IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

klorentz May 20th, 2012 08:06 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 927640)
Ohhh I am not a fan of Olives :) So I will enjoy :)

And just what's wrong with olives?

Btw 20 yr vet of the pizza biz here.Next time let me know your having a pizza party.I'm retired but I still make some for family every so often.I miss the combo pizzas I use to make in Cali.And I have picked up some new ideas in the last few years.Also do Calzones. yummy.

Kevin

w8in4dave May 20th, 2012 09:24 PM

Well Kevin if you must know, Altho I know you do :) Olives are gross!! I am sure you being in the business for so long you knew that!! Silly you! Teasing me like that :)

klorentz May 21st, 2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 928294)
Well Kevin if you must know, Altho I know you do :) Olives are gross!! I am sure you being in the business for so long you knew that!! Silly you! Teasing me like that :)

Here I always thought it was the anchovies that where gross.had to deliver a pizza with anchovies and onions once.Stunk my car up for a week.

Kevin

axhandle May 21st, 2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 928120)
ax i'll come up and we'll make a pig bomb pizza......grins

Soon as 'Tha 'Damaters, Oregano and Basil come in, we'll have a Blast!:D

Ajla May 21st, 2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 928117)
After I finished Dave's off, began looking for yours,-----all that was left on the pan was a note---"Sorry, Try Again"---:D

Poor Ax, the dog got there before you! :D

axhandle May 21st, 2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 928374)
Poor Ax, the dog got there before you! :D

Undt--"Die Katze"----Smiles--;):)

Garlicluvr May 21st, 2012 11:16 AM

Ax: Home today because my 10 year old woke up with a fever. Had a good weekend shot my first 3D round at the local archery range, had fun and started out real good was even giving the compound shooters with bow scopes, releases and all the gadgets some competition, then missed a couple and got out of the groove took awhile to settle back in. Regardless though had a good time and good company liked the group I shot with one of which was an old-timer that used to and still occasionally shoots recurve. Guy had a lot of knowledge and quite the collection of bows.

So as far as score goes I have a lot of room for improvement, but I got back into because I enjoy it and not for the competition part anyway. As long as I can keep improving bit by bit and enjoy it thats the main thing.

Finally caught the perfect Groves Spitfire on ebay and bought it this morning can't wait to shoot it. 35lb draw, 69" long and has a nice hoyt rest and sight on it . Paid a little more for it than the other bows I picked up on there but as rare as they are didn't want to let another get away. Also so an exact duplicate of My Wing Presentation on there today 33lb, Right handed and 70" long looks exactly like mine.

All of the Old Timers at the range were admiring the Wing and talking about one they had owned. One guy said mine was a late 50's early 60's model top of the lin e at the time. I will still take it over a wheely bow (or bow with training wheels as some call them).:D

I will try the field target round next just need to practice at the longer distances they shoot up to about 60 yards on a few targets.

Jeff:)

axhandle May 21st, 2012 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 928419)
Ax: Home today because my 10 year old woke up with a fever. Had a good weekend shot my first 3D round at the local archery range, had fun and started out real good was even giving the compound shooters with bow scopes, releases and all the gadgets some competition, then missed a couple and got out of the groove took awhile to settle back in. Regardless though had a good time and good company liked the group I shot with one of which was an old-timer that used to and still occasionally shoots recurve. Guy had a lot of knowledge and quite the collection of bows.

So as far as score goes I have a lot of room for improvement, but I got back into because I enjoy it and not for the competition part anyway. As long as I can keep improving bit by bit and enjoy it thats the main thing.

Finally caught the perfect Groves Spitfire on ebay and bought it this morning can't wait to shoot it. 35lb draw, 69" long and has a nice hoyt rest and sight on it . Paid a little more for it than the other bows I picked up on there but as rare as they are didn't want to let another get away. Also so an exact duplicate of My Wing Presentation on there today 33lb, Right handed and 70" long looks exactly like mine.

All of the Old Timers at the range were admiring the Wing and talking about one they had owned. One guy said mine was a late 50's early 60's model top of the lin e at the time. I will still take it over a wheely bow (or bow with training wheels as some call them).:D

I will try the field target round next just need to practice at the longer distances they shoot up to about 60 yards on a few targets.

Jeff:)

Chuckle--when 'Doth the 'present?, decides to put Periscopes, on a bow--?--chuckle---Wing is good---make no doubts--

Show them this one--Mr.Hill--Euvalda , Ga., c.--forgot, in the late '60's---Boar Hunt--Later--"Meanwhile--Back at the Ranch"--Mr.Hill pic--a frame from Robin Hood--(Robert Hoad)--with Errol Flynn--Mr.Hill was his Mentor--

axhandle May 21st, 2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klorentz (Post 928281)
And just what's wrong with olives?

Btw 20 yr vet of the pizza biz here.Next time let me know your having a pizza party.I'm retired but I still make some for family every so often.I miss the combo pizzas I use to make in Cali.And I have picked up some new ideas in the last few years.Also do Calzones. yummy.

Kevin

"Olives!, Olives Oyl-(Popeye)--:)--"Loves , 'Me Olives"

Last Anchovies--Italy--Fantastic,---

Best Caviar--"Beluga,Kaluga"-----anytime--but out of my price range--Pizza--Sicilian is the best.

w8in4dave May 21st, 2012 09:31 PM

Well for Kev .. anchovies are disgusting !! The diff is?? I know you really want to know LOL .. Gross is something that is gross but you can try and get over it and handle it... disgusting is the nooooo way in hello motto I am going to touch that with a ten foot pole!! Let alone eat it!! So just lettin ya know :)