IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

springfever March 4th, 2012 09:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

I am so in awe of you guys. I'm afraid of water but would love to see those colorful salt water fish. They are so beautiful.

axhandle March 5th, 2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 900953)
I am so in awe of you guys. I'm afraid of water but would love to see those colorful salt water fish. They are so beautiful.

Many memories , Spring,--back in young days couldn't stay out of the water.Since you are afraid of water, maybe read---"How to Build a Tin Canoe",
story revolves around kids growing up on the coast--one of my favorite books.

axhandle March 7th, 2012 01:52 PM

Althro --Rather Tranted as to the Evils of Brown Eggs--Which I knew of--They are still the best.

"Missus abhors the notion, and I still want Duck Eggs--

"Simmered ,yet not cooked beyond belief"--Butter from a Cow.

Fresh Bread, the Yeast still lingers, browned on the spit, and with Blackberry jelly.

Such a Respite---

FritzDaKat March 8th, 2012 05:09 AM

Wouldn't mind a few Geese in the yard now that you have me thinking of Eggs. ;)

3 o' those, a pound of bacon and about 1/2 loaf of toast and I'm good till lunch I swear.

Garlicluvr March 8th, 2012 08:00 AM

Ax: Saw you had tornadoes in your area again last week. Hope you and your family are all well. Been thinking of tilling the pea patch if it doesnt rain this weekend think I will just do it.

Got a little more work done on the flintlock barrel bought some sandflap wheels at the local welding supply store to speed up the milling mark removal a bit.

Also went to the local archery range and shot a few times and joined, so getting the bows back out again.

Will have Asparagus coming up in another month and plant a few more fruit trees. Speaking of which I want to start antifungal sprays early this year on the fruit trees and grapes, sulfur or copper/bordeaux to get ahead of fungal diseases.

Enjoyed your pics again on the photography thread.

Jeff :)

axhandle March 8th, 2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 902502)
Wouldn't mind a few Geese in the yard now that you have me thinking of Eggs. ;)

3 o' those, a pound of bacon and about 1/2 loaf of toast and I'm good till lunch I swear.

Last job I had, College about 30 clicks S., the Canadian Geese were -'In Residence" and CO-Existance was everywhere, the Geese had taken over the Campus,patrolled the sidewalks, and dared anyone to Usurp their Territory--

I had many a laugh during that time.

BTW--Kitaro--still my Cocoon of Relaxation--;):)

axhandle March 8th, 2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 902570)
Ax: Saw you had tornadoes in your area again last week. Hope you and your family are all well. Been thinking of tilling the pea patch if it doesnt rain this weekend think I will just do it.

Got a little more work done on the flintlock barrel bought some sandflap wheels at the local welding supply store to speed up the milling mark removal a bit.

Also went to the local archery range and shot a few times and joined, so getting the bows back out again.

Will have Asparagus coming up in another month and plant a few more fruit trees. Speaking of which I want to start antifungal sprays early this year on the fruit trees and grapes, sulfur or copper/bordeaux to get ahead of fungal diseases.

Enjoyed your pics again on the photography thread.

Jeff :)

Doing well, Jeff--last Trial of Life, was getting G'Son's (3 yrs old) tonsils out--he presented with sleep apnea, restricted air flow, snoreing,--Surgeon said they were as big as a "Small Tangerine".--almost out of the woods now---been 10 days.

Guess I'll wait til after Tornado onslaught, coming up, before garden.

Other G'Son 8 got on the Archery team at School-- has the knack, but his mind moves so fast--a character.

Daughter and SIL planted Asparagus last summer--late-- she was over a few days ago----Daddy, We have so much Asparagus coming up we could sell it by the road"--"Well, bring me a few pounds , Said I"

axhandle March 8th, 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 902622)
Doing well, Jeff--last Trial of Life, was getting G'Son's (3 yrs old) tonsils out--he presented with sleep apnea, restricted air flow, snoreing,--Surgeon said they were as big as a "Small Tangerine".--almost out of the woods now---been 10 days.

Guess I'll wait til after Tornado onslaught, coming up, before garden.

Other G'Son 8 got on the Archery team at School-- has the knack, but his mind moves so fast--a character.

Daughter and SIL planted Asparagus last summer--late-- she was over a few days ago----Daddy, We have so much Asparagus coming up we could sell it by the road"--"Well, bring me a few pounds , Said I"

Figured I'd contribute to bumping the thread-good one from you--have to keep the Home Fires Burning--

FritzDaKat March 9th, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 902622)
D

Nothing like a Knack for the Nock eh'? :D

redneckplanter March 11th, 2012 01:13 PM

happy belated fritz ol buddy.

FritzDaKat March 11th, 2012 05:42 PM

Thanks Red, you been not on FB much or what? I never see ya' in there? lol

Sorry, I've been a little glued to the white house wall in a number of threads recently,,, a few other walls as well. ;)

WOOF WOOF!!

axhandle March 12th, 2012 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 903101)
Nothing like a Knack for the Nock eh'? :D

The school team gets to go to State Championships, sometime next month,guess I'll drop in on the competition.
The top shooter is is a young Lass, and apparently very good,shot a 230.

axhandle March 12th, 2012 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 904097)
Thanks Red, you been not on FB much or what? I never see ya' in there? lol

Sorry, I've been a little glued to the white house wall in a number of threads recently,,, a few other walls as well. ;)

WOOF WOOF!!

I surmise , Red meant HBD, so HBD Fritz.:)

Garlicluvr March 12th, 2012 07:51 AM

Ax: Glad to hear they still have some school archery clubs/teams there. Not many left here. I need to get my target back out and start shooting more in the back yard again. Have the Indian grass mat so need to soak it a bit in antifreeze water soltion to swell up the fibers tighten up the middle again. Arrows were starting to almost penetrate to the fletching sometimes.

I got out yesterday and sprayed all of the fruit trees and grapes then pulled out the John Deere and tilled the pea patch. Will go over the patch one more time in a few days might get showers today/tomorrow then plant my peas. Need to see if the farm store has seed potatoes yet and get those ready also.

I got behind on pruning too so need to do a quick prune on the grapes and Apple trees I am a little late on those as they should be pruned late winter when dormant.

There are a couple of young ladies at my local archery club that shoot quite well and are really into the sport.

Jeff:)

axhandle March 12th, 2012 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 904262)
Ax: Glad to hear they still have some school archery clubs/teams there. Not many left here. I need to get my target back out and start shooting more in the back yard again. Have the Indian grass mat so need to soak it a bit in antifreeze water soltion to swell up the fibers tighten up the middle again. Arrows were starting to almost penetrate to the fletching sometimes.

I got out yesterday and sprayed all of the fruit trees and grapes then pulled out the John Deere and tilled the pea patch. Will go over the patch one more time in a few days might get showers today/tomorrow then plant my peas. Need to see if the farm store has seed potatoes yet and get those ready also.

I got behind on pruning too so need to do a quick prune on the grapes and Apple trees I am a little late on those as they should be pruned late winter when dormant.

There are a couple of young ladies at my local archery club that shoot quite well and are really into the sport.

Wish it was part of all curriculims. Thought about it yesterday, yep going to go ahead with English Peas, so they can beat the heat.SIL was here the weekend, had 5 lbs seed potatoes to plant in his garde. BTW--they planted Asparagus last summer--and Daughter said it's popped up and unreal as to how much.

Take care of the Grapes and Apples, Wine from the former and Calvados from the latter--;):D

Yep, target needs treatment, and hay bales stacked up make a good backstop for flyers--Ax.

Garlicluvr March 12th, 2012 08:23 AM

Just looked on Ebay as i have been keeping an eye out for either a Wing Presentation II take down target recurve or the elusive Groves Spitfire, maybe even a older Hoyt pro-medalist target model. Looking for one to rig with a sight, stabilizer for FITA shoots coming up at local archery range. In those I would probably need the sight at least to be competitive.

Anyway there is a Wing T-bird 50 pound right hadn with about 6 hours left I believe at around $80 if you are looking for one.

axhandle March 12th, 2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 904274)
Just looked on Ebay as i have been keeping an eye out for either a Wing Presentation II take down target recurve or the elusive Groves Spitfire, maybe even a older Hoyt pro-medalist target model. Looking for one to rig with a sight, stabilizer for FITA shoots coming up at local archery range. In those I would probably need the sight at least to be competitive.

Anyway there is a Wing T-bird 50 pound right hadn with about 6 hours left I believe at around $80 if you are looking for one.

Looking it up, this A.M., thanks Jeff.

BTW--Lost my note to you , G'kids swiped my paper-:)--extremely interesting site, will re find and post for you--talk about Archery!--they even have the Horsebow, and Turkish Recurve, hand forged points,-etc.--It's a Jewel of a site.

axhandle March 12th, 2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 904287)
Looking it up, this A.M., thanks Jeff.

BTW--Lost my note to you , G'kids swiped my paper-:)--extremely interesting site, will re find and post for you--talk about Archery!--they even have the Horsebow, and Turkish Recurve, hand forged points,-etc.--It's a Jewel of a site.

Peruse E-bay, Longbows--find { Flagella Sei (Osage 6575) vendor}---

Apparently British Based vendor , but products are made in Hungary--outstanding stuff!

P.S. Beware the Shanghai ads , elswhere, otherwise one will get "Shanghied"--;):)

axhandle March 14th, 2012 08:02 AM

Fantastic day, yesterday.It was 75F--overcast to clearing, had to go to Doc early about 30 miles out.(Oh, Boy Interstate;) all the way).

Backed out of garage, let the engine warm up, whilst checking tire pressures, 28#, all way 'Round.

Chuckle--who said Doc visits were dreadful and boreing-:D

Got back, spent some nonsense keyboard time, nap and off to G'Son's Baseball game.(HS).

I just can't get used to the sound of that Clink/ Tink of Aluminum bats meeting a fastball,:)-----

Guess I got "Aged in Wood"--;):)

axhandle March 14th, 2012 08:19 AM

The Last Inning.

"Two on, 3-2 the count, visitors lead by one,--one pitch decides the game, said I"

"Batter composed , but calls a bit of time out of the box, searching in mind, knocking dirt off spikes, (From the Dugout, the war cry, "Ducks are on the Pond!")then steps back in"

axhandle March 14th, 2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 905235)
The Last Inning.

"Three on, 3-2 the count, visitors lead by one,--one pitch decides the game, said I"

"Batter composed , but calls a bit of time out of the box, searching in mind, knocking dirt off spikes, (From the Dugout, the war cry, "Ducks are on the Pond!")then steps back in"

"Pitcher on the mound had grown two shades paler, at what he saw, step back in the box, he knew the batter was going to knock him and visitors out of the Park, irregardless of what he threw"

"Fast Ball just above shoulder height,(Batter counted the Stitches on the ball) the Louisville Slugger, bit hard on the Sweetspot---and the opposing team Center fielder just threw his glove up in the air at it, as it went over Left Centerfield, on the way to the "Ducks on the Pond"

Garlicluvr March 14th, 2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 905223)
Fantastic day, yesterday.It was 75F--overcast to clearing, had to go to Doc early about 30 miles out.(Oh, Boy Interstate;) all the way).

Backed out of garage, let the engine warm up, whilst checking tire pressures, 28#, all way 'Round.

Chuckle--who said Doc visits were dreadful and boreing-:D

Got back, spent some nonsense keyboard time, nap and off to G'Son's Baseball game.(HS).

I just can't get used to the sound of that Clink/ Tink of Aluminum bats meeting a fastball,:)-----

Guess I got "Aged in Wood"-

Ax: I am with you on the sound of aluminum bats just isnt right. I like the crack of a solid hit with a good ole wood Louisville Slugger. Pro's Major Leagues still use wood.

Beautiful weather here too, need to get those peas in the ground.

capebuffalo March 14th, 2012 08:41 AM

talkin' about recurve archery !

dad taught me early 70's. paul nazelrod , our national champion , taught me how to aim at targets between 50 and 80 yards on the tournament trail. i was so young and little,sight bar wasn't long enough to hold dead on. i used the bottom of bar to line up at 50 and the point of the arrow at 80 yards.

i remember paul winning the nationals ( in illinois ) , his prize was 500 bucks and a bear archery belt buckle. can't remember anything else. now he'd be a zillionaire.

still have the trophy , that i beat him in a high / low shoot with my dad. i shot above my average, he tried shaking me but it didn't work. twelve years old and cool as a cucumber.:)

god rest his soul !

axhandle March 14th, 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 905250)
Ax: I am with you on the sound of aluminum bats just isnt right. I like the crack of a solid hit with a good ole wood Louisville Slugger. Pro's Major Leagues still use wood.

Beautiful weather here too, need to get those peas in the ground.

Peas are going to go in the ground--even if I have to cover them next month.

Ya, know Jeff, I really missed the cold this year, not being able to really brew up on the little stove out back, only two fires lit--unseasonably warm.

"Got a Deal for You, Can't be Resisted"--chuckle --"Trade me your Stainless Percolater for a Feather, and we'll both be Tickled"---Got to get me one--

Something went awry on my bid,on the T'Bird,--

P.S. Sicilian Silver so, far--going to be especially noted, love the aroma , and what appears to be--very good in terms of storage etc.--Thanks.

Course all of it , having a ball--like 'Em All--:)

axhandle March 14th, 2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capebuffalo (Post 905255)
talkin' about recurve archery !

dad taught me early 70's. paul nazelrod , our national champion , taught me how to aim at targets between 50 and 80 yards on the tournament trail. i was so young and little,sight bar wasn't long enough to hold dead on. i used the bottom of bar to line up at 50 and the point of the arrow at 80 yards.

i remember paul winning the nationals ( in illinois ) , his prize was 500 bucks and a bear archery belt buckle. can't remember anything else. now he'd be a zillionaire.

still have the trophy , that i beat him in a high / low shoot with my dad. i shot above my average, he tried shaking me but it didn't work. twelve years old and cool as a cucumber.:)

god rest his soul !

There are Pearls Galore in your post, and especially for those Kids, Genuinely interested in the endeavour, sport and competition wise.

Spread some of that Perlabber (Proven Experience)around, guarantee that some of the kids will thank you from now on.

Good post--

redneckplanter March 14th, 2012 11:11 AM

ax the future forest cometh.lol
lil apples and rose plum popping up now.lol

axhandle March 14th, 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 905353)
ax the future forest cometh.lol
lil apples and rose plum popping up now.lol

Will have some Sherwood Forest Oak Acorns for you, and ?Scaley Bark ? Oaks, that G'Daughter and I found up at the park,amazed at roots at the time, last month--Fastidious, grows so well in sand and Red Clay--A Winner.--

PM--if you need.--Ax.

axhandle March 15th, 2012 10:53 AM

Woke up this morning, Thanks-my Bio Clock/Weather Station immediately kicked in--Trivia and Mischief Day, ground saturated with water, can't plow,no birds chirping -etc.

Soooo--Chuckle

Todays Bit 'O Useless Knowledge came to mind, why not,--- beats the Doldrums--:D

FritzDaKat March 15th, 2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 904246)
I surmise , Red meant HBD, so HBD Fritz.:)

Thanks Ax! 1 more year till "42" :eek:

Garlicluvr March 16th, 2012 11:42 AM

Ax: got my seed potatoes yesterday at the farm store 10 pounds each of Norlund and Irish Cobbler. 45 and 60 cents a pound so not bad.

Ajla March 16th, 2012 12:57 PM

I found Maja! She's changed her outlook, but I hope she still smells the same! Let me know where to send her to, and she'll be on her way!

axhandle March 19th, 2012 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 906394)
I found Maja! She's changed her outlook, but I hope she still smells the same! Let me know where to send her to, and she'll be on her way!

Aj!--Glad you are back, and trust you had a good trip, and hope the weather was nice there in Sunny Spain-:)Noticed Valencia is having the Festival of Fire this week, all week--Wow!
I certainly appreciate the thought and time on Maja, ---P.M. me your E-mail address and I will go from there, and I do insist on returning the favor--

Glad you safely returned---

Garlicluvr March 19th, 2012 07:57 AM

Had beautiful weather this weekend and got quite a bit done. Made one more pass over my patch with the tiller then planted the English peas (wando) 20 lbs of seed potatoes Irish Cobbler and Norlund, and 3 rows of onions.

Also pruned the grapes, apples and plum trees. My prize peach tree is loaded with pink-red blooms which are opening and the native bees are working the blooms already. Need to do another antifungal spray as I dont want to loose the whole crop to brown rot again this year. If the blooms are any indicator I will have a bumper crop of white peaches.

No sign of asparagus yet but they should start popping their heads up any time now.

I have a lot of weeding and mulching to do yet and finish taking down fencing/trellis from last season in the main plot. It is that busy time of the year again.

axhandle March 19th, 2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 907192)
Had beautiful weather this weekend and got quite a bit done. Made one more pass over my patch with the tiller then planted the English peas (wando) 20 lbs of seed potatoes Irish Cobbler and Norlund, and 3 rows of onions.

Also pruned the grapes, apples and plum trees. My prize peach tree is loaded with pink-red blooms which are opening and the native bees are working the blooms already. Need to do another antifungal spray as I dont want to loose the whole crop to brown rot again this year. If the blooms are any indicator I will have a bumper crop of white peaches.

No sign of asparagus yet but they should start popping their heads up any time now.

I have a lot of weeding and mulching to do yet and finish taking down fencing/trellis from last season in the main plot. It is that busy time of the year again.

Mornin, Jeff.

You be 'Tha Busy Man there, yes perfect weather been mid '70's here for a week now.

Daughter came over yesterday, SIL asked if he could till the garden, he love's that Troy Built of mine.Then he began taking down a tree in the back.Told Daughter, you are lucky to get him, not many out there like him today.She reported their Asparagus is some 3" out of the ground now, and I said well, where is my pound?--chuckle-apparently a truckload has popped up since last year.

Going to plant some Wandos and Little Marvels--found my German Johnson tomato (thought 'Missus had thrown them out-:) seeds from last year, they are superb!, and if anyone has not eaten one, thay will transport them back to the '50's when tomatos were tomatos.(They have some connection/lineage to Mortgage Lifters).

axhandle March 19th, 2012 08:27 AM

3 Attachment(s)
BTW--Reading in Blacksmith book the weekend, got reminded of borax, cleaner/flux in heat welding--sparked off some memories--

T.V. series in the 50's,"Death Valley Days" " sponsored by "20 Mule Team Borax"

Garlicluvr March 19th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 907200)
Mornin, Jeff.

You be 'Tha Busy Man there, yes perfect weather been mid '70's here for a week now.

Daughter came over yesterday, SIL asked if he could till the garden, he love's that Troy Built of mine.Then he began taking down a tree in the back.Told Daughter, you are lucky to get him, not many out there like him today.She reported their Asparagus is some 3" out of the ground now, and I said well, where is my pound?--chuckle-apparently a truckload has popped up since last year.

Going to plant some Wandos and Little Marvels--found my German Johnson tomato (thought 'Missus had thrown them out-:) seeds from last year, they are superb!, and if anyone has not eaten one, thay will transport them back to the '50's when tomatos were tomatos.(They have some connection/lineage to Mortgage Lifters).

Ax: Tell Daughter to hold on to him not many out there willing to work like that today.

I may try to find German Johnson around here may take a break from starting my own maters and peppers this year too many irons in the fire already. There are some farmers markets nearby with some who sell heirlooms and even see some of the more popular ones at the farm store, Cherokee Purple and Brandywine.

Garlicluvr March 19th, 2012 09:41 AM

I use borax for forge welding flux works good and cheap and readily available.

Nice vintage pics.

axhandle March 19th, 2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 907234)
Ax: Tell Daughter to hold on to him not many out there willing to work like that today.

I may try to find German Johnson around here may take a break from starting my own maters and peppers this year too many irons in the fire already. There are some farmers markets nearby with some who sell heirlooms and even see some of the more popular ones at the farm store, Cherokee Purple and Brandywine.

Yep--Will send you some GJ's if they sprout-- only then.

Cherokee Purples--Get them All!--superb,taste and harvest---

Ajla March 19th, 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 907183)
Aj!--Glad you are back, and trust you had a good trip, and hope the weather was nice there in Sunny Spain-:)Noticed Valencia is having the Festival of Fire this week, all week--Wow!
I certainly appreciate the thought and time on Maja, ---P.M. me your E-mail address and I will go from there, and I do insist on returning the favor--

Glad you safely returned---

I'll think of something, don't worry! ;)
The weather was good, and the food, and the people,
only Chiara was missing!

axhandle March 19th, 2012 10:36 AM

7 Attachment(s)
"Offiicially Spring!"

Ajla March 20th, 2012 10:08 AM

I know what I want! I bought a roll-on deodorant once in the States: Tussy Original, with a beautiful clove smell. Now, if you could find that?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_DSCN1596.jpg

axhandle March 20th, 2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 907647)
I know what I want! I bought a roll-on deodorant once in the States: Tussy Original, with a beautiful clove smell. Now, if you could find that?

http://i890.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_DSCN1596.jpg

If still made,--it's will be yours.

That pic(Spain), my kinda place:)---Ruins to be explored, harsh, yet manageable--Give me 5 days Rations, drop me off and come back on the 5th. day to pick me up--Fantastic Pic, Aj, --ruins of the past, natural flora,history and appreciation--- --preserved

Ajla March 21st, 2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 907748)
If still made,--it's will be yours.

That pic(Spain), my kinda place:)---Ruins to be explored, harsh, yet manageable--Give me 5 days Rations, drop me off and come back on the 5th. day to pick me up--Fantastic Pic, Aj, --ruins of the past, natural flora,history and appreciation--- --preserved

Honestly! You're never satisfied, you want rations too? :D
Haven't received mail or PM yet, and Maja is getting impatient! ;)

FritzDaKat March 22nd, 2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 907204)
BTW--Reading in Blacksmith book the weekend, got reminded of borax, cleaner/flux in heat welding--sparked off some memories--

T.V. series in the 50's,"Death Valley Days" " sponsored by "20 Mule Team Borax"

I got to walk around where that Company started when I was out there. :D

Ajla March 25th, 2012 10:36 AM

Ax? I didn't hear anything of a walk about. Hope you're OK?

axhandle March 25th, 2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 909343)
Ax? I didn't hear anything of a walk about. Hope you're OK?

Just got back in Fri. night--:)--

E-mail on the way--Thanks--post some pics tomorrow.

axhandle March 25th, 2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 908520)
I got to walk around where that Company started when I was out there. :D

I thought you might have been The Old Ranger--or the Lone Ranger--:D

Gads can't imagine--no wonder called Death Valley--

FritzDaKat March 26th, 2012 12:46 AM

The sad thing of it is all these folks you hear of dying in the crossing of it only did so cuz' they gave out on digging their wells, most times now that well is found mere 3-10' deeper than how far they went.

axhandle March 26th, 2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 909571)
The sad thing of it is all these folks you hear of dying in the crossing of it only did so cuz' they gave out on digging their wells, most times now that well is found mere 3-10' deeper than how far they went.

A few years back, documentary--said must have at least 1 qt of water per hr,and I believe that was driving a vehicle!--

c. '53 Dad ordered a model kit (20 Mule Team)--something like $1.00 and two Proofs of Purchase, we worked on it forever--few years back friend sent me the instructions, origional,--reminded me of those hours trying to get the Mule Team back on the road--:)

axhandle March 27th, 2012 02:37 PM

"Mossy" over Burma--Twin Rolls, a Pilot who has been Pushed to the Edge.

axhandle March 27th, 2012 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910157)
"Mossy" over Burma--Twin Rolls, a Pilot who has been Pushed to the Edge.

Greg Peck--Did one of the most outstanding films of the decade, and forward--

axhandle March 27th, 2012 02:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910160)
Greg Peck--Did one of the most outstanding films of the decade, and forward--

For --Non-beliivers-- I might add--U-tube--"First Meeting With Anna"--and thence--Back Into the Cockpit--

It's "Spit" Cockpit but , until I find a Mossy--- it will do.:)

FritzDaKat March 27th, 2012 10:06 PM

Ax, I know you're not much of a Gamer most likely but give your love and passion for flight, I have to recommend you invest in this "Game",,, and the extra HOTAS flight controls, I'd recommend the Saitek X45 as a solid mid-range controller to get you in the air.

http://www.ubi.com/us/games/info.aspx?pid=5163

Ajla March 28th, 2012 02:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 909395)
Just got back in Fri. night--:)--

E-mail on the way--Thanks--post some pics tomorrow.

She's on her way!

axhandle March 28th, 2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 910333)
She's on her way!

Getting my Flamenco Boots out---:D---I love that music, fiery,--it makes my blood boil--:D

axhandle March 28th, 2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 910301)
Ax, I know you're not much of a Gamer most likely but give your love and passion for flight, I have to recommend you invest in this "Game",,, and the extra HOTAS flight controls, I'd recommend the Saitek X45 as a solid mid-range controller to get you in the air.

http://www.ubi.com/us/games/info.aspx?pid=5163

Fritz, you are a prize!
Everything I have won't run with the computer I have now, yes I flew a lot--even an earlier version of the Stormovik.
Favorites MiG-29 and SU-27--both programs I had were writtin in consultation with ex-Russian AF Pilots, talk about detail!

The SU-27 had no problem with take off's and Furballs--however landing--must have turned ? how many into trillions of Rubles of scrap metal--:D

Thanks for post I am way behind on whats out there.---Ax.

axhandle March 28th, 2012 11:06 AM

6 Attachment(s)
What in Thunder --posted pics of recent Short Walkabout--not there--soooo--
1.View from the Terrace--Mississippi River.
2.Tugs , passing.
3.The Pusher-- fighting a very strong current.
4.Abode for two days.
5."Graceland"--Elvis Presly.
6.Beale Street --Downtown Memphis.

axhandle March 28th, 2012 11:12 AM

Found out , that the "Memphis Belle", was out on Mud Island,-- one if not the most, had been re-located to Dayton Ohio--She was purchased in WWII by the citizens of Memphis, given to USAAF.

axhandle March 28th, 2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910455)
What in Thunder --posted pics of recent Short Walkabout--not there--soooo--
1.View from the Terrace--Mississippi River.
2.Tugs , passing.
3.The Pusher-- fighting a very strong current.
4.Abode for two days.
5."Graceland"--Elvis Presly.
6.Beale Street --Downtown Memphis.

Gads, I'm tired--today boiled up 6 eggs yesterday, opened a can of tuna--dashed in my favorite spices--(Sweet Basil-etc)--and let it age.

Trip-- (Onboard Computer)

611 miles, average speed --48.2 MPH.
Time in the Saddle--11hrs:45 minutes:36 seconds.
Mileage --26.2-- pretty good, I'd say most of travel was Interstate at 80--85 MPH.

Highest gas price-N.Miss, $4.01 per gallon, have to use Premium--trip average --$3.83 a gallon.

springfever March 28th, 2012 08:39 PM

Ax, we have been going to Memphis quite a bit for dh's appointments. I had family that lived there many years ago, my cousins husband and Elvis were friends. The first time I talked to him on the phone, I thought it was a joke. He said he was Elvis and I thought, yea, right and my smart aleck, teenager self kicked in and I said, yea and I'm Queen Elizabeth! Imagine my embarassment when I found out it was really Elvis. I apologized and he was really sweet about it.

axhandle March 29th, 2012 07:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 910604)
Ax, we have been going to Memphis quite a bit for dh's appointments. I had family that lived there many years ago, my cousins husband and Elvis were friends. The first time I talked to him on the phone, I thought it was a joke. He said he was Elvis and I thought, yea, right and my smart aleck, teenager self kicked in and I said, yea and I'm Queen Elizabeth! Imagine my embarassment when I found out it was really Elvis. I apologized and he was really sweet about it.

That is neat Spring!---many would love to have had such a contact.

Attached, Tupelo Birthplace and Graceland again for comparison.
True American, and Rags to Riches story.

redneckplanter March 29th, 2012 08:53 AM

rock and roll

axhandle March 29th, 2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 910737)
rock and roll

Mornin, Plant--gonna have a Passle of acorns here before long--ship some out to you --gratis, owe Pepper some also.

G'daughter and I came across a Scaly Bark? Oak up at the walking track, native natural--talk about acorns!

Garlicluvr March 29th, 2012 10:02 AM

Ax: finally have the first few spears of asparagus poking their heads up.

I saw on Yahoo news this morning that Jeep built a couple of concept vehicles based on 1960's models pretty neat looking both of them. Wish they would put the smaller pick-up one in regular production would like to have one.

How are things in Bama, weather is beautiful here but I am Just getting over a sinus cold so a bit foggy and stuffed up. Virus is going around here and this one starts with sinus drip and sore throat then progresses to full blown head cold with fever, then moves on down to chest cold/coughing up phlegm. No fun glad I am on the downslope.

Been seeing more Wings on ebay even had a groves spitfire or two almost bid on one but am waiting for that one that has everything I want.

Jeff

axhandle March 29th, 2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 910774)
Ax: finally have the first few spears of asparagus poking their heads up.

I saw on Yahoo news this morning that Jeep built a couple of concept vehicles based on 1960's models pretty neat looking both of them. Wish they would put the smaller pick-up one in regular production would like to have one.

How are things in Bama, weather is beautiful here but I am Just getting over a sinus cold so a bit foggy and stuffed up. Virus is going around here and this one starts with sinus drip and sore throat then progresses to full blown head cold with fever, then moves on down to chest cold/coughing up phlegm. No fun glad I am on the downslope.

Been seeing more Wings on ebay even had a groves spitfire or two almost bid on one but am waiting for that one that has everything I want.

Jeff

Mornin Jeff,

Talk about sinuses, yep--had to close up shop at 0830, today, pollen count > 9000, normal about 2500.Sneezed so much,and eyes almost swelled shut, anti histamines --may have just as well drank some water--it's heck this time.

'Missus reports--much URI, dropping down to chest (Bronchi),---Uh, Oh ,Says I --
H.Influenzae and Mycoplasma is waiting- as long as the phleghm is clear/--O.K.--if colored --yellow/Green/Red or opaque--get to Doc.

'Missus decided to cut down some Hedges , the weekend--end part 1..

axhandle March 29th, 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910786)
Mornin Jeff,

Talk about sinuses, yep--had to close up shop at 0830, today, pollen count > 9000, normal about 2500.Sneezed so much,and eyes almost swelled shut, anti histamines --may have just as well drank some water--it's heck this time.

'Missus reports--much URI, dropping down to chest (Bronchi),---Uh, Oh ,Says I --
H.Influenzae and Mycoplasma is waiting- as long as the phleghm is clear/--O.K.--if colored --yellow/Green/Red or opaque--get to Doc.

'Missus decided to cut down some Hedges , the weekend--end part 1..

Part 2.

I was looking over some of the prime stuff,(Bows), all of a sudden "What are you doing?"---she likes to push getting 'Things" --done--chuckle.

"Catching my breath and looking at the similarities between common Hedge and English Yew", "Some pretty good arrows here in this pile"--

Eventually we both laughed, hard---:)

axhandle March 29th, 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910790)
Part 2.

I was looking over some of the prime stuff,(Bows), all of a sudden "What are you doing?"---she likes to push getting 'Things" --done--chuckle.

"Catching my breath and looking at the similarities between common Hedge and English Yew", "Some pretty good arrows here in this pile"--

Eventually we both laughed, hard---:)

Light Bulb clicked on--no wonder such allergy---Hedge Bush Pollen--the worst--Thanks, Jeff for reminder--supposed to rain tomorrow, and maybe that will help.

axhandle March 29th, 2012 01:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rather "Rash Day"--pollen --worst --, overcast --rain tomorrow--Hmmm--

"Mogambo"--Grace Kelly--one of the most striking to be put on the Silver Screen.

Greg Peck--"The Purple Plain"--

And who can forget Mr.Allnut and "Mam"---The African Queen"

"Mr.Allnut!!, "Do you know where we are?!!"--"No Mam"--chuckle.

axhandle March 29th, 2012 01:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910851)
Rather "Rash Day"--pollen --worst --, overcast --rain tomorrow--Hmmm--

"Mogambo"--Grace Kelly--one of the most striking to be put on the Silver Screen.

Greg Peck--"The Purple Plain"--

And who can forget Mr.Allnut and "Mam"---The African Queen"

"Mr.Allnut!!, "Do you know where we are?!!"--"No Mam"--chuckle.

addendum

springfever March 29th, 2012 09:24 PM

I always wanted to be Katherine Hepburn. What a woman, beautiful, smart, sassy, beyond talented, take no prisoners! When I tell my cousin that, she says, You made it. (smile) good to have someone like that in your life, huh? She says that with our background we did good to survive, I say, nope, I want more than that , I want to over come!!

axhandle March 30th, 2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 910987)
I always wanted to be Katherine Hepburn. What a woman, beautiful, smart, sassy, beyond talented, take no prisoners! When I tell my cousin that, she says, You made it. (smile) good to have someone like that in your life, huh? She says that with our background we did good to survive, I say, nope, I want more than that , I want to over come!!

Kate was a trip--thats for sure.

One of my projects , never will get it done--a full scale copy of the African Queen--complete with steam engine---fun, fun.:)

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 08:25 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The weekend, what a killer--

But went down to local Car Show--rural--half mile down the road.

My Pick--1957 Chevrolet--origional--how it got preserved in such immaculate condition, I'd like to know!

Friend, an Oracle on automotive, said---it's origional"

"What do you think, about $30,000?", --'Try starting at $60,000"

Pretty good sense of preservation -- found in rural areas--, and to add-- a live band.

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 08:37 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 912210)
The weekend, what a killer--

But went down to local Car Show--rural--half mile down the road.

My Pick--1957 Chevrolet--origional--how it got preserved in such immaculate condition, I'd like to know!

Friend, an Oracle on automotive, said---it's origional"

"What do you think, about $30,000?", --'Try starting at $60,000"

Pretty good sense of preservation -- found in rural areas--, and to add-- a live band.

I voted --most unusual--(Friends car)--

Nash with a 350 Chev engine--he lost me on the frame configuration.

Old Timers --Best in Show--'55 Chevy truck, with the indestructible "Blue Flame" (Stovebolt) 6 cylinder, fellow who owned it was there in a lawn chair, about 80 yrs old, and I didn't dare bring up Alabama Football, notice the Auburn Tiger at the steering wheel--

Another favorite '56 Victoria with T'Bird engine.

'The Band --and good!, I might add.

"Pickin and a Sigin, and Dinner on the Ground"--Come on Down--:)

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 08:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Left out the Nash--

Garlicluvr April 2nd, 2012 08:42 AM

That 57 is a beauty Ax. Love the curves, the instruments and dash, the big and simple interior. Dont make them like that anymore.

Went to check fluids etc on my wifes car the other day Volvo S80, Engine compartment is so crammed I dont think there is an inch of unused space in there, hope I dont have to work on it anytime soon as it is not easy access to much of anything. Heck even to do the oil change I have to remove a plastic undercarriage panel to get to the filter and drain plug.

To do anything you have to remove and set aside two or three other things that are in the way. And I thought changing out the water pump on my 1970's jeep was a chore because every other component from AC compressor to alternator, power steering pump etc had at least one or two bolts going through the water pump. Job took me a whole day around 7 to 8 hours. At least I could get my hand down in front of and around anything in that engine (buick big block 350).

Garlicluvr April 2nd, 2012 08:46 AM

Now that you showed me the rest Ax 57 is still the favorite car but I love those old pick-ups especially with the straight six (bulletproof), that would be my pick If I could pick just one.

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 912224)
That 57 is a beauty Ax. Love the curves, the instruments and dash, the big and simple interior. Dont make them like that anymore.

Went to check fluids etc on my wifes car the other day Volvo S80, Engine compartment is so crammed I dont think there is an inch of unused space in there, hope I dont have to work on it anytime soon as it is not easy access to much of anything. Heck even to do the oil change I have to remove a plastic undercarriage panel to get to the filter and drain plug.

To do anything you have to remove and set aside two or three other things that are in the way. And I thought changing out the water pump on my 1970's jeep was a chore because every other component from AC compressor to alternator, power steering pump etc had at least one or two bolts going through the water pump. Job took me a whole day around 7 to 8 hours. At least I could get my hand down in front of and around anything in that engine (buick big block 350).

Jeff--if you and I had won the recent lottery--no holding back!-:)

It was "Good Times " then--"Vacation" was working to pay for this Iron,Panama City , Fla.

Yep I'd fire half the so called Engineers.

Had a SAAB 5yrs ago, absolutely superb,(Aircraft Incorporations), weak point --Borg Warner automatic transmission--Loved It.

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 912228)
Now that you showed me the rest Ax 57 is still the favorite car but I love those old pick-ups especially with the straight six (bulletproof), that would be my pick If I could pick just one.

Best choice--

"Chevrolet had the best 6 (The 'Blueflame', Ford had the V-8"

I still see it--our '39--Chev. engine, "Oil Breather"--caught dust , grit etc. attached to a one barrel carb, had Vacuum Shift--which was converted to manual--First car and many memories---

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 912334)
Best choice--

"Chevrolet had the best 6 (The 'Blueflame', Ford had the V-8"

I still see it--our '39--Chev. engine, "Oil Breather"--caught dust , grit etc. attached to a one barrel carb, had Vacuum Shift--which was converted to manual--First car and many memories---

P.S. Daughter reports that the garlic, thanks to you, is up and thriving, gave them one bud of each, and told them--Sicilian Silver--Thanks--Ax.

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 11:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aj,

"Navigating" the back streets, at a leisure, a week ago, I chanced upon, a little shop--bought a packet, recogonized vintage handsoap collection, from the past world traveler, that caught my eye, and guess what--(Inside not visible at purchase)---

Garlicluvr April 2nd, 2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 912343)
P.S. Daughter reports that the garlic, thanks to you, is up and thriving, gave them one bud of each, and told them--Sicilian Silver--Thanks--Ax.

Glad to hear it is doing well Ax. Garlic really is pretty easy, plant, mulch and forget until the next June. You can fertilize a bit in the spring if you want but if soil is already very rich in organic matter, manure etc it is not necessary.

axhandle April 2nd, 2012 12:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Buckeye Bush--produces Buckeyes, it's wild, can't eat the end product , but carry one in the Pocket--it's "Good Luck".

springfever April 2nd, 2012 11:34 PM

I accidently found one by the river and picked some, now I can't find it again, but it was such a little gift and I'd never seen one and I picked several buckeyes to share with friends. Glad you showed the pictures, I might just have to look again!

Ajla April 3rd, 2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 912367)
Aj,

"Navigating" the back streets, at a leisure, a week ago, I chanced upon, a little shop--bought a packet, recogonized vintage handsoap collection, from the past world traveler, that caught my eye, and guess what--(Inside not visible at purchase)---

You found her! Great! But her updated version should be there any too now!
Does the Buckeye develope conkers too?

axhandle April 3rd, 2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 912682)
I accidently found one by the river and picked some, now I can't find it again, but it was such a little gift and I'd never seen one and I picked several buckeyes to share with friends. Glad you showed the pictures, I might just have to look again!

May take some more , the light wasn't just right, the blooms are very pretty.

axhandle April 3rd, 2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 912697)
You found her! Great! But her updated version should be there any too now!
Does the Buckeye develope conkers too?

Should be a day or so , can't wait,still on the trail of your item.

Yes it makes conkers,:) and I've been hit with several; got two last year you know they bring luck if you carry one around---I think I will carry a sackful about--:D

Ajla April 4th, 2012 09:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 912762)
Should be a day or so , can't wait,still on the trail of your item.

Yes it makes conkers,:) and I've been hit with several; got two last year you know they bring luck if you carry one around---I think I will carry a sackful about--:D

They say here that you should put a conker in your pocket if you suffer from reumatism.
Did you play conkers when young????

axhandle April 4th, 2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 913320)
They say here that you should put a conker in your pocket if you suffer from reumatism.

Aj, you have me again--:)

Didn't know about the Rheumatism aspects--thanks.

"Conkers, or getting Conked means , here:

Getting hit in the head with and acorn or rock, and --spirits, forbid getting hit by a Buckeye Ball--!.

I do recall that many carried them around, and even necklaces worn for??--now I know another reason--RA.

Conked also means --Too much Jenevers, and Hard Work---"I'm Conked Out. going to Bed ":)

I am assured of Majla arriving soon, another day or so--

axhandle April 4th, 2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 913320)

P.S. Is that a Conker Tree-(Buckeye)- they only grow about 5 ft tall here ???

axhandle April 4th, 2012 12:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
'Bout 85F here, door neighbor is already spraying, for bugs, garden already up--

The Winter--never came here, only two Fireplaces lit.--Bad Bug Season., ahead, mosquitos already out--wh

Ajla April 5th, 2012 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 913340)
P.S. Is that a Conker Tree-(Buckeye)- they only grow about 5 ft tall here ???

There is a Horse Chestnut, that is often planted along lanes!
The one with red flowers is grafted and has no conkers.
You didn't play conkers then?

axhandle April 5th, 2012 10:13 AM

Ah, Ha now the Plot Thickens--Horse Chestnuts--yes -now I recall--

axhandle April 5th, 2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 913669)
Ah, Ha now the Plot Thickens--Horse Chestnuts--yes -now I recall--

As received, Aj, --"Always comes up with something of Merit"--Now it's Conkers and Shoen, which I am way far behind on--Maple, Cherry --or both? Fur Diese Schoen?----of course Aj, am allways ready for a Diversion.:)

Back on the School Ground, 3rd grade, (1954)the oaks dropped many acorns--Conkers--couldn't wait to get outside and have an Acorn Battle--Maybe thats where my Pitching Arm(Baseball) came from?--chuckle.

After much Escalation, between Rivals --slingshots were absolutely "forbidden--on School Grounds!"--I'd give a Kings Ransom to go back then-----

axhandle April 5th, 2012 06:01 PM

'Missus said a week ago, Blackberries are blooming, cold snap within a week now--Blackberry Winter--

springfever April 5th, 2012 10:04 PM

She is right.

Ajla April 6th, 2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 913675)
As received, Aj, --"Always comes up with something of Merit"--Now it's Conkers and Shoen, which I am way far behind on--Maple, Cherry --or both? Fur Diese Schoen?----of course Aj, am allways ready for a Diversion.:)

Back on the School Ground, 3rd grade, (1954)the oaks dropped many acorns--Conkers--couldn't wait to get outside and have an Acorn Battle--Maybe thats where my Pitching Arm(Baseball) came from?--chuckle.

After much Escalation, between Rivals --slingshots were absolutely "forbidden--on School Grounds!"--I'd give a Kings Ransom to go back then-----

Poplar for the clogs!
Maja must be tangoing along the way, little hussy! :)

FritzDaKat April 8th, 2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 910362)
Fritz, you are a prize!
Everything I have won't run with the computer I have now, yes I flew a lot--even an earlier version of the Stormovik.
Favorites MiG-29 and SU-27--both programs I had were writtin in consultation with

Well fyi, I ran my install of the first edition using the Saitek X45 HOTAS controller ($125ish?)

PC was a 3.Ghz P4, 384 MB of RDRAM and a Nvid Ti4400 off a small raptor hard drive and running 98se off a generic Samsung drive.

Whole basic rig could be had now at the Good will for about $50 I'd imagine but the HOTAS stick will still cost you.

Wiki has a nice "Flyables list" to drool over, and even the latest release of the game isn't much more taxing than the original version.

Game lets you build whatever sort of missions you want, Air to Air, Air to sea or land against hard and soft targets,,, totally adjustable if you want to sink the Bismark, you really can, or just aim for the PT boats around it if you want,,,

Ever want to perform a strafe run on a row of Tiger tanks in a P-51? You can do that too, again and again and again.

But be careful of climbing too high or you will stall out, and at max drop speed, some planes will actually get their wings sheared off as a result of drag. Awesome awesome awesome game. BUT nearly impossible to simply rely on a keyboard to fly without a few months of working at it,,, But I have won a few dogfights with the old WSAD and arrow key approach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IL-2_Sturmovik_(video_game)

axhandle April 9th, 2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 914737)
Well fyi, I ran my install of the first edition using the Saitek X45 HOTAS controller ($125ish?)

PC was a 3.Ghz P4, 384 MB of RDRAM and a Nvid Ti4400 off a small raptor hard drive and running 98se off a generic Samsung drive.

Whole basic rig could be had now at the Good will for about $50 I'd imagine but the HOTAS stick will still cost you.

Wiki has a nice "Flyables list" to drool over, and even the latest release of the game isn't much more taxing than the original version.

Game lets you build whatever sort of missions you want, Air to Air, Air to sea or land against hard and soft targets,,, totally adjustable if you want to sink the Bismark, you really can, or just aim for the PT boats around it if you want,,,

Ever want to perform a strafe run on a row of Tiger tanks in a P-51? You can do that too, again and again and again.

But be careful of climbing too high or you will stall out, and at max drop speed, some planes will actually get their wings sheared off as a result of drag. Awesome awesome awesome game. BUT nearly impossible to simply rely on a keyboard to fly without a few months of working at it,,, But I have won a few dogfights with the old WSAD and arrow key approach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IL-2_Sturmovik_(video_game)

Fritz, this is my kinda stuff!I have one of my older programs, it was done up by Chuck Yaeger--Fly the Phantom, Thud, Mig17 or 23, also some WWII's(Try getting a FW-190 off the ground-:)

Another is SU-27--ex-pilot collaboration-said will stall at xxxxx? forgot number, so I took it up---sure as the Sun--stalled and went into a flat spin--which they describe how to get out of one--which I did. Rather harrowing, because at a certain altitude Putch!, Putch!--comes in over the headphones--Russian for --Bail Out!--:D

Thanx--Ax.

axhandle April 9th, 2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 914063)
Poplar for the clogs!
Maja must be tangoing along the way, little hussy! :)

Poplar it is!
Guess who came , Saturday!---and exactly, as I remember---Much thanksand as promised reciprocation--.

The mold, I remember your post on the big ones, and yes --another idea, goes along with the Die Vroon card--

Indebted to you --

P.S. Out of the 8 tulip bulbs from last year , appears that only 2 will make it--but maybe they are the strongest and next -at least 4 of each.

Ax

redneckplanter April 10th, 2012 12:46 AM

the world is alive right now.ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.smiles