IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 11:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Pepper--'Pep'--

Hope you got the AC installed, it's going to be a killer this time---and I am glad you are --"Sleeping Well".

The turf here in 'Bama, red clay, and the Green Foilage gets to me sometimes, but---

"Stay out of the Kill Zone"-------Ax.

axhandle July 2nd, 2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 937804)
Ax: Your weather has been about the same as mine. Hot ,Dry, watering a lot, then to top it off had strong thunderstorms friday night 70Mph winds knocked out our power finally got power and some AC back last evening around supper time.

At 99 to low 100's temps over the weekend it was a bit steamy, with no electric, camped out in the shade in the yard and in the basement.

Trying to keep up with watering and shooting the bows when ever I get a chance.

Jeff

Yep, carbon copy, hot ,dry and shear winds got another Maple limb down and one Cherry---

BTW-Been fighting Japanese beetles for over a month,'Missus' Rosebush and 4 O'Clocks were inundated, at first got at least 100 off the rose, spray , and then a J.Beetle trap--it works---three neighbors put them up also (Team Effort), so thats about 20,000 sq ft of coverage.

Finally got A/C fixed --outside 105F--inside 91F---Rained today so I went outside and turned my face upward---nothing like it--got soaking wet , but my mind felt like it was awake again.

Good to hear from U--got Longbow out today, needs a 57" string---I'll either buy or make(pretty easy with a jig),getting you some things together , doing re-arrangement----finding stuff I never knew I ever had--Christmas each day-:)--Ax.

Ajla July 3rd, 2012 02:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937784)
I knew you would know--;).

I'm not sure which is worse--chuckle-Maja or Tussy--:D

Attached:--

I'll keep her under my arm once she gets here! ;)

No poppies there!

axhandle July 3rd, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 937936)

No poppies there!

Die Kroon , ins Arnehm?

The planes (Ins Himmel), are C-47 Cargo,(DC-3's "Dizzy Three") civilian designation),Brits named them "Dakotas", one of the best aircraft--ever--some are still flying-!, they were so well made.

Extremely good capture of time, on film--!!!

axhandle July 3rd, 2012 11:00 AM

Exceptiantly good morning , after Air went out for 5 days,and fixed--temp was 80F in basement, hooked up an old "Squirrel Cage" fan I had does it ever move some cool air.Rained, finally ---after about a months drought,humidity -up but garden needed a "Drink"---

Cleaning/Sorting out--Found one of my favorites--"The Keep" (Movie), 1983--Juergen Prochnow--It struck me for several reasons--

Romania, land of 'Mystique', the Carpathians--etc.

Most Salient dialogue(s)---

"It is a Language that has been lost for 500 years"
"The Crosses, never touch the Crosses"
"This was not built to keep something out, it was built to keep something--In"

A very good one--and my special scene--the room with the hand made tapestries only waiting for a breeze, the pitcher and bowl.

Ax.

tweed July 4th, 2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937781)
Sir Tweed, You Rascal--how are you?! You always find the Good Stuff--

My comment:

Exceptional, in that Coca -Cola real formulae, is the worlds best kept secret,--

The syrup was shipped under strict rules and enforcement,which you have---10+-----

The 'Kicker", becomes--the final process and most secret ingredient added after the syrup was delivered, and during the process of making Coca-Cola--

Got a prize there,knowing your learned eye--you paid 5 'Bucks'--;):)---Ax.

Doing good, Ax.
Lost Dad in Feb.
Getting through it. Tough lick. All is good though.
To the Coca-Cola Syrup jug with original sticker in original box...................I wish I had your bargaining skills!..........I paid $20! LOL

Steve

Ajla July 5th, 2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 937974)
Die Kroon , ins Arnehm?

The planes (Ins Himmel), are C-47 Cargo,(DC-3's "Dizzy Three") civilian designation),Brits named them "Dakotas", one of the best aircraft--ever--some are still flying-!, they were so well made.

Extremely good capture of time, on film--!!!

I think this one is De Hoop Ax, that's where the parachutes came down.

axhandle July 6th, 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

No poppies there!

Aj,

This picture, turned out to be, much more than I saw at first glance.
Looking again, and enhancing, it is formations of :

C-47's and Gliders!, (Gliders are behind) looking at it, the C-47's were used as "Tugs" for Gliders, pulled them to near destination, the Glider Pilot would then disengage the tether, and then proceed to land the Troops onboard--

This pic , is a jewel among jewels---

axhandle July 6th, 2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

No poppies there!

Chuckle--Must get the 'Conker' out to her--;):)

axhandle July 6th, 2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweed (Post 938152)
Doing good, Ax.
Lost Dad in Feb.
Getting through it. Tough lick. All is good though.
To the Coca-Cola Syrup jug with original sticker in original box...................I wish I had your bargaining skills!..........I paid $20! LOL

Steve

Glad to see you doing well, under circumstances, I remember your note--and , indeed a tough time for anyone, losing someone one looks up to for advice , etc.---Indeed --"A Tough Lick".

At $20.00---You stole it---chuckle-probably go for 5x--or more--:

Origional Coca-Cola--by Atlanta Pharmacist--could only be had in Drugstores/Pharmacies/Apothecaries/ Chemists, and served under supervision of , --thereof--:

The syrup , which was complicated, in itself and composition, was there and the server, added the "Key Ingrediant"---which at the time was Cocaine--Thus Coca -Cola--"5 Cents the glass, cold and bubbly!"

Cocaine eliminated around 1906---"Todays bit of useless knowledge"---

P.S. You got a deal---