased out for grass seed . My brother is 1500 ft up the road from me, yet has a vastly different micro climates and we compete each year with who can grow the best of what was decided on during the winter, really great fun, plus we both learn quite a bit from the game. I have also spent about $3000.00 on fruit trees , vines, bushes and Herbs since moving here so have a good base to start with now.

mmmtomatoes July 16th, 2009 12:01 AM

Indianapolis(Broad Ripple), Indiana

tractor103 July 16th, 2009 01:44 AM

Hi, everyone here. I live in China, and also we have a little garden in my family. My mother love the flower and there are many beautiful flowers in my yard. They are very beautiful. Also we plant many vegetables in our little garden. We love our garden very much, and very happy to share it with all here.:)

Colojd July 16th, 2009 05:33 PM

I live in a suburb of Denver, Colorado. We moved to Colorado from Kansas City in 1983 and lived in the mountains (Vail, CO) for almost 20 yrs before moving to the Denver area in 2002.

I grew up on a farm in Kansas. We always had a huge garden, and did canning and freezing of fruit and vegetables all summer long. My 89 year old Dad still lives on this farm.

I just completed my Colorado Master Gardener training in March and am doing a whole summer of volunteer and required duties to complete my certification. It has been informative and fun.

I enjoy this forum and have learned a lot. Love the Baker Creek seeds and look forward to growing something new each year.

Joyce

gerry July 16th, 2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tractor103 (Post 316499)
Hi, everyone here. I live in China, and also we have a little garden in my family. My mother love the flower and there are many beautiful flowers in my yard. They are very beautiful. Also we plant many vegetables in our little garden. We love our garden very much, and very happy to share it with all here.:)

Let me the first, or at least among the first, to welcome you to iDig!

Just curious, what vegetables do you grow in your "little garden"? What part of China are you in?

So we now have active participants from China, Germany, The Netherlands ... anyplace else?

gerry

tractor103 July 16th, 2009 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 316890)
Let me the first, or at least among the first, to welcome you to iDig!

Just curious, what vegetables do you grow in your "little garden"? What part of China are you in?

So we now have active participants from China, Germany, The Netherlands ... anyplace else?

gerry

Hey, Gerry, we grou some Tomatoes, Cucumber, Cabbage, Beans, Bitter gourd and so on in my small garden. Also sometines we also grow little Economic crops such as: Corn, Wheat, cotton, Peanut.

I live in Weifang, Shandong province, China, famous for the kite. Also Shouguang a little city famous for Vegetables.

Bye the way, you could call me Cassie. Welcome your coming to our city.

3580Rosie July 18th, 2009 01:32 PM

Jasper, TX--90 miles from the Gulf of Mexico, 20 miles from Louisiana. Hot, humid sweltering summers which are culminated w/hurricanes normally around Sept.

ratdog July 18th, 2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Yes, welcome! Nice to hear from someone in China and know what you grow.

fruits&nuts July 18th, 2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Welcome!

Where do you live? South? North? Central? West?

mamat34gb July 18th, 2009 07:12 PM

Good Evening~

We live in West Central Florida. Gardening is the way I start/end my day. We grow much of our veggies and herbs in hydroponic units because of our very limited space. However, we do compost for our pineapples, blueberries, citrus, bananas, figs and papaya that we grow in our little garden.

This was the first year for our two fig trees to yield. Goodness, they taste like honey. The papaya are growing in leaps and bounds and the pineapples are starting to set fruit. Yay!

Blessings,

Mama T of Tindel Den Cottage