IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

springfever March 4th, 2012 09:54 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I am so in awe of you guys. I'm afraid of water but would love to see those colorful salt water fish. They are so beautiful.

axhandle March 5th, 2012 12:43 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 900953)
I am so in awe of you guys. I'm afraid of water but would love to see those colorful salt water fish. They are so beautiful.

Many memories , Spring,--back in young days couldn't stay out of the water.Since you are afraid of water, maybe read---"How to Build a Tin Canoe",
story revolves around kids growing up on the coast--one of my favorite books.

axhandle March 7th, 2012 01:52 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Althro --Rather Tranted as to the Evils of Brown Eggs--Which I knew of--They are still the best.

"Missus abhors the notion, and I still want Duck Eggs--

"Simmered ,yet not cooked beyond belief"--Butter from a Cow.

Fresh Bread, the Yeast still lingers, browned on the spit, and with Blackberry jelly.

Such a Respite---

FritzDaKat March 8th, 2012 05:09 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Wouldn't mind a few Geese in the yard now that you have me thinking of Eggs. ;)

3 o' those, a pound of bacon and about 1/2 loaf of toast and I'm good till lunch I swear.

Garlicluvr March 8th, 2012 08:00 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ax: Saw you had tornadoes in your area again last week. Hope you and your family are all well. Been thinking of tilling the pea patch if it doesnt rain this weekend think I will just do it.

Got a little more work done on the flintlock barrel bought some sandflap wheels at the local welding supply store to speed up the milling mark removal a bit.


Also went to the local archery range and shot a few times and joined, so getting the bows back out again.


Will have Asparagus coming up in another month and plant a few more fruit trees. Speaking of which I want to start antifungal sprays early this year on the fruit trees and grapes, sulfur or copper/bordeaux to get ahead of fungal diseases.


Enjoyed your pics again on the photography thread.

Jeff :)

axhandle March 8th, 2012 08:43 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 902502)
Wouldn't mind a few Geese in the yard now that you have me thinking of Eggs. ;)

3 o' those, a pound of bacon and about 1/2 loaf of toast and I'm good till lunch I swear.

Last job I had, College about 30 clicks S., the Canadian Geese were -'In Residence" and CO-Existance was everywhere, the Geese had taken over the Campus,patrolled the sidewalks, and dared anyone to Usurp their Territory--

I had many a laugh during that time.

BTW--Kitaro--still my Cocoon of Relaxation--;):)

axhandle March 8th, 2012 09:00 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 902570)
Ax: Saw you had tornadoes in your area again last week. Hope you and your family are all well. Been thinking of tilling the pea patch if it doesnt rain this weekend think I will just do it.

Got a little more work done on the flintlock barrel bought some sandflap wheels at the local welding supply store to speed up the milling mark removal a bit.


Also went to the local archery range and shot a few times and joined, so getting the bows back out again.


Will have Asparagus coming up in another month and plant a few more fruit trees. Speaking of which I want to start antifungal sprays early this year on the fruit trees and grapes, sulfur or copper/bordeaux to get ahead of fungal diseases.


Enjoyed your pics again on the photography thread.

Jeff :)

Doing well, Jeff--last Trial of Life, was getting G'Son's (3 yrs old) tonsils out--he presented with sleep apnea, restricted air flow, snoreing,--Surgeon said they were as big as a "Small Tangerine".--almost out of the woods now---been 10 days.

Guess I'll wait til after Tornado onslaught, coming up, before garden.

Other G'Son 8 got on the Archery team at School-- has the knack, but his mind moves so fast--a character.

Daughter and SIL planted Asparagus last summer--late-- she was over a few days ago----Daddy, We have so much Asparagus coming up we could sell it by the road"--"Well, bring me a few pounds , Said I"

axhandle March 8th, 2012 09:03 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 902622)
Doing well, Jeff--last Trial of Life, was getting G'Son's (3 yrs old) tonsils out--he presented with sleep apnea, restricted air flow, snoreing,--Surgeon said they were as big as a "Small Tangerine".--almost out of the woods now---been 10 days.

Guess I'll wait til after Tornado onslaught, coming up, before garden.

Other G'Son 8 got on the Archery team at School-- has the knack, but his mind moves so fast--a character.

Daughter and SIL planted Asparagus last summer--late-- she was over a few days ago----Daddy, We have so much Asparagus coming up we could sell it by the road"--"Well, bring me a few pounds , Said I"

Figured I'd contribute to bumping the thread-good one from you--have to keep the Home Fires Burning--

FritzDaKat March 9th, 2012 09:43 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 902622)
D
Other G'Son 8 got on the Archery team at School-- has the knack, but his mind moves so fast--a character.

Nothing like a Knack for the Nock eh'? :D

redneckplanter March 11th, 2012 01:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
happy belated fritz ol buddy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.