IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle May 14th, 2012 11:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 926560)
Great Pics Dave see you are getting the hang of the new camera.

I really like the Carvaggio's Ax.

Guess we have to at least occasionally talk about photography and gerdening so the new mods dont shut the corner down.

Jeff:)

Jeff,

The bulbs you sent me, and subsequently planted in Daughters garden, some -;)--are going wild!--She told me yesterday --"One is 5 ft Tall!--I was at a loss, as to what type??(And that is a Technical Question to one who knows garlic, best--Jeff!.)

'Dilldeling About--:)--as usual found my Tri-Stone sharpener (pics later)--and Sandviks, cleaned up, --wood carving hit me after the garden-;):)

axhandle May 14th, 2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 926563)
I have a confession of sorts too, got so busy last fall winter with family issues "Wife's uncle had a stroke and was in and out of the hospital" that I didnt plant any garlic for the first time in years also skipped starting my own tomatoes and peppers.

Dont worry though I will be planting Garlic again this fall and will probably be back to starting my own tomatoes and peppers by next season. Just needed a break with everything else going on.

Do what one has to do at the moment---yes, I understand what you post--
If anything , I can offer just let me know--Ax.--Serious.

Garlicluvr May 14th, 2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 926567)
Jeff,

The bulbs you sent me, and subsequently planted in Daughters garden, some -are going wild!--She told me yesterday --"One is 5 ft Tall!--I was at a loss, as to what type??(And that is a Technical Question to one who knows garlic, best--Jeff!.)

'Dilldeling About--:)--as usual found my Tri-Stone sharpener (pics later)--and Sandviks, cleaned up, --wood carving hit me after the garden-;):)

5 ft tall really is something must be really good soil. Did she plant-em in the compost or manure pile?:D

Mine in good years get about 2 to 3 ft and lots of leaves. Start checking them around the first of June you can carefully dig down and inspect the bulbs for size if they are still small and not done yet just cover back in with dirt. After leaves start to die start checking weekly. Better to pull em a bit early than leave them too long and loose them to rot especially in wet weather.

Hairy Moose Knuckles May 14th, 2012 03:27 PM

what's up peeps? Hope everyone is fine as frog's hair :-)

axhandle May 14th, 2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hairy Moose Knuckles (Post 926622)
what's up peeps? Hope everyone is fine as frog's hair :-)

Just like air brakes on a Banty Rooster--:)

axhandle May 14th, 2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 926594)
5 ft tall really is something must be really good soil. Did she plant-em in the compost or manure pile?:D

Mine in good years get about 2 to 3 ft and lots of leaves. Start checking them around the first of June you can carefully dig down and inspect the bulbs for size if they are still small and not done yet just cover back in with dirt. After leaves start to die start checking weekly. Better to pull em a bit early than leave them too long and loose them to rot especially in wet weather.

The back part of the lot was unspoiled woodland, SIL plowed it up and planted--I'm amazed at the whole garden. He kept notes on what garlic was where and have prompted Daughter to review/identify.

w8in4dave May 14th, 2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 926552)
Gads, Dave --after looking at pic's, time for me to 'Hit 'Tha Woods --as said in 'Bama--maybe a week--inspiration.

It will be August next time I go :) cannot w8 for that trip :)

Ajla May 15th, 2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 926557)
Not like the human eye, the ultimate camera, and all that goes with it i.e. the mind.

The man on the left of the Caravaggio always makes me think of Goya's 'Tres de Mayo'

axhandle May 15th, 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 926560)
Great Pics Dave see you are getting the hang of the new camera.

I really like the Carvaggio's Ax.

Guess we have to at least occasionally talk about photography and gerdening so the new mods dont shut the corner down.

I am just taking an R&R from Flummery, --Awaiting Orders, so to speak.:)

axhandle May 15th, 2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 926761)
The man on the left of the Caravaggio always makes me think of Goya's 'Tres de Mayo'

And it does---and the year was 1808---August---next Walkabout-?--Giverny?--