IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

lizardwalker September 24th, 2007 02:37 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

I bounce between Las Vegas, NV and Pueblo, CO. I have 1 and 1/2 acres in Pueblo with over a 1/2 acre in garden. Between my husband and I, we have eleven children and 1 grandbaby (see ataviar). This past year I missed my garden and am doing container gardening in Las Vegas.

HOD September 24th, 2007 06:04 PM

Same place as most everyone else here.... At home. :)

Locavore September 24th, 2007 06:07 PM

Hi all!

I think I've posted this info in various other places, but for the record, here it is!

I live in El Cerrito, California, an older suburb of San Francisco on the east side of the bay, smack in the middle of the fog belt, which makes for some interesting gardening. I live in a tiny apartment (there is almost as much gardening space as living space!) with my husband of 10 years and our 9-year-old daughter. We're pretty skimpy on pets at the moment since our cat died a few months ago--down to just our dear hamster, Mr. Orange.

Peace,
Michaela

blackjack September 24th, 2007 06:08 PM

we live in south texas on our ranch, family been here since early 1700's,we now feel at home here, ha ha, we been married 29 years, organic gardens and turning our pastures the same way, takes time but that is ok we are not going away.

MountainGirl September 28th, 2007 12:35 PM

I live in Flagstaff, Arizona (not far from you, Waterhauler!), elevation 7000 feet at the base of the San Francisco Peaks. I am 1.5 hours from Phoenix and about 45 minutes from the Grand Canyon. I get the benefit of southern lattitudes with northern weather. Joy!
I live on a postage-stamp lot with my roommate and a few cats. Next year, I plan on putting my garden in the front yard (south-facing). Let the neighbors complain!!!

cornishwoman September 28th, 2007 04:50 PM

Tennessee,big rocks,clay soil and lots of snakes,I hate snakes.:):)

Locavore September 28th, 2007 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainGirl (Post 60384)
Next year, I plan on putting my garden in the front yard (south-facing). Let the neighbors complain!!!

See, now why would they complain? I never understood that--lawns aren't the only kind of yard! We only recently started gardening the front plot of our apartment (there's plots on all 4 sides), and I was a bit nervous "putting myself out there," so to speak, you know, digging in the dirt while folks walk/drive by. That's how insulated our neighborhood is, just being out in the front yard doing work felt weird at first. Isn't that rediculous?

However, I have learned to enjoy the greater opportunities to at least see my neighbors, if not interact with them, and we have made one friend in the course of chatting-while-gardening. AND, I get a big kick out of watching people's expressions when they encounter a plot of 6-foot corn stalks in front of an appartment building!:D

moonlilyhead September 28th, 2007 08:01 PM

I live near Hot Springs, Arkansas (right outside the Ouachita Mountains) with my Bf/fiance/whatever of 10 years. We've got about an acre with an itty-bitty house and have veggie, herbs, flowers, and misc. gardens. NONE of our neighbors garden, and therefore think us odd to be out working in the 100 degree summer heat. We think they're odd to drive to the grocery store for their veggies!

mrtomatoexpres September 29th, 2007 03:28 AM

you tell them moonlily they are odd

mommas arms September 29th, 2007 11:16 AM

I live in Hood River, Oregon.