IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

mssy April 20th, 2009 09:04 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomatoexpres (Post 261717)
Mssy my garden is 10 X 20.Did you see that This Old House was in Brooklyn this year.You should come to Floyd Bennett sometime.

I know, I know... I am what they call a plantaholic, I need therapy. I read about the TOH feature. I used to live in Prospect Heights myself, and restored a 4 fmaily brownstone there before moving to my current brick rowhouse.
Funny you mention Floyd Bennett: my fiance, from Washington State, got all excited when he realized that we were near the old Dodgers field of legend.
So maybe we will visit before long.

dirtyDave April 25th, 2009 07:31 AM

hello all i am new to posting , i live in fort worth texas. i enjoy reading all of your post

posey54 April 25th, 2009 12:27 PM

I live in Salem, Indiana-about 40 miles from Louisville, Kentucky. Lots of red clay and rocks here! I've been gardening most of my adult life. There is nothing I would rather do more. I grow lots (usually too many) of tomatoes, mostly heirlooms, peppers, melons, beans, sweet potatoes, trying white potatoes this year. It changes from year to year, but those are the regulars. I've planted 2 apple trees and a cherry since we moved to our new property. Hope to plant more fruit trees, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, asparagus and much more as time and money allows. My garden is my favorite place; I pray, talk to God, work out my stress on weeds--much more economical than a therapist!

in a quandary April 25th, 2009 09:06 PM

I live in the mountains of the Sierra Nevada near Yosemite. I garden, raise goats, and homeschool my children. Monday it was in the 90's and last night we had a hard frost and killed all of my apple blossoms.

RedeemedMan April 26th, 2009 06:36 PM

Just joined in :)

I live in Wilkesboro, NC - at the bottom of the mountains east of Boone and about 50 west of Winston Salem.

davidbnava May 8th, 2009 04:33 PM

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I maintain it is imposible to make a compost heap here because of the dryness. Anyone disagree?

alawson54 May 8th, 2009 08:06 PM

I live in Alton, Il just across the Mississippi from St. Louis. Our soil is bad cause it's the first year we've gardened, but that will change! It is mostly clay and hard. Plus lots of rocks! But things are growing anyway. Got all my seed from you.

wicker762 May 8th, 2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidbnava (Post 274660)
I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and I maintain it is imposible to make a compost heap here because of the dryness. Anyone disagree?

My brother lives in Albuquerque. Me, I live in Iowa!:)

h8mtv May 8th, 2009 10:35 PM

King George Va, near Fredericksburg.

Always looking for local heirlooms.

thibodeaux41 May 8th, 2009 10:50 PM

I'm a Detroit artist and have gardened for 20+ years. Each year trying new things in my limited spaces. This year I'm getting a little bigger, by expanding to the side of the garage; using some vatical and up-side down growing; plus, I added some containers. I also help with my father's container garden and my friends small back-yard garden. I started so many seeds I'm giving a lot of starts to friends. As the gardens go I'll post picks and ask many questions. This year a friend sent me seeds from Baker Creek and I can't wait to harvest time.

http://don-thibodeaux.fineartamerica.com/