IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

Silent November 9th, 2005 04:14 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Thank you Randel. :)

fatcat11 November 24th, 2005 09:59 AM

I live in Lisbon Ohio. I have been gardening for about 35 years. I try to grow all of my own food to last from gardening season to gardening season to save on some money so I can pay to the stinking gas and heating companys.

pats friend November 26th, 2005 10:25 AM

Pats Friend
I live four miles outside of Union Grove Wisconsin in Racine county.

klv13440 December 5th, 2005 09:36 PM

I live in Rome, NY and have a postage stamp lawn. I am into organic gardening, containers and hanging basket gardening. I look forward this year to growing in pyramid containers for more space.

scakya December 6th, 2005 09:07 AM

Hi,
We live in central New Mexico near a town named McIntosh. My mother got me into gardening from as early as I can remember as we grew and raised most of our food. Organic was the only option, but we never called it that, it was just what we did.
Doing that now also, but had to start from scratch as had much to do after moving. Some things will take a few years to get going like improving the designated garden soil(rather sand) with generous additions of humus and aged manure. Acknowleging that, I started building raised beds and have 18 now. Will be adding a few more as am growing many things this coming year and have most beds ready to do that.

scakya

Ms.Lefty December 6th, 2005 12:24 PM

Hello - I live just outside of Baltimore, MD and tend two postage-stamp-size organic veggie beds (in addition to several flowerbeds) on a quarter-acre lot. One bed is dedicated entirely to heirloom tomatoes; the other is used for a mixture of goodies.

donsgal December 6th, 2005 08:12 PM

I live in SW Missouri near a little town called Reeds Spring. Currently, we reside on one acre in a platted subdivision! (Yikes). But we have purchased 26 acres nearby and will be moving out there one of these days. This past summer we had 1 1/2 raised beds and grew lots of great stuff! Can't wait until we can do it again.

donsgal

HilltopDaisy December 8th, 2005 12:12 PM

I'm in Broome County, New York. Used to be "dairy country" before all the small farms disappeared. Lots of snow in the winter, rocky soil, very hilly area. I have land in Wright County, MO, where I hope to retire to in another 10 years or so.

artiemo December 8th, 2005 01:10 PM

I've lived and gardened in Portland, OR for the last 16 years. I've been gardening for 35 years in Northern California, Upstate New York and Oregon. Besides a 1500 sq foot garden in Portland, I maintain a 700 square foot garden my father has been working in Sacramento, CA for the last 60 years. I really appreciate the chance to hear from other enthusiastic gardeners.

gretzky99 December 8th, 2005 04:31 PM

Randall, Iowa here! I enjoy planting heirloom garden varieties, by far my largest successes have been my tomatoes and my moon & stars watermelon. (Have had 3 + lb tomatoes the past two years and had a 45 lb moon & stars this year) I also enjoy planting wildflower and native species around my home. Great site, just saw it listed today in my Baker Creek catalogue!