IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Ajla April 13th, 2011 11:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 748802)
She has the voice of an Angel--going to look her up!!

Looking at the canals, I wanted to get in a boat,throw in a days rations,--with my old British Seagull engine and slowly Putt-Putt off to Distant Lands-:)

You've seen the attached before--would love to live there--Grape Arbor on top, "eine Kuhe", wind and water--

Yeah, I love that painting! I don't think I'll go into Venice, it will be too crowded at Easter, and thus loses its charm I hope to walk in the Marmolada! I'm not so much a fan of Auntie Lena, but like the song about the canals (grachten) and Deep in my heart you guessed?

axhandle April 13th, 2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 749497)
Ax/Autumn Wyoming and especially the Wind River Range is a magical place. I could settle down out there myself. I have many fond memories of the trip I took out there with my uncle, caught a few nice lake trout too.

Speaking of magical this mornings drive in to work was very pleasant just finished raining and that fresh rain smell was in the air, the mist still hadnt lifted giving the landscape thet ehtereal feeling and really made the green of the wheat fields and trees pop. I like walking in the woods and meadows on these mornings, the fog mist makes everything seem mysterious, as you walk shadows slowly turn into trees, barns, hills. And like a snowstorm it makes the world close in on you and feel very cozy, personal, like all thet exists at the moment are your immediate surroundings or what is visible through the fog and mist. The mist cloaks all things and softens the hard edges, makes it dreamy if you will.

Enough rambling for now hope you have a good day. My trees arrived last evening so I need to finalize where I am going to plant all seven of them. Looks like a busy weekend for me. Hopefully it will dry out some by then so I can get them in.

Jeff:)

Boy, you did have a magical morning , Jeff--Love that type of respite--really a much needed diversion.

Tree planting time--only thing better than fresh fruit is more of same--:)

tweed April 13th, 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 749753)
Boy, you did have a magical morning , Jeff--Love that type of respite--really a much needed diversion.

Tree planting time--only thing better than fresh fruit is more of same--:)

Fruit trees are a lost art.
Truth be told, they might be more in danger than vegetable seeds.

Steve

Garlicluvr April 13th, 2011 09:35 PM

Ax: Pics finally of archery range.
http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481390001

Target after the boys and I shot today, my five year old actually does pretty good at hitting the target most of the time.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481400001

Quiver and Ben Pearson Longbow have a flemish string on order.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481430001

Close-up on Quiver

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481440001

I will put more pics in next post.

Garlicluvr April 13th, 2011 09:41 PM

More pics of Ol Ben 5000 Longbow. Nice vintage bow.
http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481460001

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481470001

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481500001

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481540001

Other bow is a Ben Pearson too Collegian Model light target recurve about 25 to 30 lb got it cheap on ebay and figured it would be good for developing proper form with the lighter draw.

Garlicluvr April 13th, 2011 09:48 PM

Ok last bows for the night the vintage bear tigercat recurve i have been shooting another ebay deal. 40# 62" long it does shoot smooth.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481520001

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481530001

I dont have a string yet for the little target recurve but have one on the way plan on using it at first for target practice and fine tuning my draw, anchor, release etc. Then moving up to the 40# recurve and 50# longbow and passing it on to my ten year old for his next bow.

Garlicluvr April 13th, 2011 09:53 PM

While I am posting pics finally took one of my little white peach tree missed full bloom but still some there. Got two peaches last year that where run down your chin juicy and sweet hoping for a nice crop this year.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481410001

My peas and onions, coming along pretty well.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481380001

My lettuce and cabbage starts need to plant them out.

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...13027481360001

Been a bit busy but catching up some. Will be time to pot up tomatoes soon.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 07:28 AM

Jeff,

This is absolutely an Outstanding Post!!
Have some things to do this A.M. but back later to peruse in detail, boy, brought out the Old Warhorse in me.

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:43 AM

Nice garden Jeff!!

axhandle April 14th, 2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 749870)
Fruit trees are a lost art.
Truth be told, they might be more in danger than vegetable seeds.

Steve

They are,neighbor had to cut down 5 Japanese peach trees , that had run their course, after 30 yrs, best peaches --ever-I used to stop the lawn mower during a hot day, grab a handfull and lean up against the tree to cool off, watch the clouds go by , and save some seeds--hope they sprout,done everythig I can do.

How 'Be 'Tha Trip---Tweed?

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 09:19 AM

Morning and talk to you all later .... we are off and running this morning ... :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750171)
Morning and talk to you all later .... we are off and running this morning ... :D

Do you have your Spandex, and "Awsome Headband " on , in off in running?--chuckle --you know me, by now Dave,--only a chuckle in todays insane world.:)

Some of us will survive--Ax.

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750169)
They are,neighbor had to cut down 5 Japanese peach trees , that had run their course, after 30 yrs, best peaches --ever-I used to stop the lawn mower during a hot day, grab a handfull and lean up against the tree to cool off, watch the clouds go by , and save some seeds--hope they sprout,done everythig I can do.

How 'Be 'Tha Trip---Tweed?

It went well, Sir Ax. Thanks for asking.
We got to go to a lot of the art studios in Gatlinburg and enjoyed our cabin immensely with the exception that there were bunch of.......ummm..............
Non-American's who rented the cabin next door and they were playing gangster rap, etc...........very loudly. Could not enjoy the porch because of it and could not call in a complaint, because it was through another rental company.
We decided to get a more remote cabin next time.
BTW, we didn't realize it, but our favorite artist has a website. His drawings on Appalachian people are just incredible.
If you get a chance, visit his site: www.paulmurray.com

Steve

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750182)
Do you have your Spandex, and "Awsome Headband " on , in off in running?--chuckle --you know me, by now Dave,--only a chuckle in todays insane world.:)

LOL
Not sure why, but that song "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John popped into me head. :D

Steve

Garlicluvr April 14th, 2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750192)
LOL
Not sure why, but that song "Let's Get Physical" by Olivia Newton John popped into me head. :D

Steve

Olivia Ihad a big crush on her in High School, remember the song and her in spandex, unlike some not too bad on the eyes.:D

I actually liked a lot of her country stuff before she went pop.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750190)
It went well, Sir Ax. Thanks for asking.
We got to go to a lot of the art studios in Gatlinburg and enjoyed our cabin immensely with the exception that there were bunch of.......ummm..............
Non-American's who rented the cabin next door and they were playing gangster rap, etc...........very loudly. Could not enjoy the porch because of it and could not call in a complaint, because it was through another rental company.
We decided to get a more remote cabin next time.
BTW, we didn't realize it, but our favorite artist has a website. His drawings on Appalachian people are just incredible.
If you get a chance, visit his site: www.paulmurray.com

Steve

Tweed,

Appreciate your offer to tell my friend in Gatlingburg, hello for me, didn't see your post until after you had left.

Remote Cabin--Buddy, the one I'd like to rent would be 5 miles, by foot--:D

I really like Paul Murray's work, the older fellow on his website reminds me of many past days, talking to the locals, no better folks.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 749550)
Yeah, I love that painting! I don't think I'll go into Venice, it will be too crowded at Easter, and thus loses its charm I hope to walk in the Marmolada! I'm not so much a fan of Auntie Lena, but like the song about the canals (grachten) and Deep in my heart you guessed?

Chuckle-Aj, The Doge' of Venice and his Council of Twelve invited me over, I politely declined--but did no good--

Just mirthing--Ax.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:46 PM

Jeff,

Can't believe it--some very fine equipment there.
Old Ben and I would get along, very well, and the quiver--top notch, good leather,hand tooled, and W.Diamondback insert.

The Collegian--quarter draw for 10 seconds, repeat and work up to Full Draw and 30 seconds, over time, good break in for the muscles and tendons.--Nice bow.

Had a Wing Archery Thunderbird, 62" extremely fast and smooth--the "Bear Bunch"--really gave me a hard time, till they shot it.

I'm exasperated---Lettuce!!--it will hardly make here,either dies , bolts or flops out--guess it might do well in late winter--just too hot.Lots of folks here, what little makes, pour hot bacon grease over a bowlful and chow down--Let me know when the Port Orfords come in.

You got a nice place there, and tell the Lads, "Keep it in the Ten Ring", they appear to be doing well with the bows.

Ax.

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:48 PM

Olivia N,John--reminded me Daughter watched Grease about 50 times, and still have the 33 and third rpm record.

She was nice--;)

axhandle April 14th, 2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750171)

Well, Dave you out of breath this evening??--chuckle--

G'Daughter will be here in about an hour--tomorrow we are going to plant some tomato's I saved her the Krim, and 'Missus brought home some German Johnsons??-- first time I've heard of those.

If you can get some Krims now they will do very well in Mi.,after all they did come from Siberia.--:)

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750182)

heheeee Ax :D yea chuckle in todays world is exactly what we need :D it was a very eventful day :D But I sat by the fire again tonight and besides the beach the fire is so relaxing to me :D I absolutely love it!! I should of taken a picture of the dog wrapped in a blanket next to the fire ..Yea the wind coming from the east now , can be so cold....But the fire was there and I just about fell asleep ... Sighhhhhhhhh nice!

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:19 PM

Nothing like a fireplace'/stove--it automatically says --Sleep:)

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:25 PM

thats why I love it up north .... fireplace :D here I just love to sit outside :D 40's but the wind is cold thats ok it was sooooo worth it :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:32 PM

What I really like is a campfire during a crisp still night, listen to the forest, watch the shadows dance, then crawl in the sleeping bag and Z Out--:)

Haven't had a fire going in fireplace since about Feb.--already miss it.

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 08:39 PM

I am tellin ya Ax , for the last few nights I have been sitting outside by the fire after the day is done and I listen............... birds , horses next door, wind , birds again and watch that flame and life is good ... I just need one hr. and I can wind down and feel wonderful :D then have to go in and make hubs life work for the next day :D but then the smell of the smoke is on me and I love that to :D

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750421)
Jeff,

Can't believe it--some very fine equipment there.
Old Ben and I would get along, very well, and the quiver--top notch, good leather,hand tooled, and W.Diamondback insert.

The Collegian--quarter draw for 10 seconds, repeat and work up to Full Draw and 30 seconds, over time, good break in for the muscles and tendons.--Nice bow.

Had a Wing Archery Thunderbird, 62" extremely fast and smooth--the "Bear Bunch"--really gave me a hard time, till they shot it.

I'm exasperated---Lettuce!!--it will hardly make here,either dies , bolts or flops out--guess it might do well in late winter--just too hot.Lots of folks here, what little makes, pour hot bacon grease over a bowlful and chow down--Let me know when the Port Orfords come in.

You got a nice place there, and tell the Lads, "Keep it in the Ten Ring", they appear to be doing well with the bows.

Ax.

Forgot one thing, Jeff hay bales for a backstop, behind the target three bales high by 5 wide, saves hunting for the "Flyers".

axhandle April 14th, 2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750513)
I am tellin ya Ax , for the last few nights I have been sitting outside by the fire after the day is done and I listen............... birds , horses next door, wind , birds again and watch that flame and life is good ... I just need one hr. and I can wind down and feel wonderful :D then have to go in and make hubs life work for the next day :D but then the smell of the smoke is on me and I love that to :D

Nothing beats it, all changing, different each time---smell of smoke, maybe a little stream nearby--.

Daughter bought me a Japanese water ?--small about like a flower pot, opur water in, turn on--water is pumped up thru the stones, and hits a paddle that makes the chimes tinkle(very soft), adjust a stone or two and get a different sound--relaxing.

tweed April 14th, 2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750503)
Nothing like a fireplace'/stove--it automatically says --Sleep:)

Your best post ever, Sir Ax.
Warmth = Love and what God has given us, imo.
Sorry if I went somewhere I should not have.
BTW, reminds me of when my girls were little...........I had bought a new mobile home with a fireplace.
The baby used to get up, walk into the living room, hike her gown up and sit on the hearth...............Then she would say "What is for breakfast"? :D

Steve

w8in4dave April 14th, 2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750518)
Nothing beats it, all changing, different each time---smell of smoke, maybe a little stream nearby--.

Daughter bought me a Japanese water ?--small about like a flower pot, opur water in, turn on--water is pumped up thru the stones, and hits a paddle that makes the chimes tinkle(very soft), adjust a stone or two and get a different sound--relaxing.

It is there ax.. we have a creek that runs thru our property .. BayCreek and yes that sound is there also .. not only that but when hubs gets his pond going and there is a waterfall, OMG yea , then I get my chimnea out and life is even better :D

Garlicluvr April 15th, 2011 07:55 AM

Ax: I am on here for a few minutes this morning before heading out to plant trees but will check back later.

Package arrived many thanks I brewed up a pot of the Sumatra this AM superb, I see why it is your favorite. The Boys were thrilled with the baseball cards, (five year old slept with them). My wife thought the Peridot was beautiful and you must be a bit Psychic as that is her birthstone. I will put the points and knocks to use as well as the feathers. Again the package was a very pleasant surprise.

I got one batch of cedar arrows last evening and will post some pics soon. Also got the flemish string will have to try it out when I get a moment.

I will send the stuff for my Mom out to her, I am sure she will be delighted. Did you find those garnets? They were beauties.

skiracer April 15th, 2011 08:00 AM

Jeff,
I looked high and low for that fiberglass bow and cannot find it. must have gotten thrown out. sorry and I'll keep my eyes open for anything around here.

w8in4dave April 15th, 2011 08:09 AM

I think my hubs has one...will have to take a pic of it ..... see if it is one

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750556)
BTW, reminds me of when my girls were little...........I had bought a new mobile home with a fireplace.
The baby used to get up, walk into the living room, hike her gown up and sit on the hearth...............Then she would say "What is for breakfast"? :D

Steve

No need for an apology,Sir Tweed.

Reminds me of what G'daughter used to do, now can't keep Ranger (3 yr old) out of the ashes,think he wants to be a chimny sweep--:)

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750603)
It is there ax.. we have a creek that runs thru our property .. BayCreek and yes that sound is there also .. not only that but when hubs gets his pond going and there is a waterfall, OMG yea , then I get my chimnea out and life is even better :D

Wow--creek thru property!--ideal--got creeks and rivers about 10 miles out almost time to go fall in the creek--:)

Last summer bro and I were walking the banks, I hit a slick spot and not for him I would have been swimming in about 5seconds.

Like the boat pic--my kinda environment.

w8in4dave April 15th, 2011 09:21 AM

Yup I say a Creek runs thru it !! LOL I don't think I'd go swimming in it tho... Kids next door love it!! They are always playing in it around it or next to it lol ...But we don't care boys will be boys! I usually call it a ditch but it does have the name BayCreek so in reality according to the township it is a Creek :D It is bigger than usual ditches I'll have to find that pic and show you :D Later tho ... Have some running to do now :D

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 750736)
Ax: I am on here for a few minutes this morning before heading out to plant trees but will check back later.

Package arrived many thanks I brewed up a pot of the Sumatra this AM superb, I see why it is your favorite. The Boys were thrilled with the baseball cards, (five year old slept with them). My wife thought the Peridot was beautiful and you must be a bit Psychic as that is her birthstone. I will put the points and knocks to use as well as the feathers. Again the package was a very pleasant surprise.

I got one batch of cedar arrows last evening and will post some pics soon. Also got the flemish string will have to try it out when I get a moment.

I will send the stuff for my Mom out to her, I am sure she will be delighted. Did you find those garnets? They were beauties.

Beginning to worry a bit, guess postal service delayed it a bit.

Glad to see you got it and hope eveyone enjoys--

On the Peridot if you can find rough stones, Peridot can be melted, into a larger one,then faceted--wow three carat Peridot necklace.

I used to do faceting, I believe the garnets were from Burma or India, Opal from Coober Peddy,Au.--NC garnets are prime--they are very deep red and prettier than rubies.Have quite a few 'Bama garnets in the rough.

Excited about the Flemish string--Will send you the 2nd # of Sumatra,I promised at Xmas, the shelf was bare of it for some time, only one left.

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 750738)
Jeff,
I looked high and low for that fiberglass bow and cannot find it. must have gotten thrown out. sorry and I'll keep my eyes open for anything around here.

Ski, we talked about Candy Apple Red--pretty close-attached--

Magnetic Red II is what GM calls it.

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 750774)
Yup I say a Creek runs thru it !! LOL I don't think I'd go swimming in it tho... Kids next door love it!! They are always playing in it around it or next to it lol ...But we don't care boys will be boys! I usually call it a ditch but it does have the name BayCreek so in reality according to the township it is a Creek :D It is bigger than usual ditches I'll have to find that pic and show you :D Later tho ... Have some running to do now :D

Know what you mean--we have a Bayview Lake --Town Creek runs in to it--:)

axhandle April 15th, 2011 09:44 AM

Storm front moving in, T'storm Warning ,Tornado Watch--April 15th 6-7 yrs ago one went a quarter mile back of me--300mph winds, stayed on the ground for 15 miles and a path a mile wide--It's April 15th again--so talkin while I can--:D

Garlicluvr April 15th, 2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 750738)
Jeff,

Ski: Thanks for looking. I did get them each a kids bow, cheapy fiberglass for now if they keep at it I will get them some better ones as they grow out of the kids bows.

Got five of seven trees planted taking a break. Need to run to Home Depot for some mulch then plant the last two a pair of japanese plums.

axhandle April 15th, 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 750556)

Steve

Tweed , PM me your shipping address, have something for you.

RozieDozie April 15th, 2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750786)
Storm front moving in, T'storm Warning ,Tornado Watch--April 15th 6-7 yrs ago one went a quarter mile back of me--300mph winds, stayed on the ground for 15 miles and a path a mile wide--It's April 15th again--so talkin while I can--:D

Stau safe, Ax! Those storms are supposed to arrive here in the middle of the night. I hate when that happens. If I have to face a storm, I'd rather do it in the daylight.

Taking a break from working in the garden. Whew! I'm tired out! Everything's almost ready for plants, but had to order more peanuts. Had a heck of a time finding organic peanuts this year that didn't cost more than my car.... :D

axhandle April 15th, 2011 11:31 AM

Camp Stew:

Dutch Oven, good cut of meat, potatos, onions, carrotts, and garlic/salt pepper to taste.
cup or two of water.

Dig a pit deep enough so the top of oven has at least 4 -6 inches top clearance, fill bottom of pit with hot coals from campfire, put aluminum foil between lid and pot, and place in pit, cover all around and on top with more coals---and cover with some dirt.

Go off and do your thing for the day and supper will be waiting.:D

If you have a top bread insert for the oven, put in cornbread mix or bisquits.

axhandle April 15th, 2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RozieDozie (Post 750843)
Stau safe, Ax! Those storms are supposed to arrive here in the middle of the night. I hate when that happens. If I have to face a storm, I'd rather do it in the daylight.

Taking a break from working in the garden. Whew! I'm tired out! Everything's almost ready for plants, but had to order more peanuts. Had a heck of a time finding organic peanuts this year that didn't cost more than my car.... :D

It just now hit Rozie ,as we speak, to move into E. Al by this afternoon, keep a weather eye out over there , it''ll move N.E. from here, and looks like middle Ga wil get hit hard too.

Thanks--

axhandle April 15th, 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750849)
It just now hit Rozie ,as we speak, to move into E. Al by this afternoon, keep a weather eye out over there , it''ll move N.E. from here, and looks like middle Ga wil get hit hard too.

Thanks--

'Missus brought in some "German Johnsons" tomatos yesterday, first time for me, researched them the parent of "Mortgage Lifters" fellow paid his mortgage off selling them--

axhandle April 15th, 2011 11:45 AM

Hmmmm---light bulb, after reading about Mortgage Lifter tomatos and "Radiator Charlie" --since I'm an Alchemist(chuckle), and always some experimental crop--maybe a new variety of tomato in 2-3 yrs?--Interesting;):)

w8in4dave April 15th, 2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750865)
Hmmmm---light bulb, after reading about Mortgage Lifter tomatos and "Radiator Charlie" --since I'm an Alchemist(chuckle), and always some experimental crop--maybe a new variety of tomato in 2-3 yrs?--Interesting;):)

I bought some one time... must of been missed marked ... I have seen pick of them and what I had never came close ... I thought maybe one day I might buy some seeds or get some from an dig buddy .. and see if there is a big difference :D

w8in4dave April 15th, 2011 09:48 PM

Steve take your addy off the post... you were supposed to pm it hun... I hate to see people do this ... because now it is freely on the net ..For me please will you take it down :(

axhandle April 16th, 2011 09:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Japanese Relaxation--water (sound) hits paddle, paddle shakes chimes--very soft.

Maples seeded everywhere in the yard , yesterday 'Missus said , looking in her hanging basket on the deck--"Well looka here"--seed flew in and sprouted in her pot.

tweed April 16th, 2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 751208)
Steve take your addy off the post... you were supposed to pm it hun... I hate to see people do this ... because now it is freely on the net ..For me please will you take it down :(

Oops.
Thanks Dave. :)
The medicine I am taking is messing with me and I did that TOTALLY by mistake.
About freaked when I clicked on this link and saw that I had put it in the wrong place.
Thanks again. :)

Steve

tweed April 16th, 2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 750838)
Tweed , PM me your shipping address, have something for you.

Done. ;)

Steve

axhandle April 16th, 2011 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 751484)
Done. ;)

Steve

Got it--Ax.

Pepper April 16th, 2011 12:32 PM

Ax J found the packet ( it was stuck to the inside of the box ) Thanks I will have to wear a sports coat tomorrow and wear the lapel pin ! they are very nice J loves those stones / rocks i bought him a lupe (spelled wrong maybe ) like a monacle if its spelled wrong .and a book on rocks !:)

skiracer April 16th, 2011 03:16 PM

Ax, check in and let us know that you made it thru those storms. some pretty bad stuff down your way. hope everything is ok and no damage to your property or home.

axhandle April 16th, 2011 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 751542)
Ax J found the packet ( it was stuck to the inside of the box ) Thanks I will have to wear a sports coat tomorrow and wear the lapel pin ! they are very nice J loves those stones / rocks i bought him a lupe (spelled wrong maybe ) like a monacle if its spelled wrong .and a book on rocks !:)

Roger--;)

axhandle April 16th, 2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 751632)
Ax, check in and let us know that you made it thru those storms. some pretty bad stuff down your way. hope everything is ok and no damage to your property or home.

Stormed all day yesterday--three tornadoes touched down S. of me around Tuscaloosa, substantial damage.
Headed straight towards us , then split N.ans S.--Dodged the bullet again.
Thanks for inquiry--it lasted all day and moved in to Ga. about 6 P.M.

w8in4dave April 16th, 2011 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 751481)
Oops.
Thanks Dave. :)
The medicine I am taking is messing with me and I did that TOTALLY by mistake.
About freaked when I clicked on this link and saw that I had put it in the wrong place.
Thanks again. :)

Steve

No prob Sweettweed :D

tweed April 17th, 2011 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 751848)
No prob Sweettweed :D

:D

axhandle April 17th, 2011 03:53 PM

Jeff--looked again at your bow Posts--the Tigercat was very popular--back when.

Most of the hunters liked a shorter bow, I always liked longer--faster , more stable.

axhandle April 17th, 2011 04:00 PM

What a weekend!

Storms' all day Friday, followed by two other "Storms"-- both G'Kids--on Sat.:D
Ground saturated with water till today--planted tomatos 18 I think, different types, lit up Burn Pile before No Burn Notice hits, cleaned out sluice for panning,--etc.A Grand Day, "All 'Way 'Round"

'Missus said this morn at 0900 "Just going to stay out about an Hr"---1530 hrs--she's still out--chuckle--I knew it.

axhandle April 17th, 2011 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Help!!!-what is this stuff and how do I kill it--

w8in4dave April 17th, 2011 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752209)

LOL
Sorry ax I thought it was a grass joke ... But I see it is not.. :(

Pepper April 17th, 2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752209)

call in fast movers weeds in open danger close :DNAPALM it

axhandle April 17th, 2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 752274)
call in fast movers weeds in open danger close :DNAPALM it

"Three Rounds, Willie Peter"--out the "Spout".:D

axhandle April 18th, 2011 07:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The mornings bit of useless knowledge:--Absinthe.(The Green Faerie"

French wine grape crops failed so Absinthe was born to substitute.Origionally all natural organic ingrediants.

Wine producers waged sabotage campaigns as it gained over wine, thus "poison", and people go "mad", and some did after 15-20/day:D.

Wine makers finally won out---

Cardinal point the "madness" despite the small amounts of thujones from the Wormwood, turned out not to be the culprit, it was the Copper Sulfate some cheap Manufacturers were putting in to give it the characteristic green color.--

"The Green Faerie, who lives in the Absinthe, She wants your Soul"

Garlicluvr April 18th, 2011 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752199)
Jeff--looked again at your bow Posts--the Tigercat was very popular--back when.

Most of the hunters liked a shorter bow, I always liked longer--faster , more stable.

Ax: Bought the tigercat because the price and weight were right. For a recurve it is actually decent length 62", smoother and faster then the popular 56" or 58" ones. I like longer limbs too smoother and faster overall. Have seen a few 64" hunting or mid weight recurves and some long up to 68" or 70" target recurves like the Wing Archery Presentation II. One on ebay now 35#.

The tigercat for a 40# bow really flings the arrows. Puts them through the Indian cord target matt I bought the 25# bow doesnt. And on stacked cardboard/partical board targets at local archery range it buries them pretty deep, so they are difficult to pull. I dont have a chronograph and am not really worried about actual velocity just know they penetrate real good.

axhandle April 18th, 2011 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 752588)
Ax: Bought the tigercat because the price and weight were right. For a recurve it is actually decent length 62", smoother and faster then the popular 56" or 58" ones. I like longer limbs too smoother and faster overall. Have seen a few 64" hunting or mid weight recurves and some long up to 68" or 70" target recurves like the Wing Archery Presentation II. One on ebay now 35#.

The tigercat for a 40# bow really flings the arrows. Puts them through the Indian cord target matt I bought the 25# bow doesnt. And on stacked cardboard/partical board targets at local archery range it buries them pretty deep, so they are difficult to pull. I dont have a chronograph and am not really worried about actual velocity just know they penetrate real good.

Going to look up that "Wing"-- Deja Vu--sold my old T-Bird from Wing "Many Moons Ago"--Black Beauty and recurve similar to Turkish--miss it.
Shot flat trajectory further and high velocity.

The "Bear Bunch"--never would admit it--chuckle.

Fruit Trees--thought the Japanese Peaches, next door neighbor(80yrs) cut down lastyear, after 30 yrs were gone-I lamented because I thought they were gone----Ohhh, Noo he propogated them---he's a Jewel--looka here--!!

The trees grow fast, small peaches, not so good looking for some--but the best taste and preserves --ever.

Guess this line goes back to the 20's or 30's ??--Don't know , but are Very--good!

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752573)
The mornings bit of useless knowledge:--Absinthe.(The Green Faerie"

French wine grape crops failed so Absinthe was born to substitute.Origionally all natural organic ingrediants.

Wine producers waged sabotage campaigns as it gained over wine, thus "poison", and people go "mad", and some did after 15-20/day:D.

Wine makers finally won out---

Cardinal point the "madness" despite the small amounts of thujones from the Wormwood, turned out not to be the culprit, it was the Copper Sulfate some cheap Manufacturers were putting in to give it the characteristic green color.--

"The Green Faerie, who lives in the Absinthe, She wants your Soul"

nice ax!

axhandle April 18th, 2011 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752644)
nice ax!

Mornin, Dave , and how is the "Far Country"? chilly still, I surmise--

Maybe some warmth, therin, attached--the Azalea in front blooms early, then shoots, the one in the back blooms later, timely planting ,I'd say---"Missus had a ball yesterday( hasn't fared well with thyroidectomy for a year now),and glad to get back to her outdoor "Digging", as I call it.

We worked yesterday (she outdid me), aggravated each other all day, then sat on the deck laughing and reflecting back.

woodwitch April 18th, 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752639)
Going to look up that "Wing"-- Deja Vu--sold my old T-Bird from Wing "Many Moons Ago"--Black Beauty and recurve similar to Turkish--miss it.
Shot flat trajectory further and high velocity.

The "Bear Bunch"--never would admit it--chuckle.

Fruit Trees--thought the Japanese Peaches, next door neighbor(80yrs) cut down lastyear, after 30 yrs were gone-I lamented because I thought they were gone----Ohhh, Noo he propogated them---he's a Jewel--looka here--!!

The trees grow fast, small peaches, not so good looking for some--but the best taste and preserves --ever.

Guess this line goes back to the 20's or 30's ??--Don't know , but are Very--good!

I have two peach trees or my place that have very small tart peaches that are great for canning and cooking. I wonder if that is what they are.

axhandle April 18th, 2011 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752655)

Maybe some warmth, therin, attached--the Azalea in front blooms early, then shoots, the one in the back blooms later, timely planting ,I'd say---"Missus had a ball yesterday( hasn't fared well with thyroidectomy for a year now),and glad to get back to her outdoor "Digging", as I call it.

We worked yesterday (she outdid me), aggravated each other all day, then sat on the deck laughing and reflecting back.

Forgot--P.S.--- "Life is Gravy"

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

I have to be quiet till about one... hubs works nights yesterday and today but as I look out the window I see....
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/bfdfbaeb.jpg

axhandle April 18th, 2011 09:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Dummy Me been up since 0500--too early--chuckle--, forgot pic.

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 09:26 AM

Beautiful ax!!!! Just beauteous!

axhandle April 18th, 2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752660)
I have to be quiet till about one... hubs works nights yesterday and today but as I look out the window I see....
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/bfdfbaeb.jpg

Man,O Man--With your permission,--- I'd like to save your pic, and look at it about July and August here, put it on my screensaver,--refreshing and a rare thing here in 'Bama.!!

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 09:31 AM

Of course you can ax :D look close at my plate lol Altho it is still snowing I may have to w8 a while and get another pic ....

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752676)
Of course you can ax :D look close at my plate lol Altho it is still snowing I may have to w8 a while and get another pic ....

Curiosity always killed my cat--:)

Scratched chin, dusted off the old KGB, Alchemy and CIA books off--

Is IGOTBYU close enough---?--;)---:)--Good Shot---reminds me ,got to find my Fly Rod--the Bream are out now.

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
-------------"Tale of 'Tha Rogue Tomato"---

"In Days 'O Old"
"One Broke from the Fold"

"Rampant, He Ran"
"Throughout the Land"

"Yet ,One Day"
"To his , Dismay"---"Take ,Me!!--and Enjoy Thee!!"

"So, I incarcerated him, and summarilay hung him"----chuckle---Ax.

My "Experiment" as shown on T.V.--only modified--chuckle--50 cents .

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752708)
Curiosity always killed my cat--:)

Scratched chin, dusted off the old KGB, Alchemy and CIA books off--

Is IGOTBYU close enough---?--;)---:)--Good Shot---reminds me ,got to find my Fly Rod--the Bream are out now.

Yup thats it!! LOL I was almost going to use that as my avatar name but sounds like a spammer LOL ... I just rejoined T ville ... they wouldn't let me in on my old account ..... pfffftttt And I don't know how to navigate around this Mac well enuf to fix it! LOL maybe when my Son is around I can :D

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752714)
-------------"Tale of 'Tha Rogue Tomato"---

"In Days 'O Old"
"One Broke from the Fold"

"Rampant, He Ran"
"Throughout the Land"

"Yet ,One Day"
"To his , Dismay"---"Take ,Me!!--and Enjoy Thee!!"

"So, I incarcerated him, and summarilay hung him"----chuckle---Ax.

My "Experiment" as shown on T.V.--only modified--chuckle--50 cents .

Cool!! :D

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:30 AM

----"How to Set up a Sundial"---

"It's has to Face North"
"I know That!!, Which way is North, Mr. Know it all!!

"Look at your watch and set the Sundial, I'll be back later"---chuckle--Ax.

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752731)
----"How to Set up a Sundial"---

"It's has to Face North"
"I know That!!, Which way is North, Mr. Know it all!!

"Look at your watch and set the Sundial, I'll be back later"---chuckle--Ax.

LOL ....... Where do you come up with this stuff Ax ? Oh yea I found that bow of Daves I will have to get a pic of it after while :D

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752719)
Yup thats it!! LOL I was almost going to use that as my avatar name but sounds like a spammer LOL ... I just rejoined T ville ... they wouldn't let me in on my old account ..... pfffftttt And I don't know how to navigate around this Mac well enuf to fix it! LOL maybe when my Son is around I can :D

I know you better, and can spot Spammers before I wake up--;):D

Post The Avatar---!!!!

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752676)

Well, it's done--real Mi.snow in 'Bama when it's 105---:)

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:40 AM

What I ment was I was going to use IGOTBYU as a name instead of w8in4dave lol but to me it sounded like spam .... Or someone who is untrusting ... I think you can trust someone who is w8in before you can trust someone who is gettinbya LOL I don't know maybe I need my second cup of tea this morning???? I lost two boxes of tea! How does that happen??? They were on the back porch... goodthing I have my loose leaf tea .... I am kinda miffed because I knew I was getting low and was going to grab them boxes and put them up and w8ted well guess who should not have w8ted!! They are gone.... Someone took my Tea!!

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 752739)
Well, it's done--real Mi.snow in 'Bama when it's 105---:)

105 :eek: wow!! Thats Hot!

axhandle April 18th, 2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752743)
105 :eek: wow!! Thats Hot!

"People Down South go Barefooted,Cut Off Shorts,and all the 'Lazy Fishinpoles' they can carry, some rope to make a swing out in the creek,--then--not now--it was "Tarzan and Jane" ('50's)-- I didn't even have a T.V. or radio until a year later.

Oh, Boy --Some of those "Janes"-- I learned --"Early On"(at 8)--Not the Gender , it's the Person"

w8in4dave April 18th, 2011 10:59 AM

Hehehheee

axhandle April 18th, 2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752741)
What I ment was I was going to use IGOTBYU as a name instead of w8in4dave lol but to me it sounded like spam .... Or someone who is untrusting ... I think you can trust someone who is w8in before you can trust someone who is gettinbya LOL I don't know maybe I need my second cup of tea this morning???? I lost two boxes of tea! How does that happen??? They were on the back porch... goodthing I have my loose leaf tea .... I am kinda miffed because I knew I was getting low and was going to grab them boxes and put them up and w8ted well guess who should not have w8ted!! They are gone.... Someone took my Tea!!

No Spam--post it Dave--

"Musta been a Mouse , that took your Tea"--chuckle

axhandle April 18th, 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 752733)
LOL ....... Where do you come up with this stuff Ax ? Oh yea I found that bow of Daves I will have to get a pic of it after while :D

"Somwhere"--- in the "Back of My mind"--:)

axhandle April 18th, 2011 01:43 PM

"English Heir"-to a Tin Mine in Greece---: (at the Dockeside ,--Cafe)

What Work do You Do?"

" I have head, hands and -feet--Who the H-- am I to Choose!?"

Zorba , The Greek, Anthony Quinn.

Pepper April 18th, 2011 03:02 PM

sun dails watchs and other trival stuff > when the sun is going down its west point the 12 toward the sun 12 is west 6 is east 9 is south 3 is north .ROUGHLY lol lol :D

axhandle April 19th, 2011 07:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sure is nice ,Pep being retired--no clocks, calender --'cept for appts.--sleep when sleepy--etc.
Work force had me for 43+ years---now I'm on my own time--

Yep--the old watch trick--have used it a couple times.:)

axhandle April 19th, 2011 09:58 AM

After some 43+ years of regimented work force, (in between being drafted), and about 5 yrs of "What do I do!!!??, now that I am retired??"--chuckle, not my question--I have plenty to do that I've planned for over the years.

Now I am an Alchemist,--earned it--chuckle---Ax.

Hope everyone is doing well--sometimes my posts may be interpreted as bragging, but to the contrary--I was taught in-- Sharing--

Ajla April 19th, 2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 753382)
After some 43+ years of regimented work force, (in between being drafted), and about 5 yrs of "What do I do!!!??, now that I am retired??"--chuckle, not my question--I have plenty to do that I've planned for over the years.

Now I am an Alchemist,--earned it--chuckle---Ax.

Hope everyone is doing well--sometimes my posts may be interpreted as bragging, but to the contrary--I was taught in-- Sharing--

Did you read the Alchemist, Ax? I really enjoyed that!

axhandle April 19th, 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 753413)
Did you read the Alchemist, Ax? I really enjoyed that!

I have such a sense of ", early on, about "Adventure"--even before going to School at 6 yrs.old--I wanted to "Join the Legion" at 12.

Time and Tide --education, years--I'm Satisfied.

P.S. Waiting for you to tell me when I need to dig my --"Lone Tulip" up--(My own prize)--Depending on You--Ax.

Garlicluvr April 19th, 2011 11:23 AM

Good morning Ax. Not much new here my potatoes are popping out of the ground after the recent rains, getting some asparagus we ate a batch monday for dinner.
Shot some of the port orford arrows last evening they fly pretty well out of the tigercat, need to try flinging a few with the longbow.

I am grouping pretty decent at ten yards, still a few flyers here and there where I mess up a release, dont anchor in the exact same spot or some other form error but getting tighter and more consistent. Backed up to 20 yards groups opened up double in size or more but still not bad. Backed up to thirty I can keep them all on the 36" diameter target but forget about the ten ring, do manage to keep most in 3-ring or higher a flyer here and there in the 1 or 2 ring but none off target or completely outside the scoring rings.

Looking forward to a Dinner date with my wife tonight, kids are at grandma's for easter break so we get a chance to go out just the two of us. It is always nice when we get the chance to have a date night.

axhandle April 19th, 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 753460)
I have such a sense of ", early on, about "Adventure"--even before going to School at 6 yrs.old--I wanted to "Join the Legion" at 12.

Time and Tide --education, years--I'm Satisfied.

P.S. Waiting for you to tell me when I need to dig my --"Lone Tulip" up--(My own prize)--Depending on You--Ax.

Back from, Veneizia , or yet to go ?

axhandle April 19th, 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 753462)
Good morning Ax. Not much new here my potatoes are popping out of the ground after the recent rains, getting some asparagus we ate a batch monday for dinner.
Shot some of the port orford arrows last evening they fly pretty well out of the tigercat, need to try flinging a few with the longbow.

I am grouping pretty decent at ten yards, still a few flyers here and there where I mess up a release, dont anchor in the exact same spot or some other form error but getting tighter and more consistent. Backed up to 20 yards groups opened up double in size or more but still not bad. Backed up to thirty I can keep them all on the 36" diameter target but forget about the ten ring, do manage to keep most in 3-ring or higher a flyer here and there in the 1 or 2 ring but none off target or completely outside the scoring rings.

Looking forward to a Dinner date with my wife tonight, kids are at grandma's for easter break so we get a chance to go out just the two of us. It is always nice when we get the chance to have a date night.

Aspargus!!, You Turkey!!--chuckle-- I love it, doesent grow well where I am in N.W., 'Bama--rumor stands that down down in the deep forest, and along the path--"They ,Are"--:);)

axhandle April 19th, 2011 03:38 PM

___"How to Plant a "Damater""---

"Dig a hole about this deep, put in a handful of 13-13-13 in the bottom, two handfuls if you have small hands,add a handful of lime, and mix it up Real Good, put about this much soil on top of it".

"Pinch off the bottom branches of the plant (pinch, it seals it off), those hairy things are roots, and bury it up to the first big branch, 'cept for lookin after it ,all along, and maybe some Stop-Rot--have all you want."

Better Listen--Door Neighbor is a Master Gardener---by Experience.