IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle August 29th, 2010 06:55 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

1 Attachment(s)
Mother Nature--and what might this be, in one's glance?:)

Garlicluvr August 30th, 2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606359)

Strange one Ax, I assume some sort of caterpillar but the tail or is it the head looks like a snakes head. Would probably scare some of the birds away.

Morning Ax.

Jeff:)

axhandle August 30th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 606591)
Strange one Ax, I assume some sort of caterpillar but the tail or is it the head looks like a snakes head. Would probably scare some of the birds away.

Morning Ax.

Mornin, Jeff

Didn't get the companion pic resized till this A.M.Will post today.
You are so close, and I'm not surprised, you'd win the blue ribbon.
It trips off , in my mind,as an aquaintance of mine, from Louisiana, used to say--"How 'dey do 'dat?"

Chuckle--Hope you have a good work day, and "Keep 'Em Flyin!"

Garlicluvr August 30th, 2010 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606605)
Mornin, Jeff

Didn't get the companion pic resized till this A.M.Will post today.
You are so close, and I'm not surprised, you'd win the blue ribbon.
It trips off , in my mind,as an aquaintance of mine, from Louisiana, used to say--"How 'dey do 'dat?"

Chuckle--Hope you have a good work day, and "Keep 'Em Flyin!"

Ax I will do my part to keep them from running into each other anyhow. I work on ground to air Comms mostly, also airfield lighting and landing aids. If my radios work then the Air traffic controllers can talk to everyone.

axhandle August 30th, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 606618)
Ax I will do my part to keep them from running into each other anyhow. I work on ground to air Comms mostly, also airfield lighting and landing aids. If my radios work then the Air traffic controllers can talk to everyone.

Jeff--If you look at my first pic on this thread , you will see a pic ( on the left side, of my best Friend(in Navy Dress), now gone--who did the same job as you.

I have a story for you later. It is priceless.
I already know you will get the job done----sometimes "One, just Knows"--;)

axhandle August 30th, 2010 08:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

The answer--

axhandle August 30th, 2010 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 606642)
The answer--

Chuckle, and hopefully, some oil to lube the brain gears--"How 'dey do 'dat?"--said my acquaintance from Louisiana--" I don't know , Flaseed, but we will find out."

woodwitch August 30th, 2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Kinda looks like a snake emerging form a cocoon. That is really weird Ax.

axhandle August 30th, 2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 606665)
Kinda looks like a snake emerging form a cocoon. That is really weird Ax.

Rather strange, how things work.
I have always been enamoured by what is around us, that we tend not to see.

Maybe a "Frog Prince" or a caterpiller that turns in to a work of art, --Thanks for post--;)

woodwitch August 30th, 2010 10:11 AM

I have found if one keeps an open mind and really looks at what is around them they will see all kinds of interesting things. I wish I had better photography skills so I could capture some of those moments.

Mook August 30th, 2010 10:25 AM

After reading and viewing the last couple posts I'm just about ready to grab the camera and walk up the hollow :D

axhandle August 30th, 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 606684)
I have found if one keeps an open mind and really looks at what is around them they will see all kinds of interesting things. I wish I had better photography skills so I could capture some of those moments.

But, you ,--have the 'knack', by your post.

'Life is just a moment ,in time---"Capture It":)

woodwitch August 30th, 2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 606692)
After reading and viewing the last couple posts I'm just about ready to grab the camera and walk up the hollow :D

Go for it!

axhandle August 30th, 2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Tell me where,Mook--;):)

The Chile' Miners, 'Bama UMWA, local, has mobilized and responded--"Get them Out!'----Ax.

Garlicluvr August 30th, 2010 12:20 PM

Ax: For that walkabout you are going on soon. If you are interested I could let you borrow and take along the Horseman.

I did some looking on ebay and there is still some sheet film to be had. The only thing I would ask in return is to see the Pics.

axhandle August 31st, 2010 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 606743)
Ax: For that walkabout you are going on soon. If you are interested I could let you borrow and take along the Horseman.

I did some looking on ebay and there is still some sheet film to be had. The only thing I would ask in return is to see the Pics.

I just may take you up on that Jeff.
Noticed the other day looking for some Agfa film, quite a bit of 4by5.

skiracer August 31st, 2010 06:48 AM

Ax,
you post some of the most interesting items! thought for sure that catapillar was a snake. very cool.

axhandle August 31st, 2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 607192)
Ax,
you post some of the most interesting items! thought for sure that catapillar was a snake. very cool.

It struck me the same way when I saw it, what interests me is the how ,of it.
Evolved even with the white pigment around the eyes to look like reflected light.
and some stay bored , when there are so many things to explore.:)

axhandle August 31st, 2010 07:25 AM

Quote:

Mook, there is an old wooden mining tipple on the way to the son's house, looks like it has been there since the 40'-50's , should be some good "shots" there this fall.:)

axhandle August 31st, 2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 606702)
Go for it!

Get your feet wet too ,Wood--:)

woodwitch August 31st, 2010 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 607203)
Get your feet wet too ,Wood--:)

I will as soon as the gardening season is over. I will get my digital out and really learn to use it. I can take ok pics but need to learn the finer points. I have a pretty nice Cannon the kids got me for Christmas. I haven't even sat down and read the book on it yet. It seems like there is always 20 other things that need to be done. This winter I will make myself concentrate on my pic taking. Maybe hitting you guys up for some advice.

axhandle August 31st, 2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 607244)
I will as soon as the gardening season is over. I will get my digital out and really learn to use it. I can take ok pics but need to learn the finer points. I have a pretty nice Cannon the kids got me for Christmas. I haven't even sat down and read the book on it yet. It seems like there is always 20 other things that need to be done. This winter I will make myself concentrate on my pic taking. Maybe hitting you guys up for some advice.

Canon is good.
After reading your manual, you can, teach me some things--and happen upon an "Old"--35mm at a yard sale--then I am sure, someone here has an answer.:)

Garlicluvr September 1st, 2010 06:40 AM

Morning Ax: My bats were out flying around this morning when I went out to leave for work. I always like watching them fascinating creatures. I need to look into bat houses.

I remember finding a fruit bat in my grandparents Apricot tree growing up, and getting to check one out fairly close up, while being careful not to disturb him too much.

Just checking in I need to go back and get to work have maintenance on FLOLS carts (fresnel lens optical landing system), a visual landing aide that tells the pilots if they are on the correct glidepath.

axhandle September 1st, 2010 07:20 AM

Mornin ,Jeff

There are a few around here I love to watch them also.I wonder sometimes if some of our higher order radar hasn't incorporated bat radar, after all the Sidewinder AA missle.

There is a Fresnel lens out of a lighthouse at the Ft Morgan Museum, absolutely a marvel--very old also.

I flew an Su-27 simulator for a long time, the programs were written by ex-Russian pilots, and as close to reality as one can get.Take-offs etc were a piece of cake, on landing approach following the beam in and auto pilot a cake walk, till you got about 50ft off the deck, and then it disengages.

Bet I burned up a trillion Rubles before I finally got the knack---:)

Have a good work day, to post some items on Photo Thread.

Your offer to lend the Horseman looks better evey day.---Ax.

axhandle September 1st, 2010 03:09 PM

The weather--clear- but just a hint of Earl coming in the air--Hmmm-more rain-'me thinks, yes.

Garlicluvr September 2nd, 2010 12:33 PM

Ax: One of O's airplanes was down here a week or two ago. Dont know if Airforce 1 or 2. Doing testing at the EMP site here. The setup is supposed to simulate the electromagnetic pulse that is produced by a nuclear blast. Check to see effect on aircraft electronics.

On a similiar note I have a true story.

When Bill Clinton was in office he came down here to release a bald eagle back into the wild. Big PR deal with media coverage from local and DC stations.

Well Bill along with the DNR people opened the cage and let the eagle out. He had only been airborne for a few minutes when he was spotted by a pair of nesting Osprey's. The two Osprey dive-bombed the eagle and forced it to land.

At that moment someone came over the radio net that the secret service and base security personnel were on and annouinced "the eagle is down, the eagle is down."

As you can imagine the secret service about pissed themselves right then and there. The term eagle is often used as the codeword for the president.

Funny and true story.

axhandle September 3rd, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 609150)
Ax: One of O's airplanes was down here a week or two ago. Dont know if Airforce 1 or 2. Doing testing at the EMP site here. The setup is supposed to simulate the electromagnetic pulse that is produced by a nuclear blast. Check to see effect on aircraft electronics.

On a similiar note I have a true story.

When Bill Clinton was in office he came down here to release a bald eagle back into the wild. Big PR deal with media coverage from local and DC stations.

Well Bill along with the DNR people opened the cage and let the eagle out. He had only been airborne for a few minutes when he was spotted by a pair of nesting Osprey's. The two Osprey dive-bombed the eagle and forced it to land.

At that moment someone came over the radio net that the secret service and base security personnel were on and annouinced "the eagle is down, the eagle is down."

As you can imagine the secret service about pissed themselves right then and there. The term eagle is often used as the codeword for the president.

Funny and true story.

A Jewel of a story--thanks-- I can see Bill now and the resulatant Scramble!:D

axhandle September 3rd, 2010 10:24 AM

Wo ist Ajla?

redneckplanter September 3rd, 2010 10:32 AM

she's getting her secret netherlands mojo punkins ready in the shed?
smiles

axhandle September 3rd, 2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 610023)
smiles

Mojo Punkins---chuckle--:)

Ajla September 4th, 2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 610014)
Wo ist Ajla?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...digger/081.jpg

And how is your carving going?

Ajla September 4th, 2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 610023)
smiles

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...digger/074.jpg

Are those mojo enough?

woodwitch September 4th, 2010 11:21 AM

Cool pics. I have a friend who gets pumpkins every fall and does some really creative stuff with them for Halloween. He calls them punk Heads. One year he had a bunch sitting out by the road with a for sale sign on them. I kept driving past them every day on my way to and from work and one day I got this funny idea. I stole two of them and then with the help of his girlfriend and another friend we came up with a hostage plot. We took pics of the pumpkins being held at gun point and typed up a real funny ransom note and I put it on his door. This went on for several weeks and many pics and notes. We even had to kill one of the punk heads so he knew we meant business and take a pic of the poor thing being sliced in half with a sword. The ransom was paid at the local bar and we dressed up in terrorist outfits and had chains wrapped around the remaining punk head. We had the whole bar in on it. The ransom was 2 cents. We all had a lot of fun with our kidnapping adventure. Amazing what one finds to amuse oneself when you live in a small town.

Ajla September 4th, 2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 610968)
Cool pics. I have a friend who gets pumpkins every fall and does some really creative stuff with them for Halloween. He calls them punk Heads. One year he had a bunch sitting out by the road with a for sale sign on them. I kept driving past them every day on my way to and from work and one day I got this funny idea. I stole two of them and then with the help of his girlfriend and another friend we came up with a hostage plot. We took pics of the pumpkins being held at gun point and typed up a real funny ransom note and I put it on his door. This went on for several weeks and many pics and notes. We even had to kill one of the punk heads so he knew we meant business and take a pic of the poor thing being sliced in half with a sword. The ransom was paid at the local bar and we dressed up in terrorist outfits and had chains wrapped around the remaining punk head. We had the whole bar in on it. The ransom was 2 cents. We all had a lot of fun with our kidnapping adventure. Amazing what one finds to amuse oneself when you live in a small town.

Nice story, don't give Red ideas though! ;) And where are the pics to go with the story?

woodwitch September 4th, 2010 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 610971)
Nice story, don't give Red ideas though! ;) And where are the pics to go with the story?

Oho I didn't even think of Red. That's kinda right up his alley. I will have to look and see if I still have the pics on my computer along with the notes. Of course then I have to figure out how to post them. I am computer handicapped.:eek:

Ajla September 4th, 2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 610974)
Oho I didn't even think of Red. That's kinda right up his alley. I will have to look and see if I still have the pics on my computer along with the notes. Of course then I have to figure out how to post them. I am computer handicapped.:eek:

That's no excuse here! Just ask Blane for help on his special thread! :)

woodwitch September 4th, 2010 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 610976)
That's no excuse here! Just ask Blane for help on his special thread! :)

I think I have a pretty good excuse. I found 2 ransom notes in my microsoft works and when I went to open them they aren't there. I had my computer crash about 6 months ago and lost a whole bunch of stuff. There is a slight chance my husband put them on a disk. I will ask him when he gets home. I warned you I was computer handicapped.:confused:

Ajla September 4th, 2010 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 610998)
I think I have a pretty good excuse. I found 2 ransom notes in my microsoft works and when I went to open them they aren't there. I had my computer crash about 6 months ago and lost a whole bunch of stuff. There is a slight chance my husband put them on a disk. I will ask him when he gets home. I warned you I was computer handicapped.:confused:

You'll just have to hold some more pumpkins to ransom! (pssst try Red's!:D)

Garlicluvr September 4th, 2010 12:28 PM

Ax: Hope you are having a good day Earl left some beautiful weather in its wake here, low 70's this morning with a nice breeze and low humidity. Feels like heaven after all of the hot humid stuff. I am taking a short break from grass cutting and general yard work catch-up. A great day to be outside today no matter what you do.

And if you want to give the horseman a try just PM me a shipping address and I will send it out to you. It came with a nice hard case so shipping is easy I just have to add a little padding box it up and send.

chickweed September 4th, 2010 12:37 PM

It is an absolutely wonderful day to be outside, surfing the web! The puppy and the kitten are romping around, old Fox is supervising (well, mostly growling when they get too close to him), the woods are full of sounds.... I love living in the country! I hope everyone is as relaxed as I am!

axhandle September 4th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 610960)

I really like the pic-and subjects like that--Thanks
Have penciled in the cut and carve lines, it's been slow but coming along.
The testy part was expanding the dimensions--
Wondered where you had been--hope all is well.

P.S. I noticed a nice bench in the background of the pumpkin pic.;):)

axhandle September 4th, 2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 611011)
Ax: Hope you are having a good day Earl left some beautiful weather in its wake here, low 70's this morning with a nice breeze and low humidity. Feels like heaven after all of the hot humid stuff. I am taking a short break from grass cutting and general yard work catch-up. A great day to be outside today no matter what you do.

And if you want to give the horseman a try just PM me a shipping address and I will send it out to you. It came with a nice hard case so shipping is easy I just have to add a little padding box it up and send.

Haven't faired very well for the last couple days--some of Daughters family with stomach flu--hope not my time.
Seems like everytime it rains something comes in with it.

Doing some footwork on film etc/horseman, let you know a bit later.

Glad youv'e had a good day--beautiful all day but just couldn't make it out except for a bit of time on the back deck.
Maybe tomorrow--Thanks---Ax.

woodwitch September 4th, 2010 07:02 PM

Hope you get to feeling better Ax. The stomach flu is no fun.

chickweed September 4th, 2010 09:48 PM

Did you ever get your walk about, Ax?

axhandle September 5th, 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 611158)
Hope you get to feeling better Ax. The stomach flu is no fun.

Thanks Wood, seems a bit better this morning.
I think it's the sinus infection, had it for about a week now,ordinarily it doesn't bother me--must be a special bug.

axhandle September 5th, 2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 611255)
Did you ever get your walk about, Ax?

Be coming up shortly--last of month or first of next.
Waiting for the best light--"Season of the Long Shadows"--

I plan a couple.

Thanks---Ax.

axhandle September 5th, 2010 09:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Poinsettas--Missus got them started along the walkway--should be a sight around Xmas.

Garden bounty ,compliments of neighbor. --------Anyone have pic subject preferences, will keep it in mind along the way.

Pepper September 5th, 2010 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 611148)
Haven't faired very well for the last couple days--some of Daughters family with stomach flu--hope not my time.
Seems like everytime it rains something comes in with it.

Doing some footwork on film etc/horseman, let you know a bit later.

Glad youv'e had a good day--beautiful all day but just couldn't make it out except for a bit of time on the back deck.
Maybe tomorrow--Thanks---Ax.

Its going around work ,eat crackers and drink gateraid feel better my brother .

Pepper September 5th, 2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 611483)
Poinsettas--Missus got them started along the walkway--should be a sight around Xmas.

Garden bounty ,compliments of neighbor. --------Anyone have pic subject preferences, will keep it in mind along the way.

cut a melon I will bring the lemon and towels !:eek:

Ajla September 5th, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 611145)
I really like the pic-and subjects like that--Thanks
Have penciled in the cut and carve lines, it's been slow but coming along.
The testy part was expanding the dimensions--
Wondered where you had been--hope all is well.

P.S. I noticed a nice bench in the background of the pumpkin pic.;):)

Shhhh, they're not my pumpkins! I did another trip, tiring, but fun! How are you feeling? Where's the gravy? Cheer up!

Garlicluvr September 5th, 2010 11:29 AM

Glad to hear you are feeling better Ax. Another beautiful day here, I had my coffee out on the patio this morning and played around a bit with my spanish guitar. A nice little cedar top guitar with sweet tone........If only I could play a little better.

I have also been cleaning up my greenhouse setting up more benches and putting away hoses etc for the winter.

chickweed September 5th, 2010 11:32 AM

Morning, my cousin!

Garlicluvr September 5th, 2010 11:38 AM

Morning chick.

Autumn September 6th, 2010 03:20 PM

Ax. Hope your tunned up and running soon on all cylinders, GGD has the same sinus crud too, she just started kindergarten so we can expect it to make the rounds.

I have a utube I think is worth putting on Ax's Corner, you may have already seen it, if not Ax, I think you will appreciate it. Worthwhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgkxiqKj0nU

Check it out.

Autumn

axhandle September 7th, 2010 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 611488)
Its going around work ,eat crackers and drink gateraid feel better my brother .

Thanks Pep, better today---crackers and G'aid--helped a lot.

axhandle September 7th, 2010 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 611489)
cut a melon I will bring the lemon and towels !:eek:

Deal!--have to try the lemon also.

axhandle September 7th, 2010 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 611526)
Shhhh, they're not my pumpkins! I did another trip, tiring, but fun! How are you feeling? Where's the gravy? Cheer up!

Better today thanks, Ajla.
Hope you had fun on the trip--took Peppers suggestion on crackers and Gatoraid--probably be dehydrated by now if not.
I'm sure its getting cool there now--

axhandle September 7th, 2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 612198)
Ax. Hope your tunned up and running soon on all cylinders, GGD has the same sinus crud too, she just started kindergarten so we can expect it to make the rounds.

I have a utube I think is worth putting on Ax's Corner, you may have already seen it, if not Ax, I think you will appreciate it. Worthwhile.

Check it out.

Autumn

Autumn,
I want to thank you for the Angel Flight link--and it is worthwhile for anyone to take the time to view it.
Hope you are well.
Thanks

Pepper September 7th, 2010 08:09 AM

Listen to the 8th of nov on utube >1200 nva ambushed 173 airborne a few 173 walked away . its by big and rich

axhandle September 7th, 2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 612656)
Listen to the 8th of nov on utube >1200 nva ambushed 173 airborne a few 173 walked away . its by big and rich

Op. "Hastings", Pep?

axhandle September 7th, 2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 612656)

Give me more info on this one ,Pep(u-tube)--Buddy was in 173rd.

axhandle September 7th, 2010 09:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Bower Bird, now this is one interesting character-!

Ajla September 7th, 2010 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 612604)
Better today thanks, Ajla.
Hope you had fun on the trip--took Peppers suggestion on crackers and Gatoraid--probably be dehydrated by now if not.
I'm sure its getting cool there now--

Bracing weather, just the thing to dig up the spuds!

I thought you might like this detail!

chickweed September 7th, 2010 09:51 AM

How ya doing, AJ?

Ajla September 7th, 2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 612735)
How ya doing, AJ?

I just made myself some muesli cobbler, to go with my tea, so I'm fine!
What about you? Had a good labour day?

chickweed September 7th, 2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 612743)
I just made myself some muesli cobbler, to go with my tea, so I'm fine!
What about you? Had a good labour day?

Enjoyed the beautiful weather and was very lazy!:D

axhandle September 7th, 2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 612731)

Ah, Ha!--unknown to me so far far -but a Key to the Clock--on the lower left--Hmmmm--Navigation?--Time and Distance--another Gravy of Life.

Thank You, Ajla-- I dont forget.:)

Garlicluvr September 7th, 2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 612731)

Thanks Ajla: I believe I have seen the whole thing at some time.

Makes you ponder the meaning a picture within the picture.

Perhaps one of the many little moments which make up ones life?

Ajla September 7th, 2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 612764)
Thanks Ajla: I believe I have seen the whole thing at some time.

Makes you ponder the meaning a picture within the picture.

Perhaps one of the many little moments which make up ones life?

There are many vanitas paintings, or maybe they're known under another name?

It's just the vain artist I think, but I prefer the idea of the little moments which we should treasure if we can!

Pepper September 7th, 2010 04:52 PM

1965 operation Hump .

Hairy Moose Knuckles September 7th, 2010 05:51 PM

I'm just sitting in my easy chair, "Chillin'.

I've been trying to convince the lady folks into baking a peach cobbler. Man, that would sure end the evening on a high note:D

w8in4dave September 7th, 2010 11:29 PM

sounds devine HMK :D

axhandle September 8th, 2010 06:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The Season of the Long Shadows is here, if you take pics from now thru Jan is the time to do it.

G'daughter about 7 yrs ago--

Kiev 88, Efke 25.

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2010 06:54 AM

Nice picture Ax, I do like the tone and contrast of that Efke25.

Do you use any filters when you take B&W?

axhandle September 8th, 2010 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 613229)
Nice picture Ax, I do like the tone and contrast of that Efke25.

Do you use any filters when you take B&W?

I rarely use filters--maybe a polarizer every so often.
The film has a higher silver content in it than most--actually it's still made the way it was back in the 40's -50's.I'm running out of it--:(

On the Horseman, I did some footwork and $2.00 a pop from the looks of it.
I appreciate the offer of the loan, and would like to take a rain check--I feel bad about not taking you up on it.
About got my hat set for an Olympus EP-600--haven't bought myself a toy in a while--Left a couple more pics on Photo thread, and my results for the Jung test on Fritz's thread.--

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2010 07:52 AM

No problem Ax on the horseman, she has never been quick or cheap to shoot. You can take me up on it at a later date. I dont have time to play with it right now, always too much going an at this point in my life. My boys keep us pretty busy.

axhandle September 8th, 2010 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 613286)
No problem Ax on the horseman, she has never been quick or cheap to shoot. You can take me up on it at a later date. I dont have time to play with it right now, always too much going an at this point in my life. My boys keep us pretty busy.

Sure do appreciate it-- it's on my bucket list.
I know about the kids--all mine flew the coop a long time ago--but they never really leave home--:)

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2010 08:11 AM

Ax is the EP-600 a DSLR saw a E600 that was ?

Jeff

axhandle September 8th, 2010 08:40 AM

My botch--E-600, comes w/2 lenses--like the E-system because of Zuiko interchange--boy they got some whopper prices on some--especially the Macros.

axhandle September 8th, 2010 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Chuckle--test your powers of observation.

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 613354)

Is this a test Ax.

It appears the metatarsals are fused toghether on the little toe and the next one over.

Or the fourth and fifth metatarsals are not seperate but joined

And yes good lenses are pricey especially the fast ones.

axhandle September 8th, 2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 613381)
Is this a test Ax.

It appears the metatarsals are fused toghether on the little toe and the next one over.

Or the fourth and fifth metatarsals are not seperate but joined

And yes good lenses are pricey especially the fast ones.

Not a test--chuckle-on the contrary-

The condition manifests itself in cases of Gigantism/Acromegaly/ Pituitary tumors.Very rare-, globally-but common in aforementioned---I have a theory about Goliath--:)

axhandle September 8th, 2010 11:14 AM

Ax's Axiom:--

"Some gain cognizance of "I am here", others want to know --why-- am I here, and me--I rather tend to figure out where from and "For Out".

Chuckle --the answer is simple.

tweed September 8th, 2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 613354)

Six toes.
Probably a heck of a soccer player! :D

Steve

axhandle September 8th, 2010 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 613471)
Six toes.

Steve

Pele':)?---

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 613471)
Six toes.

Steve

I missed the six toes but noticed the last two were connected. Two sets of eyes are better than one and two heads as long as they arent attached to the same body.:D

axhandle September 8th, 2010 01:23 PM

It's raining now , at 1315 hrs, my snooze, Mentor---

axhandle September 8th, 2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 612944)
1965 operation Hump .

Gads--early on,'65,,Hump, Hastings put the lid on any further Jumps in SEA.

Thanks--Ax.

axhandle September 8th, 2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 612198)

Check it out.

Autumn

How is Autumn today?
Thought about you, it began to rain about noon, had that fall chill in it--got a hot cup of soup and sat on the front porch--and watched it come down--then I nodded off---Chin Up--Ax.

axhandle September 9th, 2010 07:05 AM

Got some chores to do early--but for vintage auto, enthusiaists--do I have a treat coming up later this morning.

Ajla September 9th, 2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 613906)
Got some chores to do early--but for vintage auto, enthusiaists--do I have a treat coming up later this morning.

Where's the treat??????

w8in4dave September 9th, 2010 09:01 AM

I give my dog a piece of cheese for a treat when he is a good boy ax. Of course he only eats Kraft American.

Garlicluvr September 9th, 2010 09:10 AM

Ax/Chick: You might like this.

Look, and it can't be seen.
Listen, and it can't be heard.
Reach, and it can't be grasped.

Above, it isn't bright.
Below, it isn't dark.
Seamless, unnamable,
it returns to the realm of nothing.
Form that includes all forms,
image without an image,
subtle, beyond all conception.

Approach it and there is no beginning;
follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it,
at ease in your own life.
Just realize where you come from;
this is the essence of wisdom.

From a translation of the words of Lao-tzu

Ajla September 9th, 2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 613975)
Ax/Chick: You might like this.

Look, and it can't be seen.
Listen, and it can't be heard.
Reach, and it can't be grasped.

Above, it isn't bright.
Below, it isn't dark.
Seamless, unnamable,
it returns to the realm of nothing.
Form that includes all forms,
image without an image,
subtle, beyond all conception.

Approach it and there is no beginning;
follow it and there is no end.
You can't know it, but you can be it,
at ease in your own life.
Just realize where you come from;
this is the essence of wisdom.

From a translation of the words of Lao-tzu

I'm not sure what it is, but I like the feel of it.

w8in4dave September 9th, 2010 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 613984)
I'm not sure what it is, but I like the feel of it.

Me to ....

Garlicluvr September 9th, 2010 10:16 AM

Here is another one Quite riddle-like

We join spokes together in a wheel,
but it is the center hole
that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it liveable.

We work with being,
but non-being is what we use.

Something to ponder Lao-tzu was the founder of Taoism, his writings are very similiar to those of Confuscious and some say one was a student of the other.
Translated from Chinese circa 500 B.C.

tweed September 9th, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 613906)

Right up my ally!
Whatcha got?!?! :)

Steve

chickweed September 9th, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 614072)
Here is another one Quite riddle-like

We join spokes together in a wheel,
but it is the center hole
that makes the wagon move.

We shape clay into a pot,
but it is the emptiness inside
that holds whatever we want.

We hammer wood for a house,
but it is the inner space
that makes it liveable.

We work with being,
but non-being is what we use.

Something to ponder Lao-tzu was the founder of Taoism, his writings are very similiar to those of Confuscious and some say one was a student of the other.
Translated from Chinese circa 500 B.C.

You did find the book! I love the Tao!

Garlicluvr September 9th, 2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 614105)
You did find the book! I love the Tao!

I love it too, glad i found the book.

The second one reminds me of a similisr concept in music and in art.

In music we soon realize that the silence between the notes or sounds is as important to the compisition as the sound is.

In art or photography we realize that the empty space is as important as the subject.

One compliments the other.

You need to get reading Chickie, you wont regret it.

axhandle September 9th, 2010 12:11 PM

Ferarri--250 Lm------c.64--"we makka dem to, Go! , notta stop"---Love it---Ax.

"Rendevous' "--Takes one across Paris, in one ,in 8 minutes,:)