IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 9th, 2010 05:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 568073)
Ohhhhhh Cool a recipe for bread :D I have some leftover ground corn left over from Ga. got any recipes for home ground corn.. The cool thing is ....Get this.. I come home and tell Dave "I have found the best recipe for corn bread ever and I need a grinder" ... :D Guess who has one??? Dave :D he used to grind corn for the chickens :D I am going to copy and save this recipe ..........Sorry I am stealing it ... Not really sorry tho...

You went to "Jawja and didn't come back with a recip---eee-chuckle--how 'bout a buttermilk cornbread recipe?

axhandle July 9th, 2010 06:55 PM

Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Mook July 9th, 2010 07:08 PM

I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 568108)
I've walked miles through the woods...no problems...walked on one of those walk arounds and got lost...lol.

Lode--do I get bored, gimme the forest, anyday---:)

skiracer July 9th, 2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)
Went to Doc last week to get a physical, before going to Gulf--found some lung rattles and he treated me--

Here's the kicker, he prescribed two days a week, walk ,down at the State Park(beautiful) can't, and won't argue with that one--a Bona Fide , written order to go on a Walkabout two days a week!---how good can it get---

He could have said go to the walking track and walk around in a circle----I get bored walking in other than the Woods--:D

Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

axhandle July 9th, 2010 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 568110)
Ax,
me and the wife walk an hour everyday, schedule and time permitting, down by the river at the Island Heights boardwalk. Usually after dinner. I always feel better when we walk. The doc is right on the money. You will last longer if you listen to him.

Oh I know--not taking exception to it at all--do it anyway--just the first time a Doc wrote an order for me--:)

Ajla July 10th, 2010 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568051)
'Bama

Hot weather -very hot.
Missus and I sitting on a concrete picnic bench down at the City Park, looking at the band shell.
Foot Long Chile Dog from Dairy Queen, Iced Coke, barely a Dry Fly buzzing.

All of a sudden--#1 pic comes around Us.

"Well, Hello, what is your name, want to share lunch with us?"

I thank you ,Sir (I'm 17--now--she's 8 at the most), ---but my Aunt, said I shouldn't eat with total strangers."

"Well I live just 6 blocks from you, I'm not a stranger, what are you doing out here?"

"Uncle Bill and Aunt Talluah said I needed to go out and play,(while she gave us a scene from a Midsummer Nights Dream".

----as she ran off she looked back--and said "by the way , my name is ______ Bankhead, and I appreciate you."--Summer of '61--Ax and "Missus.

Pic 2.

T. Bankheads ,Niece--in person.

Marlene Dietrich??

axhandle July 10th, 2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 568335)
Marlene Dietrich??

Favors Marlene a lot--Talullah Bankhead, Hollywood actress and what a controversy.
The little girl I described was her niece and lived in the same town where I grew up.
The little girl, one could, tell had acting talent.

ovenbird July 10th, 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 519399)
Now Which One?--#1 or #2 ?

For me, #2. Definitely!

ovenbird July 10th, 2010 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 568101)

I'm with you. I get bored exercising without another purpose, and soaking in the wonders of nature serves fine as a purpose.