IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

eve_de24 January 7th, 2008 05:35 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I live outside North Bay Ontario in the country..zone 4. I have 3 kids and 3 cats a big veggie garden and getting ready for chickens and maybe rabbits in the spring.

FarmerCathy January 7th, 2008 07:03 PM

Welcome Eve! I am looking into some bunnies for next Spring too.

countrygma January 7th, 2008 09:54 PM

I'm from NE Oregon. I think we are in zone 5.

We will have lots of trees and plants to take care of this next year as we had landscaping around our home down in Aug. We would have liked to have done it ourself, but it was just too much of a job..but it will be great fun to maintain and add new plants and trees as time goes on.

FarmerCathy January 7th, 2008 10:47 PM

Welcome! Pretty horsey grandma.

countrygma January 7th, 2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerCathy (Post 77196)
Welcome! Pretty horsey grandma.

Thanks, Cathy,

He is my new buddy. We just went to Calif after him in late Nov. He came from 80 degree sunshine to snow. He wondered what had happened to him for a while but is happy now and warm in his new blankey.

You son is very cute.

FarmerCathy January 7th, 2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygma (Post 77198)
Thanks, Cathy,

He is my new buddy. We just went to Calif after him in late Nov. He came from 80 degree sunshine to snow. He wondered what had happened to him for a while but is happy now and warm in his new blankey.

You son is very cute.

Aww. Thanks.

That's neat, I'm glad he likes the snow.

gardenfrog January 8th, 2008 04:15 AM

Shelbyville, Indiana : )

AnsiGirl January 8th, 2008 08:11 AM

I live in Hudson, WI....Zone 4!

This will be my first garden. I have approached it with great zeal. (Too much, my husband would say!) I have checked out every book in the library and have been bothering people with my novice quesitons. I can't wait for spring!

dreamingof January 8th, 2008 08:14 AM

Western North Carolina here. About 45 minutes west of Charlotte.

ovenbird January 8th, 2008 08:53 AM

I live in Cedar Rapids Iowa in a neighborhood where all the good soil was scraped off and sold, houses built, sod laid on top of the clay and buried utility wires. I had been gardening off and on since I was 4. I was a new mother and working full time when we moved here. I put gardening on the back burner for 21 years.
Last year was my first garden, so I am putting into practice much that I learned in Master Gardener training 25 years ago, and much more that I am learning online, and growing as many heirlooms as I can.