IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

mjw15618 March 26th, 2008 08:40 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I'm midway between Apollo and Saltsburg...right at the northern-most part of Westmoreland county where it meets both Armstrong and Indiana counties. The ridge is directly northeast of me. It's really beautiful here!

Jackie-T March 26th, 2008 12:20 PM

I am in Granby MA that is in western part of the state. Still on the same little farm I was born on 54 years ago. I plant about 1 acre for my grown kids and myself. Just discovered this site and I am realy enjoying it. I first ordered from Baker Creek this year and have to say I am impressed. It is all built up around us now and the townies keep trying to pass new rules against anything, I keep reminding them I was here first and it is a farm, you cant pet the horses and not have them make manure,silly people.

ejbVT March 26th, 2008 11:36 PM

I live in Essex Junction, VT, but I garden in Milton, VT, about 15 miles north. Milton is about 80 miles south of Montréal, QC and 30 min. north of Burlington, VT. It is zone 4.

myronQfinkelnopper March 27th, 2008 12:03 AM

I live in North Central Arizona near Prescott. It's about 5000 ft elevation with monsoon rain/humidity in the late summers/early fall. The rest of the year it's a whole lot-o-sun.

Myron Q Finkelnopper

Bird March 27th, 2008 12:30 AM

Jackie -T,
I think it's great that you are at your farm you grew up on. I bought my family home 5 yrs. ago and have enjoyed it. My only complaint is that some of the people who are moving out here forget that it had been rural and people owned farms. I have a feeling the rural flavor I so enjoyed as a child will continue to decline. I hope your able to hang onto your way of life regardless of who is now living by you. I also want to welcome you to the forums -i think you'll find great friends and adviceBurd

sheilaa March 29th, 2008 10:14 AM

Hello New here . I live in Arkansas.. 50 miles north of Little Rock.. nice to be here. Sheila

springfever March 29th, 2008 10:00 PM

Carter County Missouri. Lots of rocks, not much dirt. Growing anything is a challenge, but you just gotta do it.

springfever March 29th, 2008 10:01 PM

Oh, Welcome sheilaa. You'll love it here, lots of nice people, great tips.

theheatmiser March 31st, 2008 01:58 AM

Hi everyone. I'm in Gwinnett Co. GA. Suburbia explosion and rampant urban sprawl. Ick. I'm trying to make the best of it though and create something beautiful. I think my plot has very good potential. Very black organically enriched soil that has been left alone for a long time. No pesticides, no chemicals, just earthworms and many many tons (not kidding) of leaf matter.
I'm a complete newbie at this, and am very impressed with the advice and amount of knowledgeable people willing to share their ideas. I'm sure that I will be asking for help.
Thanks!

sheilaa March 31st, 2008 06:47 AM

Hello I am in Letona Arkansas. that is 50 miles north of little Rock .. I have been involved in gardening most my life, but, only working with my Grandparents and my Dad in their Gardens. This year it is going to be Heirloom seeds in our own garden..We are planning the basics lettuce, turnup and pea... lol.. Just one i could not resist. We have a few pecan trees, and plum trees but the killing freeze got them last year and no fruit or nuts had we... So far this year , plumbs have bloomed and pecan trees are still not leafing out yet. Most of you that are here in Arkansas know of the rain we have had so far .. We go to Mnt view for playing Blugrass on the square, Mnt View of course was hit hard with tornados a few weeks ago. Any way enough rattling.. Hope to get the ground broke up soon as it has been to wet and more to come. Nice to be here.. Sheila