IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle January 5th, 2012 07:09 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 873056)
to magical 5000.

Plant wins 'tha Seegar--the 5,000th calller!--:D

axhandle January 5th, 2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 873168)
Just in case anyone plans on breaking in...and your lucky enough to get by the dog.One of these guns will be ready and waiting for you...and yes...the wife can shoot better than I can...:D

SIL stored a trailer out front once for a few weeks--I put a cardboard sign on it

Warning, This Trailor is Boobytrapped!--and in glow in the dark paint also.:)

Ajla January 5th, 2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 872662)
"Gretel und Hans"--

I learned something this AM.- and solved another puzzle--, on looking at the Skates --the design particularly the upcurved front--(Clog Pic, have my Poplar Blanks now)

Also--for you, a Face Powder box, from the same era--which I found in proximity--connecting the two--same home, same time--

P.S.--Lift the cover and it plays a tune, whilst putting on the powder--;):)

I learned on skates like that behind a kitchen chair! No such luck this year! 50 degrees and raining!

axhandle January 5th, 2012 08:19 AM

Darn, where's my Colt .44 Army!!??--Missus must have put it Up where I can find it--chuckle.

The fireplace has a lead pot on the side, a gang mold (.44cal) warming up--drops a dozen at the time--really love BP.

Enfield 1858--Parker-Hale Reissue not reproduction, they got the origional gauges, prints etc out of the Tower of London and remade some back in the '80's.

Bought a Two Band in the '80's, at first, shooting traditional Minies' would splatter them all over a barn side--Hmmmm says Me-- ordered an Enfield -Pritchett mold from Dixie Gunworks--Will take a Gnat off a Chiggers Rear at 200 yds now.

Favorite arm with CSA Snipers.

axhandle January 5th, 2012 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 873482)
I learned on skates like that behind a kitchen chair! No such luck this year! 50 degrees and raining!

Aj, you are light years ahead of me,I have never been on ice skates, and envy those who can.

BTW--Chuckle--How did you get on the cover of Esquire?--:D

axhandle January 5th, 2012 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Aj, my first attempt was Cherry wood--made some mistakes , so went to Poplar, have my blanks, and paying more attention now--I scratch my chin at the straps-?? will they hold and not flop up and down??--Hmmmm--scratching beard, Me,--always something to keep my Brain Gears Greased--:)---It's what most important, the rest of the body follows--;)

axhandle January 5th, 2012 09:51 AM

"The Fair"-- a Play in at least, One Part--;)--Alabama, c.50's

Much activity amongst us, at 10 yrs old, working and planning--Returnable bottles, 2 cents , whiskey bottles 10 cent the pint, rake leaves, 25 cents the hour--

All in anticipation of seeing the WWII Spotlights signal, --the Fair Is Open!--could see them for ten miles.

We organized , the best Shooters went to the Galleries , in quest of the Horse Clock, the Cardsharps went after the Hawkers--the ball players went after the Milk Bottle Throw--and basketball expertise went to the Ring Throws--

The Communications Section went about , fast, picking up info as to how one gets ripped off--and reports back--

Un.

axhandle January 5th, 2012 09:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 873512)
"The Fair"-- a Play in at least, One Part--;)--Alabama, c.50's

Much activity amongst us, at 10 yrs old, working and planning--Returnable bottles, 2 cents , whiskey bottles 10 cent the pint, rake leaves, 25 cents the hour--

All in anticipation of seeing the WWII Spotlights signal, --the Fair Is Open!--could see them for ten miles.

We organized , the best Shooters went to the Galleries , in quest of the Horse Clock, the Cardsharps went after the Hawkers--the ball players went after the Milk Bottle Throw--and basketball expertise went to the Ring Throws--

The Communications Section went about , fast, picking up info as to how one gets ripped off--and reports back--

Un.

Pic

axhandle January 5th, 2012 10:03 AM

Intermission--

"Humans love to be given Puzzles", there is little escape"

Anyone who loves adventure, another challenge, most 'Oft Scary--comes out on the other side, a better educated person.

axhandle January 5th, 2012 10:13 AM

"The Fairground gates open, 50 cents admission--rather Cold,, the Fog and Steam boils off the floodlights.The "Bullets" are going Round and Round--10 Cents!--Bullets are a ride,cylindrical two of them rotateing on an axis, and forward--at a very good pace--