IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

redneckplanter June 12th, 2012 11:50 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
hey send them branches down here!
thatz redneck compost in waiting.glad nobody hurt.

axhandle June 12th, 2012 11:54 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 933593)
whatz cooking in axland ya'lls?
smiles

Always, ---Good Stuff:)--I love to cook, but not an obsession,--on a monthly basis --Greek Chicken--

Crock Pot
Butter, Good Butter-- tsp.
turn on, the pot--High.

In 10 minutes , add:

Cut Carrots--

Two tsp of Cavenders 'Greek Seasoning"----Stir--and cover --go out back and sit down--chuckle.

Add --Two chicken breasts -sliced diagonally, with salt first, and just a 'Twit' of Sweet Basil'---one quarter of good Garlic.---On High--3-4 hrs--don't have to worry about it--On low--it will be ready by the time one returns from work--

axhandle June 18th, 2012 11:42 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 933607)
hey send them branches down here!
thatz redneck compost in waiting.glad nobody hurt.

"Cost me a "Load", but I know you got about 5 Oil Wells pumping out several barrels a day--Acorns forming-----Ax.

axhandle June 18th, 2012 12:38 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Heck,---- Yesterday---and two days ago, 'Missus reminded me it was Fathers day--I rarely keep up with calenders anymore.

"Fare 'O 'Tha Day----

Squash Casserole-onions , of course.---and pepper.
Corn Pudding-
Lima Beans--soaked overnight--Bacon Grease seasoning.

A 'Hen" , baked to perfection----Prudehommes seasoning.(La.)

Red Diamond Tea---with lemon, and sugar.

Yellow Cake with icing---

All , over--very good day

w8in4dave June 18th, 2012 01:28 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 935023)
Heck,---- Yesterday---and two days ago, 'Missus reminded me it was Fathers day--I rarely keep up with calenders anymore.

"Fare 'O 'Tha Day----

Squash Casserole-onions , of course.---and pepper.
Corn Pudding-
Lima Beans--soaked overnight--Bacon Grease seasoning.

A 'Hen" , baked to perfection----Prudehommes seasoning.(La.)

Red Diamond Tea---with lemon, and sugar.

Yellow Cake with icing---

All , over--very good day

Glad you had a wonderful day Ax :) I spent the day home while Dave went to work, he pulled a muscle in his back, day b4 he stayed home, the yesterday sucked it up and went in ....... He throws steel for a living, cannot believe he softly fell and pulled a muscle..... :confused: what can ya do??? Hopefully it won't be long and he will go to his trade (tool and die) few more months... Ok well It is nice seeing you on again ... Havn't seen you on in a few ....

w8in4dave June 18th, 2012 01:34 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
ha just got 9/10" of rain :) some of our corn got knock over, not all the way but ....

axhandle June 19th, 2012 09:58 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 935031)
Glad you had a wonderful day Ax :) I spent the day home while Dave went to work, he pulled a muscle in his back, day b4 he stayed home, the yesterday sucked it up and went in ....... He throws steel for a living, cannot believe he softly fell and pulled a muscle..... :confused: what can ya do??? Hopefully it won't be long and he will go to his trade (tool and die) few more months... Ok well It is nice seeing you on again ... Havn't seen you on in a few ....

It was, everybody but me, remembered same,-serious.
Guess being 'Off the Clock' for some years now had everything to do with it--no watches, no calenders-'Cept Doc Appts,--I go by the Sun and the Moon---and everything in between is --"Gravy"-

P.S. I'm still envious of that new camera of yours,---

Tell Dave , hello for me--it's a job, SIL is a machinist--very good one-it's almost 6 days a week at 12 hrs per shift for the last year.

axhandle June 19th, 2012 10:06 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 935033)
ha just got 9/10" of rain :) some of our corn got knock over, not all the way but ....

"Mini Tornado" here last week--70mph shear winds, knocked all of tomato cages down, 3" in 20 minutes---but--they are thriving,--yesterday went down to garden, one of the plants I bought said Cherokee Purple---Heck if that Rhymes-:D- I know Romas from sight, now are they red or yellow---maybe a week or so will tell me--Good Pizza!

axhandle June 20th, 2012 10:10 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I might better pass this on,Japanese Beetles--posted it on Pests and Problems" with little comment.

If you don't know about them, time to "Bone Up", until this year only saw a few---'Missus said a month ago --'Bugs are all over my Rose"--Yep, at least 4 per bloom, one on top of the other,--Females are on the bottom--

Applied an Industrial grade pesticide, at least 100 flew out of the bush, thought it was over.---Oh, No next morning equal amounts flew in, from next door neighbor--he describes 'Thousands" out in his trees and garden.

Sevin spray--killed some, finally put up a Japanese Beetle trap, yesterday morning--has the hormone to attract them away from plant------"Now Hear This!"---bag was one third full, and the devils were trying to eat out of the bag!--Chem Warfare, personified!--Get with it , predictions are, within several years all garden crops will be decimated by them.

axhandle June 20th, 2012 11:48 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Most Productive Day, beginning at 0400 hrs.

About 0900 , decided to take a "Break",--looking thru something , trying to find what I was looking for-- came across this 'A Salvage'/Treasure---I was about 8yrs old then--down on the Creek, a bottle dump was on the other side.---

"Soda'--?--"Pop", a "Try Me", Coke, RC---no---something uncommon.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.