IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Pepper September 13th, 2010 05:22 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
cut 2 truck loads of Mesquite sunday and 1 20 inch Rattle snake , wow was it hot .

axhandle September 13th, 2010 06:09 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 617406)
cut 2 truck loads of Mesquite sunday and 1 20 inch Rattle snake , wow was it hot .

Wish I was there, we'd cut wood, have a brew and go snake hunting---

Hang In ,Pep--getting my woodchopper out next week.--Pic from last year--Ax.

Pepper September 13th, 2010 06:16 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 617443)
Wish I was there, we'd cut wood, have a brew and go snake hunting---

Hang In ,Pep--getting my woodchopper out next week.--Pic from last year--Ax.

Is that hickory ?

axhandle September 14th, 2010 10:44 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
It's cherry ,Pep, had to cutdown one of the trees, overhanging the fence.
Had intended to make some furniture out of it--still got plenty left.

tweed September 14th, 2010 10:49 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 617982)
It's cherry ,Pep, had to cutdown one of the trees, overhanging the fence.
Had intended to make some furniture out of it--still got plenty left.

I have to cut up a big walnut that is down on my wifes grandfathers property.
It was cut down last year to get bees out. There was some rot where the trunk met the forks nad it split when they cut it down.
Nevertheless, the log is about 7 feet long and about 22"-24" across.
The forks are tight and big and there is a lot of good wood in the branches, some big enough to be cut and then put on a lathe.

Steve

axhandle September 14th, 2010 11:04 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 617986)
I have to cut up a big walnut that is down on my wifes grandfathers property.
It was cut down last year to get bees out. There was some rot where the trunk met the forks nad it split when they cut it down.
Nevertheless, the log is about 7 feet long and about 22"-24" across.
The forks are tight and big and there is a lot of good wood in the branches, some big enough to be cut and then put on a lathe.

Steve

You got a prize there ,Tweed--walnut, my favorite,I see a pair of neat corner tables already--

Weather cooler there about now?

tweed September 14th, 2010 11:09 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 618007)
You got a prize there ,Tweed--walnut, my favorite,I see a pair of neat corner tables already--

Weather cooler there about now?

Yup.
Highs are about 80-83.
Night time temps about 50-55 with low humidity.
Feels like Fall. :)
You getting any relief in your neck of the woods?

Steve

Pepper September 14th, 2010 02:01 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
95 days 75s night time high humity high did I say high !:(

axhandle September 14th, 2010 06:17 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 618010)
Yup.
Highs are about 80-83.
Night time temps about 50-55 with low humidity.
Feels like Fall. :)
You getting any relief in your neck of the woods?

Steve

Still in the mid to high 80's--couple nights went to 61.
Still humid tho.-be glad when fire buildin weather gets here.;)

axhandle September 14th, 2010 06:19 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 618129)
95 days 75s night time high humity high did I say high !:(

Fella almost break a sweat in that, PEP---gatoraid--
I think the highest we had here was 114 for around a week.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.