IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

schmutzigdachshunds April 16th, 2009 01:22 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

East Central/Southernish Florida. LOL About 14 miles from the coast by road. About 10 miles as the crow flies. (I have tons of crows here for some reason!) In a town called Port ST Lucie. Would it be a town if there are 167k + people in it? Maybe it's a city......

Knighthawk59 April 17th, 2009 10:46 PM

South Austin , Texas

amazondk April 18th, 2009 06:50 AM

Manaus, Amazonas, Brazil. I live where the Negro River meets the Amazon River at 3.5 degrees south lattitude and about 100 feet above sea level. It rains a lot and is never ever cold.

dk

dlloyd April 18th, 2009 10:51 AM

I live in Duplin County NC. home of..... Murphy farms?? Heard of that? It is about 40 miles from the Coast. Near Wilmington.

Doug

Nastarana April 18th, 2009 11:53 AM

Central Valley, CA, where it is hot and dry through the summer, and we can grow cole crops, peas and lettuce throughout the winter. Water restrictions in most central valley towns, so we have to getr our plants started before the hot weather, and mulch heavily. I am laborously digging beds in a bermuda grass lawn. Rotolling won't work because you have to dig up and discard the grass roots, then be vigilant about weeding.

mike5953 April 18th, 2009 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlloyd (Post 262998)
I live in Duplin County NC. home of..... Murphy farms?? Heard of that? It is about 40 miles from the Coast. Near Wilmington.

Doug

Murphy Farms... The folks that made hog lagoons famous! :rolleyes:
I'd say that you guys should be more famous for the Duplin Winery.
It's the only vinter I've ever heard of that produces Scuppernong wine.

mjc April 18th, 2009 02:12 PM

Between Elkins (Ramp Festival) and Buckhannon (Strawberry Festival) WV.

mjdtexan April 19th, 2009 09:39 AM

In between Houston and Humble Texas. New to gardening. Started gardening this year because I wanted to raise watermelons to make wine with and the next thing I know, I have planted four different gardens at my place and I am looking to plow up the back three acres.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike5953 (Post 263098)
I'd say that you guys should be more famous for the Duplin Winery.
It's the only vinter I've ever heard of that produces Scuppernong wine.

I love scuppernong (white muscadines) wine. I will be starting a black variety of muscadine next spring.

FarmerCathy April 19th, 2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastarana (Post 263015)
Central Valley, CA, where it is hot and dry through the summer, and we can grow cole crops, peas and lettuce throughout the winter. Water restrictions in most central valley towns, so we have to getr our plants started before the hot weather, and mulch heavily. I am laborously digging beds in a bermuda grass lawn. Rotolling won't work because you have to dig up and discard the grass roots, then be vigilant about weeding.

Hi and welcome to idig! :D Don't you just love the bermuda grass?:rolleyes:

gerry April 20th, 2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyleianfarm (Post 260557)
Morning, Ya'll!
I moved in Sept. to my Grandfather's place, 40 acres of pasture and woods in Jones Co., just north of the center of GA. We are on the "10 year plan" to repair and reface all the fences, barns and outbuildings and revitalize the garden. We have barely managed to get something planted between all the rain. We now have to address the fences to keep the deer out. I plan to grow organic, no manmade fertilizers. If I have a nice crop, I hope to sell at some local weekend markets and to entice a few restaurants with my beautiful veggies. Wish me luck!:)
Laura

Good luck, Laura! Isn't this a lot better than the drought the past few years!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerCathy
Don't you just love the bermuda grass?

AARGHHHH!!!!