IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

bravojulietmike April 2nd, 2009 01:16 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I live in Denver. I am lucky to have a very large balcony to grow lots of different plants, and also a friend that has a rather large lot in Arvada. All those vining seeds are going on the lot, lol... I can't wait to get started!

brenda70546 April 2nd, 2009 02:00 AM

We live in a small very small community Hathaway Louisiana the elementry junire ans high school is in one building there is a country store and no post office we get our mail out the Jennings P O it's that small ans I love it

athaller April 2nd, 2009 07:57 AM

I am in Central IL, near Peoria.

ratdog April 2nd, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythkat (Post 252883)
Stagecoach Nevada about 45 minutes south east of Reno. We have 40 acres of sagebrush, rocks and jackrabbits. I have chickens and ducks and will be putting in the raised beds this weekend. I'm lobbying for goats and rabbits but husband is a city boy and these things scare him. :p

I like the name of your town.:D

mythkat April 2nd, 2009 12:08 PM

Hi Ratdog,

We're not a town, just a general improvement district. We're in Stagcoach Valley hence the name. We're about 12 miles from Virginia City (they spent a lot of time there on the Bonanza TV show ;)) We do have some pretty colorful names out here: Silver Springs, Sparks, the Ruby Mountains, Spring Mountain, Mogul, Mustang, Lousetown Road, Seven Mile Canyon, Hells Bells Road. I live on Stallion Springs Circle. I'm working on naming our place now. I want to do it justice. :D

iluvgardening April 2nd, 2009 05:50 PM

I live just west of salt lake in Utah.
I'm looking forward to getting out in the garden this season:)

wyldewal April 2nd, 2009 05:58 PM

Hi I'm from northern WI, Superior to be exact. Right on the tip of Lake Superior. And boy, am I jelous of all you guys in warmer zones. :)

Wally

djonesinNC April 3rd, 2009 08:49 AM

Hi everyone,
I'm living & gardening in Charlotte, NC. Now that the rain has finally stopped I can get started on what I hope will be an abundant garden this year.

Pasthyme April 3rd, 2009 05:06 PM

I live in Mountain View, AR. I moved here from Florida 3 years ago. Very different gardening here, but now that I have my 3 acres, I am putting in some fruits and veggies. Raised garden here. I make my own compost out of leaves, grass, kitchen waste, etc. Lots of worms.

I work at the Ozark Folk Center---I am the seamstress in the Craft Village. My husband and I also dance in many of the evening programs, and he is often stage manager or MC.

Just joined this group today.

mestines April 5th, 2009 01:39 AM

I live in the Dallas Fort Worth area of Texas. Zone 8a, I believe. I can garden year round here if I feel ambitious enough, which I did all of last year but I'm thinking I'd like the winter off this next year. Well, maybe a little of that Monstueux de Viroflay spinach but otherwise, nada. O.k., maybe also the swiss chard. Alright, I guess I can't help it, year-round gardening it is!

Also, I want to add that my veggie garden is taking up most of my front yard in my very suburban neighborhood. Homegrown revolution!