IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle November 8th, 2011 10:49 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850272)
Gads, no--Thanks for pics--new one on me--
Most here were hand dug,some machinery, I could make a home out of one of those (Auger) in a minute--is it for sale--;):)--My 'Kinda Place.

Re:"Hardspat", Al--after I got out of the Army, some decades later I went back up the Hollow in the fall, passed by "Hookworm"--G'Pa named it because one had to Lie Down and "Hook It"--He and G'Uncle told the engineers it had a Mudslip- in it--First rain, down Hookworm came--:D

Come on down--we'll go to "Hardspat"--much solace--Ax.

Reminded me, Mook--"Pulling Pillars and Stumps"--G'Dad did it and passed on--"Don't pull piilars and stumps, Sonno--get your education"--I listened and can't complain now--:)

axhandle November 8th, 2011 10:50 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850212)
Pretty deep question, Aj--have about 3 suppositions, right off the cuff--Kids having fun--but there appears to be a serious side.

Was to go to the Mill this weekend to do a documentary, but--some 24 hr virus hit the both of us--

Hope you are well and Coal is in the Bin--:)

O.K. ,Aj,-:) need a hint--

axhandle November 8th, 2011 10:58 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Tuesday, Nov 8.

Burn notice expired--now I can burn some stuff--chuckle--and how--along the way-all things fall in place--absolutely beautiful, healthy weather outside--Ax.

Mook November 8th, 2011 11:23 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850277)
Reminded me, Mook--"Pulling Pillars and Stumps"--G'Dad did it and passed on--"Don't pull piilars and stumps, Sonno--get your education"--I listened and can't complain now--:)

Pulled many a pillar with a machine...didn't leave any stumps...object is to get the roof to cave in.Check out the video...if you turn up the sound you can hear the wooden timbers pop and bump...those wooden timbers are your best friend when doing pillar work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFzyEEQXds

axhandle November 8th, 2011 11:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
"Dizzy 3"-- Dc 3--Delta Constellation 3--many are still flying--

Military-C-47.

Brits--"Dakota"--Lend Lease.

Doc Boss flew these in Arabia (ARRAMCO),hauling "Christmas Trees" out to the oilfields,took on locals with goats and chickens.

In flight, fire alarm went off--in cabin,locals had to brew up their Kiff Kiff--built a fire in the aisleway--Hmmm--TSA restrictons?-no---Hmmm---Hmmm

axhandle November 8th, 2011 11:49 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
2 Attachment(s)
There is a Norton , in my basement 850 Commando--it ate Harllys for breakfast, lunch and dinner--

axhandle November 8th, 2011 05:17 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 850293)
Pulled many a pillar with a machine...didn't leave any stumps...object is to get the roof to cave in.Check out the video...if you turn up the sound you can hear the wooden timbers pop and bump...those wooden timbers are your best friend when doing pillar work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVFzyEEQXds

Yep the squeak and groan--G'Uncle and G'Dad could read the sounds-Thanks for video--Ax--
Reminds me of what G'Dad said--

Mook November 9th, 2011 08:00 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Remember this joker ? We have crushed the enemy...Lawd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwX6...eature=related

axhandle November 9th, 2011 08:14 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 850564)
Remember this joker ? We have crushed the enemy...Lawd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcwX6...eature=related

I am suffering Acute Gut Bust, lying in the floor laughing--You Made my Day, Mook--Ole "Baghdad Bob", recall at the time "and Once Again!!, we have annihilated the enemy!"--

Gads, got to go tape my Ribs--:D

axhandle November 9th, 2011 08:24 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 850566)
I am suffering Acute Gut Bust, lying in the floor laughing--You Made my Day, Mook--Ole "Baghdad Bob", recall at the time "and Once Again!!, we have annihilated the enemy!"--

Gads, got to go tape my Ribs--:D

1."And Once Again we have annihilated them"--

2.Our Comrades in Arms--the Frenchies--Jacque Charaq--at the time, France wouldn,t help. Caption--"What!?, No More French Fries!!?"

3.Chief Dunce--


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.