IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

Penny July 14th, 2009 08:56 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I'm in Ontario, Canada....north of Toronto.

kyaggie July 14th, 2009 08:56 AM

Appalachian Mts in Eastern Ky. Some say Zone 6b, some say Zone 7. Most years we get weather more close to the Mid-Atlantic than the Mid-West.

garden_vato July 14th, 2009 10:12 AM

Happy Valley, Utah. Home of flood irrigation and July snowstorms. I'm fairly new to gardening; last year was my first attempt. I wasn't going to do much in the garden this year, but someone showed me a catalog with a huge assortment of different cucumbers, melons I didn't know existed, and colors of tomatoes I didn't know were possible. Well I ordered a bunch of seeds out of the website associated with that catalog, planted em, and have em growing now. I went back onto that website one day, saw a link that said forums, clicked on it, and the rest is history.......

redneckplanter July 14th, 2009 10:43 AM

deeeppppp south texas

older than dirt July 14th, 2009 10:43 AM

I'm 40 mil from Jere Gettle's place.
Am an old broken down farmer that only gardens a bit now.
Allways have grown a garden never used poison on foods ( hey im eaten that stuff) but do use baged fertilizer , no harm IMO if organic matereal is allso added..
Have allways been more or less prepareing for what we call hard times (monatary break down , civil disorder ect) so organic & OP seed is a natural with us.

woodwitch July 14th, 2009 11:20 AM

I live about 35 miles south of Kansas City on a crop farm which si in soybeans this year. I have been raising veggies on and off most of my adult life. I discovered heirlooms about 6 years ago and now almost all my garden is heirlooms. I can alot of veggies and fruit every year which really helps on the grocery bill. Right now I am keeping 5 families and the local senior center in squash. I love this site and hopefully will make it down to Baker Creek soon.

smalltownMO July 14th, 2009 01:49 PM

Live in Southwest MO about 40 miles north of Joplin MO and about 6 miles from the Kansas line. Been growing vegetables most of my adult life. My wife would argue with me on that as she says I'm still not an adult.

lalbers July 14th, 2009 06:59 PM

Yer hooked Vato- me too. I live close to the 4 corners region in northern NM, near Chaco Canyon, at 8,000 ft. elevation- the continental divide is my back yard, my front yard looks out to the wilderness with a 10k ft. mtn dominating the view. Elk, wild turkey, deer in my yard- they eat my garden, we eat them. (not the turkey, they're so ugly they're cute). Challenging growing environment, cold winters, hot dry summers, but it's a dry heat- neener neener to those in humid climates. We're in the boonies here, and that's the way we like it. Hate to have to go to the city to work- (why oh why couldn't I have been a trust fund kid?) I try to grow as much as I can to eat through the winter, and with the game hubby gets, we've got it good. I want to go back to Alaska for awhile tho. Man, you wouldn't believe the veggies they grow in the Matsu valley!

axhandle July 14th, 2009 08:31 PM

Mostly in the "State of Confusion" these days.

Good Post
Ax

Calhoun July 15th, 2009 01:22 AM

Crossville, TN

VIVA Crossvegas! :D