IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle September 7th, 2011 10:46 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826258)
Just busy Ax: Weedeater was having idle problems so finally took the carb apart last week blew all of the port/jets out with carb cleaner, put her back together and re-adjusted idles. Running like a champ again but I had a lot of weed-eating to catch up on went through two tanks of gas Sunday and got most of it done.

Found a ground bee nest in the process and they crawled up one glove and got me a time or two before I realized I had stirred them up and got the heck out of dodge.

Took down the electric garden fence for the year and bush-hogged one end of it. Will do the rest when my seed beans and tomatoes are finally done. Then I plan on tilling the whole thing and planting a clover cover crop.

More fall clean-up, dormant oil spraying etc. to do. Then maybe some fall equipment maintenance such as oil and fan belt change on the John Deere, draining gas and new fuel/air filters on the weed-eater etc.

Jeff:)

Darn Reed Valve Carbs,--One Speck shuts the whole operation down--disgust--go buy a new one is the brainwashing of today--

Little have Notion--beyond us,--keep the carb and intake clean--;):)

axhandle September 7th, 2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826350)
Darn Reed Valve Carbs,--One Speck shuts the whole operation down--disgust--go buy a new one is the brainwashing of today--

The "Yellow Jacks" and "Hummers" are fighting out on the deck(Hummer Feeder),

I sit and chuckle--'Missus always gets in to a "Yellow Jack" Nest--almost every summer--and they go wild --:)

axhandle September 8th, 2011 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
"Open the Box and 'Ye Shall See, Something to Make One Dance With Glee!"

chickweed September 8th, 2011 08:51 AM

Is that sweetgrass? I have a sweetgrass box that looks like that in my bathroom - found it at an outdoor flea market along the Grand Strand many years ago.

Garlicluvr September 8th, 2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826350)

Ax: Those reed valve carbs are temperamental. This one was on the Stihl, bike handle trimmer I have the pro model so well worth fixing and all of the parts and service if I want it available from local Mennonite Stihl dealer.

I had absolutely no problems with it for 3 1/2 years then developed this idle problem would die if you didn't constantly give it a bit of throttle even after warmed up. I assumed carb as it ran ok otherwise would just die at idle and I had forgotten to drain the gas tank last fall at the end of the season and gas sat all winter and spring. I found some gumming under the diaphragm/reed valve probably the problem and gum could have clogged ports too.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 09:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826702)
Is that sweetgrass? I have a sweetgrass box that looks like that in my bathroom - found it at an outdoor flea market along the Grand Strand many years ago.

Don't know, Chick one of my personnel was going back to India to visit Family, I wished her a good trip, and jokingly said--"Bring me back a Cobra"

It's a work of art and wish I knew more about the materials/ construction--any ideas.?

You opened the Box--now "Jump with Gleee!!"--chuckle--I did when she gave it to me.

Simple things of life--Precious!.

It's counterbalanced, pops up and bobbles about--

G'Daughter loves it.

axhandle September 8th, 2011 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garlicluvr (Post 826709)
Ax: Those reed valve carbs are temperamental. This one was on the Stihl, bike handle trimmer I have the pro model so well worth fixing and all of the parts and service if I want it available from local Mennonite Stihl dealer.

I had absolutely no problems with it for 3 1/2 years then developed this idle problem would die if you didn't constantly give it a bit of throttle even after warmed up. I assumed carb as it ran ok otherwise would just die at idle and I had forgotten to drain the gas tank last fall at the end of the season and gas sat all winter and spring. I found some gumming under the diaphragm/reed valve probably the problem and gum could have clogged ports too.

Stihl is Premier--3.5 years without problems--Testimony.

I learned to run carb cleaner thru the gas before winterizing--to clean the carb--drain tank and carb--those Stabilising additives are made to sell.

Thinking about a Husqvarna--16-18 inch bar-- and a Stihl of the same.

Who knows, knowing me I'll end up with both-:)

I appeciate anything that works and doesent let me down, and I don't let it down, and so do you.

Son had a Kawasaki 90 rotary valve--reliable , and a Screamer.

chickweed September 8th, 2011 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 826714)
Don't know, Chick one of my personnel was going back to India to visit Family, I wished her a good trip, and jokingly said--"Bring me back a Cobra"

It's a work of art and wish I knew more about the materials/ construction--any ideas.?

You opened the Box--now "Jump with Gleee!!"--chuckle--I did when she gave it to me.

Simple things of life--Precious!.

It's counterbalanced, pops up and bobbles about--

G'Daughter loves it.

Close up doesn't look like sweetgrass. That is amazing! I love that!

axhandle September 8th, 2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chickweed (Post 826719)
Close up doesn't look like sweetgrass. That is amazing! I love that!

Almost Halloween , Chick--remember last year;):)

w8in4dave September 8th, 2011 09:47 AM

Nice box ax :D I can live without the snake tho..... LOL