IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

MickeyB April 9th, 2006 07:45 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

We are from Montana and live now in North East Texas, Bonham. I gardened as a child with my father. Then early in our marriage. Trying to get used to the planting season here in North Texas. We raise grass fed cattle and pasture raised chickens. We are expanding our gardening to herbs and heirloom varieties with an eye toward selling extra.

warden1 April 11th, 2006 10:05 AM

northwest alabama, don't see many people from alabama on here

thecatspyjamas April 11th, 2006 10:10 AM

I live in Scottsboro, AL....in the Northeast corner of Alabama, close to Huntsville, AL

jim31719 April 11th, 2006 11:52 AM

In Sowega- that's southwest Georgia- about 10 miles from Plains, home of Jimmy Carter. Interested mostly in veggie gardening, seed saving and starting a greenhouse.

FOGHORN April 11th, 2006 10:32 PM

I live inCorydon Ky.Just across the river from Evansville In.

genXgardener April 12th, 2006 01:18 PM

Hiya! I live in Jacksonville, FL (that's NE FL, very close to the coast). I am a newbie to heirloom gardening, but am already addicted after finding and ordered from rareseeds.com. As a cook dedicated to the best ingredients I can find, heirloom gardening makes great sense for me, though my yard is TINY! Still, I am having a great time starting my first heirloom veggie garden. Much thanks and respect for what you are acheiving in this world! love it!

knittingbarbie April 13th, 2006 10:06 PM

I'm in Southeast MO, west of Cape Girardeau. I grew up on a farm and worked in my family's garden as I was growing up. I've had my own garden for 6 or 7 years now. It's fun to plant the seeds and watch them grow over the course of the growing season.

mrtomatoexpres April 13th, 2006 11:21 PM

i'am from brooklyn ny brightonbeach. one block from the ocean. i grow heirlooms 23 kinds of tomatoes,17hot and sweet peppers,10 eggplants,peas,beans,herbs other veggies to. i want to try orange,white,yellow watermelons,tiger that french melon. i have 2 organic gardens. one by my friends house and one were i work. i made a cage out of 3/4 inch pvc pipe and chicken wire. its 20 feet long 8 1/2 feet high, 12 feet wide. i let the kids garden in that one when they come with there mothers to fo laundry. they like it i send them home with plants so they can grow them were they live. they get excited when they see the plant with fruits on them. gardening is a great therapy for me.

Biscombe April 14th, 2006 05:43 AM

The Alpujarras, near Granada in Spain.

sanclementegrrl April 18th, 2006 12:23 PM

I'm from San Clemente California - originally from Seattle Washington. I love love love heirlooms and like to read my husband the Baker Creek Catalog while we soak at night in the tub - he gets a real kick out of some of the descriptions. My dear husband bought me the largest San Clemente lot he could find (not an easy task mind you out here by the coast) and built me 4 raised beds - 6 X 8 feet. I think I must be the only vegetable gardener in this city, but I love it and you would simply be amazed at how much I can grow in such a little space. Since you can practically reach out and touch your neighbors where I live, my garden is a community space. I share much of the harvest with my friends and neighbors.