IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

HerbalBetty February 5th, 2007 06:30 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

FlowerPower - hey neighbor! I'll show you my garden if you show me yours. Uh, as soon as we aren't having wind chills of -25 that is!

willworkforfood February 5th, 2007 07:56 AM

Greetings from NC, again.
I agree with whoever that was who said this is a great thread.
I visit a lot of gardening sites and this is absolutely the friendliest and most entertaining. BCS is the best heirloom seed catalog around...I love the personal comments in the decriptions. And I love seeing someone's dreams become such a smashingly successful reality. Way to go, Jere.

Good to see all the Southern gardeners, too. Looking forward to getting/giving some tips this year.
Good to see you all, ya'll.

sweetersappe February 5th, 2007 08:57 AM

We are currently in NW Arkansas--we are about 15 miles east of Oklahoma and 15 miles south of Missouri. We moved here from NW Florida last year. I had a terrible time growing anything other than sand spurs there. This is more like home to me. I grew up in SW Missouri.

Crocodile February 5th, 2007 04:26 PM

Western Kansas, Scott County...a town not too far south of the Monument Rocks. It's Zone 5-ish...hot, dry, and windy in the summer; cold, dry, and windy in the winter.

sugarcanedaddy February 5th, 2007 06:34 PM

Breaux Bridge Louisiana---Cajun Country USA:D

NJGiardiniere February 5th, 2007 07:00 PM

Salem County. South Western New Jersey. Zone 7-8.

flowerpower February 6th, 2007 05:38 AM

Betty, maybe when the daffs are blooming? :) There will be something to see besides snow.

kitchensqueen February 6th, 2007 08:19 AM

Sweet home Chicago, in a one bedroom apartment with no outdoor access! I do all my gardening indoors for the time being, and I've had success with tomatoes, lettuce, garlic, sweet peppers, rosemary, and a trial-and-error experience with scallions, carrots and various herbs started from seed.

nonna February 7th, 2007 06:10 AM

flowerpower

Getting back to donkeys,you hit the nail on the head.We were told that the donkey or donkeys become very territorial and protective and that they would make sure that the goats would not be harmed.

What is the reason for the 2 neutered males?

Growing up on a farm in Israel my husband had a donkey as a pet.He was very attached to him and would like to have another one.

nwgardener February 7th, 2007 03:51 PM

I live half an hour east of Seattle in Washington. We just bought a house here in the fall so this is my very first year with my own garden! My husband and I just built some raised beds in our backyard and are excited to get started!