IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

momol November 20th, 2007 02:44 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, just sign in today.
I live in the south of Netherland which is equally zone 7 or 8 of US weather zone.

Momol

Butterflylover November 20th, 2007 02:48 PM

i swear we have nuthin to do with hannibal lector, the true hannibal was a roman or greek warrior. we are just a small towm samuel clemens aka mark twain wrote about.:)

Gardenshadow_z6 November 29th, 2007 11:10 PM

Gardenshadow_z6 Live in Sterling Heights, MI. Plant two raised beds. Heavy
into Brandywine Red, and Mortgage Lifter tomatoes and all
types of hot pepers. Plant one bed early with peas, followed
by edible soy beans, bush beans. Brand new on this board. I
have been reading the threads here for a while, but this is my
first post. If anyone out there has some growing tips on soy
beans (Edamame), I sure could use some advice. Crop failure
this year. Thanks. Gardenshadow_z6

brenda70546 November 30th, 2007 05:20 AM

I live in a small comunity Hathaway in south Louisiana Cajun country with my sweetheart of 8 years we moved here in June from Jennings so close still have the same mailing town we do love it here Carlton has to make me go to town I would rather be on this dead end gravle road then anywere we are 50 niles from Layafette and 50 miles from Lake Charles 7 miles North of I 10 Z8b sha hope yall pass a good time in your garden like we do

lottie_uk November 30th, 2007 06:43 AM

I live in a little village in Warwickshire about 10 miles from Rugby and 24 miles from Warwick. The village has a church and a pub and about 30 houses, but nothing else. Although it feels very rural - in reality you can't really be isolated in the Midlands. Also as both of us work, as do most of the other residents, the village becomes a little bit of a ghost town during the day. So you don't meet people unless you go regularly to the pub or to the church, and I don't do either. Which is why I love my allotments - I met more people in the first six months of working on the allotment than I did in the preceeding six years of living in the village.

MiPete November 30th, 2007 08:31 AM

Greetings
I live in Sturgis, MI. Just south of the Old Sauk Trail (Now known as US 12). For generations our families gardened and farmed. It's where the good food always came from. Our soil is the best I have ever had a chance to grow in. Sandy-loam, slightly acidic and great drainage. Tends to droughty when regular rain is missing. Started growing on a nearby abandoned farm this past year. What a privilege to have 5 acres to dream on. Sold the excess at the farmers mkt and made a little money. Nore fun next year!! Other than a late frost and six weeks with out rain this has been a great year. More next year. :)

Oldmainer November 30th, 2007 08:51 AM

Hello...I live in southern Maine...about five miles from the ocean...and the same amount from the New Hampshire line. Franklin:cool

Greenmon November 30th, 2007 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JereGettle (Post 279)
Hello!

I thought I would try to find out where all our members are from and any other info they would like to share about their gardens...

I live in Mansfield, MO, as many already know.

I work at Baker Creek Seed Company and enjoy all types of
gardening.

Great Job and Area, We live in No Central Arkansas, in the hills above Yellvlle , near Flippin and Bull Shoals lake, its 50 degrees today , was 24 last night,last rain was 1/2 an inch last week, prayin for more. Our Garden Plot is approx.28x48ft , will ad more this year. The only reason we are moving is my Wife's Dream is to live in New Mexico- man i dread the water situation there ! You ever get request for special hemp seeds , I read its the 3rd largest crop in Arkansas, and #1 cash crop in Calif., wish the Government would wake up on this issue. Have Fun , and Keep Sharing thats how us Nubees learn. Wish to learn how to Self sustain Farming, including cheese making, bee keeping, Shrooming, Orchards, Organic methods within Bio-Dynamics.

southernfried November 30th, 2007 03:29 PM

Near Huntsville. Across the river (as the crow flies) from the space and rocket center. We are still in a drought. Last year was a bad year for growing virtually anything. 2008 will be great!

chpwldmn November 30th, 2007 03:30 PM

HI, I live in the mountains of Northern California at 3700 feet. Pretty cold here now, but it rarely goes below 10F. A certain degree of ingenuity is required because it can also go up to 100+ in summer. We are fairly rural but have most of common amenities. I love to garden and try new varieties. I'm 75 and fairly spry for an old bird. Rosa