IDigMyGarden Forums

IDigMyGarden Forums (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AX'S CORNER (http://www.idigmygarden.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31067)

Ajla June 30th, 2010 12:06 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 562325)
I took up wooden ship building reading as a diversion once,--amazing-

The ones that struck my curiosity was Dutch design and structure in the 1500's.

Hmmmm--guess I was born to late, or, am I getting old after 612 yrs now---;):)

I'll see what I can find, but first it's supper time!
How is the storm effecting the oil spill?

axhandle June 30th, 2010 12:51 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 562334)
I'll see what I can find, but first it's supper time!
How is the storm effecting the oil spill?

It came over the Yucatan, wind speed decreased, but picking up.
With the counter rotation I expect much oil being spilled on S.Texas and Mexico.

The outer fringes of the storm will wash some oil West of my coast, but in the process it will sweep more in to the Gulf States.

Thanks, Ajla---Ax.

Love My Garden July 1st, 2010 08:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Couldn't fine a better place for these "Heirloom Cuke Pics" am saving the seeds!

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/...0-7-100002.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/...0-7-100001.jpg

Actually this is the Neighbor's Grandaughters entry for the Kids Veggie Art Contest! That we made together :)

axhandle July 1st, 2010 09:37 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
I really have to say, artistic/creative talent in in your blood--polish, nurture--

Absolutely Love it.

Thanks--Ax

Try to return a favor for the pix, but you have eclipsed me for the moment--:)

axhandle July 1st, 2010 09:56 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Ajla I have figured out how part of a Dutch windmill works--beyond air blowing on the sails.

When I finish I will try to find schematics and see how close I got--

I noticed the U.S has accepted help from other countries, when I go to the Gulf, I will look up a Dutch ship,--maybe my old Friend, Jan, will be there in re-incarnation!

We will certainly learn lessons from experts in Sea and Sand.

Ajla July 1st, 2010 10:38 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 562925)
Ajla I have figured out how part of a Dutch windmill works--beyond air blowing on the sails.

When I finish I will try to find schematics and see how close I got--

I noticed the U.S has accepted help from other countries, when I go to the Gulf, I will look up a Dutch ship,--maybe my old Friend, Jan, will be there in re-incarnation!

We will certainly learn lessons from experts in Sea and Sand.

I'm glad you're still playing with the windmill, since ships are harder to come by! Only thing so far is replica building? It's hot and dry, but I went for a nice ride on my bicycle, even if it was to the dentist's!

axhandle July 1st, 2010 01:20 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ajla (Post 562958)
I'm glad you're still playing with the windmill, since ships are harder to come by! Only thing so far is replica building? It's hot and dry, but I went for a nice ride on my bicycle, even if it was to the dentist's!

I Recall---" A 'Jaunty Stroll, hand upon the Hilt , drawn often,in experience, and less, in less judgement"

"My tooth, and the enigma, therof, --Why?--in pain"
"I stop to see baker, the butcher , and haow are things?, ask I"

"And before my tooth being attended to--" "I visit one who understands and had share common experiences"

axhandle July 1st, 2010 01:44 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
" I go Snooze, Dream, and Plan for Tomorrow"

axhandle July 1st, 2010 07:42 PM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepper (Post 561639)
these are photos not prints date 1941 , thanks a million

Prime stuff---:)

Ajla July 2nd, 2010 10:39 AM

Re: AX'S CORNER
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by axhandle (Post 563125)
I Recall---" A 'Jaunty Stroll, hand upon the Hilt , drawn often,in experience, and less, in less judgement"

"My tooth, and the enigma, therof, --Why?--in pain"
"I stop to see baker, the butcher , and haow are things?, ask I"

"And before my tooth being attended to--" "I visit one who understands and had share common experiences"

It's too hot to even think! I'm going to water the garden (and myself!)
I keep expecting that other kitchen to appear, another Vermeer most likely, you know which one I mean?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.