IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Garlicluvr April 19th, 2012 07:11 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I know what you mean on the spring cleaning been doing some myself. Finally got some much needed rain the day after I planted my three replacement fruit trees. Should help everything including my grass tremendously and give me a little break from watering.

Hopefully we start getting showers more regularly as I still have some new berry bushes to get established and some more asparagus. Bought some mor purple passion asparagus crowns and a few more blueberries, one each of red, white, and black currant bushes and a couple elderberries. Last years elderberries didnt survive the fall drought I had. Just have to figure out where the currants and elderberries are going.


Been busy with spring chores and boys sports one is playing T-ball and the other is playing flag football. Need to take some time to fling a few arrows again if I can find any.


Jeff:)

axhandle April 19th, 2012 10:18 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Raining for the last week here, mild cold snap, Jeff at least once a day, Tornado Season is nigh.

Will have to try the PP Asparagus, for years nothing but Mary Washington, boy do Iike asparagus!.Elderberries, some of the best wine that can be made.

G'Kids--Senior in H.S., now Varsity Baseball, it's born in, he love's it.Team now goes to State Championships.Other G'son on Archery team, 1st year and much yet to learn--"G'Daughters basketball--Yep I know about time that one never has enough of--

axhandle April 19th, 2012 10:28 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 918370)
Raining for the last week here, mild cold snap, Jeff at least once a day, Tornado Season is nigh.

Will have to try the PP Asparagus, for years nothing but Mary Washington, boy do Iike asparagus!.Elderberries, some of the best wine that can be made.

G'Kids--Senior in H.S., now Varsity Baseball, it's born in, he love's it.Team now goes to State Championships.Other G'son on Archery team, 1st year and much yet to learn--"G'Daughters basketball--Yep I know about time that one never has enough of--

BTW--years ago ran across some stuff called abrasive cleaner, bought all he had, (Flea Market) short supply only 4 sticks.

Roughly a 2x2x 6" block of what appears to be natural rubber- had a lot of clogged sanding belts, that would have ordinarily discarded, it works like a pencil eraser-- hold it on and watch the belt/diisc clean up!--amazing stuff!!

Maybe still not around but post the info off the label:

Columbian( Not Columbia, made in Sri Lanka), Abrasive Cleaner
Brinks and Cotton
10610 Freedom St
Garrettsville , Oh. 44234.

It's amazing.;):)

Garlicluvr April 19th, 2012 10:31 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax: My youngest 6 is playing T-ball for the first season. Seems to be taking to it and paying attention to what the coaches are trying to teach him so off to a good start. I played T-ball for a couple years and a couple more of little league. Enjoyed playing and sometimes wish I had stuck with it longer. Moved and then didnt pick it back up in the new town. I was probably pre-occupied with hunting fishing and raoming the woods.


Jeff:)

Garlicluvr April 19th, 2012 10:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 918373)
BTW--years ago ran across some stuff called abrasive cleaner, bought all he had, (Flea Market) short supply only 4 sticks.

Roughly a 2x2x 6" block of what appears to be natural rubber- had a lot of clogged sanding belts, that would have ordinarily discarded, it works like a pencil eraser-- hold it on and watch the belt/diisc clean up!--amazing stuff!!

Maybe still not around but post the info off the label:

Columbian( Not Columbia, made in Sri Lanka), Abrasive Cleaner
Brinks and Cotton
10610 Freedom St
Garrettsville , Oh. 44234.

It's amazing.;):)


Have some here in the work machine shop. They do work well on belt sander belts. Bought the last ones only a few years ago so think they are still widely available. Good stuff.

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr April 19th, 2012 10:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I see our spammer roberte is at it again in POF obviously just likes to act like he knows it all and argue. One of those who keep showing up, but dont really want to have an intelligent discussion just want to spout their rhetoric and tell everyone else they are wrong.


Couldnt resist the other day and broke down and let him have it a bit on his 6 things you should know about renewable energy thread. Think its best to go back to resisting the temptation to respond to an obvious blowhard and just let him carry on a conversation with himself.


Jeff:)

axhandle April 19th, 2012 12:30 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Sending you an Official Certificate Of Completion--Jeff--Mine is in the basement , as a reminder----and In The "North Tower";):)---Even Superman has his Fortress of Solitude"--

axhandle April 19th, 2012 12:35 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 918376)
Ax: My youngest 6 is playing T-ball for the first season. Seems to be taking to it and paying attention to what the coaches are trying to teach him so off to a good start. I played T-ball for a couple years and a couple more of little league. Enjoyed playing and sometimes wish I had stuck with it longer. Moved and then didnt pick it back up in the new town. I was probably pre-occupied with hunting fishing and raoming the woods.


Jeff:)

"A Walk in the Forest", sometimes for more than a day, no hurry, side bag packed---yes , I don't know of anything more healing.

axhandle April 19th, 2012 12:47 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 918381)
I see our spammer roberte is at it again in POF obviously just likes to act like he knows it all in argue. One of those who keep showing up, but dont really want to have an intelligent discussion just want to spout their rhetoric and tell everyone else they are wrong.


Couldnt resist the other day and broke down and let him have it a bit on his 6 things you should know about renewable energy thread. Think its best to go back to resisting the temptation to respond to an obvious blowhard and just let him carry on a conversation with himself.


Jeff:)

Your Cognizance and Grasp are -"Spot On", Jeff.

axhandle April 19th, 2012 05:55 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Aj,--


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.