IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle August 15th, 2011 05:29 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 816422)
Ax: Mortgage Lifter was my best tasting this year and nice size.

Black Prince- A good smaller black tomatoe about roma size to a bit bigger produces well here, good flavor but somewhat susceptable to disease.

Caspian Pink - A great pink slicer also has superb flavor and size, decent productivity,again somewhat susceptable to disease.

Malachite Box, Great flavor and decent yield but very disease prone. Probably wont grow again.

Cherokee Green, Also great flavor, fair yeild, decent disease resistance will try again in a better tomato year.

Thessaloniki, Good flavored and productive red round tomato, average around 8 to 10 ounces some up to 12. A good medium sized red will grow again.

Green Doctors, Superb Green when ripe cherry tomato, will grow again along with Mexico Midgett as my two standard cherries.

Amish Paste, Good paste tomato, even in a not so good year much less susceptable to blossom end rot than roma or San Marzano the other paste tomatoes I have tried. Will try again.

Jeff:)

"Thessalonniki' " and some "Rose Marie!!"--{(Rosemary)(G'Dad's Ice Blue/ Eyes lit up "It's-- 'De, Rose Marie!!)(Daughter has same with some Green)----We Dance, My Friend--

BTW--before anyone gets any Wild Ideas on this Post--I'm Straight as an Arrow-- and "Rose Marie" grows at the sidewalk--

axhandle August 15th, 2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 816529)
http://www.mauritshuis.nl/index.aspx...&zoek=officier

Johan Enschede en Zonen is a printing works in Haarlem!

Still!-- they Print! some need to learn hard work and pride in work.

As usual--Aj -you are Emeralds and Rubies amongst "Much Gravel"----------- Tomorrow!!!

Ich gehen, nach, Haarlem ,Trinken eine Grolsch, und -"Wir Tanzen"

axhandle August 15th, 2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 816448)
so we heard from fritz?

Noted redacres--;)--explore tomorrow

axhandle August 16th, 2011 09:16 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 816627)
Still!-- they Print! some need to learn hard work and pride in work.

As usual--Aj -you are Emeralds and Rubies amongst "Much Gravel"----------- Tomorrow!!!

Ich gehen, nach, Haarlem ,Trinken eine Grolsch, und -"Wir Tanzen"

The trail grows hotter--but still mystified by En Zonen.

Most logical painter (Till I find more paintings)--Jan Anthoniz Ravestenyn--active in the Hague,Stadholders Court--etc.

Joh.Entshede--pic attached --

and found my home--#2.

axhandle August 16th, 2011 09:23 AM

"A Puzzle a Day, Keeps the Cobwebs Away!"

Just an obscure, interesting, framed print , found in a backstreet shop , abandoned by someone--ignored by most---somewhere in a beguiling little town--anywhere.

"Life is Gravy"

axhandle August 16th, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 816399)
Ax: Looks like a print of a Rembrandt, seems like I have seen this one somewhere. If not Rembrandt, Hals or some other Dutch Artist of the same school.

Here's one for you--

In taking the pic of the painting I posted,(Put it on the table), chandalier and shadows from above--in the camera view--didn't show up in the final pic---Hmmm--"Puzzle Ghosts"--I'd Say--;)

axhandle August 17th, 2011 09:15 AM

2 Attachment(s)
"Blue Morpheus"-favorite Butterfly--S. and Central America and some parts of Mexico.Pic#1.

When I was a "Barefoot Boy , With Cheeks of Tan"--the butterfly in #2 was everywhere now I see none--

Only now Hmmmm--S.American Morpheus ---to--Alabama--changing along the way--intervention ?(Nature of Things?)--thence--None.

axhandle August 17th, 2011 09:30 AM

Todays Bit of Useless Knowledge.

"Papillon"--was sent to the Dry Guillotine--French Guinea-convicted of a crime.
On rare occasion-- the prisoners were allowed to catch butterflys, the prize being the Morpheus, they were allowed to sell them in Cayenne--to the Affluent-- "'a Sou'--maybe a Franc"-"many cups of Cafe' back at the Crimson Barracks!!"-----"Ho, Carpete!, three Coffees' "

As many should know, the Butterfly is the Symbol of Freedom.

Ajla August 17th, 2011 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 816935)
The trail grows hotter--but still mystified by En Zonen.

Most logical painter (Till I find more paintings)--Jan Anthoniz Ravestenyn--active in the Hague,Stadholders Court--etc.

Joh.Entshede--pic attached --

and found my home--#2.

en zonen= and sons

That is the Mauritzhuis catalogue, but non of the other officers seem to be wearing their hats in the paintings?

axhandle August 17th, 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 817548)
en zonen= and sons

That is the Mauritzhuis catalogue, but non of the other officers seem to be wearing their hats in the paintings?

Grateful in more than one respect-"Officers", Never have their Hat on when entering a building--Common Respect--Thanks Aj,--Ax.

axhandle August 17th, 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 817548)
en zonen= and sons

"En Zonen"--My Sons--Thanks--Aj, would never have figured it out--Ax.

redneckplanter August 17th, 2011 02:42 PM

chin up ol soldier........

axhandle August 17th, 2011 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 817649)
chin up ol soldier........

"Onward ,Ever"
"Backward, Never"

;):)

redneckplanter August 18th, 2011 07:40 PM

smiles get em ax..............

Ajla August 19th, 2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 817568)
"En Zonen"--My Sons--Thanks--Aj, would never have figured it out--Ax.

Tomorrow I'll bathe my feet in the Zuyderzee!

Ajla August 21st, 2011 10:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 818647)
Tomorrow I'll bathe my feet in the Zuyderzee!

Actually it was the Waddenzee! Found this boat for you. Needs a lick of paint, but I'm sure you can do something with it? :)

axhandle August 22nd, 2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 819419)
Actually it was the Waddenzee! Found this boat for you. Needs a lick of paint, but I'm sure you can do something with it? :)

Perfect!!--I'll take it!--Most interesting hull design--Shall be Cristened --"The Flying Dutchman"

I surmise you had a good trip-and good Fare.

When I see pics like this ,my Nose Starts To Itch-- the signal --Time for Adventure.!!!

Thanks ,Aj.

By the way, use your contacts and influence and raise a ships crew, "There 'Be 'Tha Beginin 'O an Adventure";):D

axhandle August 22nd, 2011 09:22 AM

As, usual I become inquisitive,Aj--:Texel>Frisian>Morning Lesson-- another "Spark"

"Hatten Sie, "Wadlopen" gehen?--

axhandle August 22nd, 2011 09:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 819746)
As, usual I become inquisitive,Aj--:Texel>Frisian>Morning Lesson-- another "Spark"

Also found this pic along the above route--extremely well built and designed bicycle.

Ajla August 23rd, 2011 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 819746)

You did your homework well!
I went to Harlingen and followed the path.
Great fun!

axhandle August 23rd, 2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 820148)
You did your homework well!
I went to Harlingen and followed the path.
Great fun!

Chuckle--

I actually see myself ,again--walking the sand and Mudflats, getting clams, the sand crabs scurrying to and Fro the G'Kids Scurrying with the crabs and fish in the eddy of a big wave.

G'Pa what are you doing?"

"Getting something to eat, and what are you doing?"--Knowing very well the answer.

Almost Fall again , Aj.--time to go sit down on a bench--;):)

axhandle August 23rd, 2011 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
c. 1942--CBI ---China , Burma , India.

'Brit Pilot of a Mossy--attached.

Shot down ,landed and with two broken legs--of all things in a Hospital, said He.

"Are you well today Sahib? says the Hospital Attendant" adjusting the Mosqiuto netting(Draged mosquitos and "Tha Malaria they bring!!")

"Not so well--but well--

Fin, Part Un--

axhandle August 23rd, 2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 820170)
c. 1942--CBI ---China , Burma , India.

'Brit Pilot of a Mossy--attached.

Shot down ,landed and with two broken legs--of all things in a Hospital, said He.

"Are you well today Sahib? says the Hospital Attendant" adjusting the Mosqiuto netting(Draged mosquitos and "Tha Malaria they bring!!")

"Not so well--but well--

Fin, Part Un--

"Would you mind, 'Ol Boy to tell the Doctor that his immediate methods, on admisson were --"Rather Harsh?"

"Harsh? ,Sahib?!"--

Giving someone "Lavages" in every opportunity, when the Patient has two legs broken??

Hmmmmm.

axhandle August 24th, 2011 08:44 AM

Rozie, Chick,Tweed , Mook ,Jeff (and anyone in between)--Check In--Earthquake ran from Ga all the way to Canada, now Irene is hacked off.

Ax.

Ajla August 24th, 2011 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 820496)
Rozie, Chick,Tweed , Mook ,Jeff (and anyone in between)--Check In--Earthquake ran from Ga all the way to Canada, now Irene is hacked off.

Ax.

Let's have tea and hope for the best!

axhandle August 24th, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 820529)
Let's have tea and hope for the best!

I accept--without Reserve!
Could anyone, anywhere, say--"No Thanks" --Not Me--

RozieDozie August 24th, 2011 03:36 PM

Didn't feel the quake here, Ax, although Hubs swears he did.

Anyhow, I finally figured it out. You speak in Haiku. LOL.

Love to you,

Rozie

axhandle August 24th, 2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RozieDozie (Post 820618)
Didn't feel the quake here, Ax, although Hubs swears he did.

Anyhow, I finally figured it out. You speak in Haiku. LOL.

Love to you,

Rozie

Glad, back about 5 yrs ago sitting on Daughters back patio (Ca.) my chair raised up a half inch and sat back down.Minor Quake.

Stood up and broke into "Take Me Home ,Alabama!"-

"Haiku":)

" 'Humble ,Shodan here"

"Frog jump in water"
"Frog jump out"

"Water too cold!"

Thanks Rozie--glad all is well---Cribbittt!--:D

axhandle August 24th, 2011 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Oh, Boy 1957 Ferrari "Testa Rossa'( Red Head) Prototype- --at Pebble Beach.

I remember distinctly when this one was still a mystery, in the racing world '57--

Mercedes went for a bit over $9 million.

And #3 --"It's a Doozie"

Garlicluvr August 25th, 2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 820496)

Ax.

Doing fine here Ax: folks at work felt the earthquake but havent heard of any damage resulting from it. Did close down a few bridges until state highway could inspect them and made the wife's trip home last night longer. She works in DC and takes the train and they had them all running at only 15mph as a precaution until the tracks could be inspected. They are not used to quakes here on the east coast so causes quite a stir.

I felt a few good ones while in San Diego in the Navy and more when stationed out in the Aleutians in Alaska. When you are on a volcanic island chain they happen quite often. Occasionally had one rattle the windows and wall enough to wake me at night and I am a heavy sleeper.

Stocking up on essential supplies for Irene, gas for chainsaws, water etc. Have an outdoor stove and full bottle of propane as well as a coleman stove or two. My main concern is not flooding but power outages. Far enough inland and high enough that flooding is not a concern.

axhandle August 25th, 2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 821036)
Doing fine here Ax: folks at work felt the earthquake but havent heard of any damage resulting from it. Did close down a few bridges until state highway could inspect them and made the wife's trip home last night longer. She works in DC and takes the train and they had them all running at only 15mph as a precaution until the tracks could be inspected. They are not used to quakes here on the east coast so causes quite a stir.

I felt a few good ones while in San Diego in the Navy and more when stationed out in the Aleutians in Alaska. When you are on a volcanic island chain they happen quite often. Occasionally had one rattle the windows and wall enough to wake me at night and I am a heavy sleeper.

Stocking up supplies for Irene, gas for chainsaws, water etc. Have an outdoor stove and full bottle of propane as well as a coleman stove or two. My main concern is not flooding but power outages. Far enough inland and high enough that flooding is not a concern.

You be 'Tha Man Jeff--very glad to hear from you.

Anyone who went thru 'Diego and the Aleutians--family doesn't need to worry.

Power outages--lots.

Regards to 'Missus and Kids--Ax.

axhandle August 26th, 2011 06:26 PM

Am keeping up with Irene--mostly commenting on the "Irene" thread above.

Mook August 29th, 2011 09:09 AM

Ax,here's a trip of coal leaving where I work...140 cars...14,000 tons...we load out on average 7 million tons a year.That would keep a pot belly going for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC68mjssT8c

axhandle August 29th, 2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 822739)
Ax,here's a trip of coal leaving where I work...140 cars...14,000 tons...we load out on average 7 million tons a year.That would keep a pot belly going for a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MC68mjssT8c

Oh, Boy, Mook--More memories.

Sunday was G'Dads--"Day Off"--We sat on the front porch, he folded his paper when the train whistle blew up in "Hardspat Hollow", not half a mile away, track ran about 30 yds down below, bordering the creek.

redneckplanter August 29th, 2011 10:25 AM

hellllllllloooooooooooooooooooo.i pm'd fritz....
any word?

axhandle August 29th, 2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 822767)
Oh, Boy, Mook--More memories.

Sunday was G'Dads--"Day Off"--We sat on the front porch, he folded his paper when the train whistle blew up in "Hardspat Hollow", not half a mile away, track ran about 30 yds down below, bordering the creek.

We counted 26 flatcars--that time--and G'Mother said C'Mone 'Iste;)

axhandle August 29th, 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 822769)
any word?

None, so far here, If Fritz does't give us a sign here, I'm going to nickname him "Bird Dog"--"Wanders off, only comes home when he gets hungry"

Miss the Card, Knowledgable fellow.

O.K. Fritz--Do I have to send Fritz out to find you--??---Check In.

Ajla August 30th, 2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 822790)
None, so far here, If Fritz does't give us a sign here, I'm going to nickname him "Bird Dog"--"Wanders off, only comes home when he gets hungry"

Miss the Card, Knowledgable fellow.

O.K. Fritz--Do I have to send Fritz out to find you--??---Check In.

I'm sure I see him strolling around FB. ;)

woodwitch August 30th, 2011 10:42 PM

I heard from Skiracer who is on the east coast. He still doesn't have any electricity and can't make coffee or get on the net. He was sounding kinda grumpy.:eek:

chickweed August 30th, 2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 822769)
any word?

Talk to him almost daily on face book. He's around if you know how to find him.:D

axhandle August 31st, 2011 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 823601)
Talk to him almost daily on face book. He's around if you know how to find him.:D

I do.

axhandle August 31st, 2011 11:32 AM

Rather extremely hacked off--

Spent time (Keyboard) volunteering self to catastrophe Re:Irene, and the resultant effect on our U.S. Eastern Coast.

After hitting --Submit Reply--"You Do Not have Permission!"- pops up. Hmmmm makes me wonder about --

Ax.

Garlicluvr August 31st, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 823592)
I heard from Skiracer who is on the east coast. He still doesn't have any electricity and can't make coffee or get on the net. He was sounding kinda grumpy.:eek:

I am glad to hear that he is Ok. I can understand the grumpy, I am grumpy too when I haven't had my coffee yet and being without power especially in the summer-time is pretty miserable even if you are somewhat prepared.

You actually reminded me I need to order a stovetop percolator coffee pot from Cabela's to have around in case of power outages. In the winter I cook on the wood stove and in the summer I break out my little propane coleman camp stove or the big outdoor propane stove that I do my canning on.

woodwitch August 31st, 2011 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 823784)
I am glad to hear that he is Ok. I can understand the grumpy, I am grumpy too when I haven't had my coffee yet and being without power especially in the summer-time is pretty miserable even if you are somewhat prepared.

You actually reminded me I need to order a stovetop percolator coffee pot from Cabela's to have around in case of power outages. In the winter I cook on the wood stove and in the summer I break out my little propane coleman camp stove or the big outdoor propane stove that I do my canning on.

I have a percolator pot and camp stove that I keep handy for when the electricity goes out. I am ugly in more ways then one if I don't get my coffee in the morning.

axhandle August 31st, 2011 12:46 PM

"Back When-in '61, 1861, the Yanks cut off all "staples", here in 'Bama, food,medicine--you name it--

"Logic" was "Uneducated Know Nothings"- "Down,"--South", did a One Better--Roasted Okra--in keeping with the theme--Mississippi. has Magnolia Blend, Luzianne out of Louisiana Chicory.

Ajla September 1st, 2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 823766)
Rather extremely hacked off--

Spent time (Keyboard) volunteering self to catastrophe Re:Irene, and the resultant effect on our U.S. Eastern Coast.

After hitting --Submit Reply--"You Do Not have Permission!"- pops up. Hmmmm makes me wonder about --

Ax.

I'm sure you persevered, and got your way around them?!

axhandle September 1st, 2011 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 824169)

Morning Aj, it's 10 A.M. here--"Much Flummery Flying" ;) here-and about-.

I appreciate, the Tea-- something I miss--for the sake of me--and I have a print downstairs--French artist?- Predominate-Red --Mother and child background roses and green.

redneckplanter September 1st, 2011 03:36 PM

when ya gonna get a fb account ax?
ruuuuuuuuuuuun redneck ruuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn.lol

axhandle September 1st, 2011 03:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 824181)
Morning Aj, it's 10 A.M. here--"Much Flummery Flying" ;) here-and about-.

I appreciate, the Tea-- something I miss--for the sake of me--and I have a print downstairs--French artist?- Predominate-Red --Mother and child background roses and green.

Found it--

axhandle September 1st, 2011 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 824269)
when ya gonna get a fb account ax?
ruuuuuuuuuuuun redneck ruuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnn.lol

Fess Book---Neveeeerr--;):D

axhandle September 1st, 2011 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 824278)

Just now caught it---You Better Run!!!!:D

axhandle September 1st, 2011 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 824169)

We--sure did Aj--:)

The name was the C.S.S Alabama--;)

axhandle September 1st, 2011 04:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 824299)
We--sure did Aj--:)

The name was the C.S.S Alabama--;)

Attached

RozieDozie September 1st, 2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 824278)

Well, I got one but can't work it, LOL! ;):D

Ajla September 6th, 2011 08:58 AM

I was going to wish you all a good Labour Day, and then I couldn't log in. So how is everybody after their forced rest? :)

axhandle September 6th, 2011 09:05 AM

Morning Aj, Rosie--yes Idig server down for two days.

Much rain dumped ,around 10 inches in two days. winds 45-50 mph, due to Tropical storm.
Supposed to be mid -seventies for rest of week---Nice!

I'm about 300 miles from Gulf, and understand from 15-20 inches of rain there.

Only Labor we did was going back and forth from kitchen to living room.--:)

How is Holland?

axhandle September 6th, 2011 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RozieDozie (Post 824309)
Well, I got one but can't work it, LOL! ;):D

Whats the old saying--"Doesn't matter if it works or not, as long as it looks good"--chuckle.

Off to Dentist in a few.

Ajla September 6th, 2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 825613)
Morning Aj, Rosie--yes Idig server down for two days.

Much rain dumped ,around 10 inches in two days. winds 45-50 mph, due to Tropical storm.
Supposed to be mid -seventies for rest of week---Nice!

I'm about 300 miles from Gulf, and understand from 15-20 inches of rain there.

Only Labor we did was going back and forth from kitchen to living room.--:)

How is Holland?

Some more homework for you Ax! Friday I'm off to Den Helder! Good maritime museum there!

axhandle September 6th, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 825619)
Some more homework for you Ax! Friday I'm off to Den Helder! Good maritime museum there!

I'm on it like "A Chicken on a June Bug"--:)

and ---I'm envious--

axhandle September 6th, 2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 825619)

Re:--Homework--:)

Going up N9?
Local Average Temp--Sept--58F.

Inquire at the Lighthouse--as to applications for Voluntary Employment(Menial Caretaker)--I have all the necessary Papers--;):)

I know without saying --A very Good Trip!

And I'm not through reading--;)

axhandle September 6th, 2011 01:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 825727)
Re:--Homework--:)

Going up N9?
Local Average Temp--Sept--58F.

Inquire at the Lighthouse--as to applications for Voluntary Employment(Menial Caretaker)--I have all the necessary Papers--;):)

I know without saying --A very Good Trip!

And I'm not through reading--;)

As usual, forgot pic--

axhandle September 7th, 2011 09:22 AM

Well Autumn--it's almost Autumn--gonna come out this year?--;):)

Hope Ski is O.K. got flooded up in "Joisey"--bad.
Jeff, ? How are you?
Chick is still breathing.
All Texans are under duress right now--Give me a Yell.

Garlicluvr September 7th, 2011 09:47 AM

Ax: Sorted half of my garlic finally so will be getting a package ready to send your way.

The wife and I got volunteered to be the photographers at her brothers wedding so she wanted a longer zoom for the Nikon. We just ordered a 70-200mm f2.8 zoom Tamron this time Nikon glass still a bit pricey and some of the major off-brands like Sigma, Tamron and Tokina make some very good stuff. So I will have a new toy to try out. Also ordered a Nikon speedlight flash with diffuser that we will need for wedding photos. I dont use flash much so had been holding off until we needed it for something. They are nice to have but when you shoot mostly macros and landscapes/scenics like I do not too much need especially with fast glass.

You ever break down and buy the Olympus? Those Zeiss lenses are superb. Might spend more on the lens than the body but that is always the case when you start getting into pro-level fast lenses. I dont have any yet that were more than the D300 body but if I had bought the Nikon version both of my zooms would have been more than the camera body. Have the 24-70mm f2.8 Sigma, and now the 70-200 f2.8 Tamron.

Getting rains from Lee today, rained pretty staedy all day yesterday too. Garden is pretty much done except for a mater here and there, some cayennes, and an eggplant or two. I am letting the Purple podded pole and cherokee trail of tears go to seed to save some for next season. May have a few dragon tongues that are mature enough.

Jeff

Garlicluvr September 7th, 2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826243)
Well Autumn--it's almost Autumn--gonna come out this year?--;):)

Hope Ski is O.K. got flooded up in "Joisey"--bad.
Jeff, ? How are you?
Chick is still breathing.
All Texans are under duress right now--Give me a Yell.

Just busy Ax: Weedeater was having idle problems so finally took the carb apart last week blew all of the port/jets out with carb cleaner, put her back together and re-adjusted idles. Running like a champ again but I had a lot of weed-eating to catch up on went through two tanks of gas Sunday and got most of it done.

Found a ground bee nest in the process and they crawled up one glove and got me a time or two before I realized I had stirred them up and got the heck out of dodge.

Took down the electric garden fence for the year and bush-hogged one end of it. Will do the rest when my seed beans and tomatoes are finally done. Then I plan on tilling the whole thing and planting a clover cover crop.

More fall clean-up, dormant oil spraying etc. to do. Then maybe some fall equipment maintenance such as oil and fan belt change on the John Deere, draining gas and new fuel/air filters on the weed-eater etc.

axhandle September 7th, 2011 10:07 AM

Roger on the first sentence.

Nikon has always been Pricey-- but products are superb.

Sigma,Tamron and Tokina--all subscribe to Quality--have some stuff from the '50's and '60's beyond the norm of the time.--send you some Nostalgia in reciprocation of garlic bulbs--Good Deal , I'd Say--;)

Con'td

redneckplanter September 7th, 2011 10:13 AM

boo.

axhandle September 7th, 2011 10:18 AM

The Olympus-- not yet matters here have piled up to the point of not a minute to think--

Load up one of your vintage cameras with B&W-- slip away during the wedding and get priceless cameo pictures-

Doc Boss (Pathologist IQ about 150)--was extremely versed in Photography , to the point of boredom--Mention Zeiss--His ears perked up, eyes shined-- like an old War Horse--"Zeiss , Aus Jena!"--His day was made-extremely sharp eye for quality.

axhandle September 7th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 826271)
boo.

Hades! --"Chuckle Rz, Gz, and all the Z's) I fell in the floor ,Plant--How are you ----Boo!?--double chuckle.

Been 'Perusin your site--good things going on there--some internal matters have hit me,that has to be taken care of--But--One Knows that 'Perlabber needs to be spread Around"--Sage Site-- You got 'Goin;):)

chickweed September 7th, 2011 10:34 AM

Ax - thanks for jumping in on that clusterbomb about Texas Tea Party fire fighters. That was another drive by post intended to inflame - with no regard to what the folks that live in that region are going through. Some of the posters on there need to be spanked and sent to their rooms without dinner - after having their mouthes washed out with soap. Texans need all the love and support they can get now......thanks again! No one seems to have have from Bellzybubba - she is in one of the worst areas...have you heard from her?

Garlicluvr September 7th, 2011 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826287)
Ax - thanks for jumping in on that clusterbomb about Texas Tea Party fire fighters. That was another drive by post intended to inflame - with no regard to what the folks that live in that region are going through. Some of the posters on there need to be spanked and sent to their rooms without dinner - after having their mouthes washed out with soap. Texans need all the love and support they can get now......thanks again! No one seems to have have from Bellzybubba - she is in one of the worst areas...have you heard from her?

+1 Chick/Ax: It is a shame when people use a tragic situation for political or personal gain. IMO they are the lowest of low-life scum.

Jeff

axhandle September 7th, 2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826258)
Just busy Ax: Weedeater was having idle problems so finally took the carb apart last week blew all of the port/jets out with carb cleaner, put her back together and re-adjusted idles. Running like a champ again but I had a lot of weed-eating to catch up on went through two tanks of gas Sunday and got most of it done.

Found a ground bee nest in the process and they crawled up one glove and got me a time or two before I realized I had stirred them up and got the heck out of dodge.

Took down the electric garden fence for the year and bush-hogged one end of it. Will do the rest when my seed beans and tomatoes are finally done. Then I plan on tilling the whole thing and planting a clover cover crop.

More fall clean-up, dormant oil spraying etc. to do. Then maybe some fall equipment maintenance such as oil and fan belt change on the John Deere, draining gas and new fuel/air filters on the weed-eater etc.

Darn Reed Valve Carbs,--One Speck shuts the whole operation down--disgust--go buy a new one is the brainwashing of today--

Little have Notion--beyond us,--keep the carb and intake clean--;):)

axhandle September 7th, 2011 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826350)
Darn Reed Valve Carbs,--One Speck shuts the whole operation down--disgust--go buy a new one is the brainwashing of today--

The "Yellow Jacks" and "Hummers" are fighting out on the deck(Hummer Feeder),

I sit and chuckle--'Missus always gets in to a "Yellow Jack" Nest--almost every summer--and they go wild --:)

axhandle September 8th, 2011 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Open the Box and 'Ye Shall See, Something to Make One Dance With Glee!"

chickweed September 8th, 2011 09:51 AM

Is that sweetgrass? I have a sweetgrass box that looks like that in my bathroom - found it at an outdoor flea market along the Grand Strand many years ago.

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826350)

Ax: Those reed valve carbs are temperamental. This one was on the Stihl, bike handle trimmer I have the pro model so well worth fixing and all of the parts and service if I want it available from local Mennonite Stihl dealer.

I had absolutely no problems with it for 3 1/2 years then developed this idle problem would die if you didn't constantly give it a bit of throttle even after warmed up. I assumed carb as it ran ok otherwise would just die at idle and I had forgotten to drain the gas tank last fall at the end of the season and gas sat all winter and spring. I found some gumming under the diaphragm/reed valve probably the problem and gum could have clogged ports too.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 10:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826702)
Is that sweetgrass? I have a sweetgrass box that looks like that in my bathroom - found it at an outdoor flea market along the Grand Strand many years ago.

Don't know, Chick one of my personnel was going back to India to visit Family, I wished her a good trip, and jokingly said--"Bring me back a Cobra"

It's a work of art and wish I knew more about the materials/ construction--any ideas.?

You opened the Box--now "Jump with Gleee!!"--chuckle--I did when she gave it to me.

Simple things of life--Precious!.

It's counterbalanced, pops up and bobbles about--

G'Daughter loves it.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826709)
Ax: Those reed valve carbs are temperamental. This one was on the Stihl, bike handle trimmer I have the pro model so well worth fixing and all of the parts and service if I want it available from local Mennonite Stihl dealer.

I had absolutely no problems with it for 3 1/2 years then developed this idle problem would die if you didn't constantly give it a bit of throttle even after warmed up. I assumed carb as it ran ok otherwise would just die at idle and I had forgotten to drain the gas tank last fall at the end of the season and gas sat all winter and spring. I found some gumming under the diaphragm/reed valve probably the problem and gum could have clogged ports too.

Stihl is Premier--3.5 years without problems--Testimony.

I learned to run carb cleaner thru the gas before winterizing--to clean the carb--drain tank and carb--those Stabilising additives are made to sell.

Thinking about a Husqvarna--16-18 inch bar-- and a Stihl of the same.

Who knows, knowing me I'll end up with both-:)

I appeciate anything that works and doesent let me down, and I don't let it down, and so do you.

Son had a Kawasaki 90 rotary valve--reliable , and a Screamer.

chickweed September 8th, 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826714)
Don't know, Chick one of my personnel was going back to India to visit Family, I wished her a good trip, and jokingly said--"Bring me back a Cobra"

It's a work of art and wish I knew more about the materials/ construction--any ideas.?

You opened the Box--now "Jump with Gleee!!"--chuckle--I did when she gave it to me.

Simple things of life--Precious!.

It's counterbalanced, pops up and bobbles about--

G'Daughter loves it.

Close up doesn't look like sweetgrass. That is amazing! I love that!

axhandle September 8th, 2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826719)
Close up doesn't look like sweetgrass. That is amazing! I love that!

Almost Halloween , Chick--remember last year;):)

w8in4dave September 8th, 2011 10:47 AM

Nice box ax :D I can live without the snake tho..... LOL

axhandle September 8th, 2011 10:55 AM

Love "Carbs" Jeff-

Norton down in the basement has twin Amals, "Most Disturbing" to the "Unclued",;) change them out!--Nope, said I.

Argument from one side-;)--"They are not worth anything", you can't start them, etc.

"Read the Manual , Chap it's says "Tickle", the carbs till overflowing"-:)

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826718)
Stihl is Premier--3.5 years without problems--Testimony.

I learned to run carb cleaner thru the gas before winterizing--to clean the carb--drain tank and carb--those Stabilising additives are made to sell.

Thinking about a Husqvarna--16-18 inch bar-- and a Stihl of the same.

Who knows, knowing me I'll end up with both-:)

I appeciate anything that works and doesent let me down, and I don't let it down, and so do you.

Son had a Kawasaki 90 rotary valve--reliable , and a Screamer.

Ax: I ended up with two Stihl chainsaws, looked at Husqvarna also and both looked good but Stihl had fewer plastic parts or more substantial looking ones throttle levers, choke pull/knob etc. Both fine machines but the other thing that sold me on the Stihl was local Mennonite dealer that provides full parts support and service.

I have a smaller limbing saw that has a 14" bar on it MS180 and a larger saw MS361 with a 20" bar. The big one will take up to a 28" or 30" I believe if needed. I use the heck out of the little saw as I get limbs down more often than whole large trees and I do some pruning of bigger trees with it. Both have been trouble free so far. I have almost wore out one chain for the little saw

axhandle September 8th, 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826702)

Hows, About selling me that boat in your Avatar?--chuckle.--I got room--:)

axhandle September 8th, 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826743)
Ax: I ended up with two Stihl chainsaws, looked at Husqvarna also and both looked good but Stihl had fewer plastic parts or more substantial looking ones throttle levers, choke pull/knob etc. Both fine machines but the other thing that sold me on the Stihl was local Mennonite dealer that provides full parts support and service.

I have a smaller limbing saw that has a 14" bar on it MS180 and a larger saw MS361 with a 20" bar. The big one will take up to a 28" or 30" I believe if needed. I use the heck out of the little saw as I get limbs down more often than whole large trees and I do some pruning of bigger trees with it. Both have been trouble free so far. I have almost wore out one chain for the little saw

Stihl --it is,--Jeff.

In reciprocation--c.1952 summer out of school,at the Field--vacant lot heated neighborhood baseball going, I'm in the warm up box--Wooden Bat--

'Coach says put the wood on the ball, get on base, get a Stihl"--Knew Baseball and Chainsaws.

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2011 11:29 AM

Thanks Ax another note on reliable tools. I have been known to give away or throw out ones that I ended up working on more than operating. Just don't have the time to waste on unreliable tools.

And a very few made me so mad or frustrated that I had to take the sledge to them!! Weren't good for anything but scrap in the first place.:D

axhandle September 8th, 2011 12:18 PM

"In the Dental Chair"--yesterday, rain and mist.

Doc Dentist came in and popped me with 8 injections, preperatory.

Picture window, lone bird Sitting on a Wire--

Doc came in-- said reminds me of Montgomery in August when I got my captains badge"

Yep Ft.Dix ,NJ for Basic and AIT-- thence to Ft. Benning--Report Date--4-August 1968--he shut up.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 826736)
Nice box ax :D I can live without the snake tho..... LOL

'Course--wink and chuckle.

Almost time ta "Belay 'Tha Sails--

"Beleayrguerd Winter, comes"--Arrghhh-

axhandle September 8th, 2011 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
P-47-- T Bolt--AKA--'' 'Tha Jug" one of the best Aircraft ever put in the air.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 12:54 PM

"Airborne , Pep!!"-- Ax.

axhandle September 9th, 2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826753)
Thanks Ax another note on reliable tools. I have been known to give away or throw out ones that I ended up working on more than operating. Just don't have the time to waste on unreliable tools.

And a very few made me so mad or frustrated that I had to take the sledge to them!! Weren't good for anything but scrap in the first place.:D

Nothing, nothing more frustrating than cheap tools.
The only thing worse--lawnmowers!!--In my early days I was constantly harassed by "We need to cut the Grass"--and Lawn Mowers that won't start--I threw one completely across the basement one Sat morning.Money was short raising a family--buy a used one --even some new ones' work on it--etc.

Finally 'Missus surprised/rewarded me with a John Deere riding mower about 8 yrs ago--no trouble since--;):)

axhandle September 9th, 2011 09:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826780)
'Course--wink and chuckle.

Almost time ta "Belay 'Tha Sails--

"Beleayrguerd Winter, comes"--Arrghhh-

C'mon Dave--Dance with the Cobra--:D

w8in4dave September 9th, 2011 09:18 AM

Makes you wish you would of bought one sooner huh ax ? :D

w8in4dave September 9th, 2011 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 827045)
C'mon Dave--Dance with the Cobra--:D

He's dancing with death itself!

axhandle September 9th, 2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 827048)
He's dancing with death itself!

The only way now I could do it now would to be able to find one as old as I --with fewer teeth, chuckle.;)

w8in4dave September 9th, 2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 827053)
The only way now I could do it now would to be able to find one as old as I --with fewer teeth, chuckle.;)

yup with fewer teeth lol.... :D makes the death part so less likely
he he he

axhandle September 9th, 2011 09:33 AM

Like the project you and Dave finished--I surmise from the pics both of you are very orderly folks.

Ranger and Ms. Poo were over last weekend for two days--Talk about busy!.
Poo isn't any trouble, Ranger a different story--he tries to get in my computer room saying "Go Dot Com"--he's 2 and a half.

Poo entered the second grade this year, took a reading test scored in the upper 69th % Nationwide of post 2nd grade reading.

Does Paw Paws eyes gleam--Absolutely, you bet--Now what to do with Ranger.:)

w8in4dave September 9th, 2011 09:38 AM

Wow!! Ranger is how old? 2 1/2? Good for him!!!!
Dave is the organized one , me I have A.D.D. I try but it just doesn't work so he helps me lol... I am clean just not organized lol ...

axhandle September 9th, 2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 827060)
Wow!! Ranger is how old? 2 1/2? Good for him!!!!
Dave is the organized one , me I have A.D.D. I try but it just doesn't work so he helps me lol... I am clean just not organized lol ...

You don't have ADD , Dave---I am going to Hound You till you go get a Sleep Study--:)

Aren't G'kids grand--have 6, one almost out of HS now--time flies.

w8in4dave September 9th, 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 827076)
You don't have ADD , Dave---I am going to Hound You till you go get a Sleep Study--:)

Aren't G'kids grand--have 6, one almost out of HS now--time flies.

The next time I go get my pills refilled I am going to talk my doc into letting me go to one. There is one not far from us :D So no worries there ax. I know I kept Dave up last night. He also goes to the Dr. with me and I told him the next time we go in, Don't let me forget to tell him about the sleep study.... So Dave is happy I am going to be going. :D

axhandle September 9th, 2011 04:29 PM

Now how long have I heard that, a year or so now--:)