IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Garlicluvr January 9th, 2012 11:39 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 874805)
Always loved the H&R 9 shot Topbreaks--very good stuff.

SIL brought me a Remington 552 Speedmaster last year- ---'70's --fellow sold it to him for $10.00--said it was "broke" and wouldn't shoot"----

SIL called me last week and said he shot it--Bent feed tube, hammer needed honeing--they flatten out over time and jam--mine did the same thing.

Buy all you find, the Speedmaster is the only one shooting S,L, and LR--interchagebably--and it only takes about an hour to fix one that "Don't Shoot";):D

Sounds like he got a good deal Ax. Not familiar with the 552 speedmaster but will look it up. I have a Remington Model 580 bolt action single shot .22 that my Dad bought for me when I was 7. Nice simple and accurate shoots shorts, longs, and long rifle. She still shoots good and will be passed on to one of the boys.

I have always liked the little ruger .22 revovler that comes with dual interchangeable cylinders one for 22 Long Rifle and one for 22 Magnum.

Mook you have some nice iron there, I like those model 94's in 30/30 or 35 Remington and The 44Mag does make a nice brush gun. My Uncle had one of the Rugers Semi-auto carbines in 44Mag had a tubular magazine and looked a lot like the 10/22's big brother. Made a nice brush gun for deer with those 240 grain hollow-points.

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr January 9th, 2012 11:45 AM

Ax: Pulled out the Howard Hill longbow yesterday and did a little stump shooting or just walking through the woods and shooting cans, trash etc. Was nice just to just fling a few arrows she still shoots pretty smooth and zings arrows pretty decent for only a 40lb bow. Buried a couple of field points almost 6" into stump-wood Maple but some was pithy and some sound.

I wouldt have any qualms with using her for deer hunting still plenty of oompfh to put a broadhead tipped arrow clean through a deer.

axhandle January 10th, 2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 874887)
Ax: Pulled out the Howard Hill longbow yesterday and did a little stump shooting or just walking through the woods and shooting cans, trash etc. Was nice just to just fling a few arrows she still shoots pretty smooth and zings arrows pretty decent for only a 40lb bow. Buried a couple of field points almost 6" into stump-wood Maple but some was pithy and some sound.

I wouldt have any qualms with using her for deer hunting still plenty of oompfh to put a broadhead tipped arrow clean through a deer.

Sounds like you did some Roving as we used to call it, enjoy the outdoors, look for a challengeing target and let 'er Fly!--

Hill Longbow, Zwickey broadheads--sweet combo, and plenty for deer--

Maybe a pic or so later, Rem. Targetmaster , the first rifle I ever shot--
Identical to the one G'Dad had, down to maufacture OCT, 1936.

Ajla January 10th, 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 874882)
___I still want to Ice Sail, the Wind, the Tiller ,--good Wool, good wood,-- a Basket ofCheese and Bread--and Always,an Adventure--:)

I'd come with you, but I'd want hot chocolate, or pea soup, or glühwein! :D

axhandle January 10th, 2012 08:33 AM

Good Morning, Holland---

Ah, Ha Glogg!--so be it!---Pipeing Hot!, enough Chocolate to last a Fortnight, ---but the Pea Soup--not so sure--;):)---How about some of my Soup?--takes all day to make--You bring das Frisches Brot--;):)

axhandle January 10th, 2012 08:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aj, I keep drifting back to this painting--one of my most favorites--

P.S. Bring the footwarmer--;)

Ajla January 10th, 2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 875259)
Good Morning, Holland---

Ah, Ha Glogg!--so be it!---Pipeing Hot!, enough Chocolate to last a Fortnight, ---but the Pea Soup--not so sure--;):)---How about some of my Soup?--takes all day to make--You bring das Frisches Brot--;):)

http://worldsoups.com/proddetail.php?prod=1076

You should try this, it's really good!

Ajla January 10th, 2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 875263)
Aj, I keep drifting back to this painting--one of my most favorites--

P.S. Bring the footwarmer--;)

OK, that's got us organized, apart from one wee problem: There's no ice!

axhandle January 10th, 2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 875264)
http://worldsoups.com/proddetail.php?prod=1076

You should try this, it's really good!

And I will--similar tastes, you and I--gads, makes me hungry--

Bay Leaves--a "Must", Parsely a must,Celery Leaves--( the best part!)---celery hearts--new one to include.Love Leeks.

To reciprocate, in thanks--

Vegetable soup--a La--G'Mother--

Celery, including leaves, trim bitters off.
Tomatoes--lots--;)
Carrots--Lots--
Parsely--tsp.
Onion--only a thin slice
Garlic--one crushed bud.
Bacon Grease--one tsp.

Noodles--cook seperate till almost done, collander, and cold wash, set aside till later.

Ajla January 10th, 2012 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 875279)
And I will--similar tastes, you and I--gads, makes me hungry--

Bay Leaves--a "Must", Parsely a must,Celery Leaves--( the best part!)---celery hearts--new one to include.Love Leeks.

To reciprocate, in thanks--

Vegetable soup--a La--G'Mother--

Celery, including leaves, trim bitters off.
Tomatoes--lots--;)
Carrots--Lots--
Parsely--tsp.
Onion--only a thin slice
Garlic--one crushed bud.
Bacon Grease--one tsp.

Noodles--cook seperate till almost done, collander, and cold wash, set aside till later.

I only have to wait an hour and a half for supper!
But I better start cooking? Sounds like minestrone!