IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Ajla February 29th, 2012 09:29 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 898849)
My three favorites:--Jasmine, Jungle Gardenia, and Sandalwood--

All time favorite after shave--Canoe--

I bought a bar of local homeade soap ( At die Kroon) some 5 yrs ago, Indian Heather--mistakedly left it iin the car, when I opened the door the next day--Transported back to the Forest!--left it in the car and the fragrance greets me every time I go for a ride, especially in the Summer--

I think Linden blossom is my natural favourite. When I see those bees going from tree to tree, I can so understand them!

axhandle February 29th, 2012 09:57 AM

Strange?--G'Dad used to stop perodically during our walks in the forest, pull of a leaf of a tree crush it, and let me smell it then he would tell me what kid of tree----One day a particularly beguiling one--

He Said--"Thats the,-- lipa, Sonno-- (Linden in Slavic)---I saw much twinkling in his eye.

FritzDaKat February 29th, 2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 898832)
Fritz, I learn something from you each time--have to find a copy of Idiocracy.

Saw a clip of the Rail Gun this a.m., looks like it's about ready to go into service---just in time!:D

Oooh, the orbital launcher one they started on back in the mid 90's? Any kinks? I have a soft spot for those things (Well so does about anything one is pointed at I guess. ;) )

Idiocracy,, a movie well worth the hunt for what only became a cult classic of 06'.

I'll pm you the clip in particular after my coffee. Never know with "comments".

FritzDaKat February 29th, 2012 02:54 PM

Oooh, in luck, only 3 comments and they're Idig friendly. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD4Nnc9-Lqg

FritzDaKat February 29th, 2012 07:07 PM

NOW I see the Rail Gun story,,, funny too as I've been pestering Sons of Guns for the past few weeks to water a potato crop with water heavy in Iron supplements and make a low powered rail gun that shoots french frys. ;)

I just wonder why they depict the device as having some sort of muzzle,,, errr. They know what they're doin'. ;)

Loose lips something~something. (And so do those things.)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mili...west-rail-gun/

axhandle March 1st, 2012 08:32 AM

Yep and use Mr.Potato head as targets-:D

After seeing the Video--I have to have one--chuckle.

axhandle March 1st, 2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 898851)
You are going to Spain!---most interesting, as yesterday the thought ran passed me, "Wonder where Ajla, will go next?"

And I surmise, Fur Deine Geburtstag?---Happy B'day Aj, tomorrow is March--;):)

Just get yourself some of the Maja, and tell me if, I am wrong-;) , gift enough for me--many of the Hotels there stock the bath with it.

And what part of Spain?
I would really like to go to Andalusia, home of favorite Matador, El Cordobes, and see some of those Andalusian bulls---fiercest in the world.

Do a Flamenco for me, my favorite dance-:)

Ajla March 1st, 2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 899238)
And what part of Spain?
I would really like to go to Andalusia, home of favorite Matador, El Cordobes, and see some of those Andalusian bulls---fiercest in the world.

Do a Flamenco for me, my favorite dance-:)

I am going to Andalucía, but not for the bulls! I'll celbrate yours down there too!

axhandle March 1st, 2012 10:13 AM

Gads--Andalucia!----

I believe El Cordobes is still alive, outside on a ranch.I only mention him because of the fact he was a True --Rags to Riches person, and he had the scars to prove it--Have an origional poster ?'70's-- El Cordobes was mentioned , only,--- now a legend.

I will attend your B'Day Celebration, (I am the one in the dark suit, in an obscure dark corner, with the Pipe in his Mouth:D), and you must make those Spanish Boot Heels catch on Fire!---after all you earned it--

I am envious--

Ajla March 1st, 2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 899282)
Gads--Andalucia!----

I believe El Cordobes is still alive, outside on a ranch.I only mention him because of the fact he was a True --Rags to Riches person, and he had the scars to prove it--Have an origional poster ?'70's-- El Cordobes was mentioned , only,--- now a legend.

I will attend your B'Day Celebration, (I am the one in the dark suit, in an obscure dark corner, with the Pipe in his Mouth:D), and you must make those Spanish Boot Heels catch on Fire!---after all you earned it--

I am envious--

Not wearing your cape and hood? :)

PS I'll be in Cabo de Gata.