IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

nut September 29th, 2007 10:10 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I live in southcentral Kentucky,I work for a plant farm 6 month a year, husband works at a sawmill, have 2 kids,1 grandson. We have a very LARGE graden.

G. Gordon Gumbo October 1st, 2007 07:12 AM

Nut,

Do you happen to work for Bonnie in Hopkinsville or Elizabethtown? They supply most of the big box stores here. Just wondering ... as they are very big.

GGG

Debstr October 3rd, 2007 05:13 PM

We live in St. Charles, IL and just purchased a home in Iuka, IL (600 people)which is right out of Salem - down south. I have always lived in Illinois and can't wait to move to our 18 acres in a couple of years. I have all kinds of ideas for gardening and will be going down south this weekend to dream!

nut October 3rd, 2007 10:36 PM

G. Gordon Gumbo
I work at the Bonnie in Sonora about 15mile from Elizabethtown.

yorkerjenny7 October 11th, 2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrljames (Post 285)
i've always enjoyed the way you guys show plants with bug holes. " if the bugs won't eat it you shouldn't either. "

I saw on tv long years ago, it's also survival info, too. If you need to think about eating some plants in a jungle, and you don't have any clue, follow the ants, if they eat, you can eat, it's not poisoning for you.

gardenhappy October 13th, 2007 08:02 AM

We live in litha florida,we love growing heirloom plants and use them for garden sprayes,soaps,herbal cosmetics,medicinal,cooking,decoration, composting anything we can think of!!!!!!!! we are 100% organic.we just bought the place we live at 1 year ago and are busy hauling wood chips by the dumptruck loads on to all the gardens that have not been worked in 16 years!!!!!!!!! learning to grow from a cold climate to a HOT climate has been a challenge!!!!!!! lost alot,learning alot,love to trade,barter and grow!!!!!!!

gardenhappy October 13th, 2007 08:53 AM

Sound like a beautiful area!!!!!!!!

WisconsinEllen November 6th, 2007 07:58 AM

I live in North central WI. We moved here from Chicago 2o years ago. I love gardening and I am thinking of growing enough to sell to area restaurants. We are also looking at raising cattle.
I love being outside and would love to find away to make money from my passion.
Right now I like growing baby vegetables and heirlooms.

brenda70546 November 6th, 2007 09:29 AM

we moved to the country from a lovely Fema trailer our home as I said earler was eaten by Hurricane Rita there is much to be thankful for out of tradgy comes peace we love it here our new home is a 16x80 modular home we call it a trailer . our othr house was a cypress home 75 years old sterdy but nothing can withstand a tranado .we were both raised in the country in south central Louisiana er are real french acadians. so we are Cajuns we cook Cajun speek Cajun French we are very proud of our roots. both our parents and grand parents were farmers for many gennerations back .it ' a beautiful 75 here going down to 45 tonight gota get out thr blankets yesterday it was 89.

geraldine November 9th, 2007 03:10 PM

live in western north carolina mountains-mostly vertical land near the sc & tenn. boarders. lots of creeks & headwater rivers. historically this area was known for its cattle, corn, shine (moon that is), & timber-now its alota touristas. i rent off of a bold branch/creek & have several little yard -garden veggie-herbal plots & share a much larger garden area w/ another resident over in the open flat area. just started to reconstitute this old garden place & had some pretty good luck this summer. really enjoy this wonderful forum/& folks & appreciate it & Baker seed co. too.