IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heirloom Gardening (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Poll: Where do you live? (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57)

JereGettle May 16th, 2005 05:01 PM

Poll: Where do you live?

Hello!

I thought I would try to find out where all our members are from and any other info they would like to share about their gardens...

I live in Mansfield, MO, as many already know.

I work at Baker Creek Seed Company and enjoy all types of gardening.

Nora May 16th, 2005 05:10 PM

Re: Poll: Where do you live?

Northwest Illinois--about 3 miles from Wisconsin & 40 miles from the Mississippi.

ninette4au May 16th, 2005 05:29 PM

Near Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - not California...

PhilosopherStorm May 16th, 2005 06:02 PM

I live in central Texas, on the border of the Hill Country. I garden mostly with sustenance farming in mind in the future, so mostly vegetables (heirlooms usually) and herbs. My background is in political philosophy, history, logic, ethics, and justice issues, amongst others.. I was raised with organic gardening, with many of my fondest memories being related to, or actually in the garden.

jrljames May 16th, 2005 06:27 PM

i live in aragon ga. it is near rome ga. uppercumberland. i would love to share anything about my garden. i can't find many folke that are interested. it is the most interesting thing that i have ever done. i have @1 acr in cultivation. we have 7 acr. i grow every year. allmost all heirloom. and almost all organic. i've always enjoyed the way you guys show plants with bug holes. " if the bugs won't eat it you shouldn't either. " i have some great pictures if you want to see them.

terrianne May 16th, 2005 06:50 PM

I live in Jericho Vermont. I grew up in the garden and grow mostly heirloom and organic. I get the Heirloom gardener magazine and Baker's Creek seed catalog. I can and freeze my harvest and one day hope to live off grid...in the mean time...home is where the garden is :)

Countrystyle May 16th, 2005 08:17 PM

I live near Cassville Mo about 25 miles from the Arkansas line. We keep a small heirloom garden and some flower beds. Hope to add an orchard in the future.
I found this forum in my Heirloom Gardener.

redbrick May 16th, 2005 08:31 PM

Hi, I'm from Dutch Country in Pennsylvania. That's southeastern PA. Many of my neighbors are Amish, Mennonite, or Brethren; and live to varying degrees as they have for hundreds of years. This gives me plenty of models and materials for planning an older style of gardening. I confess, I'm a sucker for old and unusual methods and varieties.

A.T.Hagan May 16th, 2005 09:14 PM

I'm in North/Central Florida just to the southwest of Gainesville. Naturally this gives me a particular interest in OP varieties that will do well in our Deep Southern conditions, particulary squashes, dent corn, and legumes.

.....Alan.

poky garden gnome May 16th, 2005 09:27 PM

I'm from Pocatello Idaho. I garden in raised beds as we live at the base of a mountain and have more rocks than soil. I have expanded the number of my beds every year and this year I intend to plant 50-60 tomatoes plus eveything else. I only use heirloom seeds and have been organic for a number of years. My family and I can or freeze what we we need and then I sell my extra plants and produce at the local Farmer's Market. The demand has grown rapidly for both the plants and the produce over the last 2 years. I am always interested in tomato seed trades especially unusual black varieties.