IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Ajla December 6th, 2011 10:25 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

We've celebrated St Nicholas, with lots of goodies, and good spirits! ;)

w8in4dave December 6th, 2011 10:27 AM

Sighhhhhhhh glasses on ..... I am such a door knob.......... Is that what your looking for?? LOL :D

axhandle December 6th, 2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 861024)
Stutter for sure, double the. Or The, the Spring as old stuttering John would say..

Jeff:)

Mind picks up strange things--;):)---

White lines are picked up by the brain,quicker than black lines--only a millisecond apart--yet---the composite is left to the person--

I "Liken" this to cameras and shutter speeds--;):)--

Hope all is well in Md.--Ax.

w8in4dave December 6th, 2011 10:39 AM

I made a video last night coming home in the snow....Wish I'd of had the camera on a lil sooner... trees are coming down because of all the water... then we had a heavy wet snow ... I made it home ..... :)

axhandle December 6th, 2011 10:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 861027)
Ax: Have the smoker fired up today. Started by building a up a decent little bed of coals with oak wood. Then start feeding her a piece of cherry that has been soaking in a bucket of water overnight. Keep the temp between 200 and 240 degrees low and slow all day.

Have three turkeys and three hams on there for work Christmas/Holiday party tomorrow. Good stuff cant hardly beat smoked turkey, except maybe smoked brisket though it might be a dead even tie. Cherry smoking wood gives it a nice sweet fruity flavor.

Drop it down to 170F,---get a beer, preferably a Staropramen--;)--wish I could fly up to such a repast--a block of Cherrywood--Absolutely!-- You Bet!!!--got a ton of it out back--prime stuff, 100 yr old--talk about flavor--:)

P.S. If I didnt know better--the attached is my Daughter, sans the mole and her perfect nose--;)

axhandle December 6th, 2011 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 861065)
Drop it down to 170F,---get a beer, preferably a Staropramen--;)--wish I could fly up to such a repast--a block of Cherrywood--Absolutely!-- You Bet!!!--got a ton of it out back--prime stuff, 100 yr old--talk about flavor--:)

P.S. If I didnt know better--the attached is my Daughter, sans the mole and her perfect nose--;)

"Diddleing About" down stairs, yesterday--looking for something else--found my "Navy Watch Cap"----Tight knit wool, Gov't issue--not a better Headpiece to be had--:)

w8in4dave December 6th, 2011 10:59 AM

Ohhhh Ohhhh I should take a pic but it isn't around....hubbs buddy is working at the "Toledo Zoo" they are building a bridge over a lil stream, his buddy brought home a chunk of wood that is a lil bigger than a brick, It is a very heavy piece of wood, not from these parts. He wanted Dave to guess , but couldn't do...... can anyone guess??? Wild guess, shot in the dark.... Very heavy and very dark in color :D

Garlicluvr December 6th, 2011 11:08 AM

If I had time or another person to mind fire into the evening would let her drop even lower.

Have a lot of Cherry around here too and in Pennsylvania next state up. Luck for me as it is my favorite firewood, smoking wood and furniture wood. I even prefer it to Walnut for furniture. I like good tiger or curly maple also.

Other fruit woods are also good smokers just harder to find. Apple and pear make a nice smoke and pearwood is hard and pretty so is apple. They dont get real big but make good boxes, handles, pens and smaller items. I have a german wood-plane with a pear body that is gorgeous.

Also have tons of oak around here both white and red, some black oaks, a decent amount of hickory, maple, beech, locust and Sycamore too. And quite a bit of gum and tulip poplar though these two arent as useful gum almost impossible to split and the poplar a bit soft for most things and I never liked the smell of poplar. I reserve it for kindling mostly I even prefer good pine for drawer bottoms and sides and cabinet backs etc. Secondary furniture wood.

BTW Looks like the daughter got some good genes.

Mook December 6th, 2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w8in4dave (Post 861073)
Ohhhh Ohhhh I should take a pic but it isn't around....hubbs buddy is working at the "Toledo Zoo" they are building a bridge over a lil stream, his buddy brought home a chunk of wood that is a lil bigger than a brick, It is a very heavy piece of wood, not from these parts. He wanted Dave to guess , but couldn't do...... can anyone guess??? Wild guess, shot in the dark.... Very heavy and very dark in color :D

Railroad Tie...:D

w8in4dave December 6th, 2011 11:16 AM

Garlicluvr , hubbs had a dresser that was falling apart , the guy he was helping wanted to burn it. Gave it to Dave, it was painted black hubbs took it apart sanded it and it is all Curly Mable... We have the top and it is just beautiful!! Not sure what we are going to make out of it yet... he has the fronts of the drawers also but he did give a couple of them away.