IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

Driftingcowboy January 7th, 2007 02:17 AM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

East Tennessee. Cumberland Plateau. Easy to grow vegatables but hard to grow fruit trees.

ncladybug January 7th, 2007 02:56 PM

Hi all, such a range of places how cool. I am new here and with heirloom gardening. have been gardening organtically for a while. I live in Olivia NC zone7/8 just above Fayetteville. Not a big garden but would like it to grow larger every year. We have our 6 year old grandson that lives with us and he loves gardening. Have lived in OH, WI, AL, MI, have been here for a number of years and love it. Already antsy for spring and getting out in the dirt.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bluelacedredhead January 7th, 2007 03:42 PM

Cowboy, I'm curious? Why do you say it's difficult to raise fruit trees in your area?? I would guess that since it's so close to GA that it would be a good area for fruit tree production? But then I've not lived there, only passed through??
Is it altitude or some other consideration??

msbaker January 7th, 2007 05:07 PM

I live in Toledo, Ohio and I'll be starting as garden in a vacant lot across the street from my duplex this year. 200x50 using raised beds = lots of food!

Carolina-Family-Farm January 7th, 2007 05:45 PM

Awwwww so glad to know I'm not the only Tar Heel here, welcome aboard ncladybug !

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncladybug (Post 25465)
Hi all, such a range of places how cool. I am new here and with heirloom gardening. have been gardening organtically for a while. I live in Olivia NC zone7/8 just above Fayetteville. Not a big garden but would like it to grow larger every year. We have our 6 year old grandson that lives with us and he loves gardening. Have lived in OH, WI, AL, MI, have been here for a number of years and love it. Already antsy for spring and getting out in the dirt.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandbar January 7th, 2007 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbaker (Post 25481)
I live in Toledo, Ohio and I'll be starting as garden in a vacant lot across the street from my duplex this year. 200x50 using raised beds = lots of food!

Yay! Another Buckeye! :D

Welcome, Msbaker!

willworkforfood January 8th, 2007 08:40 AM

Hello to you fellow TarHeels...I posted my location months ago, but
here goes again...I am near Lake Norman in Mt. Ulla, NC
I make my living as a certified organic/heirloom farmer.
Nice to meet everyone here, but especially my closer neighbors.
I am itching for planting time. This crazy warm weather is making
me anxious for the season to start. We have a CSA the runs from April
thru November and I LOVE what I do!!!

msbaker January 8th, 2007 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandbar (Post 25549)
Yay! Another Buckeye! :D

Welcome, Msbaker!

Yippee! somebody to comiserate with!

Gardenma January 8th, 2007 11:41 AM

Southeast Iowa - Zone 5B. Love tomato gardening, from starting the seeds, to eating the last bite! Also have lots of flowers.

ncladybug January 8th, 2007 03:28 PM

When I read the first pages of this thread I thought there were no tar heels here. Happy to find that nc is represented look forward to chatting with everyone!
NCladybug