IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle December 6th, 2011 12:05 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Going Down--'Sup to be done, don't know what is up for supper-- for me Lambchops , (With Rosemary, for " 'Missus "--who knows -:D

Simmer chops in Rosemary and water--20 minutes, add a cup of Red wine Vineger and some Siberian Garlic, minced, tsp of real butter-----simmer for 15 seconds , and then turn to high heat-- Sear!-- for 10 seconds--

Throw another log on the fire--And Enjoy--after all--"Tomorrow is Another Day"-;)-

Garlicluvr December 6th, 2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 861102)
Well those are very good guesses :D But It was called "Ipay" or "Ipe" here is a link ...

http://poolandpatio.about.com/od/pat...s-Ipe-Wood.htm

I have heard of it but havent seen it in person. I actually prefer the more common and not so hard on my tool blades domestic hardwoods such as oak, cherry, walnut and maple. Chestnut is nice too if you can find it or Butternut. And i like plain old southern yellow or eastern white pine for softwoods or the cedars, red, white and port orford.

Some of those exotics really dull blades but so does black locust whic is also very hard and dense and weather resistant.

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr December 6th, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 861125)
Going Down--'Sup to be done, don't know what is up for supper-- for me Lambchops , (With Rosemary, for " 'Missus "--who knows -:D

Simmer chops in Rosemary and water--20 minutes, add a cup of Red wine Vineger and some Siberian Garlic, minced, tsp of real butter-----simmer for 15 seconds , and then turn to high heat-- Sear!-- for 10 seconds--

Throw another log on the fire--And Enjoy--after all--"Tomorrow is Another Day"-;)-

Sounds good Ax I too like lamb but the Missus doesnt and kids probably wouldnt try it.

Same goes for a good roast duck, domestic farm raised type. Used to raise a flock of Muscovies and a few Pekings. They are also very entertaining to watch.

axhandle December 7th, 2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 861142)
Sounds good Ax I too like lamb but the Missus doesnt and kids probably wouldnt try it.

Same goes for a good roast duck, domestic farm raised type. Used to raise a flock of Muscovies and a few Pekings. They are also very entertaining to watch.

Roast Duck!--G'Mother quite often fixed duck at thanksgiving instead of turkey, love duck eggs also--

Ducks are one of my favorite watching birds, comical--:)

axhandle December 7th, 2011 07:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Deja Vu--Me and "Bevoir" 1948-- (Beverly-cousin)--we grew up together--
Age of photo belied by the Deckle Edge on the pic border.

Plane , WWII fighter---maybe this is where my interest in aircraft first came in--:)

Ajla December 7th, 2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 861465)
Deja Vu--Me and "Bevoir" 1948-- (Beverly-cousin)--we grew up together--
Age of photo belied by the Deckle Edge on the pic border.

Plane , WWII fighter---maybe this is where my interest in aircraft first came in--:)

Lovely picture! Lamb with rosemary, ofcourse! You know Campanula Rapunculus?
The key is called: Count your blessings!

axhandle December 7th, 2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 861506)
Lovely picture! Lamb with rosemary, ofcourse! You know Campanula Rapunculus?
The key is called: Count your blessings!

It's a "Hellcat"--local highschool had it there for years--

"A Leg 'O Lamb"--for some years now have not seen much-- at one time--New Zealand Lamb, was a Shelf Item--superb--.The only thing I threw away was the Green Mint Jelly--packed in every cut--:)--Gads , it was awful!

"Rapuzel, Rapunzel, let down your hair!"--chuckle--I have a Midwinter Risque Poem--re--Rapuzals so called Suitor--The Turkey--:D:D:D

axhandle December 7th, 2011 10:04 AM

It's December 7th., 2011.
December 7th, 1941--"A Date that will live in Infamy"

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto warned the Japanese Government against an attack against the U.S.--in my mind--much wisdom there.

A Tribute--posted here--

"To Souls , Lost,--

Pearl Harbor---"Pearl" and 9/11's---

"Distant Hoofbeats , on Crimson Sod"
"All Souls Known, to God"

Mook December 7th, 2011 10:22 AM

Can you tell me a little bit about this stove Ax ? It was given to me by my father in law...military issue I think...made by Rogers Akron Ohio.Looks like an old coleman stove and looks like it burns coleman fuel or unleaded gas.He was in Korea and Vietnam...thats about all I know.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...oot/004-22.jpg

skiracer December 7th, 2011 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 861137)
I have heard of it but havent seen it in person. I actually prefer the more common and not so hard on my tool blades domestic hardwoods such as oak, cherry, walnut and maple. Chestnut is nice too if you can find it or Butternut. And i like plain old southern yellow or eastern white pine for softwoods or the cedars, red, white and port orford.

Some of those exotics really dull blades but so does black locust whic is also very hard and dense and weather resistant.

Brazilian Rosewood. Very dark in color and very hard. Absolutetely needs to be predrilled at every fastener whether it be nails or screws. Beautiful wood but very expensive and hard to work with. Not worth it in my estimation. Can get the same look with Mohogany at much less price and so much easier to work with. Even with Mohogany you would still have to predrill for your fasteners.