IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

Piper4320 April 13th, 2009 05:18 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Wolverhampton, England. Been using Baker Creek seeds for three years now, and they're handling the worst weather Old Blighty brings on with sturdy resolve.

BwindSLC April 13th, 2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 255746)
I thought SLC was right on the lake, but I see BwindSLC is just west of the city. Are you west of the lake or west of the city?

gerry
who sometimes has a wEIrd sense of humor. :D

Hi Jerry,

I live west of the city, south of the lake. But you can smell it really well when the wind is just right. ;)

mssy April 13th, 2009 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtomatoexpres (Post 259646)
What Brooklyn,N.Y.:eek::).What part of Brooklyn are you in Mssy.Iam in Homecrest Ave T E 24th.I have a garden at Floyd Bennett Garden Association.Plot #I55.

I'm in Park Slope I garden in my 17.5' x 35' backyard. I'm running out of space. My fiance and I are looking to move up somewhere along the Hudson River, in search of more dirt.

gerry April 13th, 2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BwindSLC (Post 259714)
But you can smell it really well when the wind is just right. ;)

Yuck! But I guess it's better than living downwind from the sulfur mines. :)

tweed April 13th, 2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasthyme (Post 253978)
I live in Mountain View, AR. I moved here from Florida 3 years ago. Very different gardening here, but now that I have my 3 acres, I am putting in some fruits and veggies. Raised garden here. I make my own compost out of leaves, grass, kitchen waste, etc. Lots of worms.

I work at the Ozark Folk Center---I am the seamstress in the Craft Village. My husband and I also dance in many of the evening programs, and he is often stage manager or MC.

Just joined this group today.

Howdo.
Welcome to idig Pasthyme! :)

Steve

tweed April 13th, 2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gerry (Post 252228)
I retired from PSU, Portland, OR, where I had a sq ft garden about 15 years ago. I thought I know something about gardening in clay. Was I mistaken!
Now trying to develop vegetable beds in Big Orange Country (that's the clay, not the university! :) ).
Gerry
Knoxville, TN

I'm about 2 hours east of you Gerry.
My wife is visiting her daughter K-Town as we speak, out there on Watts Barr Lake.

Steve

ALANB April 14th, 2009 04:34 AM

A.T. HAGAN ; Interesting that we have the same first name , "ALAN" ..... maybe you can help me locate the very tall , Hickory-CANE-CORN . I've been looking for a very long time !!! , ALAN B .

kyleianfarm April 14th, 2009 07:18 AM

Morning, Ya'll!
I moved in Sept. to my Grandfather's place, 40 acres of pasture and woods in Jones Co., just north of the center of GA. We are on the "10 year plan" to repair and reface all the fences, barns and outbuildings and revitalize the garden. We have barely managed to get something planted between all the rain. We now have to address the fences to keep the deer out. I plan to grow organic, no manmade fertilizers. If I have a nice crop, I hope to sell at some local weekend markets and to entice a few restaurants with my beautiful veggies. Wish me luck!:)
Laura

kr222 April 14th, 2009 09:58 AM

I live a few miles outside of Reading, PA.

mrtomatoexpres April 16th, 2009 12:09 AM

Mssy my garden is 10 X 20.Did you see that This Old House was in Brooklyn this year.You should come to Floyd Bennett sometime.