IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Mook November 9th, 2011 08:40 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

I've watched about all the vids on youtube from that war and others...can't get enough of it...I guess you could say I love it...:)

axhandle November 9th, 2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 850577)
I've watched about all the vids on youtube from that war and others...can't get enough of it...I guess you could say I love it...:)

One broadcast at the time--"General Geraldo" flew in at the very first, as usual he put on his "Showboat Suit" and was drawing an outline of the battle in the sand--showing troop dispositions, he got canned , put on an airplane, and told not to come back--News Media Generals--;):D

Mook November 9th, 2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850582)
One broadcast at the time--"General Geraldo" flew in at the very first, as usual he put on his "Showboat Suit" and was drawing an outline of the battle in the sand--showing troop dispositions, he got canned , put on an airplane, and told not to come back--News Media Generals--;):D

General Geraldo...what was he thinking...real dumb arse...can't stand the guy.Shame there couldn't have been an oops situation when he was there...:D

Ajla November 9th, 2011 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850278)
O.K. ,Aj,-:) need a hint--

Sorry you're not feeling well, that's why you must be slow in catching on,
they're blind!

axhandle November 9th, 2011 09:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 850591)
Sorry you're not feeling well, that's why you must be slow in catching on,
they're blind!

Chuckle--"Die Blinde"--one of my suppositions--;):)

axhandle November 9th, 2011 09:40 AM

Don't believe I ever shared this :

Had to find a way out, surrounded----Stakes were the ultimate--

Pitch Dark Navigation and Recon--in a heavily booby trapped area, much triplines, and the task was on me.

"Die Blinde" flashed back (Not 18 months back)--"Squad, Line Up, grab the packgrip of the man in front of you--do not let go!"--- "Move Out!"

A slender fire hardened bamboo "cane" was at the head,--if a tripwire was encountered it transmitted a distinct vibration--everyone stopped--

2A.M. Blind, navigating enemy territory--Thus--one of my Favorite Paintings.

Who says Art does not have a message in War--

axhandle November 9th, 2011 12:05 PM

Today--began at 0330--did tasks till 0530--sat down and had a cup of "Joe".

"All The Critters were scurrying about out back, my Jenny Wrens flew up on the deck--to check on me"

Sunrise--
Morning Breakfast--Priceless--

Hmmm- Pancakes and Real Maple Syrup, a Steaming Mug, of Sumatra Coffee,--and a Link Sausage--;)--

"With regard and a Payment Back, I retire to the North Tower";)--It's Winter--you know--:)

axhandle November 9th, 2011 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 850587)
General Geraldo...what was he thinking...real dumb arse...can't stand the guy.Shame there couldn't have been an oops situation when he was there...:D

What a ,Hoot, he---:D

Ajla November 10th, 2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850606)
Don't believe I ever shared this :

Had to find a way out, surrounded----Stakes were the ultimate--

Pitch Dark Navigation and Recon--in a heavily booby trapped area, much triplines, and the task was on me.

"Die Blinde" flashed back (Not 18 months back)--"Squad, Line Up, grab the packgrip of the man in front of you--do not let go!"--- "Move Out!"

A slender fire hardened bamboo "cane" was at the head,--if a tripwire was encountered it transmitted a distinct vibration--everyone stopped--

2A.M. Blind, navigating enemy territory--Thus--one of my Favorite Paintings.

Who says Art does not have a message in War--

Thank you for sharing that story Ax! Luckily these little girls seem quite happy!

w8in4dave November 10th, 2011 08:18 AM

Mornin e1 :D, I am going to go get my Verizon wireless home phone for 20 bucks a month :D Hopefully there is not a lineup :D .. I have been up since 3:30 was supposed to get up at 5;30 and go take a friend to the airport. Long story short Dave hadn't changed the clocks down stairs and I was sure if he set the alarm... Sighhhhh that means I go to bed earlie tonight!! My friend did make it to the airport :D TTYL