IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle May 15th, 2012 09:27 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

7 Attachment(s)
This Morning -0700--Very dense fog--it struck me--sequence--pics are about 5 minutes apart--cropped tree is Maple, and I thought --such a foreground!.

Pics taken --or Snapshots as I call them, W/Nikon Coolpix,in three different modes.

It's morning--not night--

axhandle May 15th, 2012 10:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
"From an Obscure Beginning"--1.#----only one hobby of about anyone's Infestimal amount.

1.Tools---Sandvik--Sweden.
2.80 year old Wild Cherry.
3. Ditto
4.Calipers, Calipers, Calipers---

axhandle May 15th, 2012 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 926562)
Van Eyck--"Much to meet one's detailed eye"

Hmmmm--Now what is Ax "Up To?"--chuckle--Heck if I know!--just Wandering About in the Desert of Life--:)--,again.--chuckle.

"Paris, Texas"--Superb Movie , in my estimation.

All credits and @c's due.

Garlicluvr May 15th, 2012 01:43 PM

Even though I didnt plant Garlic last fall I still have some volunteers that look real nice in the compost pile next to my garlic bed. Will check on them come June and see how they are sizing up.

The German Porcelain had huge cloves so that might be the big one.

Jeff:)

axhandle May 16th, 2012 11:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Can You Find --the Hidden 'Damater?"---

Cherokee Purple--planted 3 weeks ago, in a half Whiskey Barrel,(17yrs old now) --Oak --Breathes---Note blooms--each cluster is 6.

axhandle May 16th, 2012 11:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 926866)
"From an Obscure Beginning"--1.#----only one hobby of about anyone's Infestimal amount.

1.Tools---Sandvik--Sweden.
2.80 year old Wild Cherry.
3. Ditto
4.Calipers, Calipers, Calipers---

Cherry is beautiful, prized in furniture, and veneer--However it is not very good carving wood--some get lucky-

Start out with basic tools, i.e. a Hatchet--etc. one will see.

And I might add--save the Shavings, throw them-about a handfull in the BBQ Grill next time--

'An Cherry Smoked Fish, (Salmon Especially)--

axhandle May 16th, 2012 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"The Bench"-

Almost everyone , has one, or a 'Place to Sit Down' as a Respite of a 100 Degree Day, about 11'O'Clock.:)

Mahogany wood, time to refurbish, it's been around for some 50yrs. now.

Garlicluvr May 16th, 2012 11:47 AM

Ax: I see that not only have the Mods come to their senses before they ran everyone off but they gave the corner a Sticky. Good to see they came back around some.

I love a good shade tree and make it a point to never cut one down unless it is dead or right on top of the house even then I may just take off a branch or two.

Some of the ancient spreading oaks and American Ash around here are just beautiful and give great shade.

Dont understand the logic when they build new housing developements and go in and clear cut every mature tree on the property. Economically easier for the developer I guess but I wouldnt want a house that was completely out in the open with the sun beating down on it and no shade in sight with our hot humid summers.

Ajla May 17th, 2012 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 927219)
"The Bench"-

Almost everyone , has one, or a 'Place to Sit Down' as a Respite of a 100 Degree Day, about 11'O'Clock.:)

Mahogany wood, time to refurbish, it's been around for some 50yrs. now.

I love benches! Like the fog pictures too, and the tomato, left top, plus the photographer's shadow! :)

axhandle May 17th, 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 927222)
Ax: I see that not only have the Mods come to their senses before they ran everyone off but they gave the corner a Sticky. Good to see they came back around some.

I love a good shade tree and make it a point to never cut one down unless it is dead or right on top of the house even then I may just take off a branch or two.

Some of the ancient spreading oaks and American Ash around here are just beautiful and give great shade.

Dont understand the logic when they build new housing developements and go in and clear cut every mature tree on the property. Economically easier for the developer I guess but I wouldnt want a house that was completely out in the open with the sun beating down on it and no shade in sight with our hot humid summers.

Matter of time--first sentence-:)

Ancient Oaks--Door neighbor has 3, and drops very good acorns, have yet to get down to Pensacola, -Naval Oaks--there are some there---Mind Boggle.--before 1812.

Yep, sometimes 'Tha 'Missus comes in and says --you missed a spot (Grasscutting)---I mow around all the Natural Flowers that popped up in the yard--

American Ash, baseball bats, and some of the best mallets around.

Last Para., you got that right--