IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle January 24th, 2011 07:40 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Jeff, maybe not the one you are looking for (made notes), but I found this one to be quite relaxing.

axhandle January 24th, 2011 07:45 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 697956)
I love to investigate thru the web these different characters I have never heard of before. This woman was an interesting personality who with a number of her group of followers and practicioners disappeared sometime in 1945 without a trace. thought to have gone to anther galaxy or constellation somewhere out there.

I love puzzles--in addition Maria is one of the most beguiling creatures I have ever laid eyes on.She can take me to Aldeberan any day--:)

Steady and wholesome diet of the Golden Age of Sci Fi--'50's and early '60's.---priceless.

axhandle January 24th, 2011 07:47 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 698730)
Jeff, maybe not the one you are looking for (made notes), but I found this one to be quite relaxing.

P.S. Hang loose a couple more days on the I.D.--one last hint might tip the scales--;):)

w8in4dave January 24th, 2011 08:31 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax is workin it!! :D
Ax I was wondering if it was an actuall sea captain or not...... If that is it , that is not what I was looking for. Maby we were looking for two totally diffrent photos? Great Job!! Keep on trudging for the other one.. I think I may need a microscope LOL ... And your girl I think she is in space.... I am not sure what you are looking for on her.. she was mixed up in some weird stuff. They seem to think they flew into space or something. With Taurus or something....

Ajla January 24th, 2011 08:53 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
What about Santa Cecilia and the angel? Or no, maybe The lute player?

axhandle January 24th, 2011 09:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 698764)
Ax is workin it!! :D
Ax I was wondering if it was an actuall sea captain or not...... If that is it , that is not what I was looking for. Maby we were looking for two totally diffrent photos? Great Job!! Keep on trudging for the other one.. I think I may need a microscope LOL ... And your girl I think she is in space.... I am not sure what you are looking for on her.. she was mixed up in some weird stuff. They seem to think they flew into space or something. With Taurus or something....

Maria was a real person, I look no further than that--mixed up? weired stuff?--"Don't Know"----just from 'Bama.

Garlicluvr January 24th, 2011 11:14 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 698783)
What about Santa Cecilia and the angel? Or no, maybe The lute player?

Ajla gets the prize. It is the Lute player

Will post the full pic in a few.

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr January 24th, 2011 11:24 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Here is the whole painting The Lute Player by Orazio Gentileschi

http://gallery.me.com/thedegraffs/10...12953741890001

I have a few more for later in the week.


Good Job Ajla.:)


Jeff:)

Garlicluvr January 24th, 2011 11:28 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 698730)
Jeff, maybe not the one you are looking for (made notes), but I found this one to be quite relaxing.

Very nice Ax, not the one yet. I used to have a book with the painting in it but dont have the book any longer and cant remember the title or artist. Without either I haven't been able to find it with a web search.


Jeff:)

skiracer January 24th, 2011 05:26 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Jeff,
definitely threw us off with the portion or the violin. good challenge. are we still out to lunch with the "sea captain" pic.

axhandle January 24th, 2011 05:34 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 698872)
Ajla gets the prize. It is the Lute player

Will post the full pic in a few.

Jeff:)

Ten -Gulden, to Ajla--it was a tough one.

w8in4dave January 24th, 2011 07:06 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 698783)
What about Santa Cecilia and the angel? Or no, maybe The lute player?

Yay!!! Ajla!!! Good for you!!! Woot Woot!!

redneckplanter January 24th, 2011 07:15 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
dawendy can't post anmoretoday cause she has a punkin seed hernia.....smiles

w8in4dave January 24th, 2011 07:24 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Red what are you doing in here when there is an egg beater w8n4ya?

redneckplanter January 24th, 2011 07:25 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699112)
Red what are you doing in here when there is an egg beater w8n4ya?

phhhhhhhhbbbbbbbbbbttttttttttttttt!
in memory of ma.......

w8in4dave January 24th, 2011 07:26 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Exactly really it is :D BIL was going to throw it away ..

redneckplanter January 24th, 2011 07:28 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
looks like an ecco model?

w8in4dave January 24th, 2011 07:32 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 699120)
looks like an ecco model?

No model # or name on them .. here is a pic for everyone eles to know what we are talking about...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/993ed173.jpg

axhandle January 25th, 2011 06:53 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699123)
No model # or name on them .. here is a pic for everyone eles to know what we are talking about...
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/993ed173.jpg

Bet it's made in Italy.

axhandle January 25th, 2011 07:03 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
3 Attachment(s)
Should be a piece of cake-who are-the photographers-#1,#2,-First name starts with a K and last a P, from Slovakia.
#3----chuckle.

Ajla January 25th, 2011 07:42 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 698730)
Jeff, maybe not the one you are looking for (made notes), but I found this one to be quite relaxing.

I wouldn't mind sitting there with my grandson! The Strecno riverbanks are so damp!

axhandle January 25th, 2011 10:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 699342)
I wouldn't mind sitting there with my grandson! The Strecno riverbanks are so damp!

But would I love to explore those castle ruins perched atop that peak across the river, secret passages, maybe something left behind!--an adventure--

w8in4dave January 25th, 2011 10:48 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is one I am sure you all remember....I seen an up date on her she was married with two kids at the time of the update ....

Garlicluvr January 25th, 2011 11:24 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699479)
This is one I am sure you all remember....I seen an up date on her she was married with two kids at the time of the update ....

I saw that too dave. The famous National Geographic picture of the little Afghan girl. It is a classic.


Jeff:)

w8in4dave January 25th, 2011 11:35 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax I love the pic of the first girl!! Now I can usually figure out paintings ...Hence the word usually but not to good with photographers ...But she is a beauty

axhandle January 25th, 2011 11:39 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699479)
This is one I am sure you all remember....I seen an up date on her she was married with two kids at the time of the update ....

Vividly--the plight and green eyes---:

Plight--finally someone took notice(Wish I could send her something of note,and to her needs)--National Geographic--Kudos and favorite Mag, Missus just got me a subscription.
The Green Eyes--most unusual, as compared to the norm, but the region, history,dictates more than just dark eyes.

w8in4dave January 25th, 2011 11:42 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 699505)
Vividly--the plight and green eyes---:

Plight--finally someone took notice(Wish I could send her something of note,and to her needs)--National Geographic--Kudos and favorite Mag, Missus just got me a subscription.
The Green Eyes--most unusual, as compared to the norm, but the region, history,dictates more than just dark eyes.

Yes .... You are so right!! It's like you can see her struggles ... See her soul......

axhandle January 25th, 2011 11:55 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699502)
Ax I love the pic of the first girl!! Now I can usually figure out paintings ...Hence the word Paintings but not to good with photographers ...But she is a beauty

Karel Plicka--the photo (Superb) was taken by him in ? late '30's -'40's? I have it buried here somewhere, the subject is a doll, and Plicka recognized that.

#3--Ax's Grandaughter --some 70 years later, out on the frontyard, times(subjects) changed ?--not really ---Ax.

axhandle January 25th, 2011 12:08 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 699506)
Yes .... You are so right!! It's like you can see her struggles ... See her soul......

When I saw it ,Dave on the cover, as issued by NG--after my notion,--"Probably the best picture of the next 5 decades"--and the Year is 2011.

Autumn January 25th, 2011 01:37 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Interesting story about the Afgan Girl and Steve McCurry.

2. Steve McCurry, Afghan Girl, 1984

Magnum photographer Steve McCurry’s portrait of an anonymous 12-year-old Afghan girl was taken in a refugee camp on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border in 1983. The image, famous for the girl’s piercing green eyes, originally ran as the cover of the June 1985 issue of National Geographic and since that time has become one of the most iconic, recognizable photographs ever taken.

Now, to be fair, it took a lot for Steve McCurry to get this picture. At the time, Afghanistan was under the rule of rebel leaders fighting off the Soviet invasion, and McCurry had to don native garb in order sneak into rebel controlled territories along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. When he left Afghanistan, he sewed his rolls of film into the fabric of his clothing and smuggled the images out of the country. When he returned to the United States he was, deservedly, awarded the Robert Capa Gold Medal for Best Photographic Reporting from Abroad.

w8in4dave January 25th, 2011 02:06 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Autumn (Post 699575)
Interesting story about the Afgan Girl and Steve McCurry.

2. Steve McCurry, Afghan Girl, 1984

Magnum photographer Steve McCurry’s portrait of an anonymous 12-year-old Afghan girl was taken in a refugee camp on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border in 1983. The image, famous for the girl’s piercing green eyes, originally ran as the cover of the June 1985 issue of National Geographic and since that time has become one of the most iconic, recognizable photographs ever taken.

Now, to be fair, it took a lot for Steve McCurry to get this picture. At the time, Afghanistan was under the rule of rebel leaders fighting off the Soviet invasion, and McCurry had to don native garb in order sneak into rebel controlled territories along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border. When he left Afghanistan, he sewed his rolls of film into the fabric of his clothing and smuggled the images out of the country. When he returned to the United States he was, deservedly, awarded the Robert Capa Gold Medal for Best Photographic Reporting from Abroad.

Looks like we have ourselves another player :D

w8in4dave January 25th, 2011 02:09 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax The last Cutie is a beauty
http://idigmygarden.com/forums/attac...1&d=1295960437

Ajla January 26th, 2011 11:26 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
I know this isn't the one either, but I like it, and just to remind Dave that we aren't done yet! :D

w8in4dave January 26th, 2011 03:15 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I will not be done searching for the captain and girl...just taking a break... Ya'all carry on :D

skiracer January 26th, 2011 08:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
ok here is another one by a very famous painter and one of my favs. first clue is a small portion of the painting.

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/711/cezzane1.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

w8in4dave January 27th, 2011 01:03 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I think that is a very small clue ...lol but I will look it up

skiracer January 27th, 2011 01:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 700770)
I think that is a very small clue ...lol but I will look it up

it is a small clue. you guys are too good. cant give you to much. and you have an unfair advantage with your new computer.

skiracer January 27th, 2011 07:45 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I'll enlarge the clue! this is almost a giveaway now.

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4618/cezzane2.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

w8in4dave January 27th, 2011 08:12 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
that link didn't do anything but send me to imageshack sign up page

skiracer January 27th, 2011 08:50 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 700945)
that link didn't do anything but send me to imageshack sign up page

that is just the name of the place i use to upload my images. imageshack.com.
dont you see the portion of the painting?

w8in4dave January 27th, 2011 09:04 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 700975)
that is just the name of the place i use to upload my images. imageshack.com.
dont you see the portion of the painting?

see it now ..thanks I am on it!!

axhandle January 28th, 2011 08:43 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Cezanne--"The Blue Vase"

axhandle January 28th, 2011 08:46 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 701186)
Cezanne--"The Blue Vase"

Cezanne repeats the pattern and color sequences in quite a few of his paintings, and brush strokes---Typically French.:)

axhandle January 28th, 2011 09:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Dave--left you a note on Castille Soap.
Jeff watch the mail next week or so.
Ski--sorted out some bayonets last week, thinking about e-bay--found my Woodsman Pal also I had forgotten.
Plant--is 'Tha Busy Man--:)
Autumn--Thanks for post--I have to find my origional copy of NG, think I'll seal it off.
Chick--Almost time to wander in the forest,I ran in to a character in N.Ga last year he calls himself The Wizard--does nothing but harvest herbs mushrooms etc--some of his tales about the mushrooms-:D-will post one for you later.
and Mornin All, haven't been to active Cabin Fever and Wanderlust is setting in, got to pick up my list of projects again--weather is breaking to spring weather for a couple weeks--going to 58 today and tomorrow and mild next week.

axhandle January 28th, 2011 09:12 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
The title--The Matchmaker--Ajla can read the tag--

w8in4dave January 28th, 2011 09:07 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
yea I have been so sick...Sorry kinda outta the game ... just not with it....

skiracer January 28th, 2011 09:15 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 701186)
Cezanne--"The Blue Vase"

right painter, but i think you have the name of the painting wrong. he does have a painting called "flowers in a blue vase" but this painting is a different painting. but it is a Cezzane so thats close enough and wouldnt be that hard to find the right one.

w8in4dave January 28th, 2011 09:22 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I have searched Cezanne pics I figured I was wrong on the painter.... but like I said I have been out of it

w8in4dave January 28th, 2011 09:24 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
The Bouquet, paul Cezanne

w8in4dave January 28th, 2011 09:25 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I don't deserve that one

Garlicluvr January 29th, 2011 08:21 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 701199)
Dave--left you a note on Castille Soap.
Jeff watch the mail next week or so.
Ski--sorted out some bayonets last week, thinking about e-bay--found my Woodsman Pal also I had forgotten.
Plant--is 'Tha Busy Man--:)
Autumn--Thanks for post--I have to find my origional copy of NG, think I'll seal it off.
Chick--Almost time to wander in the forest,I ran in to a character in N.Ga last year he calls himself The Wizard--does nothing but harvest herbs mushrooms etc--some of his tales about the mushrooms-:D-will post one for you later.
and Mornin All, haven't been to active Cabin Fever and Wanderlust is setting in, got to pick up my list of projects again--weather is breaking to spring weather for a couple weeks--going to 58 today and tomorrow and mild next week.

Will keep my eye on it. Thanks Ax. Been a little scattered here lately wife was sick then youngest got the flu and was out of school for a week, then I got it and am finally getting over it.




Jeff:)

w8in4dave January 29th, 2011 09:13 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 701659)
Will keep my eye on it. Thanks Ax. Been a little scattered here lately wife was sick then youngest got the flu and was out of school for a week, then I got it and am finally getting over it.




Jeff:)

Hope you are feeling better Jeff!!

axhandle January 29th, 2011 03:39 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 701503)
right painter, but i think you have the name of the painting wrong. he does have a painting called "flowers in a blue vase" but this painting is a different painting. but it is a Cezzane so thats close enough and wouldnt be that hard to find the right one.

"Bouquet of Flowers--Cezanne--c.1879.

Note Cezanne's habits in color and placement of flowers in the two pics--:)

axhandle January 29th, 2011 03:44 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Dave's got a broken wrist, Jeff getting over the Flu and I have Wanderlust---:)fantastic day--68 F and same tomorrow--the forest is beautiful this time of year--ran across a deer--would go about 175 lbs--pretty thing, scampered off before I could get my camera up--critters all over the place.

Also,numerous Boar Trots and Scrapes.---BBQ!!!:D

axhandle January 29th, 2011 04:01 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 701876)
Dave's got a broken wrist, Jeff getting over the Flu and I have Wanderlust---:)fantastic day--68 F and same tomorrow--the forest is beautiful this time of year--ran across a deer--would go about 175 lbs--pretty thing, scampered off before I could get my camera up--critters all over the place.

Also,numerous Boar Trots and Scrapes.---BBQ!!!:D

Who knows?, maybe around the next bend--;)


G.Hildebrandt credit.

skiracer January 29th, 2011 06:44 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 701872)
"Bouquet of Flowers--Cezanne--c.1879.

Note Cezanne's habits in color and placement of flowers in the two pics--:)

good call Ax. top one is the right one from what i took the capture of initially.

axhandle January 29th, 2011 07:58 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Thanks ,Ski--good shot---Thought of you the other day, I remember playing darts down at the Pig'n whistle in Browns Mill-with a-friend of mine, he was stationed at McGuire--grew up back home together--ironic I guess.

skiracer January 29th, 2011 08:16 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 702012)
Thanks ,Ski--good shot---Thought of you the other day, I remember playing darts down at the Pig'n whistle in Browns Mill-with a-friend of mine, he was stationed at McGuire--grew up back home together--ironic I guess.

I have done the same many times at the Pig'nWhistle. if you headed east on Rt. 530 from the Pig'nWhistle about a mile or two down the road you cross the dam at the lake in Browns Mills. there used to be a gin mill called the Lakeside Tavern that was right across from the lake opposite the dam. it was a dart players hangout. I been going in there since i was 15 or 16. it was about 30 mins. from Lakehurst where i lived to the bar and since i've been shaving since I was about 13 i was always the one that had to go in to get the cardboard qt. containers. needless to say I became a regular there and quite well known to the bartenders.

w8in4dave January 29th, 2011 11:19 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Both are very beautiful Cezanne pics.. Sorry you missed the pics of the deer Ax..I can never get my camera ready in time.. Critters are just to fast!

w8in4dave January 29th, 2011 11:21 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Here we go..

chickweed January 30th, 2011 10:18 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Hey, guys! Been MIA and nursing a bad mood. Things got knocked into perspective this weekend.......Just to let you know, since most of you are not on face book - Kellygirl and Woodwitch both lost their mothers to long illnesses this weekend. Both mothers passed peacefully.

w8in4dave January 30th, 2011 10:20 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Well I am sorry to hear that, will have to go in there and give my comdolences..Sorry to hear your not up to par Chick. Huggs!

chickweed January 30th, 2011 10:20 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 702117)
Here we go..

I can't cyber sign it! Write "KLUTZ! - LOVE CHICKIE" on it for me:D

w8in4dave January 30th, 2011 10:22 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
LOL Thanks!!

Autumn January 30th, 2011 11:20 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
My heart goes out to Woodwitch and Kellygirl for their losses of the dear Mothers. Bless you both.

Just viewed this on Utube: Truly awesome and wanted to share with you all.

http://www2.choralnet.org/268945.html

Garlicluvr January 30th, 2011 01:47 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Dave: Hope your wrist heals fast.

Chick hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear about Kellygirl and Woodwitch my thoughts go out to them.

I am finally back to normal. Made some Ham/potatoe chowder today and just relaxing and thinking about spring planting.

I have a bit to do to get ready need to figure out what is going on with my backpack sprayer, doesn't want to pump up or build up pressure, maybe sticky ball valve bad seals etc. I also need to order a few seeds lettuce, string beans etc and get a load of topsoil and a load of mulch in here before tree planting time.

Jeff:)

skiracer January 30th, 2011 02:58 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
hope your doing and feeling better Chick! losing a loved one, especially ones mother, does put things into perspective as to what is significant and what's not.
when you think about it we all have alot to be thankful for.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 702280)
Hey, guys! Been MIA and nursing a bad mood. Things got knocked into perspective this weekend.......Just to let you know, since most of you are not on face book - Kellygirl and Woodwitch both lost their mothers to long illnesses this weekend. Both mothers passed peacefully.


MVNewf January 30th, 2011 03:17 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Sorry to hear that.....please let them know I am thinking about them... I do not have a facebook account

w8in4dave January 30th, 2011 04:18 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVNewf (Post 702444)
Sorry to hear that.....please let them know I am thinking about them... I do not have a facebook account

I sent them each a message ... Didn't woodwitch just move back in with her parents??

skiracer January 30th, 2011 04:59 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 702466)
I sent them each a message ... Didn't woodwitch just move back in with her parents??

I dont think so Chick. I think she and her husband have their own place. Her mother has been ill for some time and woodwitch has taken her mom in to live with her and has been taking care of her mother for some time. even when you know the outcome is inevitable these situations are hard to deal with when they finally do happen. we should all pray for both woodwitch and kellygirrl and their mothers.

chickweed January 30th, 2011 05:12 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 702466)
I sent them each a message ... Didn't woodwitch just move back in with her parents??

Wendy, her mother has been living with her husband and her. She quit her job as a nurse to be able to care for her mother at home.

chickweed January 30th, 2011 05:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Kelly was caring for her mother at home, too.

axhandle January 31st, 2011 06:52 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 702032)
I have done the same many times at the Pig'nWhistle. if you headed east on Rt. 530 from the Pig'nWhistle about a mile or two down the road you cross the dam at the lake in Browns Mills. there used to be a gin mill called the Lakeside Tavern that was right across from the lake opposite the dam. it was a dart players hangout. I been going in there since i was 15 or 16. it was about 30 mins. from Lakehurst where i lived to the bar and since i've been shaving since I was about 13 i was always the one that had to go in to get the cardboard qt. containers. needless to say I became a regular there and quite well known to the bartenders.

Be darn--thru the haze of years (and probably too much Schaeffers at the time)--we stopped by there after leaving the P&W--once--I keep visualizing a wooden structure tavern with a plate glass window in front?--Deja Vu--

axhandle January 31st, 2011 06:54 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 702117)
Here we go..

Dave you did it up a good one--you have to quit Break Dancing--:D
Hope not too much pain.

axhandle January 31st, 2011 06:56 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Condolences Kelly and Wood--always tough to lose family, at any age.

axhandle January 31st, 2011 07:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 702280)
Hey, guys! Been MIA and nursing a bad mood. Things got knocked into perspective this weekend.......Just to let you know, since most of you are not on face book - Kellygirl and Woodwitch both lost their mothers to long illnesses this weekend. Both mothers passed peacefully.

Bad mood, knew I heard Rolling Thunder coming from Va. last week--:D

axhandle January 31st, 2011 07:27 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Well, it's Monday--raining here till Wed.

I know Jeff is still not feeling well from the Flu, and needs to get his appetite back --so-:

":)Take Your Order, Please?"

chickweed January 31st, 2011 07:44 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 702732)
Well, it's Monday--raining here till Wed.

I know Jeff is still not feeling well from the Flu, and needs to get his appetite back --so-:

":)Take Your Order, Please?"

Okay, Jeff ----that should give you an appetite!

On a serious note....these viruses floating around now are nothing to take lightly. One of my brothers has been fighting one for several weeks. He was having fluid buildup in his chest from it and having a really hard time breathing. Long story short - his doctor sent him straight to the ER Friday when he called her because he could barely catch his breath - and the virus has left him with permanent heart damage. He has been diagnosed with congestive heart disease. That same night there was a news story about a man in another part of the state that had the same thing happen to him - he needs an artificial heart. PLEASE TAKE THESE BUGS SERIOUSLY AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES!

axhandle January 31st, 2011 08:12 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 702739)
Okay, Jeff ----that should give you an appetite!

On a serious note....these viruses floating around now are nothing to take lightly. One of my brothers has been fighting one for several weeks. He was having fluid buildup in his chest from it and having a really hard time breathing. Long story short - his doctor sent him straight to the ER Friday when he called her because he could barely catch his breath - and the virus has left him with permanent heart damage. He has been diagnosed with congestive heart disease. That same night there was a news story about a man in another part of the state that had the same thing happen to him - he needs an artificial heart. PLEASE TAKE THESE BUGS SERIOUSLY AND TAKE CARE OF YOURSELVES!


Pulmonary infections/virus/bacterial/fungal are killers--I am just now getting over "something"--Doc's only treat symptomatically and empircally, at the most these days.

They Forget, nor was not taught/asleep in class:

1.Examine the Patient!
2.Definatively!-- diagnose , thru whatever means available, to put on target--differential Laboratory determinations---"Doc, this is the Bug, and this is what kills it"

Fading Science--Sad.

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 08:17 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 702483)
Wendy, her mother has been living with her husband and her. She quit her job as a nurse to be able to care for her mother at home.

TY Chick..I was thinking of someone eles......ty

axhandle January 31st, 2011 09:03 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Dave--re soap--Lye in grocery lingo is Red Devil Lye--there are many other grades.

Ajla January 31st, 2011 09:30 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
How is everybody? Slow time? Slow server?

axhandle January 31st, 2011 10:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 702812)
How is everybody? Slow time? Slow server?

All over ,Ajla--on the server-.

Taking advantage of the weather outside, damp rain, to sort thru pics, get some things done inside.

The Clogs are "Coming in to Form"--;):)

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 11:26 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
When will we see a pic of those Clogs Ax???

Garlicluvr January 31st, 2011 02:38 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 702762)
Pulmonary infections/virus/bacterial/fungal are killers--I am just now getting over "something"--Doc's only treat symptomatically and empircally, at the most these days.

They Forget, nor was not taught/asleep in class:

1.Examine the Patient!
2.Definatively!-- diagnose , thru whatever means available, to put on target--differential Laboratory determinations---"Doc, this is the Bug, and this is what kills it"

Fading Science--Sad.

Thanks for the Pic Ax: I think my appetite is back now.

I did go in to the Doctors because I had had congestion and a cough for a couple of weeks then got the flu on top of it. They did chest xray and it was all clear. Ended up putting me on antibiotics for bronchitis. I have been doing better the last four days or so just a bit of congestion left.

I have had pneumonia before so dont mess around if it seems to be going that direction.

Chick wifes uncle got admitted to the hospital for the exact same thing because of this viris fluid around his heart or congestive heart disease. They caught his in time and he is back home and seems to be doing well now.

Ax: I may need another pic perhaps of Pen to fully recover.;)

Jeff:)

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 02:43 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I am so glad you and your family are feeling better Jeff.....

lalbers January 31st, 2011 05:26 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 702732)
Well, it's Monday--raining here till Wed.

I know Jeff is still not feeling well from the Flu, and needs to get his appetite back --so-:

":)Take Your Order, Please?"

AX, not feeling so (wheeze) well (cough cough) where's my cabana dude (sneeze, blow nose)

chickweed January 31st, 2011 05:33 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lalbers (Post 703179)
AX, not feeling so (wheeze) well (cough cough) where's my cabana dude (sneeze, blow nose)

LOL! Lisa...you just need to relocate! Cabana dudes don't want to hang out where you are:D

skiracer January 31st, 2011 06:46 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Pics from Saturday's day trip to the Delaware River Water Gap area. very old revolutionary period area dating back to from early 1700's. very good area for antiquing and picture taking. numerous old stone and brick homes and old red barns and silos. there is a stretch of blacktop road that goes 30 miles or so that runs along the Delaware River and the Erie Lackawanna railroad tracks. the mountain goes almost straight up on one side and drops straight off for a few hundred ft to the river bed on the other side. here is the first set of pics.

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5758/oldredbarn.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/6817/oldredbarn2.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7795/oldredbarn3.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/7...ycirca1760.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2...periodhome.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

skiracer January 31st, 2011 07:07 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
and here is another set. I love the old stone and / or red brick homes throughout this area. dont the last two pics of the bridge make it appear as it the bridge is sloping downward towards the house on the other side of the creek? actually it is perfectly level. and the mountain goes almost straight up on the one side of the road with the hugh icicles forming.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/2...periodhome.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/2231/...periodhome.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/807...esoncliff1.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us


http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/8524/bridge1q.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/7259/bridge2i.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MVNewf January 31st, 2011 07:29 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I'll take that fieldstone house anyday....now that is my kinda HOUSE:D love it

chickweed January 31st, 2011 07:35 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Great pics - what a wonderful trip that must have been!

skiracer January 31st, 2011 07:37 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
And some more. the last one shows how narrow the mighty Delaware River is at this point. the spot in that pic is about 45/50 mi. north of where Washington crossed the Delaware River on his way to Trenton to fight the British.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/2927/cliff1.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8233/oldredbarn4.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3666/cliff2.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5329/oldredbarn5.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/2461/river1s.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 07:40 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Beautiful pics!! Yes I love field stone houses also..have alot of them up north.. Funny Dave and I were going for a drive one day and seen a small field stone cottage up for sale , I took a pic of it and looked it up on line to see the price .. yea 280,000 big ones... I was like ummm no I'll take our lil 60,000 dollar home .. it was beautiful tho it had 10 acres .. I took it out of my computerso I wouldn't drool over something I couldn't have ..lol

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 07:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I like the first pic jeff ...kinda scary going thru that part of the road huh??

skiracer January 31st, 2011 07:43 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 703303)
Beautiful pics!! Yes I love field stone houses also..have alot of them up north.. Funny Dave and I were going for a drive one day and seen a small field stone cottage up for sale , I took a pic of it and looked it up on line to see the price .. yea 280,000 big ones... I was like ummm no I'll take our lil 60,000 dollar home .. it was beautiful tho it had 10 acres .. I took it out of my computerso I wouldn't drool over something I couldn't have ..lol

You would love this area. very old revolutionary background. everything smells of antiques and old age up that way and all along the Delaware on both the PA and NJ sides.

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 07:50 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ohhh yes I would I love both sides :D Love PA and NJ!

skiracer January 31st, 2011 07:50 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MVNewf (Post 703292)
I'll take that fieldstone house anyday....now that is my kinda HOUSE:D love it

our tastes run alike Mvnewf. i love that fieldstone look with the tall carriage house windows. this entire half, western central side of the state has alot of old homes like the one in the pics.

skiracer January 31st, 2011 07:52 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 703314)
Ohhh yes I would I love both sides :D Love PA and NJ!

PA moreso than NJ for antiques and old revolutionary homes. but NJ is good to.

w8in4dave January 31st, 2011 07:58 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I was only in NJ once in a neighborhood , friend took me to... This neighborhood was one of the coolest neighborhoods that had houses trailing up this lil mountian in and out and thru and around...nicest coolest houses because they were all old...Don't ask me where in NJ because I have no idea but it was cool ..We went there we visited then came back home ... Well worth the trip in my eyes...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.