IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

SpaceAge April 6th, 2009 01:35 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I live in a Van , down by the river.

:eek:

BwindSLC April 6th, 2009 07:04 AM

I live in a small town west of Salt Lake City, Utah. I have limited gardening space and since I live in the desert I am switching from gardening in my dirt patch to Aquaponic gardening. It's combining hydroponics with aquaculture.

My plan is to raise edible fish and to circulate the fishy water through several grow beds. The fish fertilize the growbeds and the growbeds clean the water. It's something I just found about this winter and it can be easily set up in a small amount of space. I'm so excited.

That being said I think I'll still use my little dirt patch and I'll cram as much sweet corn in it as is legal. ;)

Take care! happy gardening!

gerry April 6th, 2009 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvgardening (Post 253419)
I live just west of salt lake in Utah.
I'm looking forward to getting out in the garden this season:)

I thought SLC was right on the lake, but I see BwindSLC is just west of the city. Are you west of the lake or west of the city?

gerry
who sometimes has a wEIrd sense of humor. :D

jemarmy April 7th, 2009 12:49 AM

I live on an old farm near the great lakes/black swamp area, where it snows in April. :( Blech
I guess it'll be hot enough in July to make up for it. ;o)

Not-So-Sage April 10th, 2009 10:44 AM

El Dorado County ... the Sierra Foothills.

My backyard backs right into the Eldorado National Forest. (Awesome until the animals creep out of the woods at night to eat my garden. -grin).

If I plant catnip, will it attract mountain lions?

mssy April 10th, 2009 11:27 AM

Brooklyn, NY

FrostyGarden April 11th, 2009 01:21 PM

I just signed as member and I'm from Minnesota. Since I was born in Uruguay, South America there's a lot I have yet to learn to be able to succesfully garden in this frozen corner of USA.

diegom April 12th, 2009 10:31 PM

Oceanside, Ny Long Island

GuernseyTom April 12th, 2009 11:17 PM

Originally from UK, teeny tiny island originally known for growing tomatoes. Live in DFW N. Central Tx. Organic gardening, natives, planting for wildlife - Garden cert. with NWF and TX parks and Wildlife as a natural wildlife habitat. New to heirloom veggies but not natives, if that makes sense! :)

mrtomatoexpres April 13th, 2009 12:53 AM

What Brooklyn,N.Y.:eek::).What part of Brooklyn are you in Mssy.Iam in Homecrest Ave T E 24th.I have a garden at Floyd Bennett Garden Association.Plot #I55.