IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

springfever February 24th, 2012 09:52 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Ax, that brought back a happy memory. The elderly couple across from my grannies house had a mulberry tree and I was always over there (they encouraged me) and of course would go home stained all over. Thanks, made me smile.

FritzDaKat February 24th, 2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 896514)
I bet you chased them around the mulberry bush too! :D

Heck, I'd bet he even caught some now and then. :eek:

There's a whole nother stack of memories for ya' Friend. :D

FritzDaKat February 24th, 2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 896523)
You've thrown out a whole semester here, give me a day or so--;):D---Mercy!:D

I know Chief, but you know the feeling when lightning's hittin' ya, ;)

Kinda' like after a real good Sermon, maybe more folks can relate to that analogy? :D

Hairy Moose Knuckles February 25th, 2012 05:02 AM

I've eaten more mulberries than you can shake a stick at. I prolly ate my fair share of bird poop from said berries as well:D

Hairy Moose Knuckles February 25th, 2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 896530)
Oh, absolutely, you bet!--That Bonnie was 'Piece'O Work!.--Worth looking in to from a geneology standpoint--

The WWII, interesting--I'd like to see that one--any idea where he was Stationed?

During the time, G.I's could even take a piece of cardboard from a K-ration carton,, write their letter on it, and drop it off--It got delivered, Back to the Staes--postage free.

Keeping up with your Rebel project, Ostrich Saddle-and maker--prime stuff.

I had three uncles in WWII. All made it home alive, Thank goodness, but they have gone on now. One was in the Philipines (sp), and the one that wrote the letter, was in Italy. I'm not sure where my other uncle was stationed, he was a Marine. The other two were in the Army.

Ajla February 25th, 2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 896835)
Heck, I'd bet he even caught some now and then. :eek:

There's a whole nother stack of memories for ya' Friend. :D

He says he only wanted to offer them some mulberries! :rolleyes:

FritzDaKat February 25th, 2012 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 896523)
Swedish made refrigerators--run off of kerosene, about a gallon per week, as I understand they work on the old Ammonia Cycle, principle, thats all that was around in the 40's 50's and it got stuff---cold.

Oooh, and what can be run on Kerosene can also be run on methane, should be plenty of that available and close at hand in the overall idea I think? (Hoping a Methane plant using pure, fresh crop grown just for it may smell a tad better than the typical plants that just use all our trash?)

axhandle February 27th, 2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by springfever (Post 896821)
Ax, that brought back a happy memory. The elderly couple across from my grannies house had a mulberry tree and I was always over there (they encouraged me) and of course would go home stained all over. Thanks, made me smile.

Glory Days--plain and simple.:)

axhandle February 27th, 2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FritzDaKat (Post 896836)
I know Chief, but you know the feeling when lightning's hittin' ya, ;)

Kinda' like after a real good Sermon, maybe more folks can relate to that analogy? :D

Still going thru your "Contraption":D , post--good catylyst--most 'Oft when Iam reminded of something it trips off 10 other things I had forgotten--

Thanks, Fritz--

P.S. What is the focal distance, of that 10 ft parabolic mirror and how are we going to get it to track and stay focused on the beaker--?

Garlicluvr February 27th, 2012 07:55 AM

Ax: You reminded me too of childhood days climbing my grandparents mulberry trees and coming down later with purple hands and face. The good times.

Also used to hike around the lake I grew up on to a spot where a nice mulberry tree grew. Got me in trouble a time or two because at that age I sometimes forgot or neglected to tell Mom where I was going only to wander home hours later with purple hands and face.

Getting in the car this morning to drive into work had a large flock of geese flying over high up headed back north. Guess it is officially spring around here.

Jeff:)