IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 4th, 2010 09:51 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 564454)
Well, I didn't feel too great today and had a headache on the right side of my temple. Getting better.
Ax, you are so not expendable!!
Going back to my baking soda and vinegar for cleaning bathrooms!!
Isn't it odd that things like this happen when we are not at our best? I've noticed that. I've had kind of a bad week due to some decisions that had to be made that I am not entirely in agreement with. I'll get over it, but a bit upset now. I need to change my focus to the things that I am thankful for and not the one thing that is upsetting me.

Sometimes one can't get something off their mind--I know about that.
If you start getting any lung congestion--go see Doc--:)

axhandle July 4th, 2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 564537)
Happy 4th to you Ax be safe . went to bed last night about 0100 woke up at 0300 the dreams are back sat in my chair for a couple of hours then went down and made some lifer juice didnt want to watch tv so started reading about the Greeks in xenophens classic (the ten thousand ) wow a little dry at first .be safe

I relate , Pep--some Gremlins (mildy put) , of our past just don't seem to want to leave us alone.
Have to look up the 10,000 sounds interesting.
Have a good 4th--earned it, and give Hooch a pat.

Ax

axhandle July 4th, 2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 564589)
I had to look it up too :o (July 4th) Do you do anything special?
Here I think the queen's birthday is the most pleasant national holiday.
I don't even recognize the persons with the medals? :confused:

Ajla--the Grand Lady on the right is Beatrix--she gave the fellow- Hollands highest civilian medal.(Civilian Medal of Honor)
I gave one to you for sending me the link on Ships.
Am I having a ball with it.

The Vermeer made me hungry for home baked bread--whole wheat--next week--and I'm in the Kuche'.:)!!!

axhandle July 4th, 2010 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
4th--My Flag

axhandle July 4th, 2010 10:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 564599)
I relate , Pep--some Gremlins (mildy put) , of our past just don't seem to want to leave us alone.
Have to look up the 10,000 sounds interesting.
Have a good 4th--earned it, and give Hooch a pat.

Ax

A bit of a tribute to you Pep---Hang In---Ax

Pepper July 4th, 2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 564624)
A bit of a tribute to you Pep---Hang In---Ax

low combat jump already drop there equipment !

axhandle July 4th, 2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 564640)
low combat jump already drop there equipment !

Knew you would recognize / remember it--

Mook July 4th, 2010 06:08 PM

Ax,the walking stick is coming along.

Stained it yesterday...brown kiwi shoe polish.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/012-5.jpg

Need to finish the ends and polyurethane.I will holler back when it's finished.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/016-5.jpg

axhandle July 4th, 2010 06:46 PM

Gads Mook, didn't want you to go to trouble--what do you need--?--got to pay you somehow for it.
Beauty--

Ax

axhandle July 4th, 2010 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mook, You need one of these for your walks there in the mountains---Ciupaga--

The third from left.

Mook July 4th, 2010 07:09 PM

Those are nice...to fancy for me.I will just use my old black birch stick...had it for 6 years now.We did cut 2 wild cherry sticks along with the the one we cut for you...wife said we need his & hers walking sticks.I didn't argue...lol.

axhandle July 4th, 2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 564822)
Those are nice...to fancy for me.I will just use my old black birch stick...had it for 6 years now.We did cut 2 wild cherry sticks along with the the one we cut for you...wife said we need his & hers walking sticks.I didn't argue...lol.

chuckle--Good 'Whittlin---Ax

Ajla July 5th, 2010 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 564601)
Ajla--the Grand Lady on the right is Beatrix--she gave the fellow- Hollands highest civilian medal.(Civilian Medal of Honor)
I gave one to you for sending me the link on Ships.
Am I having a ball with it.

The Vermeer made me hungry for home baked bread--whole wheat--next week--and I'm in the Kuche'.:)!!!

Are you kidding me, or did you post a wrong pic? No Herb or Bea in there! :confused:

Had a good Independence Day?

axhandle July 5th, 2010 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 564968)
Are you kidding me, or did you post a wrong pic? No Herb or Bea in there! :confused:

Had a good Independence Day?

Guess they captioned the pic in error--Idea was, I gave you the medal--:)

The day was well--much going on--I live in a rural area and lots of fireworks.
G'daughter had her B'day on the 2nd so that was celebration enough for me.
Have you picked up the details in the Vermeer?,such a detailed painter.
--will post a bit later.

Am stumbling thru Dutch language on the link--but pictures say a thousand words--:)

Ajla July 5th, 2010 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 564979)
Guess they captioned the pic in error--Idea was, I gave you the medal--:)

The day was well--much going on--I live in a rural area and lots of fireworks.
G'daughter had her B'day on the 2nd so that was celebration enough for me.
Have you picked up the details in the Vermeer?,such a detailed painter.
--will post a bit later.

Am stumbling thru Dutch language on the link--but pictures say a thousand words--:)

Keep clicking on the links, and you'll go far! Of course I'm here on standby too, in case you need help? :)
Did you bake bread yet? Getting hungry looking at pictures! Such a nice crust!

axhandle July 5th, 2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 564985)
Keep clicking on the links, and you'll go far! Of course I'm here on standby too, in case you need help? :)
Did you bake bread yet? Getting hungry looking at pictures! Such a nice crust!

Appreciate the help and I will--

Isn't that bread the epitome--I used to cook and bake a lot , and when I looked at the bread and milk---tomorrow---got to get some special flower--:)

axhandle July 5th, 2010 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm hungry!!

Ajla July 6th, 2010 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 565017)
I'm hungry!!

You can get your flour at De Kroon!
Do you recognize the foot stool too?

axhandle July 6th, 2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 565676)
You can get your flour at De Kroon!
Do you recognize the foot stool too?

I can, about 20 miles away is a watermill---built around 1850's and grinds each day.--nothing better--slow, stone ground--will post a pic.
The nearest Kroon is in Williamsburg, Virginia, but it's only for show.

The stool?--Wo?--is it in the Milkmaid Painting?

Ajla July 6th, 2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 565715)
I can, about 20 miles away is a watermill---built around 1850's and grinds each day.--nothing better--slow, stone ground--will post a pic.
The nearest Kroon is in Williamsburg, Virginia, but it's only for show.

The stool?--Wo?--is it in the Milkmaid Painting?

Yep!

axhandle July 6th, 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 565719)
Yep!

"You have me for "The Moment"--the stool--;):)

ovenbird July 6th, 2010 12:52 PM

Really nice looking walking stick. Mook got skills! But I like my Leki spring action walking poles.

Mook July 6th, 2010 08:59 PM

Ax,the wife and I finished the walking stick...we hope you like it.I need your mailing address so we can get in the mail.You can send it to me in an email if you want at [email]mikewt58@yahoo.com. Consider it a gift from the wife and I for serving and keeping the freedom that we all share in this great country we call the U.S.A.Thank you,Mike and Sheila.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/028-2.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/029-2.jpg

Ajla July 7th, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 565859)
"You have me for "The Moment"--the stool--;):)

Not that stool! The one in the right bottom corner! To keep your feet warm!

axhandle July 7th, 2010 09:22 AM

Mook,
Am lost for words except --'indebted to 'E.
Will go on all of my Walkabouts with me, and already have a couple names --Little John or Friar Tuck--

E-mail out today---

Thanks Loads--and I always return favors---Ax.

axhandle July 7th, 2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 566444)
Not that stool! The one in the right bottom corner! To keep your feet warm!

So thats what that is---never have I seen one--

The detail is there--see the nail shadow and the missing window pane?

I love it----

I see differences in the shipbuilding techniques already--thanks again for the link---Having a ball---Ax.

Going to the Mill this week to get fresh ground meal and flour---Post a pic a little later---The Mill on the Floss;):)

Maeve July 7th, 2010 09:32 AM

awwww . . . Mook . . . how sweet! Good things CAN happen on the internet! Nice work too, looks really good!

Love My Garden July 7th, 2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566252)
Ax,the wife and I finished the walking stick...we hope you like it.I need your mailing address so we can get in the mail.You can send it to me in an email if you want at [email]mikewt58@yahoo.com. Consider it a gift from the wife and I for serving and keeping the freedom that we all share in this great country we call the U.S.A.Thank you,Mike and Sheila.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/028-2.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/029-2.jpg

Mook, what a beautiful walking stick, and what a beautiful gesture....I do wood crafting myself, what kind of wood is that? :D

w8in4dave July 7th, 2010 11:06 AM

How wonderful of you Mook!! It is a beautiful stick .... Your a nice guy....Well ax is also a wonderful person he deserves it ....Thank you Mook for being so kind to him ...

axhandle July 7th, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 566521)
How wonderful of you Mook!! It is a beautiful stick .... Your a nice guy....Well ax is also a wonderful person he deserves it ....Thank you Mook for being so kind to him ...

Mook is a "Good Guy", and anyone who differs---Take it up with Ax.!!!

My Krims are gone till next year Dave--too much heat.

axhandle July 7th, 2010 12:29 PM

0445---"Rise and Shine Ladies, Uncle Ho has been up two hours now"--Formation--0800--"Horse 'O 'Tha Day---PT Test!!", and while you are gone, those that went before you are going to rip your measly attempts at Paying Attention to Detail apart"

Part 1.

Mook July 7th, 2010 04:24 PM

Ax,probably something I did...couldn't find your email...can you try it again.

axhandle July 7th, 2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566696)
Ax,probably something I did...couldn't find your email...can you try it again.

Should be there in about 5 minutes--Ax

Mook July 7th, 2010 05:24 PM

Ax,got it...I will put it in the mail Monday...going to let it dry a few more days.

axhandle July 7th, 2010 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 566731)
Ax,got it...I will put it in the mail Monday...going to let it dry a few more days.

No problem ,Mook--take care of yourself---will be taking it down to the Gulf with me before long--Folks down there need help and I am going to lend a hand--directly.

Ax.

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ajla---John Wesley Halls Mill--still operates at the State Park, about 20 miles from me.
Slow Stone Ground.

The Flume comes in from the left and flows over the water wheel--powering the works.

Have a lot of B&W 6cm. format pics of it, spent the whole day taking pics of all aspects, of course buried somewhere--

Walking back across the bridge from the mill, fate dealt me the right scene and conditions for a pic--when I had the negatives printed, they wanted permission to post it their gallery permanently.

I said, "why not--the picture credit goes to--fate,not me;; I just tripped the shutter"

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Neat Town---

w8in4dave July 8th, 2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567168)
Ajla---John Wesley Halls Mill--still operates at the State Park, about 20 miles from me.
Slow Stone Ground.

The Flume comes in from the left and flows over the water wheel--powering the works.

Have a lot of B&W 6cm. format pics of it, spent the whole day taking pics of all aspects, of course buried somewhere--

Walking back across the bridge from the mill, fate dealt me the right scene and conditions for a pic--when I had the negatives printed, they wanted permission to post it their gallery permanently.

I said, "why not--the picture credit goes to--fate,not me;; I just tripped the shutter"

Beaitiful pic!!!

w8in4dave July 8th, 2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567179)
Neat Town---

What a cool pic.......Where do you and ajla come up with all these cool pics? Can you believe I cannot find my Camera ever since I came back from Ga. I will find it tho....Hopefully in one piece ................

Ajla July 8th, 2010 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567168)
Slow Stone Ground.

Lovely! I can hear the Floss! Pardon Flume!

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567185)
What a cool pic.......Where do you and ajla come up with all these cool pics? Can you believe I cannot find my Camera ever since I came back from Ga. I will find it tho....Hopefully in one piece ................

Dave, In my fathomless, absent mindedness--I lost my digital camera somewhere downstairs--Guess it's good enough excuse to go buy another one--;):)

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567188)
Lovely! I can hear the Floss! Pardon Flume!

AaaHaaa--Now I have it!!!

Thanks Ajla--next project for 'Tha 'Missus---:)

w8in4dave July 8th, 2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 566594)
0445---"Rise and Shine Ladies, Uncle Ho has been up two hours now"--Formation--0800--"Horse 'O 'Tha Day---PT Test!!", and while you are gone, those that went before you are going to rip your measly attempts at Paying Attention to Detail apart"

Part 1.

You get up so early because you have to ..... It is so hot there if you don't get up early to get stuff done it is to hot to do it during the day.....I can sleep in because it doesn't matter when I get stuff done :D except it is raining today nothing gets done outside....Except bringing in the folding chairs, and that job is done....Ohhhh w8 there is something...My tea I'd better go get that....I still have not made it to odd lots or big lots to find my tea... Can you believe it?

Ajla July 8th, 2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567179)
Neat Town---

Don't tell anybody, but I haven't even been there! :o

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567202)
You get up so early because you have to ..... It is so hot there if you don't get up early to get stuff done it is to hot to do it during the day.....I can sleep in because it doesn't matter when I get stuff done :D except it is raining today nothing gets done outside....Except bringing in the folding chairs, and that job is done....Ohhhh w8 there is something...My tea I'd better go get that....I still have not made it to odd lots or big lots to find my tea... Can you believe it?

Big Lots !!!!!!!!!!! My store--Love to peruse the shelves--much diversity--and tasty items that some say Ewww!- to--they just miss out--:)

Yeah, Happy Birthday always gets up early--fixed him a bit of overcover for the coming heat and installed a "Tiger Alarm " for his water

axhandle July 8th, 2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567205)
Don't tell anybody, but I haven't even been there! :o

But you have Ajla--and I would love to be there in that setting right now--

There are so many towns here like that--busy tranquilty, no malice, Life---

w8in4dave July 8th, 2010 09:56 AM

Yes it used to be called odd lots... but they changed it to Big lots.. I may look up and see where the closest one is here in Harrison....Make hubbs take me for a ride :D LOL .....Happy Birthday gets up early?? Who is Happy Birthday ? :D

axhandle July 8th, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567215)
Yes it used to be called odd lots... but they changed it to Big lots.. I may look up and see where the closest one is here in Harrison....Make hubbs take me for a ride :D LOL .....Happy Birthday gets up early?? Who is Happy Birthday ? :D

Happy Birthday is my Rooster, he gets up at 0530 every morning and wishes everyone happy brithday--errt-taa --rutt-ta--Rooster for Happy Birthday--

Fill that cart up--the chocolates from Belgium and Poland are--sublime--:) and the selection of Teas are beyong that--Save the wooden boxes they come in.

w8in4dave July 8th, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567232)
Happy Birthday is my Rooster, he gets up at 0530 every morning and wishes everyone happy brithday--errt-taa --rutt-ta--Rooster for Happy Birthday--

Fill that cart up--the chocolates from Belgium and Poland are--sublime--:) and the selection of Teas are beyong that--Save the wooden boxes they come in.

Cool name from for a chicken :D i am not much on chocolates but will look them up :D can give as gifts anyway ...I always save either tins or wooden boxes stuff comes in... Love that kind of stuff.. I have actually bought stuff because of what they came in .... box , bag, tin......

axhandle July 8th, 2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 567239)
Cool name from for a chicken :D i am not much on chocolates but will look them up :D can give as gifts anyway ...I always save either tins or wooden boxes stuff comes in... Love that kind of stuff.. I have actually bought stuff because of what they came in .... box , bag, tin......

Me too taking the time and expense of packaging things in a wooden box shows thought--and the product within.

Get some chocolates, pack in a few mothballs and send them to your favorite Outlaws for Xmas--chuckle--'Ur Hub is Polish, he knows what I mean:);)

axhandle July 8th, 2010 03:35 PM

Cat Head Bisquits

1and1/8 cup self rising flour
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

Mix and knead--about 30 seconds.
form into bisquit about the size of a --cats head-round on top

bake at 350 F in a lodge skillet for 20--25 min.

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

axhandle July 8th, 2010 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567468)
Cat Head Bisquits

2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Pic --Compliments of Ms.Delta.

axhandle July 8th, 2010 03:56 PM

Summer--write it down:

Heat Stroke:Hot, Dry, Skin--headache, dizziness, weakness, and rapid breathing and pulse.Severe cases--unconsciousness.

Heat Cramps: Severe cramps of the muscles of the abdomen and legs following overheating.

Prevention:--Increased salt and water consumption.

Two salt tablets (1/4 teaspoon) to each canteen of water.

Compliments of Uncle Sam--c'69.

Part 1

Ajla July 9th, 2010 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567199)
AaaHaaa--Now I have it!!!

Thanks Ajla--next project for 'Tha 'Missus---:)

It holds an earthenware pot in winter, with hot cinders.

Just rambling: La'ash---L'hache----The ax------

grapenut July 9th, 2010 03:30 AM

Quote:

Cat Head Bisquits

2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Now that sounds yummy! every time I try all I get is a dense loaf and I just know it must be something simple, that I'm doing wrong.

grapenut July 9th, 2010 03:34 AM

I try about 5 times a year to make bread or rolls, but for some reason it just won't work for me. it rises about half way then stops', WHY!

axhandle July 9th, 2010 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 567728)
It holds an earthenware pot in winter, with hot cinders.

Just rambling: La'ash---L'hache----The ax------

Most interesting Ajla:

La'ash is Vulcan--a ficticious (yet existing) language that grew out of Star Trek series.

Vulcan--La'ash--Axe
L'hache---The axe-------is it not interesting very similar spelling, two languages meaning the same thing.!!!--I love linguistics.

My next question was going to be--but you have already answered it--what was the foot warmer made out of---I would have never known what is was--learn something from you every day---La'ash---chuckle.:)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grapenut (Post 567768)
I try about 5 times a year to make bread or rolls, but for some reason it just won't work for me. it rises about half way then stops', WHY!

Knead up your dough--I always put warm predissolved yeast mixture in mine---put in a bowl cover with damp cloth , put in cool place--not fridge-- till it quits rising--then give it a whirl--my G'ma's bread was out of sight--:)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 567483)
Summer--write it down:

Heat Stroke:Hot, Dry, Skin--headache, dizziness, weakness, and rapid breathing and pulse.Severe cases--unconsciousness.

Heat Cramps: Severe cramps of the muscles of the abdomen and legs following overheating.

Prevention:--Increased salt and water consumption.

Two salt tablets (1/4 teaspoon) to each canteen of water.

Compliments of Uncle Sam--c'69.

Part 1

Part 2

Heat Exhaustion--Remove to a cool place--remove outer clothing,elevate feet, move legs up and down or massage--give all water patient will take 2 salt tablets or 1/4 tsp salt in a canteen of water.---Seek Medical Aid.

Heat Stroke--Shady place--Remove outer clothing, sprinkle or bathe patient with cold water, fan, massage trunk or legs--Medical Aid ,at once.

Heat Cramps--Cool place--remove outer clothing, give water and salt as above, --Medical help.

Uncle Sam--c.'69
First Aid Only---Get Med Help--

Posting 'cause this summer is going to be a "Heater---

woodwitch July 9th, 2010 08:37 AM

Thanks for the recipe Ax. I will try to make them soon. Hope it works. I have never been able to make home made bread. I witch it.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 567848)
Thanks for the recipe Ax. I will try to make them soon. Hope it works. I have never been able to make home made bread. I witch it.

Well, I'm an Alchemist in my retirement;):)

It will,-be sure to brush the top with bacon grease or oil--your pref--before putting in oven.

We always had Catheads, some Fatback Bacon or Sweet Potatoes on the stove everyday, cruise by, grab a snack and Go On---

I'm still alive, so don't be afraid to experience it---;):)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 12:10 PM

Got Catheads and Bread in the oven--Door Neighbor(79 years old, quarter acre garden),brought over

tomatos, peppers, and goodwill-(All Homegrown)-- We reciprocate--he puts me in the shade of my garden every year--

How 'Bout You?---------Ax

Autumn July 9th, 2010 01:04 PM

I need help? I can't remember what thread offered this website?

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/07/...ll-street.html

I sent it to my daughter in DC who works for USDA. Here is her response:

"Have not heard anything on this report. Get in the habit of eating less would probably be as beneficial, and more healthy. Honestly, if the conditions on the planet came to the point of having to protect myself with weapons to keep from being killed, or killing for food, I think it’s time to go. I’d rather stock up on a quick and painless way to do that – take less room also."

Just wanted to share some thoughts from my daughter of one who is there working for us. Yikes!!!

axhandle July 9th, 2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 567994)
I need help? I can't remember what thread offered this website?

http://www.activistpost.com/2010/07/...ll-street.html

I sent it to my daughter in DC who works for USDA. Here is her response:

"Have not heard anything on this report. Get in the habit of eating less would probably be as beneficial, and more healthy. Honestly, if the conditions on the planet came to the point of having to protect myself with weapons to keep from being killed, or killing for food, I think its time to go. Id rather stock up on a quick and painless way to do that take less room also."

Just wanted to share some thoughts from my daughter of one who is there working for us. Yikes!!!

Ignore it, Autumn you got lots to do before filling out your Bucket List--believe me.--Ax--Rain--Go outside throw your hair back--smell the fresh water and dusty roads-let it fall in your face---tell me if I am wrong, :)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 03:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
'Bama

Hot weather -very hot.
Missus and I sitting on a concrete picnic bench down at the City Park, looking at the band shell.
Foot Long Chile Dog from Dairy Queen, Iced Coke, barely a Dry Fly buzzing.

All of a sudden--#1 pic comes around Us.

"Well, Hello, what is your name, want to share lunch with us?"

I thank you ,Sir (I'm 17--now--she's 8 at the most), ---but my Aunt, said I shouldn't eat with total strangers."

"Well I live just 6 blocks from you, I'm not a stranger, what are you doing out here?"

"Uncle Bill and Aunt Talluah said I needed to go out and play,(while she gave us a scene from a Midsummer Nights Dream".

----as she ran off she looked back--and said "by the way , my name is ______ Bankhead, and I appreciate you."--Summer of '61--Ax and "Missus.

Pic 2.

T. Bankheads ,Niece--in person.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 04:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to pull my socks up--came back and the attached was on MSN homepage---

Well,---- My,My, My--my friend Johnny Coral--Red on Yellow--kill a fellow, Red on Black, Friend of Jack"

Somebody must have read an article---:)

w8in4dave July 9th, 2010 04:28 PM

Quote:

Cat Head Bisquits

2/3 cup buttermilk
1/8 cup bacon drippings

toast if wish.

Makes 4--

Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

w8in4dave July 9th, 2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568064)
Went to pull my socks up--came back and the attached was on MSN homepage---

Well,---- My,My, My--my friend Johnny Coral--Red on Yellow--kill a fellow, Red on Black, Friend of Jack"

Somebody must have read an article---:)

So a friend??

axhandle July 9th, 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568073)
Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

Hey, Bon Appetite'--says I- come on down,spend the night, and 'Tha "Missus and I will fix breakfast that you and Hub won't forget-:)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568076)
So a friend??

Just an Aquaintance-:)-Red on(look at bands-) Yellow---kill a fellow.:)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568073)

You went to "Jawja and didn't come back with a recip---eee-chuckle--how 'bout a buttermilk cornbread recipe?

axhandle July 9th, 2010 05:55 PM

Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Mook July 9th, 2010 06:08 PM

I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 568108)
I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

Lode--do I get bored, gimme the forest, anyday---:)

skiracer July 9th, 2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)
Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 568110)
Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

Oh I know--not taking exception to it at all--do it anyway--just the first time a Doc wrote an order for me--:)

Ajla July 10th, 2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568051)
'Bama

Hot weather -very hot.
Missus and I sitting on a concrete picnic bench down at the City Park, looking at the band shell.
Foot Long Chile Dog from Dairy Queen, Iced Coke, barely a Dry Fly buzzing.

All of a sudden--#1 pic comes around Us.

"Well, Hello, what is your name, want to share lunch with us?"

I thank you ,Sir (I'm 17--now--she's 8 at the most), ---but my Aunt, said I shouldn't eat with total strangers."

"Well I live just 6 blocks from you, I'm not a stranger, what are you doing out here?"

"Uncle Bill and Aunt Talluah said I needed to go out and play,(while she gave us a scene from a Midsummer Nights Dream".

----as she ran off she looked back--and said "by the way , my name is ______ Bankhead, and I appreciate you."--Summer of '61--Ax and "Missus.

Pic 2.

T. Bankheads ,Niece--in person.

Marlene Dietrich??

axhandle July 10th, 2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 568335)
Marlene Dietrich??

Favors Marlene a lot--Talullah Bankhead, Hollywood actress and what a controversy.
The little girl I described was her niece and lived in the same town where I grew up.
The little girl, one could, tell had acting talent.

ovenbird July 10th, 2010 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 519399)
Now Which One?--#1 or #2 ?

For me, #2. Definitely!

ovenbird July 10th, 2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)

I'm with you. I get bored exercising without another purpose, and soaking in the wonders of nature serves fine as a purpose.

axhandle July 10th, 2010 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ovenbird (Post 568502)
I'm with you. I get bored exercising without another purpose, and soaking in the wonders of nature serves fine as a purpose.

Can't be beat commune with nature.

axhandle July 10th, 2010 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rather like this--

Ajla July 11th, 2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568597)
Rather like this--

All I can think of is water these days! A mountain stream coming first!
We had some rain at last, but now it's sticky hot! (moan, moan, moan!)

axhandle July 11th, 2010 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 569014)
All I can think of is water these days! A mountain stream coming first!
We had some rain at last, but now it's sticky hot! (moan, moan, moan!)

Here you go Ajla--Bridger Nat'l Forest-, Wyoming--mountain(10,000 ft high) Lake--October--

Cool'd off yet--?;):)

axhandle July 11th, 2010 05:38 PM

Ajla,
I am decimated Spain won,was rooting for the Big Orange--:)

skiracer July 11th, 2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 569372)
Ajla,

cannot believe i watched the entire game and it was great. got to be happy that it was contested right to the very end. i think soccer (football) is going to be much bigger in the USA after this year.

axhandle July 12th, 2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 569379)
cannot believe i watched the entire game and it was great. got to be happy that it was contested right to the very end. i think soccer (football) is going to be much bigger in the USA after this year.

Honest good calls at the goal---'Fusbal is a sport, have a cousin in Europe, that I stumbled across(Geneology) that plays Pro--Have Cousins over there--sad I haven't been able to meet them.--but, one day---:)

Ajla July 12th, 2010 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 569372)
Ajla,

Yes, it's a day of national mourning! :(
Luckily I've got other interests!

axhandle July 12th, 2010 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 569691)
Yes, it's a day of national mourning! :(
Luckily I've got other interests!

I tend to go off ,and come back later to see the results--on occasion--watch the final bout.

Ajla July 12th, 2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 569697)
I tend to go off ,and come back later to see the results--on occasion--watch the final bout.

I don't ever watch, but it's so quiet out, with sudden bursts of cheer or despair!

skiracer July 12th, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568597)
Rather like this--

I can appreciate your fondness for art, especially the " old masters". my wife and i have been members of the Phila. Museum of Art for years. Have seen numerous exhibitions of all the great ones. nothing like seeing them in person on canvas. going this week to see Renoir, his later years exhibit at the Phila. Mus. my favorite period is that impressionistic era. saw Picasso, his Paris years a few months ago which was accompanied by a number of other famous artists of that period. one of the best and a must see is N.C. Wyeth if you ever get a chance. going again in sept to see an exhibition of Michangelo paintings, sculptures, sketches and drawings.

axhandle July 12th, 2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 569714)
I don't ever watch, but it's so quiet out, with sudden bursts of cheer or despair!

Good Morning/Afternoon, Ajla--I know you have been thru the World Cup--:)

Go to the Kroon and feel the breeze,---it's only a Game, it's over.. What counts is how one perseveres, I posted some pics---;)--and my Day--to the wind--;)

axhandle July 12th, 2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 569736)
I can appreciate your fondness for art, especially the " old masters". my wife and i have been members of the Phila. Museum of Art for years. Have seen numerous exhibitions of all the great ones. nothing like seeing them in person on canvas. going this week to see Renoir, his later years exhibit at the Phila. Mus. my favorite period is that impressionistic era. saw Picasso, his Paris years a few months ago which was accompanied by a number of other famous artists of that period. one of the best and a must see is N.C. Wyeth if you ever get a chance. going again in sept to see an exhibition of Michangelo paintings, sculptures, sketches and drawings.

"Some look at "Pictures", and some see nothing,to be able to put such skill on canvas and oil'---Well you know--;)

axhandle July 12th, 2010 01:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
To the right, Christ.
To the Left--St Matthew--counting his beans.
All to the right of Him---Who Me/ and pointing fingers.

Differ , if one would so wish. 1500's, and so many still wander--

skiracer July 12th, 2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 569818)
To the right, Christ.
To the Left--St Matthew--counting his beans.
All to the right of Him---Who Me/ and pointing fingers.

Differ , if one would so wish. 1500's, and so many still wander--

the way they saw the light and the entire event always amazes me. the old masters were the best at that especially with so many things and people in their paintings. i sometimes feel that i am right there in the picture.

axhandle July 12th, 2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 569838)
the way they saw the light and the entire event always amazes me. the old masters were the best at that especially with so many things and people in their paintings. i sometimes feel that i am right there in the picture.

"Place yourself"--I still, wish---Ax.

They were , indeed, True Masters---

Mook July 12th, 2010 04:53 PM

WV wood to AL...be on the look out.

axhandle July 12th, 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 569999)
WV wood to AL...be on the look out.

Thanks, Mook --you are a Gem----Ax.

theplantguytn July 12th, 2010 07:03 PM

Here is an avatar for you

http://www.politicalforum.com/avatar...ine=1275371431

axhandle July 13th, 2010 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by theplantguytn (Post 570078)

N.Vietnamese were using a small island off the coast as an OP monitoring the Navy.
U.S,S, New Jersey dispatched.
Order came across--'Sink the Island"--of course a momentary pause and confirmation--"Sink the Island?"

They did just that!!!

Thanks---Ax.