IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle January 28th, 2012 02:33 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 883981)
ajla,
apparitions out of the past that came when Ax was asleep and laid those buttoms at his feet. what else could it be? ghosts from a past war visiting a soldier from another war.

Ski, and more credulance to the possibility/fact--they were both Infantry Coat Buttons--

w8in4dave January 30th, 2012 08:13 AM

Mornin :) Wow this place (not Ax's corner) has been so slow........ Or is it just me?

Ajla January 30th, 2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 884786)
Mornin :) Wow this place (not Ax's corner) has been so slow........ Or is it just me?

Is that why I haven't seen you in a while?
Are you going button picking too? :)

Garlicluvr February 1st, 2012 07:04 AM

Hey Ax how have you been? Got all of my brass parts filed, sanded and through first polishing stage and they are looking good. Just need to do a final buffing/polishing on all then laquer them. With tackle getting the machining marks polished out of the barrel next and then sanding on the stock.

Need to order the truoil. Also trying to find some thin lead strip for holding flints, heard it works better than leather. Shouldnt be too hard to find could even hammer out flatten some lead wire.

Jeff:)

Ajla February 2nd, 2012 08:49 AM

Quick Ax, we've had a frost!

http://youtu.be/hyM2igrN-LM

axhandle February 2nd, 2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 885693)
Hey Ax how have you been? Got all of my brass parts filed, sanded and through first polishing stage and they are looking good. Just need to do a final buffing/polishing on all then laquer them. With tackle getting the machining marks polished out of the barrel next and then sanding on the stock.

Need to order the truoil. Also trying to find some thin lead strip for holding flints, heard it works better than leather. Shouldnt be too hard to find could even hammer out flatten some lead wire.

Jeff:)

Thanks for inquiry , Jeff, been a touch and go with me chronically for several months, culminating in an ER visit,last Friday, and follow up procedure yesterday.

They put me in the Land of Nod-( Anesthesia ) twice.

Reports/ results today--nothing non-treatable-- guess I'll 'Be 'About for a while longer yet--:)

You are moving along rapidly on the kit, my bane was the brass parts, gums and sticks up everything put to it, when I did some blueing definately had to keep two sets of grits, polish, wheels etc--brass will ruin a blueing job, pronto.

Going to lookup Casenit--interesting, and felt well enough to scavenge about for you a bit down in the workroom--found some stuff I had even forgotten about!.

Christmas around here every time I start lookig!--Later--Ax.

axhandle February 2nd, 2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 886126)
Quick Ax, we've had a frost!

http://youtu.be/hyM2igrN-LM

Aj,

Saw this and the mind gears started turning!--Gads what a treat--my kind of an Adventure.I have my woolens, silk scarf, and goggles packed--:), and already visualizing a tandem two seat racer, Brueenzyl Marine plywood, enclosed cockpit--oh well another day I can't seem to get a simple pair of Clogs done--;):D---but that's ok, as long as the Cobwebs and Rust stay out of my mind gears--I'm good--;):)

Dave would benefit from the vid also, she lives in the Frozen North (Michigan)

axhandle February 3rd, 2012 11:35 AM

Rather weak still,mind turning, as usual, took the opportunity to do something --discovered that a simple rearrangement of one's own clutter does wonders--moved and prioritized bikes for the Spring/Summer re-furb, some photos and about 4 books will do me for another two weeks or so--

axhandle February 3rd, 2012 11:47 AM

Rather weak still,mind turning, as usual, had to "do something"--later I guess.

Ajla February 3rd, 2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 886304)
Aj,

Saw this and the mind gears started turning!--Gads what a treat--my kind of an Adventure.I have my woolens, silk scarf, and goggles packed--:), and already visualizing a tandem two seat racer, Brueenzyl Marine plywood, enclosed cockpit--oh well another day I can't seem to get a simple pair of Clogs done--;):D---but that's ok, as long as the Cobwebs and Rust stay out of my mind gears--I'm good--;):)

Dave would benefit from the vid also, she lives in the Frozen North (Michigan)

Sorry to hear you haven't been well, but this design is really simple! Did you notice they stuck a pair of old skates underneath as gliders? Much easier to make than carving clogs!