IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Ajla July 18th, 2012 10:06 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 940412)
To the mountains!:)

That where you were? :D

Ajla July 21st, 2012 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You should know the photographer? :)

axhandle July 21st, 2012 02:11 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 940869)
That where you were? :D

To the Carpathians, for two weeks:) --maybe to spot some of these, #2 Lexya -"Life as seen through my green eyes"

Thence to the Tatras in Slovakia for a bit of rest--:D

"The most beautiful things in the world cannot be see or even touched, they must be felt with the heart"
Helen Keller

axhandle July 21st, 2012 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 941548)
You should know the photographer? :)

Has to be this Lady--:)--Dorothea Lange--

redneckplanter July 23rd, 2012 12:48 AM

hey ya'lls where's gixx?

Ajla July 24th, 2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 941594)
Has to be this Lady--:)--Dorothea Lange--

Isn't she a wonderful lady? And a great photographer!
Looking forward to feeling the Tatra pictures! :)

Garlicluvr July 24th, 2012 10:12 AM

Hi Ax/Red/Aj: Havent been around here much lately so thought I would drop in and see how you all were doing. Like the pics Ax and Aj. Always did like Wolves, just something almost mystical about them.

Been shooting the bows a bit more some 3D shoots at the range, and tinkering with bows and arrows. When shooting this past sunday and retrieving an arrow stumbled onto a clutch of eggs, ground nest eggs light brown with speckles about chicken egg size. Was pondering what it might be when I heard some movement rustling in the brush looked to see a hen turkey trotting away, mystery solved.

Ax I have been seeing quite a few Wing Thunderbirds on Ebay lately from 40 up to 60 pounds.

Getting ready to purchase a fletching jig to start building my own arrows.

Jeff

axhandle July 24th, 2012 03:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 941841)
hey ya'lls where's gixx?

Gixx as in, Gixx?--chuckle

axhandle July 24th, 2012 03:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 942092)
Isn't she a wonderful lady? And a great photographer!
Looking forward to feeling the Tatra pictures! :)

Yes,! and the camera, !!---My Quest--for one like it--even if I have to make one!

Very Large Format, sheet film/ ----It sees what digitals -do not--:), and captures things that even the eye does not see--

Karel Plicka---One of my favorite B/W photographers--Europe.

Dorathea --She --'Captured" real life.----

Attached -G'Fathers Village, he was about 17 when he came to America,--'Low Tatras'-(There are High and Low Tatras)--

axhandle July 24th, 2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 942106)
Hi Ax/Red/Aj: Havent been around here much lately so thought I would drop in and see how you all were doing. Like the pics Ax and Aj. Always did like Wolves, just something almost mystical about them.

Been shooting the bows a bit more some 3D shoots at the range, and tinkering with bows and arrows. When shooting this past sunday and retrieving an arrow stumbled onto a clutch of eggs, ground nest eggs light brown with speckles about chicken egg size. Was pondering what it might be when I heard some movement rustling in the brush looked to see a hen turkey trotting away, mystery solved.

Ax I have been seeing quite a few Wing Thunderbirds on Ebay lately from 40 up to 60 pounds.

Getting ready to purchase a fletching jig to start building my own arrows.

Jeff

Sounds like what you describe--!-lucky you!--

Am going to have a look at the Wings--online--I miss mine--had to sell it to meet Family needs at the time, ('70's as I recall)---

Oh, Boy --are you going to have fun fletching---"Feathers of the Grey Goose"--next door neighbor wanted me to get rid of Crows in his garden, which I hope to soon, (Minor Malady) going on with me (Mobility)---may be able to send you some Crow feathers , along with the other stuff marked Jeff downstairs-

Very Good , to hear from you--became concerned, and as ever -yourlearned input---Ax.