IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle December 5th, 2011 10:13 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Mook,

Got my Remington Speeedmaster- 552--'62 back together--amidst G'Kids.

Got it 3 yrs ago at the 'Gun Show' for $20.00--fellow thought he ripped me off:
--I knew that the hammers on these were not case hardened, two zips of a file, hone and some good Rem-Oil fixed it up--

Mook December 5th, 2011 11:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 860528)
Mook,

Got my Remington Speeedmaster- 552--'62 back together--amidst G'Kids.

Got it 3 yrs ago at the 'Gun Show' for $20.00--fellow thought he ripped me off:
--I knew that the hammers on these were not case hardened, two zips of a file, hone and some good Rem-Oil fixed it up--

Sweet gun...20 bucks was a steal.That gun in good condition could bring $200.00+.I have the 510 target master...dad purchased it new for $9.00...could sale for $150.00+.I got to looking at the nylon 66's...I have one with the brown stock...WOW...didn't realize what I had...could bring upwards of $1,400.00+...wouldn't sell it for the world...first gun I ever purchased...:)

Mook December 5th, 2011 12:13 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Seen any of these Ax ? Active shotgun shells made in Kearneysville WV from the 70's to the 90's.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/032-2.jpg

axhandle December 6th, 2011 06:56 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 860576)
Sweet gun...20 bucks was a steal.That gun in good condition could bring $200.00+.I have the 510 target master...dad purchased it new for $9.00...could sale for $150.00+.I got to looking at the nylon 66's...I have one with the brown stock...WOW...didn't realize what I had...could bring upwards of $1,400.00+...wouldn't sell it for the world...first gun I ever purchased...:)

Ironic, G'Dad had a Targetmaster Model 41-1936 manufacture,-it disappeared some 20 yrs ago--brother had it.
Two weekends ago, went to gun show almost ready to leave, spotted a Targetmaster, and the price was right--home it came,
Researched, made in 1936--

G'Dads was the very first firearm I ever picked up, and fired at age 6, so now the rifle and memories come back:)

I'm with you on the Nylon 66's, !! love 'em, mine is brown stock, clip fed--extremely, reliable and accurate, and the weight--superb.

Fellow in neighborhood had the black stock (Apache) model.

Kept my eye peeled for a top break 12 ga. for you, at the show, the AGCA show is comeing up, that was New England you wanted?--

axhandle December 6th, 2011 07:03 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 860606)
Seen any of these Ax ? Active shotgun shells made in Kearneysville WV from the 70's to the 90's.

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...root/032-2.jpg

Oh, yesss--remember them well---innovative, all plastic--wonder why they went by the wayside?--

Got a box of Eley "Grand Prix" downstairs I bought back in 1960, as I recall--$1.50 per box, cheap and we shot a lot of them, but never killed anything--chuckle--I 'oft wonder if they weren't blanks-:D

Everybody then wanted Peters Hi-Velocity (High Brass)--the blue ones--but out of price range.

axhandle December 6th, 2011 07:08 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Back when I hunted CW relics, I told everyone to save all the shotgun shell brass they found, I wanted them--polished them up and made a heck of a display, as I recall the "Nitro Club" was predominate.

Try to post a pic for you sometime--

axhandle December 6th, 2011 08:50 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Deja Vu--two days ago -looking for something else--

Scanned the pic had to resize--

c.1950--thats me on the wing, and my Guardian--"Bevoir"--(Beverly)--I remember as if yesterday--just had to be reminded.

The highschool had this WWII aircraft--(Still in process of identifying)--at the entrance--

Uncle, and Dad took us over, in winter,--and took pics with a "Kewpie"--620 camera--

Age of pic is belied by the Deckle Edge--

Gads, what a flop--!!!-- the Infallible Software resizing function ,--didn't function!--writing Bill "Electron" Gates, & associates, a note--Either they get it right, or I will!--chuckle.

redneckplanter December 6th, 2011 09:02 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 860520)
thought i'd throw out a blatant pimpin effort. ax and co?
wondered iffin anybody wanted to come join up with us at the acres?smiles
ax and ajla and tweed been hiding from me....smiles
ya'll cmon and have some redneck fun.smiles
just click on my sig line ...proboards........lol

boo.

Mook December 6th, 2011 09:33 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 860925)
Oh, yesss--remember them well---innovative, all plastic--wonder why they went by the wayside?--

Active was bought out by Kent Cartridge Co.Kent still makes some of their shells at the old Active plant.

Ajla December 6th, 2011 09:42 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 860517)
Read it again, Dave and post--what-you see-- only, read it quick-----answer to same , in two days--

Love Puzzles and 'Gizmos'---;):)

Stuttering again Ax? ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.