IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle September 15th, 2010 04:35 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 618804)
Afternoon, boys!

Belated afternoon, Chick--how's the weather there,--should be nice at Wmsburg about now.
It was about this time of year when I was up there, hope to go back someday.

axhandle September 16th, 2010 09:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Took this one yesterday down the sidewalk.
I don't know the real name but some call them Hummingbird plants--if you have them--get rid of them, they will grow out of concrete even, they spread and multiply like mad--pretty tho, have an aniline brilliance about them.

Ajla September 16th, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 619357)
I don't know the real name but some call them Hummingbird plants--if you have them--get rid of them, they will grow out of concrete even, they spread and multiply like mad--pretty tho, have an aniline brilliance about them.

They are pretty too! It's wet and sunny and stormy, real autumn weather!

axhandle September 16th, 2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 619430)
They are pretty too! It's wet and sunny and stormy, real autumn weather!

They are pretty Ajla, I have an abundance of them and like them so well I do minimum curbing of growth., prolific seed producers.

In my mind I see a crisp wind outside, a cozy kitchen with fresh bread baking in the oven, and-- me-- nodding off in the chair.

Ajla September 16th, 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 619438)
They are pretty Ajla, I have an abundance of them and like them so well I do minimum curbing of growth., prolific seed producers.

In my mind I see a crisp wind outside, a cozy kitchen with fresh bread baking in the oven, and-- me-- nodding off in the chair.

No bread in the oven, maybe tomorrow, but it is getting on for supper time, so I better get a move on.

axhandle September 16th, 2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 619468)
No bread in the oven, maybe tomorrow, but it is getting on for supper time, so I better get a move on.

Chuckle, forgot you are about 5 hrs ahead of me.

chickweed September 16th, 2010 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 619357)

We call them cardinal flower vines. Typical 90s day - 60s night - very low humidity - cold front coming through tonight that will put days in low to mid 80s. My favorite time of the year is coming soon! I love mid September to late October, here. Leaves turning, flowers still blooming, maters still coming in, warm days, cool nights - and the woods smell sooooo gooood! Good beach and boating weather, too!

Garlicluvr September 16th, 2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 619838)
We call them cardinal flower vines. Typical 90s day - 60s night - very low humidity - cold front coming through tonight that will put days in low to mid 80s. My favorite time of the year is coming soon! I love mid September to late October, here. Leaves turning, flowers still blooming, maters still coming in, warm days, cool nights - and the woods smell sooooo gooood! Good beach and boating weather, too!

We all have that in common too. Fall has always been my favorite season especially October.

Jeff:)

axhandle September 16th, 2010 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 619838)

Absolutely my time of year--
Cleaning up the car this week, and ran across a bar of soap I put in it 3 yrs ago, for smell--Indian Heather--everytime I open the door the forest greets me.

"Walkabout" weather----;):)

axhandle September 17th, 2010 08:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Going to 92 today, so getting an early jump this morning while its cool.
Grass cut--for the last time this season, continue on cleaning vehicle.

Been watching my Hummers go at it, intrepid little rascals, two factions are battling it out over the feeder--actually three the Yellow Jackets, they start early in the morning and stay at it till after dark, I get a kick out of nature.

Perused last night and have some Ruby throats and Blue throats.Took some movie footage on my little digital camera would post, but don't think it would download to Idig.It's a hoot!