IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle September 29th, 2011 08:46 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 836147)
Opening note--So am I Jeff--some 46 plus years now--
Reminds me of a Saturday Morning , down at the Couthouse--the Veterans of Hard Times--1920's and '30's --I was about 12--got out of Sat Morning Shoot Outs--(Theatre) and ambled down two blocks to "See what was going on"-

The Vets sat on benches, Whittling Cedar, trading knives, finding many solutions to problems the Gov't continued to drag out--, checkerboards--etc.

Anyway--one Sat Morning-a Pretty Little Thing walked by on the sidewalk, most Kept 'On a 'Whittlin--but my best Oracle--who befirended me at age 12--sorta sat up--stretched looked about- --etc., and went back to 'Whittlin--

He knowingly said--"What is it Boy?"--got a Question?--(Well, I had many, bedazzled by the Pretty Thing--

"Thought You were Married?"--

"Folded his pocket knife up, put in pocket--"Well son, remember this--"I may be on a diet , but I can still look at the Menu!"--answered my question and gave me wisdom for the rest of my life"

axhandle September 29th, 2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 836130)
Ax: While the liking me part would be flattering, I am a happily married man.

The part that made it stick in my mind was the feeling that maybe I should intervene with some fatherly advice on her attire. Not that it was unpleasant as she certainly had the body to pull it off. She just seemed so genuinely nice and respectful that I felt somewhat compelled to try and help her out. So on my part it was the father instinct coming out.

I dont think some of these young girls realize how their dress or attire when it is on the skimpy side can come across to others and even affect how they are treated, employment oppurtunities etc. I am not saying that it should, but the reality is, it does.

In this case I dont believe she realized that her outfit was quite that revealing or focused some probably unwanted attention on parts of her anatomy.

When I see women in their forties wearing something similiar I guess I assume they are a little more aware of what they are revealing and in some cases are looking for the attention. With the younger girls I think it may be the fact that they see so much of this in the media, hollywood, and it has slowly become acceptable and commonplace for them to dress skimpily. I fear that many are not mature enough to fully understand the implications or possible consequences. They like the attention maybe but cant see the possible down side.

Am I just becoming a prude Ax:D

Jeff:)

Prude--Heck No--!--Appreciator of all things--Life--and presevation of same--Yes.

Garlicluvr September 29th, 2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 836150)
He knowingly said--"What is it Boy?"--got a Question?--(Well, I had many, bedazzled by the Pretty Thing--

"Thought You were Married?"--

"Folded his pocket knife up, put in pocket--"Well son, remember this--"I may be on a diet , but I can still look at the Menu!"--answered my question and gave me wisdom for the rest of my life"

Agree with the fellows sentiment. Or the more common saying "I may be Married but I am not dead yet" as it pertains to window shopping or perusing the menu if you will.

I certainly have nothing against appreciating a pretty girl or the beauty of the feminine form. I even appreciate a tastefully executed nude such as Boticelli's Venus.

I am far from prudish but from time to time like this find myself thinking maybe I should impart some fatherly advise.

axhandle September 29th, 2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 836157)
Agree with the fellows sentiment. Or the more common saying "I may be Married but I am not dead yet" as it pertains to window shopping or perusing the menu if you will.

I certainly have nothing against appreciating a pretty girl or the beauty of the feminine form. I even appreciate a tastefully executed nude such as Boticelli's Venus.

I am far from prudish but from time to time like this find myself thinking maybe I should impart some fatherly advise.

Fatherly/Experience--both, are mandates in life, they are essential and be "One and the Same"--according to the task at hand--both have to be summonds to make the appropriate decision--Dad was a Master at it--never demanded , nor scolded--but gave at lest ten examples of Why or Why Not--for each dilemma-

Garlicluvr September 29th, 2011 10:56 AM

Ax: where is Dave? Havent seen her post in a few days.

Maybe she went up north maybe just busy.

Jeff

axhandle September 29th, 2011 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 836191)
Ax: where is Dave? Havent seen her post in a few days.

Maybe she went up north maybe just busy.

Jeff

Hope,Dave,-- is getting her sleep study done, then go fishing up there--awaiting the results--"Nothing like a good fresh caught fish,--Cornbread, laced with Cayennes,a Camp Fire in the Forest, and Sweet Dreams--

Throw some Garlic, and Onions On (Just Make sure 'An Iron Skillit is there;):))--and 'Tha Party--Will !-- Always be --Well Made--Regards to All---Ax.
Dave , Will be back--

redneckplanter September 29th, 2011 02:55 PM

friend da world.

axhandle September 29th, 2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redneckplanter (Post 836314)
friend da world.

And how is Sir Plant, today?--I'd Surmise well--:)

redneckplanter September 29th, 2011 03:52 PM

cofffffffffffffffffeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
doing well ax of dig. smiles
been posting a lil bit.........

Ajla September 30th, 2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 836102)
I'm sure that the availability of Ouzo is up, and the prices, on same, are down--:D

Knowing Zorba, the answer would be yes--:)---Indomitable spirit .

Saw a short Documentary the other day, Re:--Dutch against the Sea--absolutely ingenious engineering.

The Fog has rolled in for the last two days, very heavy mist--and the weather is turning--

Yes I suppose he's still dancing, but too carefree a spirit is not always wise?