IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle May 30th, 2012 11:13 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Hobbies--"One Must Have More Than, One"--It is totally Necessary---"Run the Gamut!'--after being so Regimented" in Life"

axhandle May 30th, 2012 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One of my favorites (Credits Thereof)--"Paris , Texas

axhandle May 30th, 2012 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aj,

Reflected back--one of your posts--"Wings of Desire"--Bruno Ganz--impeccable performance!--I taped it--and got caught up in German language,--review, as a sideline--

susie2u May 30th, 2012 12:48 PM

Cool !! but .... dont look like Paris,Tx. ..... LOL!!

axhandle May 30th, 2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie2u (Post 930537)
Cool !! but .... dont look like Paris,Tx. ..... LOL!!

Always wanted to go to Paris (Tx), for some reason:)--Mother was born in Dublin (Tx) and would like to go there also--Backroads are my fondest memories.:)

axhandle May 31st, 2012 07:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jeff--the split arrow shot--Mr. Hill said that it was impossible to do that shot off the cuff, what had to be done was an attached wire to the arrow already in the target, shot was made and 2nd one traveled down the wire.:)

Ajla May 31st, 2012 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930533)
Aj,

Reflected back--one of your posts--"Wings of Desire"--Bruno Ganz--impeccable performance!--I taped it--and got caught up in German language,--review, as a sideline--

Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Garlicluvr May 31st, 2012 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 930659)
Jeff--the split arrow shot--Mr. Hill said that it was impossible to do that shot off the cuff, what had to be done was an attached wire to the arrow already in the target, shot was made and 2nd one traveled down the wire.:)

Yeah Ax contrary to what the movies want us to believe the odds of a true Robin Hood shot are about the same as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning maybe even less than the lightning as I can increase those odds by standing under a lone tree in a open area, holding a metal pole atop a high hill etc.:D

It is pretty amazing waht a good instinctive shooter with lots of practice/experience can do. Mr. Hill, Ben Pearson and even some modern exibition shooters come to mind. There is a Methodist minister that does trick shooting with a bow that is pretty amazing shoots aspirin out of the air. I have also seen a few of the old Herb Parsons shooting videos good stuff.

My Grandfathers on both sides were crack shots with a rifle and both could take out a running rabbit without even thinking about it. The one used to shoot dimes out of the air with a .22.

Jeff:)

axhandle May 31st, 2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 930671)
Der Himmel über Berlin?

Now where was I today? :)

Flying over Kreuzburg-??-;):D

Noted something interesting, Aj, a short documentary on Berlin parks, the wild boar are taking over-all one has to do is rattle a paper or plastic sack(Food Alarm--chuckle), and they appear--The Mayor of Berlin is tearing his hair out!--:D

axhandle May 31st, 2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 930675)
Yeah Ax contrary to what the movies want us to believe the odds of a true Robin Hood shot are about the same as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning maybe even less than the lightning as I can increase those odds by standind under a lone tree in a open area, holding a metal pole atop a high hill etc.:D

It is pretty amazing waht a good instinctive shooter with lots of practice/experience can do. Mr. Hill, Ben Pearson and even some modern exibition shooters come to mind. There is a Methodist minister that does trick shooting with a bow that is pretty amazing shoots aspirin out of the air.

My Grandfathers on both sides were crack shots with a rifle and both could take out a running rabbit without even thinking about it. The one used to shoot dimes out of the air with a .22.

Jeff:)

Jeff,
Would like for you to do this--Trainfire--

Ft. Benning, Ga.'c. '68.

BB Gun, tape a piece of wood,the length of the barrel, it obscures the sights, metal disks, from .50cent size, down to a dime, flip them up in the air and try to hit them,working down thru the sizes, by the time you get to the Dime size,you don't even have to look-!Muscle Memory--after 4 hrs., Drill Sgt. said-- "O.K. You Alabama Squirrel hunter, get off my Range, and go join your group!!" (I was 3 days behind due to Emergency Leave)---and then he Winked--Believe he was fom Kentucky--;):)