IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle May 29th, 2012 10:51 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 930073)
have a good holiday my friends.
and many thanks to all of you patriots who answered the call.

And , those who supported same--I don't know of anything more important to a G.I., than knowing that they are supported in mind and action.

axhandle May 29th, 2012 11:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 930243)
Ax: Got the Groves Spitfire and shot some arrows through her shoots accurate but I think the string it came with is a bit long or stretch as the brace height isnt correct. I should get the new string I ordered for it today or tomorrow, then I will start set-up and tuning.

Went to Wife's Nieces wedding in Milwaukee over the weekend, went well but put me a bit behind on things.


Hope all is well in Bama.


Jeff:)

Spitfire!--one fine bow.
Measure length of bow, nock to nock, best done with a tape measure, follow the curves, etc.

Subtract 4 inches for competition string, that is the string length, a T-square will tell, if too long, twist the string, to get the proper height.--

Lawd, Weddings--:)--Am reminded of some of Grand parents descriptions, most lasted a week, three days at minimum----Great Uncle danced the soles off his boots.---:)

Rather well in 'Bama, April (Tornado Season) went by without incident,(Extremely Strange) last year, on the 27th--decimated many square miles around me--

Regards to Family.---Ax.

axhandle May 29th, 2012 11:19 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 930253)
Mornin Ax :) Off today to go help cut trees down, Hope your weekend was wonderful! See ya soon :)
Wendy AKA Dave LOL

Well, Good Morning Dave--

Yes, trees--had to get SIL over to take down a Maple--BTW--extremly good wood--for making things-:), and fireplace---

I know by now , you have mastered the Nikon--;):)---attached is the Maple, in the process of being taken down, but the Bluebirds love the branches---

Ajla May 29th, 2012 11:22 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930288)
Well, Good Morning Dave--

Yes, trees--had to get SIL over to take down a Maple--BTW--extremly good wood--for making things-:), and fireplace---

I know by now , you have mastered the Nikon--;):)---attached is the Maple, in the process of being taken down, but the Bluebirds love the branches---

You could carve some clogs with that maple wood! :D

axhandle May 29th, 2012 12:28 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930290)
You could carve some clogs with that maple wood! :D

Chuckle----you already know, Aj--:)

axhandle May 29th, 2012 12:36 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930288)
Well, Good Morning Dave--

Yes, trees--had to get SIL over to take down a Maple--BTW--extremly good wood--for making things-:), and fireplace---

I know by now , you have mastered the Nikon--;):)---attached is the Maple, in the process of being taken down, but the Bluebirds love the branches---

Dave,

Look in manual, find, camera mode--can change the light the camera, sees--

Same pic, different modes--

Garlicluvr May 29th, 2012 12:48 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930283)
Spitfire!--one fine bow.
Measure length of bow, nock to nock, best done with a tape measure, follow the curves, etc.

Subtract 4 inches for competition string, that is the string length, a T-square will tell, if too long, twist the string, to get the proper height.--

Lawd, Weddings--:)--Am reminded of some of Grand parents descriptions, most lasted a week, three days at minimum----Great Uncle danced the soles off his boots.---:)

Rather well in 'Bama, April (Tornado Season) went by without incident,(Extremely Strange) last year, on the 27th--decimated many square miles around me--

Regards to Family.---Ax.

Ax: AMO length is marked on bow 69" so I ordered a couple of 65" strings, should put the brace height at 7" which is what I found when I researched what the proper brace height should be. Now it only measures 6 1/4" and string looked well used and stretched so needed a new one anyhow. Even with the non-flemish strings you can twist them to shorten.

I believe the bow maker Harold Groves still holds the world record for the longest arrow shot, made with one of his Spitfire bows. Mine is a nice little 35# target version. Shot one of the better groups I have gotten in awhile with it the other night and that with a slightly long string.

Has a simple sliding one pin sight slides for elevation and has white background to mark yardages, screw adjusts for elevation. Tried the sight for a bit then the origional stick on hoyt pro rest plastic arrow support broke was probably 15 plus years old or more and brittle. Replaced it with a stick on flipper rest I had which changed impact point, since then it shoots left so may go back to a hoyt style rest when I get the new string.


Waiting for the string to make that decision and finish final tuning. Ironically I shot the tightest group barebow without using the sight, all six arrows in the yellow, three in the inner-most or X ring. Guess I an getting the hang of instinctive shooting.

Did notice shooting the 3D or even field targets at unmarked or uneven yardages the guys shooting the multi-pin compounds with all of the gizmos have trouble. They are used to know exact yardages pre-set pins and not having to estimate anything. For them a 43 yard shaot instead of an even 40 can throw them off, almost like some have never had to hold over or under a bit, like one would do with an open sight or even scoped rifle sighted at 100 when shooting a deer at 75 or 200, even 300 yards.



Jeff:)


Jeff

axhandle May 30th, 2012 10:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 930317)
Ax: AMO length is marked on bow 69" so I ordered a couple of 65" strings, should put the brace height at 7" which is what I found when I researched what the proper brace height should be. Now it only measures 6 1/4" and string looked well used and stretched so needed a new one anyhow. Even with the non-flemish strings you can twist them to shorten.

I believe the bow maker Harold Groves still holds the world record for the longest arrow shot, made with one of his Spitfire bows. Mine is a nice little 35# target version. Shot one of the better groups I have gotten in awhile with it the other night and that with a slightly long string.

Has a simple sliding one pin sight slides for elevation and has white background to mark yardages, screw adjusts for elevation. Tried the sight for a bit then the origional stick on hoyt pro rest plastic arrow support broke was probably 15 plus years old or more and brittle. Replaced it with a stick on flipper rest I had which changed impact point, since then it shoots left so may go back to a hoyt style rest when I get the new string.


Waiting for the string to make that decision and finish final tuning. Ironically I shot the tightest group barebow without using the sight, all six arrows in the yellow, three in the inner-most or X ring. Guess I an getting the hang of instinctive shooting.

Did notice shooting the 3D or even field targets at unmarked or uneven yardages the guys shooting the multi-pin compounds with all of the gizmos have trouble. They are used to know exact yardages pre-set pins and not having to estimate anything. For them a 43 yard shaot instead of an even 40 can throw them off, almost like some have never had to hold over or under a bit, like one would do with an open sight or even scoped rifle sighted at 100 when shooting a deer at 75 or 200, even 300 yards.



Jeff:)


Jeff

Jeff,
Look up Turkish Flight Arrows---distance.
A trick--puts strain on the lower limb, but shoots like a rifle, only use in a pinch--:
Knock an arrow, place all fingers-- below---the nocked arrow, aim and shoot---:)

axhandle May 30th, 2012 10:47 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Instinctive Shooting---

Mr.Hill was sitting on the front porch, bow in lap, arrow nocked--focused across the ----rural road.

All of a sudden the bow came up, only a few degrees of his lap, and the arrow flew.

"That was my last arrow, would you mind going over there and getting it for me"

The arrow impaled a Ground Squirrel which was eating up the garden--

Don't know of anyone hence, with such acuteness--

axhandle May 30th, 2012 11:02 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
The movie---"Tembo" :

In the Olden Days--chuckle--The stars always went with the movie--in person.
"Tembo" came to town---Hard Earned Cash got you in the theatre--20 cents, I was there at age 7 or 8---
Before the movie--there was always a live performance--on stage.

Mr. Hill shot dinner plates thrown in the air, then saucers, shot a cigarette out of one's mouth,an apple and thence a prune off of the stagehands head.

Then the Silver Screen appeared (Projecters turned on)--"Tembo"--Rogue Elephant --taken down by a Bow.

axhandle May 30th, 2012 12:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Hobbies--"One Must Have More Than, One"--It is totally Necessary---"Run the Gamut!'--after being so Regimented" in Life"

axhandle May 30th, 2012 12:48 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
One of my favorites (Credits Thereof)--"Paris , Texas

axhandle May 30th, 2012 01:23 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Aj,

Reflected back--one of your posts--"Wings of Desire"--Bruno Ganz--impeccable performance!--I taped it--and got caught up in German language,--review, as a sideline--

susie2u May 30th, 2012 01:48 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Cool !! but .... dont look like Paris,Tx. ..... LOL!!

axhandle May 30th, 2012 05:58 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by susie2u (Post 930537)
Cool !! but .... dont look like Paris,Tx. ..... LOL!!

Always wanted to go to Paris (Tx), for some reason:)--Mother was born in Dublin (Tx) and would like to go there also--Backroads are my fondest memories.:)

axhandle May 31st, 2012 08:18 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Jeff--the split arrow shot--Mr. Hill said that it was impossible to do that shot off the cuff, what had to be done was an attached wire to the arrow already in the target, shot was made and 2nd one traveled down the wire.:)

Ajla May 31st, 2012 10:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930533)
Aj,

Reflected back--one of your posts--"Wings of Desire"--Bruno Ganz--impeccable performance!--I taped it--and got caught up in German language,--review, as a sideline--

Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Garlicluvr May 31st, 2012 10:21 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930659)
Jeff--the split arrow shot--Mr. Hill said that it was impossible to do that shot off the cuff, what had to be done was an attached wire to the arrow already in the target, shot was made and 2nd one traveled down the wire.:)

Yeah Ax contrary to what the movies want us to believe the odds of a true Robin Hood shot are about the same as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning maybe even less than the lightning as I can increase those odds by standing under a lone tree in a open area, holding a metal pole atop a high hill etc.:D

It is pretty amazing waht a good instinctive shooter with lots of practice/experience can do. Mr. Hill, Ben Pearson and even some modern exibition shooters come to mind. There is a Methodist minister that does trick shooting with a bow that is pretty amazing shoots aspirin out of the air. I have also seen a few of the old Herb Parsons shooting videos good stuff.

My Grandfathers on both sides were crack shots with a rifle and both could take out a running rabbit without even thinking about it. The one used to shoot dimes out of the air with a .22.


Jeff:)

axhandle May 31st, 2012 10:35 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930671)
Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Flying over Kreuzburg-??-;):D

Noted something interesting, Aj, a short documentary on Berlin parks, the wild boar are taking over-all one has to do is rattle a paper or plastic sack(Food Alarm--chuckle), and they appear--The Mayor of Berlin is tearing his hair out!--:D

axhandle May 31st, 2012 10:59 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 930675)
Yeah Ax contrary to what the movies want us to believe the odds of a true Robin Hood shot are about the same as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning maybe even less than the lightning as I can increase those odds by standind under a lone tree in a open area, holding a metal pole atop a high hill etc.:D

It is pretty amazing waht a good instinctive shooter with lots of practice/experience can do. Mr. Hill, Ben Pearson and even some modern exibition shooters come to mind. There is a Methodist minister that does trick shooting with a bow that is pretty amazing shoots aspirin out of the air.

My Grandfathers on both sides were crack shots with a rifle and both could take out a running rabbit without even thinking about it. The one used to shoot dimes out of the air with a .22.


Jeff:)

Jeff,
Would like for you to do this--Trainfire--

Ft. Benning, Ga.'c. '68.

BB Gun, tape a piece of wood,the length of the barrel, it obscures the sights, metal disks, from .50cent size, down to a dime, flip them up in the air and try to hit them,working down thru the sizes, by the time you get to the Dime size,you don't even have to look-!Muscle Memory--after 4 hrs., Drill Sgt. said-- "O.K. You Alabama Squirrel hunter, get off my Range, and go join your group!!" (I was 3 days behind due to Emergency Leave)---and then he Winked--Believe he was fom Kentucky--;):)

axhandle May 31st, 2012 01:33 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Cleaning some stuff out, about a year ago, ran across this--at the time (In classroom--very hot day --no air conditioning--chuckle), Trigonometry--a bit 'O Homework---own pencil.

Some 3 years later--drafted , and only then did I know the significance--Paid off later----

Well, Heck--could,'t find the Trig, soes --"Tiger Alarm'--they Work!--Haven't seen any Tgers in 'Bama for some 60 years now--;):D

w8in4dave June 1st, 2012 12:29 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930288)
Well, Good Morning Dave--

Yes, trees--had to get SIL over to take down a Maple--BTW--extremly good wood--for making things-:), and fireplace---

I know by now , you have mastered the Nikon--;):)---attached is the Maple, in the process of being taken down, but the Bluebirds love the branches---

Taking a tree down is always dangerous be careful!! I have not "Mastered" that Nikon yet but working on it all the time :) I still love it!!
I seen you mention more than 1 hobby, yup thats me , If I am not crocheting , or wood burning, I am dehydrating, smoking something lol (as in food) lol, or taking pics of making something ..... Gotta love hobbys :) You know what they say about Idol hands right? have a wonderful weekend Ax

w8in4dave June 1st, 2012 12:30 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930671)
Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Beautiful!! I looked it up :) Wings of desire?

Ajla June 1st, 2012 12:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 930937)
Beautiful!! I looked it up :) Wings of desire?

Now I had to look that up! :) But yes!

w8in4dave June 1st, 2012 03:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930943)
Now I had to look that up! :) But yes!

Hehehehehee

axhandle June 1st, 2012 07:15 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 930936)
Taking a tree down is always dangerous be careful!! I have not "Mastered" that Nikon yet but working on it all the time :) I still love it!!
I seen you mention more than 1 hobby, yup thats me , If I am not crocheting , or wood burning, I am dehydrating, smoking something lol (as in food) lol, or taking pics of making something ..... Gotta love hobbys :) You know what they say about Idol hands right? have a wonderful weekend Ax

You are good at woodburning, Dave --keep it up!
If I can get ahead a bit, going to upgrade my digital--Tell everyone hello and catch me a big ol Fish!

axhandle June 1st, 2012 10:51 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930671)
Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Nijmegan Bridge--- took me a while, and sorta teared up when I found it--Thanks for post.

Nein, der Himmel uber Nijmegen--;):)

Hairy Moose Knuckles June 2nd, 2012 12:06 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Hey Ax ole buddy! How ya been lately? Guess what I've been up to? I got an itch for a couple of Black Powder Revolvers. I was all set to order a couple of 1858's, but then I saw an old Mosin Nagant rifle. The rifle is in good shape and I can get it for a song. have you ever shot one? A buddy told me that he would compare it to a 308.

I still want my pistils though!

Ajla June 2nd, 2012 09:36 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931073)
Nijmegan Bridge--- took me a while, and sorta teared up when I found it--Thanks for post.

Nein, der Himmel uber Nijmegen--;):)



http://youtu.be/YJCQJdNL7IM

This will cheer you up again!
Cannot wait to go!

w8in4dave June 2nd, 2012 11:42 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Beautiful Aj ......

axhandle June 4th, 2012 09:22 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 918537)
Aj,--

Aj, (ref. post5440)

Should be outstanding in June there, watched the video you posted and this was in it--Serenity, with anticipation came to mind---:)

axhandle June 4th, 2012 09:37 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Moose Knuckles (Post 931105)
Hey Ax ole buddy! How ya been lately? Guess what I've been up to? I got an itch for a couple of Black Powder Revolvers. I was all set to order a couple of 1858's, but then I saw an old Mosin Nagant rifle. The rifle is in good shape and I can get it for a song. have you ever shot one? A buddy told me that he would compare it to a 308.

I still want my pistils though!

Nothing like a "Brace" of '58's--

The 7.62x54R is a dead heat to the 30-'06,and just ahead of the .308.

Tie Breaker--There is much, much surplus (cheap) available, 30-'06 milsurp depleted, hard to find.I bring up surplus because it is cheap,high quality ( Look for bxn headstamp)--Czech manufacture , superb--, however any and all I have fired is good.---also hunting rounds , due to popularity is being loaded by more than one manufacturer now, readily available.---Capsule shoot milsurp for fun and sighting in, save hunting ammo for hunting.

axhandle June 4th, 2012 09:55 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931596)
Nothing like a "Brace" of '58's--

The 7.62x54R is a dead heat to the 30-'06,and just ahead of the .308.

Tie Breaker--There is much, much surplus (cheap) available, 30-'06 milsurp depleted, hard to find.I bring up surplus because it is cheap,high quality ( Look for bxn headstamp)--Czech manufacture , superb--, however any and all I have fired is good.---also hunting rounds , due to popularity is being loaded by more than one manufacturer now, readily available.---Capsule:-- shoot milsurp for fun and sighting in, save hunting ammo for hunting.

Getting down to origional question--yes.

The rifle you are looking to buy?--Russian has round receivers, Finnish has Octagonal receiver, (They are superb), either of which, in good condition, can't sniff at differences (1mm) All of the Nagants, to date--one of the most accurate, bulletproof (serviceability) designs --

Keep your eye peeled for one of the attached,and the 'Carbine (recently banned from import)--premium prices--

axhandle June 4th, 2012 09:57 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 931162)
http://youtu.be/YJCQJdNL7IM

This will cheer you up again!
Cannot wait to go!

It did!--very good video--do you go by Rail, Air or Auto?

axhandle June 4th, 2012 11:19 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
3 Attachment(s)
"Eine Querscnitt"--(A Cross Section)--Giverney--

Van Gogh spent time there, and with his friend,Paul Gaugin--whome he looked up to and saught some 'other " inspiration--No wonder such a Quarrel-!-Gaugin saw one thing, Van Gogh , another--

Therin lies--Van Goghs paintings reflect what he saw--in his own perceptions, (Read further ) which reflected his world.

A few of my favorites

axhandle June 4th, 2012 11:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931620)
"Eine Querscnitt"--(A Cross Section)--Giverney--

Van Gogh spent time there, and with his friend,Paul Gaugin--whome he looked up to and saught some 'other " inspiration--No wonder such a Quarrel-!-Gaugin saw one thing, Van Gogh , another--

Therin lies--Van Goghs paintings reflect what he saw--in his own perceptions, (Read further ) which reflected his world.

A few of my favorites

And , of course, my favorite--

axhandle June 4th, 2012 12:30 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931599)
Getting down to origional question--yes.

The rifle you are looking to buy?--Russian has round receivers, Finnish has Octagonal receiver, (They are superb), either of which, in good condition, can't sniff at differences (1mm) All of the Nagants, to date--one of the most accurate, bulletproof (serviceability) designs --

Keep your eye peeled for one of the attached,and the 'Carbine (recently banned from import)--premium prices--

Post Script--

Moose --think this one needs to be -Re-done?---chuckle.

K-Bar --Riggers Knife--only a few Cutlers Rivets away--

Ajla June 5th, 2012 08:48 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931600)
It did!--very good video--do you go by Rail, Air or Auto?

I don't drive, so train and bus!
I like the painting of Gauguin,
painting van Gogh,
painting sunflowers!

Garlicluvr June 5th, 2012 08:50 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax: How are damaters? I have been busy trying to catch up on mowing and yard work. John Deere was down for a few days, no spark, looked up parts diagrams online and traced wires back to a module under the hood ECU or Electronic Control Module. Googled it and discovered it is also called the ignition module and was recalled due to high failure rate.


Called local John Deere dealer service department, they told me how to prove that the module is the problem and if bad to bring the bad one in with tractor hours and they would replace it for free. So after I got the new module had her back up and running in about five minutes.


Been fine tuning the Groves and found the sweet spot for brace height where she has very little noise and almost no vibration. Shoots real smooth when the operator does his part. A keeper even if it isnt any faster than a comprable bow as it is so smooth and forgiving. Will have to chronograph it at the range sometime just out of curiosity.


Jeff:)

axhandle June 5th, 2012 11:06 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 931865)
I don't drive, so train and bus!
I like the painting of Gauguin,
painting van Gogh,
painting sunflowers!

"Chrome Yellow" is the key, to Sunflowers- Van Gogh was introduced to same-and evidently may of his paintings indicate 'mixtures"---

Love Pigments--

P.S. Chuckle---Now, Aj, I rather thought you might, Skydive, and land in the town square--It would be worth it--;):D

axhandle June 5th, 2012 12:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 931866)
Ax: How are damaters? I have been busy trying to catch up on mowing and yard work. John Deere was down for a few days, no spark, looked up parts diagrams online and traced wires back to a module under the hood ECU or Electronic Control Module. Googled it and discovered it is also called the ignition module and was recalled due to high failure rate.


Called local John Deere dealer service department, they told me how to prove that the module is the problem and if bad to bring the bad one in with tractor hours and they would replace it for free. So after I got the new module had her back up and running in about five minutes.


Been fine tuning the Groves and found the sweet spot for brace height where she has very little noise and almost no vibration. Shoots real smooth when the operator does his part. A keeper even if it isnt any faster than a comprable bow as it is so smooth and forgiving. Will have to chronograph it at the range sometime just out of curiosity.


Jeff:)

Have 5 Cherokee Purples almost ready to pick,and about 10 clusters blooming on the same plant, they put out at least 5 blooms per branch.

Got a few Tiny Toms (Tims?)---varient of "Tommy Toes" out yesterday, and the taste is superb! , most best for salads---

German Johnsons ----nurturing, came from Mortgage Lifters---best '50's taste since 1955--:)

Spitfire---Focus"----Ax.

axhandle June 5th, 2012 12:29 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Querschnitt---Cross section:

Paul --Painted by Van Gogh
Van Gogh --Painted by Paul.

They were friends and roomates at Giverny---

"Lust For Life"---Movie--:

Kirk Douglas--Van Gogh.
Paul--Anthony Quinn---couldn't have picked better actors.

Superb

Hairy Moose Knuckles June 5th, 2012 12:29 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax,

It's a 1935 Tula Hex with all the Goodies.

axhandle June 5th, 2012 01:10 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Moose Knuckles (Post 931926)
Ax,

It's a 1935 Tula Hex with all the Goodies.

You Snagged a --Good One--

axhandle June 5th, 2012 01:23 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Pigments--And Brushes galore--

Almost all of Blues and Greens are somehere downstairs,-Oils,---Cobalt Blue is one of my favorites--

The Visible Spectrum--Roy G. Biv--:

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green

Blue
Indigo---(An intermediate)
And Violet

axhandle June 6th, 2012 10:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Moose Knuckles (Post 931926)
Ax,

It's a 1935 Tula Hex with all the Goodies.

This,---- becomes interesting, like to see a pic or two.

Tula and Ishvesk both used an arrow inside a triangle, subtle differences--

I once asked a fellow to bring me an Arisaka , Type 38 for spare parts (low cost)--he did---: (chuckle):

It was Chinese manufaturer, probably Mukden Arsenal---after a bit of time (don't know Chinese), it interpreted to be:---"Walking Spear"---I appreciated the name due to Eastern thought train, but it was a puzzle--

axhandle June 6th, 2012 10:40 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
"Back When"--chuckle --I was another year from graduating, we lived in an "Efficiancy" apartment across the road from a Stadium, rent was $40.00 a month.
Down to 16 cents , and two pork chops we were eating

The National Guard stayed there one weekend, and were issued --"C-Rats"--of which they took the Cigarettes out and threw the rest in the barrels.

axhandle June 6th, 2012 10:51 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 932131)
"Back When"--chuckle --I was another year from graduating, we lived in an "Efficiancy" apartment across the road from a Stadium, rent was $40.00 a month.
Down to 16 cents , and two pork chops we were eating

The National Guard stayed there one weekend, and were issued --"C-Rats"--of which they took the Cigarettes, and chewing gum out and threw the rest in the barrels.

I carried at least 300# of Prime Stuff across the road,--, center cut pork, ham and limas,peach jam, jelly, ham and eggs, crackers, cheese, accesory packs (Spoon, Fork, salt , pepper, and toothpicks!) and the Date Pudding Cake--Oh My!

We didn't have to buy groceries for two months.:)

axhandle June 6th, 2012 10:58 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 932132)
I carried at least 300# of Prime Stuff across the road,--, center cut pork, ham and limas,peach jam, jelly, ham and eggs, crackers, cheese, accesory packs (Spoon, Fork, salt , pepper, and toothpicks!) and the Date Pudding Cake--Oh My!

We didn't have to buy groceries for two months.:)

"C-Rats"--

axhandle June 6th, 2012 11:21 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Today it is 6-June 1944---some years hence-

A Tribute:

axhandle June 6th, 2012 11:35 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 932138)
Today it is 6-June 1944---some years hence-

A Tribute:

Although pics are small--1.Landing Craft, 2.Rangers scaling -Point du Hoc-

Fellow I grew up with two blocks away, in later years got sent to Washington job assignment , got up early--some 4 hrs before, went to a Book Shop to kill some time--the first book he picked up--and opened,--there was a Landing Craft-,LCV at Normandy--and in the door was his Dad!

Ajla June 7th, 2012 10:46 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 931925)
Querschnitt---Cross section:

Paul --Painted by Van Gogh
Van Gogh --Painted by Paul.

They were friends and roomates at Giverny---

"Lust For Life"---Movie--:

Kirk Douglas--Van Gogh.
Paul--Anthony Quinn---couldn't have picked better actors.

Superb

I'd never heard of the film, and cannot find a trailer on it, but with Anthony Quinn it should be lively!

w8in4dave June 7th, 2012 10:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Here is a link about the film :)

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/revi...BF66838D649EDE

Ajla June 9th, 2012 07:22 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 932532)

Thanks! I suppose they made no trailers in those days?
Ax isn't there, quick, let's make another pizza! :D

w8in4dave June 9th, 2012 07:32 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
:) Yummy :) Another of my creations :)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/242d9b36.jpg

Ajla June 9th, 2012 08:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 932883)
:) Yummy :) Another of my creations :)
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/242d9b36.jpg

I'm having it for a late lunch, that is so yummy, thanks! I think we can finish that between us? :D

springfever June 9th, 2012 09:49 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
that looks fantastic!

axhandle June 11th, 2012 09:55 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Well Aj,
Only a couple days now, before Giverny!--I trust you have your straw hat, pigments and brushes together--I know you will have a good trip---

axhandle June 11th, 2012 10:03 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 932879)
Thanks! I suppose they made no trailers in those days?
Ax isn't there, quick, let's make another pizza! :D

Ha, :)--Aj, I sleep with one eye open and can smell Pizza 50 miles away-:D

"I Snooze, I Lose"--:)

Dave , thats a "Polish Pizza" , if ever I saw one---next time make two, one for me and you and Aj can split the --'other half"--:D

w8in4dave June 11th, 2012 10:25 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 933315)
Ha, :)--Aj, I sleep with one eye open and can smell Pizza 50 miles away-:D

"I Snooze, I Lose"

Dave , thats a "Polish Pizza" , if ever I saw one---next time make two, one for me and you and Aj can split the --'other half"--:D

Will do Ax :) In a couple of days

We have been smokin fools LOL smoked a turkey, Smokin Ribs... :) got a nifty loaner smoker from a friend, so taking advantage of it... might use some of that smoked turkey on a pizza ..

axhandle June 11th, 2012 10:28 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Awoke , earlier than usual this A.M.--0300--

The Sub-Tropical, I guess, approaching Tropical in July/August, been overcast and intermittent rain for some 4 weeks now.Very overcast , no Sun shining thru--

Backed the vehicle out to allow some room,around 0630, and sat down in my favorite spot--a booth section from a '60's Cafe' and saw this reflecting off the hood--Hmmmm--Say's I ---another gift--:)

Piece the Puzzle together---;) maybe later I can capture the "Distant Sun" in another pic---

w8in4dave June 11th, 2012 10:31 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 933323)
Awoke , earlier than usual this A.M.--0300--

The Sub-Tropical, I guess, approaching Tropical in July/August, been overcast and intermittent rain for some 4 weeks now.Very overcast , no Sun shining thru--

Backed the vehicle out to allow some room,around 0630, and sat down in my favorite spot--a booth section from a '60's Cafe' and saw this reflecting off the hood--Hmmmm--Say's I ---another gift--:)

Piece the Puzzle together---;) maybe later I can capture the "Distant Sun" in another pic---

Beautiful Ax :) will look forward to the sunset pics :)

axhandle June 11th, 2012 11:23 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 933326)
Beautiful Ax :) will look forward to the sunset pics :)

A year or so ago, I posted this one--there are at, minimum 4 focal points--beginning at the bottom:

A face outline-
Gulls
Sunset
And an A in the sky--

Olympus OM-1, Agfa 100 Film.---Yea, I know an Old "Fuddy-Duddy " with an Antiquaited Camera----chuckle.

w8in4dave June 11th, 2012 11:44 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 933339)
A year or so ago, I posted this one--there are at, minimum 4 focal points--beginning at the bottom:

A face outline-
Gulls
Sunset
And an A in the sky--

Olympus OM-1, Agfa 100 Film.---Yea, I know an Old "Fuddy-Duddy " with an Antiquaited Camera----chuckle.

Absolutly remember that!! :) Beautiful!

axhandle June 12th, 2012 08:07 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
BTW, Dave what kind of flour for pizza dough?---and what all was in that last one you made---got Hunger Pains.

Got a brand new Pasta machine at yard sale a few weeks back ($5.00), Atlas, made in Italy--it is fantastic---I know most noodles/pasta are made from Semolina/Farina flours ,-but regular flower works and simple recipe.

'Mater bucket--experiment again---it's blooming, but one's in garden are 3 ft high and loaded!--we'll see how the taste compares--;):)

axhandle June 12th, 2012 08:15 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
4 Attachment(s)
Well, guess Aj has her bags packed --I'm excited for her--

Ajla June 12th, 2012 11:24 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 933516)
Well, guess Aj has her bags packed --I'm excited for her--

Nice pics! I only have to add my toothbrush and I'm ready to go! :)

axhandle June 12th, 2012 12:09 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 933565)
Nice pics! I only have to add my toothbrush and I'm ready to go! :)

And good Fortune!--Ax--wish I could do same--:)

P.S. You will return, with a package awaiting--:)

redneckplanter June 12th, 2012 12:26 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
whatz cooking in axland ya'lls?
smiles

axhandle June 12th, 2012 12:31 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
4 Attachment(s)
Damage Control!--chuckle--All Hands on Deck!--

Storm Front--hit-- with only 15 seconds notice, sounded like a group of B-25's at low level,('Missus went to front door opened it and the Main Feed (300 yards away -exploded ---the front was at 40 mph, frontspeed, containing 70 MPH winds, and Shears---(Mini-Tornado)--some Maple and Cherry got "Pruned "by M.Nature-----Just went and got 'Me flashlights and candles, a snack and sat down---No need to worry--chuckle.

Alabama Power restored service at 0230 Hrs--;):)

As I always say---(Infantry") --"Your Home is Where You Dig It!"--chuckle.

redneckplanter June 12th, 2012 12:50 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
hey send them branches down here!
thatz redneck compost in waiting.glad nobody hurt.

axhandle June 12th, 2012 12:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 933593)
whatz cooking in axland ya'lls?
smiles

Always, ---Good Stuff:)--I love to cook, but not an obsession,--on a monthly basis --Greek Chicken--

Crock Pot
Butter, Good Butter-- tsp.
turn on, the pot--High.

In 10 minutes , add:

Cut Carrots--

Two tsp of Cavenders 'Greek Seasoning"----Stir--and cover --go out back and sit down--chuckle.

Add --Two chicken breasts -sliced diagonally, with salt first, and just a 'Twit' of Sweet Basil'---one quarter of good Garlic.---On High--3-4 hrs--don't have to worry about it--On low--it will be ready by the time one returns from work--

axhandle June 18th, 2012 12:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 933607)
hey send them branches down here!
thatz redneck compost in waiting.glad nobody hurt.

"Cost me a "Load", but I know you got about 5 Oil Wells pumping out several barrels a day--Acorns forming-----Ax.

axhandle June 18th, 2012 01:38 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Heck,---- Yesterday---and two days ago, 'Missus reminded me it was Fathers day--I rarely keep up with calenders anymore.

"Fare 'O 'Tha Day----

Squash Casserole-onions , of course.---and pepper.
Corn Pudding-
Lima Beans--soaked overnight--Bacon Grease seasoning.

A 'Hen" , baked to perfection----Prudehommes seasoning.(La.)

Red Diamond Tea---with lemon, and sugar.

Yellow Cake with icing---

All , over--very good day

w8in4dave June 18th, 2012 02:28 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 935023)
Heck,---- Yesterday---and two days ago, 'Missus reminded me it was Fathers day--I rarely keep up with calenders anymore.

"Fare 'O 'Tha Day----

Squash Casserole-onions , of course.---and pepper.
Corn Pudding-
Lima Beans--soaked overnight--Bacon Grease seasoning.

A 'Hen" , baked to perfection----Prudehommes seasoning.(La.)

Red Diamond Tea---with lemon, and sugar.

Yellow Cake with icing---

All , over--very good day

Glad you had a wonderful day Ax :) I spent the day home while Dave went to work, he pulled a muscle in his back, day b4 he stayed home, the yesterday sucked it up and went in ....... He throws steel for a living, cannot believe he softly fell and pulled a muscle..... :confused: what can ya do??? Hopefully it won't be long and he will go to his trade (tool and die) few more months... Ok well It is nice seeing you on again ... Havn't seen you on in a few ....

w8in4dave June 18th, 2012 02:34 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
ha just got 9/10" of rain :) some of our corn got knock over, not all the way but ....

axhandle June 19th, 2012 10:58 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 935031)
Glad you had a wonderful day Ax :) I spent the day home while Dave went to work, he pulled a muscle in his back, day b4 he stayed home, the yesterday sucked it up and went in ....... He throws steel for a living, cannot believe he softly fell and pulled a muscle..... :confused: what can ya do??? Hopefully it won't be long and he will go to his trade (tool and die) few more months... Ok well It is nice seeing you on again ... Havn't seen you on in a few ....

It was, everybody but me, remembered same,-serious.
Guess being 'Off the Clock' for some years now had everything to do with it--no watches, no calenders-'Cept Doc Appts,--I go by the Sun and the Moon---and everything in between is --"Gravy"-

P.S. I'm still envious of that new camera of yours,---

Tell Dave , hello for me--it's a job, SIL is a machinist--very good one-it's almost 6 days a week at 12 hrs per shift for the last year.

axhandle June 19th, 2012 11:06 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 935033)
ha just got 9/10" of rain :) some of our corn got knock over, not all the way but ....

"Mini Tornado" here last week--70mph shear winds, knocked all of tomato cages down, 3" in 20 minutes---but--they are thriving,--yesterday went down to garden, one of the plants I bought said Cherokee Purple---Heck if that Rhymes-:D- I know Romas from sight, now are they red or yellow---maybe a week or so will tell me--Good Pizza!

axhandle June 20th, 2012 11:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I might better pass this on,Japanese Beetles--posted it on Pests and Problems" with little comment.

If you don't know about them, time to "Bone Up", until this year only saw a few---'Missus said a month ago --'Bugs are all over my Rose"--Yep, at least 4 per bloom, one on top of the other,--Females are on the bottom--

Applied an Industrial grade pesticide, at least 100 flew out of the bush, thought it was over.---Oh, No next morning equal amounts flew in, from next door neighbor--he describes 'Thousands" out in his trees and garden.

Sevin spray--killed some, finally put up a Japanese Beetle trap, yesterday morning--has the hormone to attract them away from plant------"Now Hear This!"---bag was one third full, and the devils were trying to eat out of the bag!--Chem Warfare, personified!--Get with it , predictions are, within several years all garden crops will be decimated by them.

axhandle June 20th, 2012 12:48 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Most Productive Day, beginning at 0400 hrs.

About 0900 , decided to take a "Break",--looking thru something , trying to find what I was looking for-- came across this 'A Salvage'/Treasure---I was about 8yrs old then--down on the Creek, a bottle dump was on the other side.---

"Soda'--?--"Pop", a "Try Me", Coke, RC---no---something uncommon.

axhandle June 20th, 2012 01:09 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 935418)
Most Productive Day, beginning at 0400 hrs.

About 0900 , decided to take a "Break",--looking thru something , trying to find what I was looking for-- came across this 'A Salvage'/Treasure---I was about 8yrs old then--down on the Creek, a bottle dump was on the other side.---

"Soda'--?--"Pop", a "Try Me", Coke, RC---no---something uncommon.

The embossing---:

BIC Soda---Coca Cola Botc Co., bottom -Al.

Salient Points, Become--

The Cap is intact, real steel, and most factual--did it more than once, took an icepick and a hammer and opened up the top.--

Post Script---How many containers are still here after about 60 yrs, in this condition--BTW--It was a local company in my home town--never seen,? I surmise all was shipped to --'The North'--produced Down South where "Soda" was
for baking--;):D

axhandle June 21st, 2012 11:36 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 935424)
The embossing---:

BIC Soda---Coca Cola Botc Co., bottom -Al.

Salient Points, Become--

The Cap is intact, real steel, and most factual--did it more than once, took an icepick and a hammer and opened up the top.--

Post Script---How many containers are still here after about 60 yrs, in this condition--BTW--It was a local company in my home town--never seen,? I surmise all was shipped to --'The North'--produced Down South where "Soda" was
for baking--;):D

Have to edit--The BIC Soda, after looking at it again (The moldmaker didn't bring the bottom part of the C up enough--it's a G--BIG Soda.

Ajla June 24th, 2012 03:14 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I'm back, and wish I weren't, it was great!

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_DSCN1703.jpg

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_DSCN1693.jpg


http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_DSCN1695.jpg

w8in4dave June 24th, 2012 09:45 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Nice Aj :) beautiful pics :)

axhandle June 25th, 2012 11:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Aj,

Am relieved you are back , safe and sound, and hope you wandered off the usual "Beaten Path", into the side streets, the Shops, the fresh bread and pasteries being baked ---and as you know --there are always a 'Ghost' or two to be seen--

Pretty there, no wonder so many painters , of past---

And thanks for Pics, --I especially noted the stream/pond---;)

bunkie June 25th, 2012 12:31 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
wonderful pics alja!

Ajla June 27th, 2012 10:41 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Paintings, not pictures, and amazing to walk through them!

axhandle June 28th, 2012 11:30 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 936886)
Paintings, not pictures, and amazing to walk through them!

Aj,

Reflected on your post--:

"The Poppy Fields" came to mind, -among other things--
.

axhandle June 28th, 2012 11:47 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 936886)
Paintings, not pictures, and amazing to walk through them!

Aj,

Reflected on your post--:

"The Poppy Fields" came to mind, -among other things--
Especially, the Pond--the boat with a crew " and one Fisher, at the Bow-- the Lily Pads, much fish to be caught there,---

Renoir--

axhandle June 28th, 2012 11:55 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937071)
Aj,

Reflected on your post--:

"The Poppy Fields" came to mind, -among other things--
Especially, the Pond--the boat with a crew " and one Fisher, at the Bow-- the Lily Pads, much fish to be caught there,---

Renoir--

et.al.

Ajla June 29th, 2012 02:16 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937069)
Aj,

Reflected on your post--:

"The Poppy Fields" came to mind, -among other things--
.

I associate poppy fields with Flanders.
But this was magic Ax.
Should I start worrying about Tussy?

w8in4dave June 29th, 2012 08:58 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Morning e1 :) hope today finds e1 well :)

tweed July 1st, 2012 11:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 935424)
The embossing---:

BIC Soda---Coca Cola Botc Co., bottom -Al.

Salient Points, Become--

The Cap is intact, real steel, and most factual--did it more than once, took an icepick and a hammer and opened up the top.--

Post Script---How many containers are still here after about 60 yrs, in this condition--BTW--It was a local company in my home town--never seen,? I surmise all was shipped to --'The North'--produced Down South where "Soda" was
for baking--;):D

Mornin', Sir Ax!
I got what I think was a deal on something last year.
Bought it from a man at a roadside stand........
It is a Coca-Cola syrup bottle from 1967,
It is in the original box with cardboard divider although the other three jugs are missing.
It has the original label on the jug and is perfect, with the exception of a small tear in the bottom of the label.
Whatcha say I gave for it? (I hope I didn't give too much)

Steve

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 10:20 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 937206)
I associate poppy fields with Flanders.
But this was magic Ax.
Should I start worrying about Tussy?

And so, I. Had to memorize and recite "In Flanders Fields" during mid school, have never forgotten it.

So, Giverny worked Magic:)--as intended, maybe one day I can go, but for now, visit in my mind, sweet dreams-:)

Ms. Tussy will depart on, or before Friday--

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 10:39 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 937224)
Morning e1 :) hope today finds e1 well :)

Dave,

I always chuckle everytime you post some fishing at your place north of you--:

Rodney Dangerfield --out on a Michigan Lake :

"We might see a Sturgeon!", Hey there goes one Now!, (Waving), --Hey Doc!"-:)

Brother caught two small Black Tip sharks down on the Gulf, about 3 ft long, 'Cigar Minnows', on the bottom.Nephew rented tackle,($100 deposit) which , something pulled the whole rig off the pier,I'm not surprised, however a fellow from Massachusetts, was reeling his line in, to check his bait-- snagged the rig----and brought it up--!

It's going to be prime time there in August, and I am going to catch another Shark--

Ajla July 2nd, 2012 10:51 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937766)
And so, I. Had to memorize and recite "In Flanders Fields" during mid school, have never forgotten it.

So, Giverny worked Magic:)--as intended, maybe one day I can go, but for now, visit in my mind, sweet dreams-:)

Ms. Tussy will depart on, or before Friday--

That's OK, I thought she might have been gallavanting like Maja did? :)

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 11:02 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 937694)
Mornin', Sir Ax!
I got what I think was a deal on something last year.
Bought it from a man at a roadside stand........
It is a Coca-Cola syrup bottle from 1967,
It is in the original box with cardboard divider although the other three jugs are missing.
It has the original label on the jug and is perfect, with the exception of a small tear in the bottom of the label.
Whatcha say I gave for it? (I hope I didn't give too much)

Steve

Sir Tweed, You Rascal--how are you?! You always find the Good Stuff--

My comment:

Exceptional, in that Coca -Cola real formulae, is the worlds best kept secret,--

The syrup was shipped under strict rules and enforcement,which you have---10+-----

The 'Kicker", becomes--the final process and most secret ingredient added after the syrup was delivered, and during the process of making Coca-Cola--

Got a prize there,knowing your learned eye--you paid 5 'Bucks'--;):)---Ax.

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 11:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 937775)
That's OK, I thought she might have been gallavanting like Maja did? :)

I knew you would know--;).

I'm not sure which is worse--chuckle-Maja or Tussy--:D

Attached:--

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 11:54 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Most comfortable day in a month--today--Rain!, and temp outside 74F.!

Draught for a month, temps-high of 105F-inside Temp--91F average- ' 80's at night,--for last 4 days, and --of Course the Air conditioning decided to give up--during--got fixed yesterday.

Oh ,Well---beats trying to sleep with 120F and 99% Humidity---:)

"Star Performers":

Tomatoes:--Cherokee Purples, "Tommy Toes"- provided by door neighbor (Very Vintage),Tiny Toms, and German Johnsons.

Beans---"Rattlesnakes"--Non-Pariel'
Dill--Lots of it--
Garlic-a Bud a Day Keeps the Bugs Away--:)--besides good heart and Lung function--

Garlicluvr July 2nd, 2012 12:32 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax: Your weather has been about the same as mine. Hot ,Dry, watering a lot, then to top it off had strong thunderstorms friday night 70Mph winds knocked out our power finally got power and some AC back last evening around supper time.

At 99 to low 100's temps over the weekend it was a bit steamy, with no electric, camped out in the shade in the yard and in the basement.


Trying to keep up with watering and shooting the bows when ever I get a chance.


Jeff


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.