IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

axhandle July 30th, 2011 08:57 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalbers (Post 806152)
Hah. seafood is overrated. I'm just going to sit in a corner and eat some green chili.

Harrgh--had Swimps three times last week and a doz--oysters--Neener--:D

axhandle July 30th, 2011 09:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 806429)

Mook You come up with some of the most unique things--:)

Neat,--saving the pic--

Gotta think something up for you--

While I do--how 'Bout a preliminary consolation prize-;):)

Mook July 31st, 2011 09:32 AM

Revised

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i7...marquee1-1.jpg

axhandle July 31st, 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mook (Post 806638)

Lawd!--We both in trouble now!--chuckle.:D

skiracer July 31st, 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 806435)
Mook You come up with some of the most unique things--:)

Neat,--saving the pic--

Gotta think something up for you--

While I do--how 'Bout a preliminary consolation prize-;):)

I just watched her in "Kill Bill" parts 1 & 2. If you haven't seen it already its definitely worth watching both. She's exceptionally hot!! and a big time killer in Kill Bill.

Garlicluvr July 31st, 2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 806425)
Jeff, bit concerned during your absence ,Long time No See:)----appears you and young ones had a ball back on the far.

Hope your Mom is well.

P.S. While you were gone, I believe I saw a high of 119 in D.C. one day last week.

Good to see you back, I know you have "Ketchup" work to do;)--Ax.

Thanks Ax. It was hotter temp-wise in Kansas but still more miserable here with the humidity.

I got the garden and fruit trees watered for the most part and picked about 8 quarts of blue-lake green beans about that many more out there. Cooked up a batch of beans today with a bit of chopped bacon they were good put the rest in the fridge until I pick the rest and can a batch or two.

Picked an almost ripe Kelloggs Breakfast a monster at about 1 1/2 lbs. Have it sitting in the window to finish ripening. Also have my first Mortgage Lifter in the window for a day or so cant wait to try them. Got my first Green Doctors (a green when ripe cherry tomato) the other night when checking the garden and ate it on the spot. Quite good and perhaps my favorite cherry ever will have to grow them again.

My tomatoes, peppers, and eggplants are tolerating the heat along with the beans but my cukes may be about done if we dont at least get some rain and slightly cooler temps soon.

Chick: Glad to see you back and sounds like you have been through the wringer. Like Ax said try to get some rest. Glad to hear that Ed is doing better.

Jeff:)

Garlicluvr July 31st, 2011 03:45 PM

Ax: I am getting ready to pull the garlic from the barn, clean and sort it so shoot me a PM with your address and I will put a little sampler together for you.

German Porcelain was the winner this year for size huge cloves and bulbs. My first year growing it but wont be the last as it is a keeper.

Hope to get it all sorted by the end of the week.

woodwitch July 31st, 2011 07:25 PM

Garlicluvr you must have brought the huminity with you to Kansas and forgot to take it home when you left. It is a steam bath here. We got storms this weekend and now yoju can cut the air with a knife.

Garlicluvr August 1st, 2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by woodwitch (Post 807011)
Garlicluvr you must have brought the huminity with you to Kansas and forgot to take it home when you left. It is a steam bath here. We got storms this weekend and now yoju can cut the air with a knife.

I may have but most of it followed me back home as it is still plenty humid here.:D

What I would give just for a few evenings or mornings with less than 80% humidity.

axhandle August 1st, 2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skiracer (Post 806719)
I just watched her in "Kill Bill" parts 1 & 2. If you haven't seen it already its definitely worth watching both. She's exceptionally hot!! and a big time killer in Kill Bill.

Uma--SIZZLES!--:)

Got interested in the Blade (Sword) depicted as being made by a Master in Okinawa--Hollywood or for real?--The Okinawans were very frugal---another mystery--:)